Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36

Author Topic: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Rebel Victory!  (Read 39749 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Mission 1 - Toony's Pick
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2021, 07:35:03 pm »

Since I can't edit my posts, everybody gets to see multi-posts.  Hah!

I feel this point bears reiterating:

Also, any REAL Commander wants his team to be failed, because this conveys to the Bodyguard who is not spies, without revealing that they are the Commander.

It is by far the best way for the Commander to communicate with the Bodyguard, so that the Rebels have two people who know spy/not spy versus one.
More vote history, more votes where the Bodyguards, WHO IS THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS WHO THE COMMANDER IS, can learn who might/might not be spies.

I'm complementing ToonyMan as assuming that they're a decent spy instead of a completely incompetent Commander.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2021, 07:43:53 pm »

... why are you so sure that Toony isn't the bodyguard tho. Or just trolling for reactions, given that it's literally post 1 of the game.

Like, chill your jets. It's stupid-early to claim anything. You could indeed just be overexcited town, but you sound like a spy losing it and trying to communicate to your buddies in thread.

Knightwing, I haven't played with you before. What do you think about the conversation so far?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2021, 07:44:39 pm »

More like drunk posting town, but yeah.  :'(

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2021, 07:45:11 pm »

If I was spy, I'd be keeping my mouth shut.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2021, 08:08:31 pm »

Based on your posts and being so quick to vote, and the really strange thing where you can't vote with 48 hours.. Also this, a Spy needs to be visible. otherwise they are lurking and will never have any trust placed in them.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2021, 08:16:39 pm »

Based on your posts and being so quick to vote, and the really strange thing where you can't vote with 48 hours.. Also this, a Spy needs to be visible. otherwise they are lurking and will never have any trust placed in them.

Probably pointless to respond at this point, I wish that I'd just get eliminated via normal mafia rules and vindicated.  But I'll try to explain.
A spy only need a few posts to be visible.  Say one or two a day.  Any more threatens to reveal information.
As for the 48 hours...people got lives outside the net.  Tommorow I might not be on at all, and Monday is a workday.  No guarantees of my availability.  Sure, I hope to be around during the entire 48 hour period, but once Saturday is over, I may have higher priorities.
Also spies benefit from dogpiling non-spy, and they know who is not-spy.
Kinda wish I hadn't bothered to play, since I seem to be helping Spies a lot more than Rebels.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2021, 08:18:49 pm »

just sober up and come back tomorrow dude. this is getting sad.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2021, 08:28:35 pm »

Dude, stop pretending not to be Spy.  Guess it's time for me to role claim.
Role: Rebel.  Vanilla Rebel if you prefer.  I'm no Commander, no Bodyguard, no Spy.
Insinuating that I'm a Spy reinforces my belief that you're a spy.  Lame attempts at roleplay are a bad idea right now.  Accurate information benefits the Rebels, inaccurate info benefits the Spies.
You're not a spy Euchre, this much I'm sure.

Also, any REAL Commander wants his team to be failed, because this conveys to the Bodyguard who is not spies, without revealing that they are the Commander.  You are a fake, most likely Spy trying to draw out the real Commander.
...I see.

You're implying that you are the Commander instead and not me.

I see, I see. You're the Bodyguard, aren't you?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2021, 09:20:57 pm »

Toony, you idiot. Most WIFOMy play ever. You realize that if we agree you're telling the truth, the spies can just shoot you, right?

FAIL. Of course I'd be happy to have myself on the mission roster like the good loyal rebel I am, but I want to get more info out of this day.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2021, 09:53:10 pm »

Yo, Toony, I'm the Commander, you should've put me on the team, wtf man?

Anyway, the way I see it, I trust ToonyMan to not pick wrong. This is a PASS. Now, just started reading, wtf is happening, y'all?

I'm gonna defend EuchreJack as DEFINITELY A REBEL. They should be put on literally every mission. They're like Luckyowl but without the incomprehensible garbage. This is not a joke. They should literally always be put on every mission. Is that a thing that can happen? I'm actually not very familiar with this game, I should probably read the rules, but I'm too busy posting.

I'm gonna say FallacyofUrist is DEFINITELY A SPY. They should never be put on any mission ever. Why you put them on this mission is beyond me. You should know better than that.

I will postulate one last point: If this Mission fails, it is because ToonyMan is A REBEL. ToonyMan would be the silliest person to fail this Mission.
If this Mission doesn't fail... then ToonyMan might be a Spy.

