Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 44989 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 10 guineas to the undersigned company, Bathtub Corsairs, for the purpose of chartering a ship
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after the ship comes in port or 3 months after it goes missing. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.
Interest will not be accrued while the ship is considered missing.

Signed:
-Sharky's financial ventures
-Bathtub Corsairs
A pleasure taking, er, doing business with you.

Quote from: Ship-Buying Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Yet Another Pirate' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the 'Norderland' until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the 'Yet Another Pirate's' cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Repairing the ship will be carried out through the use of a "repair fund". Owning shares obligates the owner to pay that percentage of the missing sum to fully repair the ship. Any costs associated with travelling of a route shall also be borne by all participants in proportion to their share of the ship. Failure to pay will lead to those shares being auctioned off, and the money being put into the "repair fund". These "repair funds" can be used to purchase new ships with the agreement of the involved parties, new shares being given out in accordance of shares currently owned.  Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the 'Yet Another Pirate'.
 Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the 'Yet Another Pirate' to be in agreement.

- Bathtub Corsairs: 11 Guineas

ACTACTACT: Yet another bathtub frilled with coins equaling 11! Guineas is delivered to the office as payment, as is right for commissioning a ship. Yet Another Pirate sets off for plunder. Destination is Norderland. Wooly Gold!

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Could someone repost the discord link? I'm on my phone right now. I mean, I can see my computer, but it's set up for tv right now.  Many deals are negotiated on the discord: It's how I got my own saving-and-loans bank started, primarily to give a slavery-free alternative lending option for ethical captains.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could someone repost the discord link? I'm on my phone right now. I mean, I can see my computer, but it's set up for tv right now.  Many deals are negotiated on the discord: It's how I got my own saving-and-loans bank started, primarily to give a slavery-free alternative lending option for ethical captains.
It's in the OP, but here: https://discord.gg/EbuWUQJeeR

E: Also, while you can negotiate wherever you like, remember that you can only sign in the thread.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been doing fine in-thread. Didn't even know there was one.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

We the undersigned Sharky's financial services, agree to provide blueprints for 2 SCOPEs to the undersigned Powder and Partner at a cost of 1.6 guineas. Said blueprints are to be used for the manufacture of a single device, then destroyed. Unlawful copy of the blueprint either directly or indirectly shall incur a fine of 5 guineas.
Sharky's financial ventures only provides the single use blueprints, not the full product. It is up to the buyer to gather the raw materials for assembly (aka: bring your own sand)

- Sharky's financial services
- Powder and Partner
Oh, right, I do need to sign the contract, too.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

24 hours. Reasonable requests for extension are welcome.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Donate 6 sand to Moira Libum.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In case anyone wants to sail for wool, the price this turn shall be 0.4 guineas. Copper should be more profitable, but getting there in winter is also reported as quite risky. And in a long enough journey you must roll your lucky die more times.
That said, considering the current ships in port I imagine there is no interest, but praise goes to Tricmagic who endeavours to keep the supply steady.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 09:43:02 am by andrea »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Just a reminder that the First United Sandbank still have funds to lend, or in the alternative is looking for sand or wool to purchase.

Might even be willing to invest in a ship going for copper.  Please do business with me!  :'(

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mid Autumn, Y2
TURNTURNTURN
Spoiler: Actions processed (click to show/hide)

The Great Granular Galleon departs for the Nearsouthlands, feeling a bit lonely. Yet Another Pirate, which definitely isn't a pirate vessel, don't even worry about it, heads Norderland-way. But the big sendoff is for the Jolly Crustacean, Giddy Chicken, and renamed Coppermold, the three of which take a slightly different northwards tack as they inaugurate the Nordestlant trade route.

A meagre trickle of sand leads to declining stockpiles, though the price only rises a small amount.
[2 Sand Sold]

Absolutely no wool is sold this month. Brokers are a bit worried they're getting fleeced, but raise their prices regardless.
[0 Wool Sold]

The CEO of Happy Crab LLC attempts to invite Dorothy Horsegame to dinner, but finds that she has disappeared. He tries to hire a freelance detective to track her down, but they are all fully booked- by others trying to invite her to dinner.

