Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131340 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Seclusion
« Reply #345 on: June 22, 2021, 06:08:10 pm »

The Speaker thinks for a moment.

We’re dead, right?”, he asks his body, “Therefore, we should be able to fly.”.

His gaze then moves (as best as possible) towards the prow of the ship.

You know…”, he says, “I’ve heard that fledgling birds have to jump from a high place the first time they attemp to fly.

I wonder if that’s what I need to do…

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 22, 2021, 10:41:19 pm »

”Alright then."

Grey drops the doll on the desk and puts on the pendant to see if it does anything. Regardless of the result, he goes over to Elias's body and examines it with the needle for signs of any magic, hazy orange or otherwise. He then digs out whatever is embedded in the corpse's chest and examines that for the same.

The Speaker is looking rather unhealthy as well, so Grey Maintains their body to ensure they don't die from whatever magical malediction they're under.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 06:20:56 am by Fire and Glory »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #347 on: June 23, 2021, 12:35:37 am »

If nobody else finds anything on the body, Bob will also examine it through his Needle. If someone else finds something, Bob will instead try to rip one of the Mage's spare pieces of clothing or fabric (but not the blanket covering the mage or the stuffed animals) into strips that can be considered belts since they can be tied. If successful, Bob will also try to wrap himself in the belts if that wouldn't require a separate turn.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 09:12:59 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #348 on: June 23, 2021, 03:39:14 am »

Youare finds someone who can talk (hopefully not a stuffed animal) and asks about the younger subject of the painting - who they were, how they died, how Elias responded.

"I'm a homunculus, here on covenant business. May I ask you a few questions?"

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 12:29:54 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 23, 2021, 03:57:06 am »

"Aw shit, hey Elizabeth you don't want to see what's happening over there."
Go get Elizabeth take her away from the body and find a nice book to put the paper in so it'll tell me what's on it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #350 on: June 23, 2021, 10:05:59 am »

Get up and immediately befriend the nearest living organism in my vicinity.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 12:01:56 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #351 on: June 23, 2021, 11:18:57 am »

look at the swords and axes through the eye of my needle and grab any that show magical aura, or if none of them seem magical, whichever one looks edgiest.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 24, 2021, 08:56:55 pm »

[spoiler][Name: Rairvuch
Description: he gas black hair, alabaster skin, prideful and handsome features, and deep, piercing green eyes.
Nature: elemental
HP:10/10
Inventory: nothing
Fate Points: 0]
it would be nice if you could make my element something like air or earth or heat.  it would be a total drag (in my opinion) to have a elemental with a absurdly specific element like hotdogs or belts (no offense bob).
but ill go with whatever.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 24, 2021, 08:58:57 pm »

also could u pm me whenever the current adventurers get back? i dont want to have to chase down a giant metal frog!  :)
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 24, 2021, 11:07:16 pm »

The teleporter exit was placed inside the frog iirc.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 25, 2021, 12:43:42 am »

Description: he gas black hair, alabaster skin, prideful and handsome features, and deep, piercing green eyes.
it would be nice if you could make my element something like air or earth or heat.  it would be a total drag (in my opinion) to have a elemental with a absurdly specific element like hotdogs or belts (no offense bob).
you are going to get a random element. Be prepared. It may very well be as silly as belts. Also, it is unlikely that anyone will pm you at mission end. Either spawn in with the group or read along until people are back. PW usually lets newbies spawn in among the crowd in these games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 25, 2021, 01:06:37 am »

you are going to get a random element. Be prepared. It may very well be as silly as belts. Also, it is unlikely that anyone will pm you at mission end. Either spawn in with the group or read along until people are back. PW usually lets newbies spawn in among the crowd in these games.

One day you'll see the power of belts. You'll all see.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 25, 2021, 01:48:38 pm »

I've seen PW's edgy character generator. I know the power of belts.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #358 on: June 25, 2021, 07:09:17 pm »

Your element is: Glass.

The teleportation conduit is inside the frog, and I would be willing -since the team talked their way here without violence- to let you join them on the assumption you just teleported in and followed them up.

To be Fair, Bob DID kill the giant wolf.

Get up and immediately befriend the nearest living organism in my vicinity.
You slither out of the cauldron and look around for the nearest living thing. That would, theoretically, be Rairvuch. [2]

You stick out your hand. "Hello fellow goo human. You are pleased to meet me. You're welcome."

Rairvuch does not respond at all. He just stands there, completely silent and immobile. After 30 seconds of holding out your hand you begin to think you might be trying to befriend some sort of statue.

The Speaker thinks for a moment.

We’re dead, right?”, he asks his body, “Therefore, we should be able to fly.”.

His gaze then moves (as best as possible) towards the prow of the ship.

You know…”, he says, “I’ve heard that fledgling birds have to jump from a high place the first time they attemp to fly.

I wonder if that’s what I need to do…

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
[6]
"I don't know if thats..." Speaker's bones begin to say, but are immediately cut off as his legs -with all the energy of happy puppies- shout "YEP!"

Speaker's body lurches upwards like a marionette, spins on its heel, and then starts galloping forward towards the balcony. [3] As Speaker goes cartwheeling semi-limply over the balcony railing, he thinks of something. If he's dead, why is he running? Maybe...he isn't dead?  He ponders this as he arcs a short distance over the rail and begins to fall towards the unforgiving sands below.