Also, I haven't heard from BK, so I can't make judgments on them just yet, buuuuuuut.

just sober up and come back tomorrow dude. this is getting sad.
Hi Vector.

I want you to tell me who you'd put on the mission if you had to choose right now, and who else would it be besides the two of us?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2021, 10:11:25 pm »

Uh, I don’t really think we should be accusing anyone at the start without hard evidence as they could be apart of our team and just had a miscommunication.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2021, 10:12:44 pm »

Uh, I don’t really think we should be accusing anyone at the start without hard evidence as they could be apart of our team and just had a miscommunication.
That sounds like Spy talk to me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2021, 10:21:27 pm »

Toony, you idiot. Most WIFOMy play ever. You realize that if we agree you're telling the truth, the spies can just shoot you, right?
Go ahead.

FAIL. Of course I'd be happy to have myself on the mission roster like the good loyal rebel I am, but I want to get more info out of this day.
Why are you failing a mission both me and you are on? Do you think Blue is a spy then?

Yo, Toony, I'm the Commander, you should've put me on the team, wtf man?
Sorry man, I wanted to see how FoU would react getting put on the team.

I'm gonna defend EuchreJack as DEFINITELY A REBEL. They should be put on literally every mission. They're like Luckyowl but without the incomprehensible garbage. This is not a joke. They should literally always be put on every mission. Is that a thing that can happen? I'm actually not very familiar with this game, I should probably read the rules, but I'm too busy posting.
I agree with this.

I'm gonna say FallacyofUrist is DEFINITELY A SPY. They should never be put on any mission ever. Why you put them on this mission is beyond me. You should know better than that.
Why PASS the mission then?

I will postulate one last point: If this Mission fails, it is because ToonyMan is A REBEL. ToonyMan would be the silliest person to fail this Mission.
If this Mission doesn't fail... then ToonyMan might be a Spy.
Hehe.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2021, 10:22:21 pm »

Bro, You better cool it with the accusations or I’m gonna start singing Justin Biebers “What do you mean” song in your face. But for real, We have no evidence to go on other then suspicions at this point. I personally believe we should at least wait till the end of the first mission to accuse people, But you do you I guess. I just think it would be really easy to accidentally vote for a rebel believing them to be a traitor based on a few misplaced words. I’m just sharing my opinion tho, You can do whatever. But I’m watching you, You seem a little quick to throw out accusations at people. 🧐🤔

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2021, 10:40:13 pm »

Bro, You better cool it with the accusations or I’m gonna start singing Justin Biebers “What do you mean” song in your face. But for real, We have no evidence to go on other then suspicions at this point. I personally believe we should at least wait till the end of the first mission to accuse people, But you do you I guess. I just think it would be really easy to accidentally vote for a rebel believing them to be a traitor based on a few misplaced words. I’m just sharing my opinion tho, You can do whatever. But I’m watching you, You seem a little quick to throw out accusations at people. 🧐🤔
Ah, I see your concern here.

I mean, if you're afraid of taking chances, you can try to win off of mechanics alone.

But, you're in the Mafia subforum. We pride ourselves in reading people's words. Every word I write has been meticulously crafted and placed. There are psychological principles at play alongside the mechanics. Who, what, where, when, and whys matter.

So, you should indeed watch me. But, as your Commander, it would be incredibly futile.

@ToonyMan: Because I'm a glutton for punishment, and if I'm wrong, I'd like proof of it. The thing is, you'd never fail the first mission on your own, and FoU would never fail the mission on their own. If you were BOTH Spies, then it would fail, but if only one of you two is a Spy... I don't expect it to fail.

Now, BK? They'd probably Fail it if they're a Spy, so and I'd never expect you to pick BK on your team to duo-Spy in this case. Unless you thought that far ahead... Nah, you'd want to be clear, and you wouldn't know how I'd justify it here in the reverse. You'd only pick yourself and two other Rebels and pass it.

You'd NEVER trust FoU to co-Spy in this case, and especially because FoU would never FAIL it if they were Spy with you. So, I'm forced to conclude that there is at least one Rebel in the group of FoU and ToonyMan.

I'd say that you wouldn't care about failing the missions. You'd be trying to find the Commander. Thus, if the Mission Fails, it only proves you're Rebel.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36