Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 25978 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

*Card Name: Parasitic Plant
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color: Green
Custom Frame:
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Stat (If applicable): Attack
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-2): 2
Flavor Text: Some plants feed on others to get what they need
Keywords (Quickplay, Agile):
Card Synergy (Owned Card): Efficient Leaves

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would suggest using Lunapic's Rescaling option, under edits. Just make sure to save the image elsewhere afterward.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

"Custom frame?" Rulao's raspy voice wheezes on through the class. "The hell's the point of that?" He jeers aloud, heckling the art teacher on his first day there. Or, perhaps it was just his utterly thorny way of asking a genuine question. Regardless, he brought both arms behind his head and began to form something of a focus, attempting to consider all the possibilities that art could truly bring to the table of CYOGTCG. . .

It of course wasn't before long that his head was little more than a tea kettle blowing off steam. The last card he manifested. . . It was slightly more monsterous? Or so he thought at least. 'Fine, I'll just think the same way.' with a crack of the knobby knuckles, he slammed a fist on the top of his desk.

*Card Name: Cosmic Isopod
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color: Reddish Orange
Custom Frame:
Attack (0-2): 0
Hearts (0-3): 1
Higher Stat (If applicable):
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-2):
Flavor Text:
Keywords (Quickplay, Agile): Quickplay
Card Synergy (Owned Card):

The thig's brow twitched, gazing down at the skittering little coloful critter emblazoned on his new card. Rulao sighs, and glances around the room, most of the other students mostly enthused by their creations. Maybe he was just being a grump? Even so, in the lull as classmate's began to consider and strategize with their newfound power, Rulao spoke aloud, and bluntly so, "So, what happened with the kid who died anyway?" He asked, no hint of malice in his voice.
I've lost control of my life.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

“My guess is probably a monster attack…I’ve heard stories of people getting attacked by monsters while out alone”

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I was the one who got attacked 2 days ago. Apparently some of them use these black cards, illegal. And dark. I destroyed the one it dropped." One can't help but see the medicinal bandages still on the girl's arm.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

“I’m glad you survived. Was it an illegal card that caused the damage?
((Supernerd, Should I work on my deck now? I’l, send you the cards by the names and numbers of said cards))
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 06:24:56 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"It happened to cause a huge fire from my deck. I took 7 damage from a 1 star card. The hing dealt it based on how much of a card I had in my deck, and I had played three of them beforehand. If I had been running my first deck, that card alone could have killed me."

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

Rulao was scratching his chin, he'd twisted his body around in his chair, clearly irrelevant of the art lesson in the background. "So what's some gnarly monster want with ya? Or us I guess?" He considered it for a moment, focusing on what he could remember about his father, and the game in general. "Why ain't I ever heard of monsters before either, huh?"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The big cities don't actually get many dangerous ones, and CYOCGTCGP likely handle any that do come. And well, they seem drawn to Players in the first place, most likely to do woith our SOULs which allow us to create cards from our heart in the first place. I'm just worried monsters with even a low-ranked black card are showing up these days."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To Diance “That sounds dangerous. I hope monsters don’t start targeting groups. Maybe all of us should stay in a group to minimize our chances of getting targeted, or maybe if we start traveling in a large group they might start attacking in groups as well…how did you end up beating it? It didn’t call for others did it? There are some plants that when attacked, will make pheromones that attract wasps to parasitism the caterpillars.”

To Rulau “Since they attack those who are alone, maybe they’re predators? As for why we’re hearing about them now, no idea, we should probably stay in a group when leaving school to avoid attacks, and hopefully monsters don’t start hunting in groups”

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

"Huh. . ." The punk blew a stray strand of his messy pomp out of those beady eyes of his, listening on to the girls."Dangerous?" He hummed, nearly finding his bravado overtake him to the effect of 'I ain't afraid of no monsters.' Though, he managed to keep his mouth shut, figuring that was probably the same line of reasoning that got that Selena girl killed, and he wasn't one to disrespect the dead. Instead Rulao leaned back once more, running a thumb across his cheek as he spoke, "Well, guess if it means protecting you chicks, I don't mind the company. Ya dig?" Despite the clear fact that it would no doubt be Rulao most in need of protection.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Sorry, to parlance G, long may he rest in peace, I'm not looking for boy troubles till season two."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Card Name: Heroic Spirit: Serenity Hassan
*Card Picture:

Token Picture:
*Background Color: Grey
Custom Frame:

(transparent bits are filled in with the background color)
Attack (0-2): 1
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Stat (If applicable): Health
Facedown (Y/N): Y
Stars (0-2): 2
Flavor Text: "By your will, I will become the worlds greatest poison. But you, you alone I will not kill."
Keywords (Quickplay, Agile):
Card Synergy (Owned Card):

"The monster situation is quite the intriguing question truth be told." Odelia begins explaining, to none of the trio in particular. "In not too distant history the closest thing to 'monster' encounters was the occasional supposed Cryptid sighting. Now they are an accepted facet of life."

"In fact, the first proven monster sighting came shortly after the widespread adoption of CYOGTCG in cultures around the world." Odelia's dialogue continues, now turning toward a self-directed monologue.
"While this is only speculation, it is logical to assume they are related, perhaps whatever strange power allows CYOGTCG to function as it does drew them out somehow? Could that also be related to why supposed monster sightings drastically plummeted after the end of the age of magic and mystery? But then if that's the case-"

Oh yeah, she's gonna be going on like this for a while.

(It wasn't intended, but now "thinks out loud and monologues for ages" is officially a character trait of Odelia)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 01:34:04 pm by Failbird105 »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(whoops, didn't mean to post again)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Meanwhile in the Otherworld G3 realizes that putting wax on and wax off a car was actually an art lesson! This is exactly like making card background art! Cutting a boulder with a katana is exactly like making two star cards!

Thus when G3 comes back and knows how to do these things without going to class these adventures will be totally canon.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48