Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 25986 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Tanks. I’ll replace the other images with it

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Of course the 'prophecy child' tries to get himself Isekai'd" Odelia mumbles under her breath.

The image of a mere lobster there appears and the pompadoured dude is. . . Disappointed. Standing there in front of the class, all he can do is muster a deeper grimace. "This's sposed to be monsterous?" He questions himself, "The hell? My soul's way badder than that!" Feeling eyes upon him, Rulao finally sucks at his teeth and accepts his fate, joining his new class at last with a burden that slows his foot falls.

"Don't feel too bad, it is the unfortunate fate of starter cards to be less than impressive. Sometimes it falls short in looks, other times in effect. And besides, that just means you get to have your best cards all to yourself."

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

Rulao had nearly receeded within himself, a dark rain cloud over the underwhelming nature of his Mossen Crushclaw. 'How the hell's this sposed to reflect my damn soul. . ?' He'd ask himself, milling about alone amid the gathering of students. 'I ain't gonna find his ass like this. . .' The thought was put away as a voice brought him back to reality. The thug looked Odelia and her massive drill buns over with an utterly incredulous look, something about the way she carried herself just ticced the guy off. Even despite her kind gesture. "Ehh?" He wheezed, "What's yer starter then, huh toots?"
I've lost control of my life.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

“No need to get mad, Rulau. I know you didn’t ask me yet, but since all starters join the Core, might as well share, my starter is Thorny Vine. Also I like your Mosses Crushclaw. Very colorful.”

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Two cards are added to the Core set!
Spoiler: Core set additions (click to show/hide)

A couple of your classmates also have something to say.

Azazel seems amused while Jack Jackson chastises Diance. "What's wrong with you? Regardless of your opinions of him getting hit by a truck is no joking matter!"

Principal Cyoggy Pete attempts to reassure Rose Vera. "I assure you, the monster attack did not take place on school property, and if anyone hits a student with a truck on school grounds I'll sue their pants off! My cousin is a tailor you see~"

Day 4 - CYOGTCG Math

It seems that today is the day. The day that you are taught the necessary knowledge to create a card with a Star cost of 2! While it may make sense to put one or two cards with a cost of 1 in your deck without any setup for when you go second, cards with a cost of two or more absolutely require some means of obtaining Stars on your own.

You now have the opportunity to make a card! (Except if you are G3, in which case you just wake up at the hospital)
If you don't understand a field, you can leave it blank. Only fields with an asterisk are mandatory.

*Card Name:
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color:
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Stat (If applicable):
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-2):
Flavor Text:
Keywords (Quickplay, Agile):
Card Synergy (Owned Card):
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Unravellerlink=topic=178618.msg8294737#msg8294737 date=1625967740
Rulao had nearly receeded within himself, a dark rain cloud over the underwhelming nature of his Mossen Crushclaw. 'How the hell's this sposed to reflect my damn soul. . ?' He'd ask himself, milling about alone amid the gathering of students. 'I ain't gonna find his ass like this. . .' The thought was put away as a voice brought him back to reality. The thug looked Odelia and her massive drill buns over with an utterly incredulous look, something about the way she carried herself just ticced the guy off. Even despite her kind gesture. "Ehh?" He wheezed, "What's yer starter then, huh toots?"
"Well since you asked," Odelia said with an air that suggested she would have shown it off regardless, "My card is Gandr"

"The effect may be good, but unfortunately, the art completely misses the point. Gandr is a rune, a RUNE! Not just some magic word to shout and cast a spell! Do you see any runes in this image, hmm!?"

Odelia rants, definitely about her card and not about the historical inaccuracies in her favorite anime.
“No need to get mad, Rulau. I know you didn’t ask me yet, but since all starters join the Core, might as well share, my starter is Thorny Vine. Also I like your Mosses Crushclaw. Very colorful.”

"Oh yes certainly, the marbled green and crimson gives it a palette like a jewel, and oh goodness just thinking about it makes me hungry, I'll have to ask father about having lobster when I get home, it has been so long."

"On that topic, did you know that lobster was once served as prison food? They thought it to be like cockroaches of the sea. Lobster! For prisoners! ohohohoho!" Odelia laughs deeply, hand to her mouth.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 11:04:59 am by Failbird105 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honoka-san, time to shine!

