Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 25972 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Day 4 - Lunch (And playing CYOGTCG)

Lunchtime has arrived, which obviously means its time to go play CYOGTCG!
It appears that all of your classmates (Aside from the ones who were killed or maimed) are available to challenge today.

As you enter the cafeteria, you notice that a battle just ended between two of your senpais. "No. . . NO, Not the bees, not the bees!". It appears that the victor of that battle is a girl with a Beehive hairstyle.

Odelia gets a phone call from her father! He has De Clare'd that he will not be able to drive her home today. Apparantly uncle Steve got in some kind of legal issue and he needs to hire a lawyer.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Diance goes to eat lunch, and chat with her fellow classmates.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

"Gee, wonder who that punk was who just got beaten by a bunch'a bugs." Rulao muses aloud as he's herded into the cafeteria along with the rest of the freshman class. He shrugs, twisting a seat around to sit backwards at the lunch tables, inviting Rose, Odelia, and Diance to join him with a small gesture, wanting to keep up the rapport. Wasn't long after that, the thuggish guy produced a brown paper bag, unloading the greasy lukewarm cheeseburger his mother prepared for him earlier. "So. . ." He says aloud, "How the hell'm sposed to make cards worth a damm anyway?"
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Perhaps this would be a time to compare?"
Diance show a card.

"This card is the result of stacking too many conditions onto a picture. I'd need to ask a teacher if I can pick the same effect multiple times, but it's not as useful as my other cards."

"This one is interesting since it goes with a searcher. One thing to take note of is the name you give your cards, and the image in your mind when creating them. I believe custom backgrounds may also play a part."

"Honestly your core card shuts down Fallen Paladin, so maybe put together a deck and take Jack down a peg?"

Diance smiles a bit mischievously, though it should be noted she avoided showing her two new aces.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

“I have something that might be helpful against monsters”
Rose shows her newest card

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

“I have something that might be helpful against monsters”
Rose shows her newest card

"I'll take a guess and say you have a lot of Friendship Precure cards in your deck."

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

The punk idly gazed on as Rose and Diance showed off a few of their cards. On some subconscious level, the guy was moved by their readiness to show them some piece of their SOULs to him, kind of endearing really. Not that Rulao would make any kind of overtures to that thought.

Instead, leaning back just a bit his voice rasped, "I gotta up my damn game, otherwise, hell guess I'll just beat monsters to a pulp until I can get cards to beat 'em." He laughed, though it betrayed a certain uneasiness, unsure of what would come. His first day at school peaked his interest and toked his ambitions if nothing else.

"Who the hell's Jack anyhow? Maybe I'll whip his ass strut my stuff." He added, eyeing Diance.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A boy with a Bowl Cut interjects. He says "I'm Jack. Shall I take that as a challenge?"
Its not too late to apologize, but based on what I know of Rulao's personality so far it looks like its going to be game on!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

A beady eye wanders the bowl-cutted guy's way. "Hold on dweeb." He growls. Scratching the back of his head, Rulao's grimmace twists into a smile as he jeers, "I still gotta put together a deck." He let's out a laugh.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jack narrows his eyes, and steps away for a while so that Rulao can put his deck together. He returns after a while once Rulao was finished.

Rulao and Jack begin a battle! This takes place in Game Thread 1!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=178646.100

Tip: You don't necessarily have to battle someone every lunch period. Its okay to cheer someone else on too, or heckle them if that's more your thing.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

“Hey, Diance, do you want to battle?”

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Not right now. Hopefully we'll have Gym tomorrow instead of another assembly. Go Rulao!"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Not right now. Hopefully we'll have Gym tomorrow instead of another assembly. Go Rulao!"
Stupid overconfident... Boy!

"I guess I'll take that battle."

(Diance takes out a deck and starts editing it in prep. Looking, you can see 2 star cards being added, though you can't read what they are from over there.)

Diance has accepted Rosa's challenge. They switch tables to get away from the current duel.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 10:24:29 am by TricMagic »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

His beady eyes bear a hint of confusion in them as Diance turns away from his duel, seemingly annoyed? He can't help but murmur, "Jeez, lighten up." While simultaneously feeling like he did something wrong, even so, the words 'I'm sorry' wouldn't feel right to say.

He finally settles on a shrug, while gazing back to Jack with a look that says, 'What's her problem anyway?' Though the moment remains in the back of his head for the rest of the day.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stupid overconfident... Boy!

"I guess I'll take that battle."

(Diance takes out a deck and starts editing it in prep. Looking, you can see 2 star cards being added, though you can't read what they are from over there.)

Diance has accepted Rosa's challenge. They switch tables to get away from the current duel.
((To Supernerd: Is it correct to assume our duel will be in thread 2?))
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48