Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 26029 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

(otherwise known as crazed gesteruing. Now's your chance to dual G Rose. Or go on a crazy misadventure. Either or.)

((Its just kidna pointing your thumb away from everyone else. Everyone knows that!))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Tournament Resolution

The announcer proclaims! "And the winner of the New Semester Freshman tournament is... Rulao!"
The crowd cheers just about as much as you could expect from a small venue. It seems that Rulao made a decent impression.

The odd mustachioed man speaks to a somewhat flustered Cyoggy Pete. "Well well. I must say that if you were trying to impress me with your piddling Ace Card scheme, you failed! Hoo hahaha!! As expected, there's truly no substitute for a proper Holographic Card! myes."

He continues. "But I digress, it would be absolutely tolerable to assist with the creation of a card for the kid who did such a good job of making my former nemesis look like such a dunderpate! Kukuku!"

Okay, this guy is clearly pretty high up on the list of suspicious people. Regardless, a Holographic Card is now within grasping reach of Rulao!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(And watch as he declines it. This guy has no sense does he.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Indeed, only question is if it ends in Odelia getting the card like Rulao implied or nobody getting the card and Odelia being mad about the opportunity being lost to all of them)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

((Rulao is totally taking the card as is his destiny.))

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

The multicolored sleeve of the Holographic Card lingers in the air before the thuggish boy, bathed in the power bestowed upon it by these masters of CYOGTCG. Its appearance halts his descent down the steps, he stands with both fist firmly in those pockets half-way down the raised game-table. Those beady eyes of his look upon the blank card, and all the potential wrought about it, shimmering, it nearly forces upon his mind countless possibilities. Having defeated three students in all together tough battles with their ACE cards, it practically demanded his grasp to further level the odds in his favour, to wield it and destroy yet more monsters.

But. . . He does not cheer and reach out to it.

His glare turns solid to the pair of old men prattling on between the commotion of the small audience. Though he cannot hear them, Rulao seems to feel the vibe they emenate. Along with a finger pointed their way, his rough voice bellows over the crowd. "Listen here. . ." He rasps, those words intended for more than just Pete and his suspicious compatriot. "CYOGTCG ain't won with fancy cards or unfair 'vantages." He throws that hand out to the side, sweeping the floating sleeve and all the mystic power within toward the opposite side of the table.

Rulao's face is contorted further into some mix of fury and pride. Each word more forceful than the last. "It's all 'bout SPIRIT! Ya got that?!" He roars, having more than proven his point in this Freshman Tourney. "Ain't nothin' stronger than this burning SOUL!" With his passionate cry, Rulao continues to leave the table, havin' no desire to play into the hands of those old men.

'Go ahead 'Delia, ya came this far. . .'

An insulting thought perhaps, but in the thug's mind, he meant well. Though he adds a few more words to his little speech, " 'Sides, I ain't won this thing 'til I've beaten G3!!!"

Was this really some solidified code of honour he'd lived by? Was Rulao just looking for even more recognition in the humility he seemed to portray. Or maybe, just maybe, he was an obstinate idiot. Now all that remained was to see how Pete and his cohort would respond.
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Watch out G, Carcinization is coming for ya.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Odelia wants to deride, to chastise, to nag about Rulao giving up this chance but well... The words he said on the last turn still linger inside her head. The boy may be belligerent, obstinate, and most certainly chasing the single worst goalpost she'd ever seen, but it seemed there was some far deeper understanding, or perhaps connection, to CYOGTCG in that boy than mere luck and skill. She knew that he of all people knew what he was giving up, and that he'd rather she have it.

Well, Rulao had won the card. Clearly, wasn't it then up to his decision what was done with it?

Odelia reaches out for the sleeve of the Holographic Card

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

(Watch out G, Carcinization is coming for ya.)

((My inevitable victory will seem hollow now that he doesn't have a holographic card :())

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The odd man cocks an eyebrow, pulls the left side of his moustache outwards, then releases to let the moustache snap back into place as he listened to Rulao's spheil. "Feh! As if a kid like you would know anything about Souls! And that obnoxious twit G couldn't CYOG his way out of a paper bag! And the notion you would have to defeat him to win this tournament is laughable! Ha! Ho! Ha!"

He then jerks the Card Component up and out of Odelia's reach.

"Uh uh uh! I do believe that my contract only obligates me to perform my service to the winner of the tournament. Meaning NOT second place! I have a reputation to uphold you see!"

Evidently being a jerk is okay for his reputation.

"So. If you feel quite certain that you won't feel any regret that you didn't take this card on the day when everyone and everything that you ever cared about is torn apart by monsters or brigands or whatever, its really not my problem. I was paid in advance you see! kukukuku!"

The man grins widely. It seems like the card is non-transferable. This is Rulao's last chance to get the Holographic Card.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(( Man, this is actually a strong dilemma that has me torn! Love it. ))

Again Rulao's stopped in his tracks, there's an air of silence over the gymnasium. Sure, it was a small little competition with limited press, but these kids were still the future of CYOGTCG, to that end, many eyes were on them, upper classmen, other students, and individuals alike. The Mustachioed man's words only sought to dredge up and fan the flames of Rulao's heart. But. . .

His words struck deep, further beyond all the faux rage that the punk could muster. Beyond his pride and his stand-up morals. Should he decline this power. . ? And if he should, would the day come that he couldn't protect the ones he held deep within that passionate SOUL thanks to this one mistake? He did not thrash out like the boar he was in that moment. No, he was frozen in place. An image of his mother stricken by the shadowy beasts that feast on SOULS, then what he could recall of his mutton-chopped-pompadored father, vanishing from both the CYOGTCG scene and his family all at once. . .

With his head turned down to the ground, the punk's arm reached upward. With a strained hand he crushes the holographic sleeve, a burst of rainbow light radiating out from his fist as it is absorbed into his body. This power he'd earned by his sweat and tears, even more so, denying it now would all the same invalidate
the struggles of his fellow students who gave their all in this tournament, it'd cast aside all the respect he gained for Diance, for Bennie, for Odelia. . . If not for himself, then for the ones he loved. "Fine. . ."

He rasps.

"But. . ."

At once his head twists upward, messy strands of his pompador flipping back. Again he points at the man in black and cries havoc, "With this card. . . I challenge you, old man!"
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 08:30:18 pm by Unraveller »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Welp. GM was not prepared for this event. This'll delay the game a bit. Won't delay your holo card though. I'll send you a PM)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(( Feel free to have him decline for any number of reasons. I realize now that I'm keeping the other players from progressing and continuing the game if we spend more time on that. Up to you of course. ))

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I mean, considering everything that's happened so far, it feels like it'd be rejecting Rulao's character development for him to just take it and then they both leave uneventfully after this guy basically just stepped on both Rulao's morals and the pride of everyone in the school, his classmates he cares about included.

Hell, I'd be disappointed if something isn't done to spite this guy after all that.

Honestly I'm more surprised Supernerd didn't see this coming after all but deliberately stomping in Rulao's Hot Blooded Shounen button)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 08:51:25 pm by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

(I mean, considering everything that's happened so far, it feels like it'd be rejecting Rulao's character development for him to just take it and then they both leave uneventfully after this guy basically just stepped on both Rulao's morals and the pride of everyone in the school, his classmates he cares about included.

Hell, I'd be disappointed if something isn't done to spite this guy after all that.

Honestly I'm more surprised Supernerd didn't see this coming after all but deliberately stomping in Rulao's Hot Blooded Shounen button)

((But G3 isn't here, so who is that referring to?

Anyway I knew something dramatic would happen go for it.))

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48