*Card Name: PreCure: Cure White
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color: Light Blue
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Stat (If applicable): HP
Facedown (Y/N): No
Stars (0-2): 2
Flavor Text: Emissary of Light, I'm Cure White!
Card Synergy (Owned Card): PreCure: Yukishiro Honoka

"Honestly Jackson, he was asking for something to happen. I'm a lot sadder about Willow than him..."

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

The thug reclined in his seat, only about half paying attention to the lesson, and half paying attention to Odelia, who somehow managed to continue blathering on into the start of class. His mind was enraptured by the drill-haired noblewoman, not particularly out of some lovestruck nonsense, but more along the lines of 'Who the hell is this nutty broad?' Though, he didn't utter those words aloud.

To be fair, both her and that other new chick, the flower girl, were both strangely nice to him. Guess they couldn't resist the rugged charm after all. . . "Mister Baohan!" The punk nearly falls out of his seat as he's dragged again back to reality by the math teacher's voice. "Would you please care to demonstrate to the class today's card creation lesson?"

"Uh. . . Yeah, sure, no sweat." Rulao shrugs, focusing again on the SOULFUL power of crustaceans.

*Card Name: Mesmer Mantis
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color: Reddish Orange
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-2): 0
Flavor Text:

Again, the disappointment upon Rulao's face is immeasurable, and this time, so is the math teacher's. Having demonstrated no understanding of the lesson, nor the monstrous aspect of his theme, Rulao slumps back into his chair. Defeated.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 11:23:01 am by Unraveller »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

G3 is currently training with the Card Sage of the Otherworld to defeat the CYOGTCG Demon Lord and return peace to the kingdom! For some reason this training involves things completely unrelated to card games like waxing the Sage's car, cutting boulders in half with a katana, and guessing what number the Sage was thinking. News would eventually reach them that some goth chick already handled the demon lord during this training ark, much to G3's disappointment.

In other words he's lying in the hospital bed having probably non-canon filler dreams.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(For the record, she definitely thinks she's better than Rulao, and most other people, she just doesn't act like it because she's "better than that". Meanwhile, I had a card planned but... with what has happened now I think I want to do something different. G3 getting hit by a truck and living is one thing, a death in the class? Not so much.)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(( Oh I have no doubt that Odelia is keeping her superiority complex under wraps, and just as much I doubt she'll ever think well of Rulao. Much like G3. Haha. ))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Found an app specifically for resizing
*Card Name: Efficient Leaves
*Card Picture: Ignorw the white and black bars to the bottom and left, they were sections I tried to crop away, I took a screenshot of the app I used and cropped the image so it should be fairly close to correct minus the white and black bars
Token Picture:
*Background Color: Green
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Stat (If applicable): Hearts
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-2): 0
Flavor Text:Sunlight is collected every day
((Am hoping this card generates stars))

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Odelia had long planned exactly what card she had first wanted to make upon getting access to a second star but... it didn't matter how much she tried, she couldn't get the thought out of her mind. A girl, Selene from her own class, who she had never gotten the chance to even interact with, was dead. In part Odelia wishes she knew more about her girl but... well, Selene's deck theme was zombies, so she would just have to honor the dead the best way she could.

... The irony of the sentiment of the card compared to its contents sent a short humored breath through her nose.

*Card Name: Divine Spirit: Nzambi
*Card Picture:

Token Picture:
*Background Color: Grey
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Stat (If applicable): Attack
Facedown (Y/N): N
Flavor Text: The name zombie is very old, and far removed from its roots, but modern culture easily pollutes history.

(and here we see some more of Odelia's internal characterization come forth. Also, voila! Not official art this time but rather fan art!)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 10:21:16 pm by Failbird105 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Day 4 - CYOGTCG Art

Today in art class you learn about Custom Frames!

It is actually possible to decorate a card's background on your own, which can be done with the below template. Note that very dark colors are not permitted, no text or numbers should be added to the frame, the box for the image, attack, hearts and stars should remain untouched and the frame itself cannot be 'misleading'. A custom frame will override the Background Color, but the background color field remains mandatory and the background color will be used if for some reason the frame is not accepted.

*Card Name:
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color:
Custom Frame:
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-2):
Flavor Text:
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Card Name: PreCure: Cure Black
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color: Dark Blue
Custom Frame:
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Stat (If applicable): ATK
Facedown (Y/N): No
Flavor Text: Emissary of Light, I'm Cure Black!
Card Synergy (Owned Card): PreCure: Misumi Nagisa
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48