Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131322 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Seclusion
« Reply #375 on: June 27, 2021, 12:43:24 am »

((Hi! It's been a while, but I'm back! :P I had a lot of major life changes going on and ended up letting everything Bay12 drop off for a long time, but I'm in a much better place now than I've been in years, and finally settled into my situation, so I thought I'd see about getting back into things.))
I am very glad to hear all of that! Welcome back! I would like to hear more about it sometime if you want to share.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #376 on: June 27, 2021, 12:59:06 pm »

say hi to whoever said hi, go get my stuff, get a bunch of glass cups from the drink ring, throw them on the floor, make them form a cloud around me, jump through the portal, and grab a longsword from the wall.

"hi dude, u hungry?"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
also @piecewise, if we have our character study something combat related like fencing, wrestling, or anatomy, do we get bonuses to rolls?  and finally, i may not be on very often because we will be in florida for the next ten days.
Your spoiler tag is kinda messed up. I fixed it in this post, but make sure its not broken in the future otherwise it can really screw with the forum's formatting. Also, no, this is pure RTD. Thats why fate points exist: If you have something you REALLY want to work out well, you can spend fate points to make sure it turns out ok.

[5]
You say hi and then head into the mess hall area. You smash about a dozen glasses and then command the shards to rise up and form a cloud around you. They do so , orbiting around your body about a foot from the skin.  From there you head straight to the portal and, we'll assume, find your way upstairs.  You grab one of the swords from the shelves upon arriving.

"It's a good thing you're so stupid, Speaker. You saved my life. Thanks, I guess.

BOOOOOOOOB! I could use a belt here! Maybe one for Speaker too, I guess!"

Spend my newest fate point on swinging back to the balcony. Also attempt to get the frog's attention and assistance. Mostly via shouting, probably.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
”Damn! I didn't think he'd go and do something like that!"

Grey keeps maintaining The Speaker and grabs an axe, offering it to Genesis to grab onto, and does what he can to get them back over the railing.
Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
[2]
Grey grabs an ax and runs to the balcony.

"Here Genesis, grab this!" He shouts, swinging the ax around for Genesis to grab and immediately losing his grip on it. The ax goes sailing over the railing and tumbles off into the vast desert below.

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Hey float guy!  Come back!

Is there a rope or anything to throw to them?
[2]
Drip looks for a rope.

Drip fails to find a rope.

Thats about it.

"Of course you could use a belt. Everyone could use a belt. You are lucky I have one to spare and am feeling generous. But I only have one to share, so you two must as well."

Bob takes off his Adipose Belt and controls it with his magic to try to wrap around anyone in danger of falling off the tower and pull them back to the deck. Preferably together, but one is better than none.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)

[3]
Genesis is in the middle of attempting to climb up Speaker's leg when the adipose belt slaps into his face like a wet towel.  It coils up there and then falls limply onto his shoulder. Helpful.

[2,4]

With little to no help from anyone else Genesis manages to clamber up onto Speaker's shoulders and leap back to the balcony.  He lands stomach first on the railing but manages to flop  over and onto safe ground, completely winded.

"You all...suck..."

He tosses the adipose belt back into bob's face.

Btw, is Genesis going to reply?
((he's a bit busy trying not to die, so no.))

He can’t hear me.  I must really be a ghost!

The Speaker tries to break free from Genesis, the belt and the Maintain spell, and fly freely up into the sky.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
(Damage has no cap. I might roll d100 if you fall.)
[3]
You squirm in mid air but don't not fall and cannot escape this...maintainment.

"I am a corpse, lemme go! I must fly! All corpses must fly!"

"This is starting to make less sense by the moment" One of your kidneys mutters.

Shrug "Statue must be busy, better let it rest." ignoring the words the statue began to say I stand up and look at the wall "Well hello there good wall! How are you today?" I good naturedly ask it.

Try to befriend the wall.
"Meh, same old same old. Hold up the ceiling, you know how it is. I think I'm gonna get a vacation in a couple centuries though. Let everything fall down. Should be nice."

"I got the letter to say what's written on it, it's something about someone wanting this guy to make some warriors to fight in his home land where ever that is, do we think one of those warrior things is what killed him?"
Tell people that care what the letter says, then see how Elizabeth's doing after finding out the wizard is dead.
Debby recounts the contents of the letter to everyone nearby  while Elizabeth cries and hides her face against Debby's chest.

Spoiler: Tess (click to show/hide)
Character Application
A new kind of Homunculus and everything! Welcome aboard. You plop out of the cauldron back in the cavern, right next to the guy talking to a wall. Literally talking to a wall.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 27, 2021, 01:06:05 pm »

Try to steal magic artifacts from the mages room

“Theres got to be some cool magical tidbit around here, this room belonged to a mage!”
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 27, 2021, 01:11:29 pm »

"Grey, save him if you want, but ... no one would blame you if he were to fall.

