Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36

Author Topic: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Rebel Victory!  (Read 39820 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Mission 1 - Toony's Pick
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2021, 10:49:28 pm »

But, you're in the Mafia subforum. We pride ourselves in reading people's words. Every word I write has been meticulously crafted and placed. There are psychological principles at play alongside the mechanics. Who, what, where, when, and whys matter.
This is what is known as the mafius veteranus, a rare specimen indeed, a master of mind play.

Meanwhile here I am, just improvising literally everything, even when I am scum.

But yes, Knightwing, we're going to poke people right off the bat, because that's what generates the most information.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2021, 11:15:46 pm »

Like, chill your jets. It's stupid-early to claim anything. You could indeed just be overexcited town, but you sound like a spy losing it and trying to communicate to your buddies in thread.

Sobered up a bit, thanks for that.  By the way, how did my posting sound like a spy trying to communicate?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2021, 11:17:56 pm »

Like, chill your jets. It's stupid-early to claim anything. You could indeed just be overexcited town, but you sound like a spy losing it and trying to communicate to your buddies in thread.

Sobered up a bit, thanks for that.  By the way, how did my posting sound like a spy trying to communicate?
Vector, are you for reals on this? You seriously think EuchreJack is a Spy? EuchreJack legit just played out their hand and flipped Rebel hard.

Seriously, like 99% sure EuchreJack is Rebel.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2021, 01:10:55 am »

@ToonyMan: Because I'm a glutton for punishment, and if I'm wrong, I'd like proof of it. The thing is, you'd never fail the first mission on your own, and FoU would never fail the mission on their own. If you were BOTH Spies, then it would fail, but if only one of you two is a Spy... I don't expect it to fail.

Now, BK? They'd probably Fail it if they're a Spy, so and I'd never expect you to pick BK on your team to duo-Spy in this case. Unless you thought that far ahead... Nah, you'd want to be clear, and you wouldn't know how I'd justify it here in the reverse. You'd only pick yourself and two other Rebels and pass it.

You'd NEVER trust FoU to co-Spy in this case, and especially because FoU would never FAIL it if they were Spy with you. So, I'm forced to conclude that there is at least one Rebel in the group of FoU and ToonyMan.

I'd say that you wouldn't care about failing the missions. You'd be trying to find the Commander. Thus, if the Mission Fails, it only proves you're Rebel.

This is interesting. Saving it for later.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2021, 01:15:34 am »

This is a PASS.

[...]

I'm gonna say FallacyofUrist is DEFINITELY A SPY. They should never be put on any mission ever. Why you put them on this mission is beyond me. You should know better than that.

mm, yes, this is a logically coherent position that you have DEFINITELY EXPLAINED WELL ENOUGH.

Hi Vector.

I want you to tell me who you'd put on the mission if you had to choose right now, and who else would it be besides the two of us?

Hey Wubz.

Me, Toony, and ... Jim Groovester. I'm town, Toony's probably town, and if Jim is scum, it'd be cool to fuck with his head a little.

You can sit on ice forever for what you did in Supernatural >:[

FAIL. Of course I'd be happy to have myself on the mission roster like the good loyal rebel I am, but I want to get more info out of this day.
Why are you failing a mission both me and you are on? Do you think Blue is a spy then?

FoU, why did you ignore this?

Uh, I don’t really think we should be accusing anyone at the start without hard evidence as they could be apart of our team and just had a miscommunication.

OK. What do you think of the specific players who have posted so far?

Vector, are you for reals on this? You seriously think EuchreJack is a Spy? EuchreJack legit just played out their hand and flipped Rebel hard.

Euchre: Spies need to communicate with each other in-thread about who they think is the commander in some capacity, which WIFOM not to eat, etc. So jumpy scum, shouting: "DON'T FALL FOR IT THAT'S NOT THE COMMANDER"? Yeah... why not?

Web: I'm deadly serious.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2021, 03:35:17 am »

Euchre: Spies need to communicate with each other in-thread about who they think is the commander in some capacity, which WIFOM not to eat, etc. So jumpy scum, shouting: "DON'T FALL FOR IT THAT'S NOT THE COMMANDER"? Yeah... why not?

Thank you for clarifying.  Of course, the Spies only need to identify the Commander at the END of the game, not the beginning.  In fact, if we Rebels lose three missions, then it doesn't even matter to the Spies who is the Commander.  Was there anything else?

