Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Rebel Victory!  (Read 39841 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Mission 1 - Toony's Pick
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2021, 09:39:48 am »

Hey Tric, who do you believe is the most likely to be Spy and who is most likely to be Rebel? Besides me, natch.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2021, 09:41:47 am »

Also, if I'm Spy, then Vector is cleared because we're not "Mafia with each other," correct?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2021, 10:03:01 am »

Yeah? From your play against each other, I see that tends to happen when you aren't together. And no, you're likely a Spy.

Taking from your pass post, I'd think Toony is the Spy in that case, and Fal a Rebel. Fal hadn't even posted by that point, and you're already calling him a spy. Unless it's to draw attention away from him, in which case... Well, that would make no sense, since there is no evidence Toony is a rebel, and you're setting Fal up to take the blame. No clue why'd you would ignore blue though.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2021, 10:05:24 am »

We can change the teams, but not the mission order, as far as I understand the rules.
This is correct.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2021, 10:16:53 am »

Might have been nice if I had known that before I failed it, given that was part of my reasoning.

What are the current votes NQT?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2021, 10:24:53 am »

I'm tempted to change my vote, can I do that?

But I'd like to hear from BluarianKnight first.  I mean, they get the next plan if this fails, and they're on this team.  BluarianKnight, please respond.  The Rebellion needs you!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2021, 10:28:14 am »

Hmm... Dang. NAI. I wanted you to backtrack harder on Vector and incriminate them. You didn't go into much detail on them though, did you?

Toony is definitely a Spy? Gotcha, Toony is not a Spy.
FoU is definitely a Rebel? Tougher, but I'm willing to agree. FoU did post and failed the mission, which seems like a really silly thing to do from Town perspective. Idk how you missed that, but you're definitely trying weird things to incriminate ToonyMan. If Toony and I were both Spies, I'm willing to think that they'd put me in the first mission with them, since, again, we would be aiming hard for the Commander win. That doesn't fly here. So, you would have to judge them and I separately.

I ignored Blu because they hadn't talked yet. FoU and ToonyMan both did. ToonyMan tends to hide themselves in the Town. Honestly, I was more trying to bait FoU to not sabotage because my bluff was instead to try and clear ToonyMan, hence why my plan includes two Townies and ToonyMan. BK might do something similar, but I don't know them as well.

It's not very interesting that you only pointed out people I did. Would you like to take this time to try again? Would you like to know why I know you're scum instead? Or should we wait for Vector to explain it?

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2021, 10:36:27 am »

Let me catch up, then I'll reply.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2021, 10:38:32 am »

Mission A.
Pick 1: Toony.
Draft: Toony, BluarianKnight, FallacyofUrist

Votes

1. Toonyman -
2. BluarianKnight
3. Knightwing64
4. JimGroovester
5. FallacyofUrist - FAIL
6. Webadict - PASS
7. EuchreJack - FAIL
8. Vector
9. TricMagic - FAIL

5 to pass; 5 to fail.

Once you put it in red, that's the vote I count. Bear that in mind for future missions. (In the physical version of the game, votes are only cast once per mission and can't be recanted.)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 10:45:51 am by notquitethere »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2021, 10:39:44 am »

At this point I'm pretty sure you're trying to trip me into a hole you dug. Or made me dig.

Point A: Not invested enough= Because I'm not going wild with no information to go off of, you think I must have information.
Point B: Making an early observation= Pretending to be engaged in the game.
Point C: No Clue=NAI means what?

I can poke Jim if you want, since they haven't really said much I've actually felt. As is, if I assume you to be a spy, I need to see why'd you pass it. I shouldn't really be who you convince though, if you think I'm scum, you're going to dig into it and put forth reasonings. So do so, why wait for Vector? Unless you've run out of things to vaguely through around already.

...?

I thought I failed the mission?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2021, 10:40:42 am »

I'm a Commander too you know..

Fail. We have no need to do a mission right away, and the mission that takes two spies to fail it would be a good place to earn a point.

Also, I'm going to take an early shot and say that webadict and Vector aren't mafia together, this is very much in line with their normal play when they don't have any information. Which makes putting them on the same team for that particular mission a good thing.