SPEAKER! You are alive ... for the moment. Don't make me regret telling you that.

Everyone. If any of you take something from this place without permission from the owners of this place, I'll kill you.

Debby, thank you for that information. Would you mind asking the figurehead about the scratches on her and what she saw?"

Head pat Elizabeth with a small 'ack ack' of sympathy, then go and sit with the frogs and converse.

"I am sorry. He was gone before we arrived. I think we have discovered who is responsible, but we'll need to ask some questions. I'd like to meet with you and the other building leaders. The Mole and the ... bird guy I guess."

After this, if I get any kind of direction on meeting with the animated leaders, go to the meeting.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 27, 2021, 05:27:35 pm »

I take a moment to look around and orient myself, seeing what appears to be around me, and reading the large plaques. afterwards I collect the starting robe, gloves, and needle, and wear the clothing. And then proceed to walk around the area and learn what the layout of the place is like. Once I've familiarized myself, I go ahead and head to the teleporter room and see if I'm needed on-task

Spoiler: Tess (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 05:29:08 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 27, 2021, 05:47:33 pm »

<snip>

"This is starting to make less sense by the moment" One of your kidneys mutters.

<snip>

Wait!  What?!!

"…SPEAKER! You are alive ... for the moment. Don't make me regret telling you that.

…"

I’m alive?”, The Speaker says as he looks down at the ground below.  “Oh shit. OH SHIT. OH SHIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!  Somebody help me!  Please help me!!!!!!! HELLLLLLLP!!!!!!”, The Speaker yells to anyone and anything that has an ear (or metaphorical ear) to hear.

If anyone helps me, comply with any instructions they give, spending 1 fate point on doing so.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

((Btw, how come Horizon/Sunny D crawled out of the cauldron wearing a leotard, when the rest of us had to crawl out with nothing but our birthday suits?))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Home sweet home
« Reply #381 on: June 27, 2021, 06:28:15 pm »

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Drip shrieks that everyone should give him their robes!

Tie robes together (or if they're like a bathrobe, the sash (or both if necessary)) and make a roberope.  Toss it to Floaty McFloataway.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 27, 2021, 07:07:04 pm »

((Btw, how come Horizon/Sunny D crawled out of the cauldron wearing a leotard, when the rest of us had to crawl out with nothing but our birthday suits?))
((Obviously it's because they ARE the leotard! THE LEOTARD IS THEIR TRUE FORM!! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!?!?!!?!))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 27, 2021, 07:22:33 pm »

((Obviously it's because they ARE the leotard! THE LEOTARD IS THEIR TRUE FORM!! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!?!?!!?!))

((Yes, but the question is where does the leotard begin and where does the man end?))

"I can imagine it will be spectacular, oh it seems a new friend has appeared excuse me for now." noticing a new potential friend has crawled from the goo I promptly walk over to commence operation friendship "Hello fellow being, let us cavort together in the name of friendship!" I extend a hand "Now that we are definitely friends let us make a secret handshake as is customary!"
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 27, 2021, 07:27:06 pm »

"huh? it.... it is? we are? what?"

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 27, 2021, 07:32:50 pm »

"huh? it.... it is? we are? what?"

"I can see your confused or possibly your confusion is confused?" shrugs still holding hand out "Either way I'd like to be your official friend!"
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 27, 2021, 07:45:11 pm »

"Um.... okay."
I look blankly at the hand.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Home sweet home
« Reply #387 on: June 27, 2021, 08:35:51 pm »

Drip shrieks that everyone should give him their robes!

"No."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 08:49:10 pm by Ozarck »

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 27, 2021, 09:07:05 pm »

"Grey, save him if you want, but ... no one would blame you if he were to fall.
Oh shit. OH SHIT. OH SHIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!  Somebody help me!  Please help me!!!!!!! HELLLLLLLP!!!!!!
”Hmm…”

"Bob, if you can get a belt around him, securely this time, I’ll drop the spell holding him there.”

Grey continues Maintaining The Speaker, and will stop if Bob can get a belt around him, or if Speaker can grab onto something like the roberope. While that’s getting sorted out Grey grabs the ship’s wheel and gently spins it.

”Genesis, why were you going on about orange magic earlier?”
Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 01:50:16 am by Fire and Glory »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 28, 2021, 12:38:21 am »

<snip>

(Damage has no cap. I might roll d100 if you fall.)

<snip>

((If I fall, can I parry the ground?))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 116