While I'm not doubting that Web could be a spy, aren't you concerned that all evidence may someday prove that Web is definitely not a Spy, and that you'll HAVE to put Web on a team?  I mean, it has a two-in-three chance, after all, and team assignments use up a large portion of the pool.

Then again, I wasn't present for this Supernatural game with webadict, so maybe more detail might help if you're gonna play the meta?  Still two-in-three.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2021, 03:40:55 am »

BluarianKnight, haven't heard from you yet.  Since you'll be the one picking the team if Toony's Pick fails, any ideas on what we might be seeing?  Or not seeing?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2021, 07:48:47 am »

I'm a Commander too you know..

Fail. We have no need to do a mission right away, and the mission that takes two spies to fail it would be a good place to earn a point.

Also, I'm going to take an early shot and say that webadict and Vector aren't mafia together, this is very much in line with their normal play when they don't have any information. Which makes putting them on the same team for that particular mission a good thing.

(Toony kinda stole that gambit from me, and given how late it was. Anyway, going to eat breakfast now.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2021, 08:45:47 am »

So... three people have claimed Commander so far?

You know what, I'm in.

Actually, I'm this game's Commander. For realsies.

FAIL. Of course I'd be happy to have myself on the mission roster like the good loyal rebel I am, but I want to get more info out of this day.
Why are you failing a mission both me and you are on? Do you think Blue is a spy then?

FoU, why did you ignore this?

Because I don't have infinite reading comprehension. I just missed it.

To answer the question, I'd rather see a few other plans posted and voted on to provide us with more information from this phase. I don't know enough about Blue this game to make a judgement yet. If it was a later mission then I'd probably vote to pass that plan, but it was the very first pick.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2021, 08:51:25 am »

Also, I'm going to take an early shot and say that webadict and Vector aren't mafia together...
... I can't find my emoji keyboard on my phone.

Anyway, this is scum TricMagic. 95% Spy.

Hmm, wanna try again for me? EuchreJack is definitely a Rebel.

Basically, they have LuckyOwled themselves into showing Town. I do not know how you don't see that unless you're purposefully blinding yourself.

Look at their defense. You are so wrong it hurts. They are newbtown in like 5 different nutshells.

Vector, why you gotta do this to me? You're breaking my heart because you can't trust me to read the newbie.

What about FoU or Tric? What's your take?

@EuchreJack: You're getting free protection this game. That's usually a premium!

Boosting you to pocket Rebel, let's go, guys! Anyone wanna fight me on this? You are gonna be super wrong!

@FoU:
Tentative plan.
Me, EuchreJack, ToonyMan.

ToonyMan would clear BK and FoU if they failed the mission.
EJ is more Rebel than... A good literature simile. Shut up.
Me because I'm awesome.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2021, 08:55:03 am »

Also, I'm going to take an early shot and say that webadict and Vector aren't mafia together...

K Spyadict. Blame a morning post why don't you. Where's your evidence? Not that it matters any, I doubt anyone would put me on a team anyway.

Is the idea of skipping to the mission that takes two to fail really that baffling to your spy conspiracy mind?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2021, 09:03:46 am »

Evidence? Nah, I'm the Commander, bro. If I say you're Spy, then you're Spy. Have your Assassin friend FoU shoot me.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2021, 09:14:00 am »

Umm... Did scum have chat, cause that sentence makes no sense otherwise.

You're welcome to think what you like spyadict, but it doesn't change the facts.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2021, 09:15:15 am »

I'm personally not in favor of running a mission that is going to fail. You want this mission to pass for whatever reason. Is one of your buddies on it?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2021, 09:33:25 am »

K Spyadict. Blame a morning post why don't you. Where's your evidence? Not that it matters any, I doubt anyone would put me on a team anyway.

Is the idea of skipping to the mission that takes two to fail really that baffling to your spy conspiracy mind?

Just a point of clarification: We can't do what you're suggesting TricMagic.  You know that, right?  We have to do the first mission with three people first, then the second mission, then the third mission, then the fourth mission, then the fifth mission.  Your plan of " skipping to the mission that takes two to fail" is impossible.  We can change the teams, but not the mission order, as far as I understand the rules.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36