(Toony kinda stole that gambit from me, and given how late it was. Anyway, going to eat breakfast now.)

Yeah, definitely did?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2021, 10:44:48 am »

Once you put it in red, that's the vote I count. Bear that in mind for future missions. (In the physical version of the game, votes are only cast once per mission and can't be recanted.)

Thanks for clarifying.  Temptation averted.  Just for clarification, if a mission fails, can the next player pick the exact same team?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2021, 10:46:27 am »

I thought I failed the mission?
Fixed.

Just for clarification, if a mission fails, can the next player pick the exact same team?
Absolutely.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2021, 10:56:15 am »

Bro, You better cool it with the accusations or I’m gonna start singing Justin Biebers “What do you mean” song in your face. But for real, We have no evidence to go on other then suspicions at this point. I personally believe we should at least wait till the end of the first mission to accuse people, But you do you I guess. I just think it would be really easy to accidentally vote for a rebel believing them to be a traitor based on a few misplaced words. I’m just sharing my opinion tho, You can do whatever. But I’m watching you, You seem a little quick to throw out accusations at people. 🧐🤔
Ah, I see your concern here.

I mean, if you're afraid of taking chances, you can try to win off of mechanics alone.

But, you're in the Mafia subforum. We pride ourselves in reading people's words. Every word I write has been meticulously crafted and placed. There are psychological principles at play alongside the mechanics. Who, what, where, when, and whys matter.

So, you should indeed watch me. But, as your Commander, it would be incredibly futile.

@ToonyMan: Because I'm a glutton for punishment, and if I'm wrong, I'd like proof of it. The thing is, you'd never fail the first mission on your own, and FoU would never fail the mission on their own. If you were BOTH Spies, then it would fail, but if only one of you two is a Spy... I don't expect it to fail.

Now, BK? They'd probably Fail it if they're a Spy, so and I'd never expect you to pick BK on your team to duo-Spy in this case. Unless you thought that far ahead... Nah, you'd want to be clear, and you wouldn't know how I'd justify it here in the reverse. You'd only pick yourself and two other Rebels and pass it.

You'd NEVER trust FoU to co-Spy in this case, and especially because FoU would never FAIL it if they were Spy with you. So, I'm forced to conclude that there is at least one Rebel in the group of FoU and ToonyMan.

I'd say that you wouldn't care about failing the missions. You'd be trying to find the Commander. Thus, if the Mission Fails, it only proves you're Rebel.

I haven't had too much time to dig in my heels - but this? This feels off.

In short - if it fails, I must be the spy. It's a great case - to push the blame on somebody else. And to prod a spybuddy to fail it to push town into a bad position.

I'm gonna hold my vote for now - it's a goddamn waste to vote early. Save it. Wait until it gets close - or when you'll not be able to, then put it down. Information is worth it.

I'm leaning passing for now - I think we need information. If it fails - NO ONE should be 'confirmed' or 'cleared' of suspicion. That sets a bad precedent where one wrong 'confirmed' can let the spies claim victory.

I think Euchre's a Rebel - very jumpy - but it feels like he's getting back into the handle of things. Not off my list of suspects though.

BluarianKnight, haven't heard from you yet.  Since you'll be the one picking the team if Toony's Pick fails, any ideas on what we might be seeing?  Or not seeing?

D1 is vital. We get a double-whammy, we'll be pretty set. If we pass? We're in the disadvantage - we'll have bias on players who might've just bought themselves confirmation. Don't let go of suspicion on anyone.

I'm personally keeping my eyes on those with the wordy, roleplay filled types - Webadict, that sort, because it gives a lot of chances to slip in messages.

If I had to guess.. It's a Web-Toony-someone else for Spies. Web gave Toony a perfect out for it - I don't think it's FoU, but it could be Web-FoU-someone else too.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2021, 10:59:54 am »

Greetings everyone.

I'm the Commander.

This is the team we're going with:
ToonyMan
BluarianKnight
FallacyofUrist

Anybody who FAILs my team is a spy.

That is all.

Also - this is a huge red flag to me too. Toony - people can and SHOULD fail you. The information gained is worth it - calling people spies for doing so is pretty scummy to me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36