"Aw shit, hey Elizabeth you don't want to see what's happening over there."
Go get Elizabeth take her away from the body and find a nice book to put the paper in so it'll tell me what's on it.
You scoop up Elizabeth and carry her rapidly away from the covered body. Elizabeth doesn't say much or struggle against this, she seems very quiet overall.  You look around the room for a nice large book, spotting one on a nearby shelf. You fold up the note and stuff it in the book. A few moments later you hear a muffled voice inside.

"Your power is needed. Return to your people. Create the warriors which will grant us victory once again. You need not lead them as you did before; by my brand they will become my soldiers. You once spoke of sympathy before you abandoned us. Does that sympathy extend to your own kin? Will you let them starve? How many children will go without parents if you choose not to act? I will be there soon."

look at the swords and axes through the eye of my needle and grab any that show magical aura, or if none of them seem magical, whichever one looks edgiest.
[5]
A few have magic in them, magic of a different kind from the twisted roots or the braided glass. This magic is simple, a sort of flowing wall of air like a shockwave. You grab two axes and a sword with it. The needle does reveal something else though: These weapons have all been used. They're all faintly stained with blood.

”Alright then."

Grey drops the doll on the desk and puts on the pendant to see if it does anything. Regardless of the result, he goes over to Elias's body and examines it with the needle for signs of any magic, hazy orange or otherwise. He then digs out whatever is embedded in the corpse's chest and examines that for the same.

The Speaker is looking rather unhealthy as well, so Grey Maintains their body to ensure they don't die from whatever magical malediction they're under.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
[6]
You point at Speaker as he leaps off the balcony, shouting "MAINTAIN!" as he goes over. He stops cold, movement suddenly arrested in mid air. Hmm. Someone else will probably take care of that. 

You put on the pendant. You feel an odd sensation, cold slithering across your skin. Its like you were wrapped in plastic and dumped in an ice bath, the cold all around you but not quite touching. You notice that there's a slight fog around you as well, a sort of hazy condensation like warm breath on an icy day.

A quick inspection of the body reveals no hazy orange magic, but you are able to rip the murder weapon out of the chest. It is, as was expected, the missing piece of the steering wheel. It also isn't magical.

If nobody else finds anything on the body, Bob will also examine it through his Needle. If someone else finds something, Bob will instead try to rip one of the Mage's spare pieces of clothing or fabric (but not the blanket covering the mage or the stuffed animals) into strips that can be considered belts since they can be tied. If successful, Bob will also try to wrap himself in the belts if that wouldn't require a separate turn.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)

[2] Bob spends several minutes attempting to tear the bedsheet into strips. Despite his best efforts he either can't get it to tear or, when he can, it shreds uselessly.  Damn.

((I am constantly torn between getting to the truth of the death and comforting and pacifying the mage's bereaved ... things. Well, I guess closure will help in the grieving process, if we don't end up having to stab everything.))

"Would one of you examine the body once more, through your needle, for traces of a hazy orange magic? Quickly! It is fading fast! I want ot know if there is any concentrated on his back, or if there is some concentrated elsewhere, as if something may have carried him there from here. Miss Foxington, please restrain yourself for now. Be patient until we can tell you more."

Scrolling back, I don't see a description of what lies beyond the balcony that the wheel is on (aside from the figurehead). Is it outside? Does the balcony overlook the mass of the Toad City, the landscape beyond, or something else? Examine the figurehead closely, especially for traces of the orange magic. Continue looking for the orange magic traces both around the balcony and inside the room.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
The balcony is open to the outside, its almost like someone attached the prow of a boat to the end of the room. It overlooks the head of the frog, as its far enough forward to miss the platforms and structures below, presenting a direct fall hundreds of meters to the metal head or the sands below. There's also an idiot floating out there right now.

You look over the edge at the figurehead- a young woman with flowing hair- and find that it has some scratches in it. Large ones that look fairly fresh. [1] You lean down to look at them closer and end up tipping right over the edge. [4] You make a flailing grab and catch the floating body of Speaker by the ankle. You are now dangling very far above the earth, suspended only by your own grip and whatever magic is keeping Speaker afloat.

Youare finds someone who can talk (hopefully not a stuffed animal) and asks about the younger subject of the painting - who they were, how they died, how Elias responded.

"I'm a homunculus, here on covenant business. May I ask you a few questions?"

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
You walk back to the elevator and ask the owl there about the painting.

"The Master's adopted daughter, Alice." He says, shaking his head. "I do not know how they met, but all of this, " He gestures around her and finally pats his own chest, "Was made for her. She lived here happily for many years, among us all.  But...she grew sick. I do not know the details, such things are above my station, but despite the Master's best efforts she passed. It was...a long time ago. But the master has never forgotten; I believe he stayed here not just to be close to her but to watch over us. He could not bear to let the place she loved so dearly fall into disrepair."

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 25, 2021, 07:28:52 pm »

say hi to whoever said hi, go get my stuff, get a bunch of glass cups from the drink ring, throw them on the floor, make them form a cloud around me, jump through the portal, and grab a longsword from the wall.

"hi dude, u hungry?"
[spoiler][ Name: Rairvuch
Description: he has black hair, alabaster skin, prideful and handsome features, and deep, piercing green eyes.
Inventory: nothi

also @piecewise, if we have our character study something combat related like fencing, wrestling, or anatomy, do we get bonuses to rolls?  and finally, i may not be on very often because we will be in florida for the next ten days.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 10:56:29 am by BlackPaladin99 »

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 116