Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 26122 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought Bennie, Odelia and I are going home together, Odelia observed our duel zi thought
(I mean that because previously when, enough new players were introduced, one of the NPCs, Selene, was killed off)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Fun Fact: Selene was never an NPC. Funny story about that. Maybe I'll tell you one day.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The freshman tournament order has been determined!

On Saturday, you find yourself in the school gymnasium, where there are a few of those extra big CYOGTCG tables set up, and maybe a bit over a hundred people or so watching you. While its not exactly a major televised event, there's still enough people equipped with video cameras that you can probably get footage of important events.

Without further ado, here is the actual tournament brackets!

Round 1!

Azazel VS G3 in Game Thread 1!

Jack Jackson VS Odelia De Clare in Game Thread 2!

Bennie Factor VS Rose in Game Thread 3!

Rulao VS Diance in Game Thread 4!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Gonna be honest guys, I'm only 4 turns in, but uh... yeah this might not end well for me)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(( Never give up! There's nothing on either field. ))
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Compare to our match, where I did not get a strong start. Given I'm at 3, now 4 hearts. And he's above 20.)

(Then again, Smite. If you don't have an answer to that you're have a bad time. Not to mention Crusade.)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 04:50:52 pm by TricMagic »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(you don't understand the hand I'm dealing with. There's "I didn't get a strong start", and then there's "I basically didn't get a start". I'm having to play cards as I draw them because that's my only option.)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 05:23:51 pm by Failbird105 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(( That definitely can be an issue. I'm trying to keep Rulao's deck as consistent as possibly with all it's potential draw power. But even then, nothing aside from card count and probability could keep me from getting a full hand of star cards. There's a reason I've put eight Cosmic Isopods in there no doubt. ))

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(my decks current core weakness is that my non-Core star gen option requires a card to survive on the board until my next turn. Tarrasque was one of my few hopes of such a thing being possible, and now it seems like since the last match that I already lost his deck has been designed to counter mine even further.)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(( Jack just has sooo much removal that it's hard to get anything set up against him. The best strategy is probably to attempt baiting it out of his hand with less important cards. But that's not always possible of course. ))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I made mint protection to counter that sort of play. Getting all my facedowns wiped is not fun. If I went first in my duel I could have played Path immediately. Even if it would result in a lot of powerful cards going to him.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay yeah, its a pretty bad matchup.
Jack's playstyle turned out a bit more aggressive than I initially intended it to be...

I'll have to figure out what to do if Azazel ends up playing against Jack. I've got half a mind to let the players control them for that match. The other half of my mind says its bad enough that Stirk has control of G3 and that I really shouldn't.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Might want to grab a sub gm who wouldn't mind playing out the match with you. Or some of the ones who lost. I'd play Azazel. I don't really want Jack to win after all.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(Yeah, screw Jack. He's a dick!  :P  )

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Yeah "all in on removal" is a strategy that's real hard to play against. There's no real strategy to counter "remove enemy cards from the board as fast as they can play them if not faster".)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48