Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 26080 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

*Card Name: Toxic Fruit
*Card Pictures:
*Background Colors: Purple
Custom Frames:
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Card Stat:
Higher Token Stat:
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-2): 1
Effect Text (One word max): decrease
Flavor Text:
Keywords (Quickplay, Agile, Flying):
Card Synergy (Owned Card) or Counter (Known Card): Waifu Upper

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's at least one reason why I won't be making it so that zero heart cards cannot gain hearts, but I will be adjusting the Bask in Moonlight Starlight card.

I noticed that the game difficulty is a bit higher than it ought to be. I'm going to do a bit of a thing soon to shift the balance just a little bit against NPC players.

Honestly the difficulty isn't the worst. If we could just steamroll everyone we'd be living in G3's world. shudder
Challenge is to be overcome with clever thinking and cards made that work well together.

*Card Name: Pretty Cure Mint Protection
*Card Pictures:
*Background Colors: Green
Custom Frames:
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Card Stat:
Higher Token Stat:
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-2): 1
Effect Text (One word max):
Flavor Text:
Keywords (Quickplay, Agile, Flying): Quickplay
Counter (Known Card): Crusade

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 09:03:26 am by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Day 5 - Special Announcement!

Before you find yourself free to leave, Principal Cyoggy Pete storms in to give you an announcement! "The school's new semester tournament will be held this weekend! This tournament is split between freshman, sophomores and seniors" (Apparently sophomore and senior are two different variants of senpai). "The winner of each division will get the rare opportunity to create a... Wait for it..."

Cyoggy Pete loudly clears his throat...
"Holographic Card!"

"Phew. Anyway, a holographic card can transcend several of the normal limitations of card. Usually only CYOGTCG University survivors are able to handle the creation of such a magnanimous prize so I encourage you all to sign up for this weekend's tournament! The entry fee is already covered as part of your tuition."

"And if you are concerned that you might be a bit behind the other classmates... Come see me in my office. I think I can help you close that gap a bit."
Cyoggy Pete gives a pointed glare towards G3, instead of one of the new students.

You notice that Jack seems to be too proud to go head to Cyoggy Pete's office. Azazel refuses to accept that he is any lesser than Jack and also chooses not to go. Brisk appears to be extremely nervous for some reason, and Willow... Appears to have snuck out as soon as the bell rang!

>_
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Many would avoid the opportunity to catch up when they're behind out of simple 'pride' or something of the sort. History would teach those people one important thing though. Choosing pride over success is stupid. Herself being roughly a day of card creation behind, Odelia takes her own advice and makes her way to the principal's office.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a good chance to make that card I couldn't before. I'll need something to turn the tide though. Hmm?

Many would avoid the opportunity to catch up when they're behind out of simple 'pride' or something of the sort. History would teach those people one important thing though. Choosing pride over success is stupid. Herself being roughly a day of card creation behind, Odelia takes her own advice and makes her way to the principal's office.

Diance follows behind Odelia. Guess she had the same idea.

.... Diance also goes to drag G off behind her. Knowing him he'll run into another monster instead of doing the sensible thing. "Come on G, go see the principle with us. After that I have something to talk to you about." She doesn't like him, but she also doesn't want someone to die to a monster attack, and he's probobly capable of using that card to at least last long enough for his gramps to rescue him. She still is going to make sure he learns his lesson though about facts and learning from your mistakes..
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 04:18:48 pm by TricMagic »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

"A tournament? Hell yeah!" The punk raises a fist at the sudden announcement. He'd only been a student of CYOGTCG proper for a couple days, and though his duels haven't been the worst blowouts, he can't help but feel like he's falling behind, like he's not giving the creation of a deck his complete spirited devotion. There's a connection there, to his many crustaceans and the calming sea. . . But has he truly grasped the meaning of his theme? Like his father had with those wild and free Sea Monsters. . .

As Rulao stands, he clenches his fist, watching as Odelia, Diance, and G3 by proxy shuffle after Cyoggy Pete. They were just going to take the hand-out were they? What good was a tournament if they weren't gonna rely solely on their power? Without even knowing exactly what the principal was offering, Rulao couldn't help but build a seething resentment within for the idea, it wasn't like sharing a new card or getting a little extra study in, at least that's the way it seemed to his ape-brain.

Sure, maybe it was just dumb pride, and was going to cost him. But the guy was determined to stick by his own principles.

He stands to leave, passing by Rose on the way, "Yo. . ." He spoke quietly, "You heading on in too? Ya started late like me right?"
I've lost control of my life.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

G3 knew that look well from his Otherworld Master. A look of pure pride. Pure pride mixed with a hint of jealousy at G3's incredibly skills, power, and development. A hint of jealously so intense that it almost overpowers the burning and intense pride. Its only natural everyone would want to be G3's teacher. Its the most meaningful action anyone who isn't G3 could possible take. Their one chance to truly make a difference in the world - adding a tiny drop of power to G3's already near-infinite supply. Truly teachers would fight over the chance to earn a small place in G3's life.

So G3 responds with a wink. He is a generous protagonist.

After signing up for the tournament and he kicks his way into the principles office. He goes along with slight confusion that everyone seems to think this is for them. Except Diance for some reason.

"You said you wanted to do a training ark right?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

stay calm Diance... I'll get to beating some sense into his head in a moment. To Note, Diance is here to see what the Principal is offering. G is just being G again. The hit to the head did him no favors.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

“Yeah, the principal mentioned closing the gap, which presumably means a chance to create cards, is there a reason you’re not coming?”

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

Rulao ponders for a monent, or at least does something that vaguely resembles ponderance in that thick skull of his. Finally, the pompadoured punk seems to relax, he braces both arms behind his head as he passes Rose. "I wanna rely on my SOUL to get me through this, through anything." He says resoundingly.

The kid heads to leave the school building, though by this point the other freshmen have either left together or stayed behind for Pete's offer. "See ya. . ." He rasps, moving through the door.
I've lost control of my life.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

“Personally this should be an opportunity for the new-new students and not the people who were here day uno, even then prides going to kill you since losing to monsters in fights mean you die so why would you not?, there’s a difference between making a stand and belligerence.”

Bennie lurks behind the others with an agitated expression that this advantage should be more limited, to go to the Principle Office, as well as signing himself for the weekend tournament.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Odelia, Diance, G3, Rose and Bennie head to the Principal's office...
Mysteriously, despite heading there at around the same time they each find themselves talking to Cyoggy Pete alone.....

You enter Cyoggy Pete's office. Cyoggy Pete explains that not all students are playing at the same level and that he wants to nudge things in the right direction before the tournament. He also mentions that now would be a good time for you to sign up if you haven't already.

(View the PM sent to you)

---

Rulao heads to the exit... It dawns on him that maybe he forgot to sign up for the tournament that he got excited about. And wasn't he also planning some manner of altercation with G3 after school?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

“Rulau, it’s not safe to go alone. I don’t want you to get hurt. I’ll go with you”

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Edit: Fine
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 08:52:48 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did it by PM because I was sort of hoping that nobody would talk about those in this thread.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48