Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 26131 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I suppose that I will observe. It's best that we leave in groups, and it appears my uncle is currently unfortunately waylaid."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Bennie and Rose begin a game! This will take place in Game Thread 2.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=178647.0
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

G finds Diance waiting for him at the school entrance.

"We need to talk." This conversation is already planned out in her head. The Goal, to finally knock some sense into his delusional head.

"Sorry. I'm physically unable to notice your affections until the season finally. Plus we're going into that big tournament ark tomorrow so I'm pretty sure nothing dramatic is going to happen between now and then."

"Yeah, real life doesn't work like that G. I just have a question and a request." Diance looks as serious as she can be.

"First, do you actually remember your losses, or are you truly that incapable?" Thinking. "Actually, do you even remember your dueling me? What do you recall of that?"

[Note that Diance is perfectly willing to follow you home and pester you till you engage with her. She can call her parents for a pick up later on.]

(... G really is just going to ignore her in his self-delusions, forcing her to follow him home and bug him. Heaven knows if I let him go off by himself he'd end up dead. Again. As a human being and magical girl, it's her duty to at least try and knock some sense into G, much as she dislikes him and would rather he have died instead.)

(If we go be anime conventions, that will result in two monsters forcing us into a tag duel, where we will lea... Haha, can't finish that.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

G3 exits the school door and proceeds to go "Home" (read: Monster hunting), presumably with his newest stalker following close behind.

"Of course real life works like that. Why else would you be so obviously trying to seduce me without me being able to notice? Why else would there be a legendary card for me to get at the end of a tournament? Why else would a theme song start up every day on my way to school? There is simply no other explanation. You will simply have to live with the fact that this is reality and this is how reality works."

G3 puts his arms behind his head.

"We dueled a coupla times I think. Naturally I won each time. You're probably in denial about it like many of my opponents are. Its OK for you to lose. There is no shame in failing to beat the unbeatable."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

((  INB4 Rulao dies to a monster and gets his soul sucked out in a playground. ))
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

G3 exits the school door and proceeds to go "Home" (read: Monster hunting), presumably with his newest stalker following close behind.

"Of course real life works like that. Why else would you be so obviously trying to seduce me without me being able to notice? Why else would there be a legendary card for me to get at the end of a tournament? Why else would a theme song start up every day on my way to school? There is simply no other explanation. You will simply have to live with the fact that this is reality and this is how reality works."

G3 puts his arms behind his head.

"We dueled a coupla times I think. Naturally I won each time. You're probably in denial about it like many of my opponents are. Its OK for you to lose. There is no shame in failing to beat the unbeatable."

"Unbeatable Ego more like." she mumbles. "If that's the case, I guess you can win the tournament with only your own cards and nothing from the Core Set huh? I was going to give you something to help out, but if you're that sure. Say, mind if I meat this gramps of yours?"

Diance takes out her phone and texts her parents she's going to be out a bit late, and she'll call when she needs a pickup.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"Well yeah. I never used the core set since I had enough cards to make my own deck. And I never lose so naturally I'll win."

He makes a confused face.

"And you already met G-PA at the hospital. Do you have some kind of memory problem?"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Supernerd, is this a case of me forgetting, or G-PA not existing?)

"You know, I think it's you with the memory problems. Though I admit, I could have missed him given everything. No matter, the tournament is likely going to be recorded after all, so I can actually show footage of you losing."

"Also, never losing doesn't mean you always win. A draw can also occur. Or isn't that what happened during your card games with G-PA?" Try logical fallacy, maybe that will get through their head.

(And I'm pretty sure he did use the Core at some point, given I was the only one to get talked too about too many copies of one card.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"I always win so naturally I never tie. And that footage thing is making me increasingly worried about your stalking. Are you the yandere girl?

Those where inconclusive. They where not wins, loses, or draws simply because they never finished."

G3 checks his phone to make sure he's going in the exact opposite direction of his house and nods.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I always win so naturally I never tie. And that footage thing is making me increasingly worried about your stalking. Are you the yandere girl?

Those where inconclusive. They where not wins, loses, or draws simply because they never finished."

G3 checks his phone to make sure he's going in the exact opposite direction of his house and nods.

"Right, why do you think I'm a stalker?" Not denying the yandere part, cause G definitely makes her want to murder something. "And important events are usually recorded and televised, it's a major part of CYOCGTCG revenue. The entire reason professionals can make a living doing it. Have you never seen The Magician duke it out with his many rivals? Watched a battle royal to completion? And do you even know of the tech behind the scenes, which help bring cards to life on the field?" That was a very specific person, sure The Magician is retired, and has been for a while, so why would she know them?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

(G-PA is real, but Diance was not properly introduced to him.)

G3 and Diance walk for no less than 20 minutes... And nothing interesting happens to them!
Really G3? Really?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"Because you...are...stalking me? And as for the rest I'm pretty sure the only technology we need is imagin-"

G3 suddenly breaks into a sprint, running through a random back ally and jumping over things that he could have just gone around!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

.... "Not only does he insult my brother by proxy, he also just takes off running. When we're supposed to be in groups.. Right, he's hopeless." Diance sighs, beofre looking around for a place to stay and calling her parents because the person she was with ditched her. Should probably also tell them of the tourney, though her brother likely already knows about it. Hopefuly he can get the tapes, cause at this point she's planning on cutting together a mixtape of G losing, and playing it whenever he acts up.

Should also see about denying him the use of my card. This guy is not a friend.

(I wonder if there is a cafe around. Maybe find someone to play with, even if they likely outclass me.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 08:01:38 pm by TricMagic »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Finally haven shaken off his stalker, G3 gives a sigh of relief and heads home. Apparently the next big fight is going to be at the tournament if the monsters arn't going to do their jobs and attack him.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Karma, they name is D.)
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48