The Crown, somewhat belatedly, sends thanks to Sharky's Financial Services for their donation of Spinning Jacks to the clothing industry.
[Sharky's Financial Services receives 2 Royal Favour]

Quote from: Invention
Aywanez Enterprises - 6 Sand: Sandpaper:
Ships are made of wood. The wood is treated to maintain structural integrity in the face of roiling seas and such- but often little thought is given to aesthetics. Those big tubs would surely look a lot more elegant if the planks were made smooth... but that's impossible, right? Well, not anymore! With the revolutionary invention of 'Sand-Paper', one can 'sand' wood to be as smooth as a really smooth thing. Does it actually make the ship any more effective? Well, no. But it looks nice, and isn't that worth something?
[Sandpaper is a Pointless But Prestigious Ship Upgrade. It costs 2 Sand to make enough to treat a single ship (or caravel). The upgrade cannot be removed after application. Damage will not affect the upgrade, because reasons]
[Aywanez Enterprises receives Sandpaper blueprints and one (1) crate of Sandpaper (enough for one ship)]

The Nsailor, Magierin, Aywanez' Own, and Warrick return to port. However, the Woolritter and Irreplaceable II fail to show up- and the Enterprise is still missing. The captain of the Magierin says that he passed the Woolritter near the Nearsouthlands coast- seemingly in trouble. However, they were warned to stay away, as the crew had caught an infectious disease. There was nothing to do but sail on and pray for their recovery.

PRICES
Sand    - 0.42 Guineas per unit (+0.01)
Wool    - 0.80 Guineas per unit (+0.02)
Copper  - 1.75 Guineas per unit (+0)
Ship    - 11 Guineas each (+0)
Caravel - 9 Guineas each (+0)

DESTINATIONS
Nearsouthlands - 2 Month round trip, yields Sand   | Public charts
Norderland     - 3 Month round trip, yields Wool   | Exclusive charts
Nordestlant    - 5 Month round trip, yields Copper | Public charts

SHIPS

<Nearsouth Nsailor      - Returned Mid Autumn Y2 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands Late Autumn Y2
<Magierin               - Returned Mid Autumn Y2 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands Late Autumn Y2
>Great Granular Galleon - Departed Mid Autumn Y2 for Nearsouthlands. Expected return Late Autumn Y2 [SCOPE]
!Woolritter             - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Autumn Y2, expected to return end of Mid Autumn Y2 Missing
<Aywanez' Own           - Returned end of Mid Autumn Y2 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Late Autumn Y2

<Warrick                - Returned Mid Autumn Y2 with 10 units of Wool. Intending to depart for Norderland Late Autumn Y2
!Enterprise             - Departed for Norderland in beginning Mid Summer Y2, expected to return end of Early Autumn Y2 Missing
Bloody Shark           - Departed for Norderland in beginning Early Autumn Y2, expected to return end of Late Autumn Y2
!Irreplaceable II       - Departed for Norderland in beginning Late Summer Y2, expected to return end of Mid Autumn Y2 Missing
Hardtack               - Departed for Norderland in beginning Early Autumn Y2, expected to return end of Late Autumn Y2
>Yet Another Pirate     - Departed Mid Autumn Y2 for Norderland. Expected return Early Winter Y2

>Giddy Chicken          - Departed Mid Autumn Y2 for Nordestlant. Expected return Late Winter Y2 [SCOPE]
>Jolly Crustacean       - Departed Mid Autumn Y2 for Nordestlant. Expected return Late Winter Y2 [SCOPE]
>Coppermold             - Departed Mid Autumn Y2 for Nordestlant. Expected return Late Winter Y2 [SCOPE]

Lying Bastard          - Explorer. Departed West in Early Autumn. ETA: Unknown [SCOPE]

INVENTIONS:
SCOPE - 3 Sand - Private
Lace Pattern Clothing - 2 Wool - Public
Spinning Jack - 1 Wool, 1 Guinea - Public
Sandpaper - 2 Sand - Private

OTHER OFFERINGS
Moira Libum is always taking donations of any amount/combination of resources, and will provide blueprints in return.

NOT MUCH ELSE TO SAY: Quiet Month. Relatively speaking.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 03:11:01 pm by NUKE9.13 »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

Spoiler:  Willco Ventures (click to show/hide)

ActActAct: Sell 6U of wool and for 4.8 Guineas.

@Andrea: Pay 3 Guineas to pay of loan and get out of the interest.

@Powder Miner: Pay 0.3 Guineas to pay for subscription.

Edit: RIS Woolritter
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 04:10:23 pm by flazeo25 »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Bulletin From Baron Powder Miner of the Nearsouthlands

Last month, the Woolritter was recently found beached and unrecoverably wrecked on a shore of the Nearsouthlands by scouts working under my name as the Baron of the Nearsouthlands. Much of her crew was found dead of the plague on that beach. This is likely a shock to most of us in the merchant community - it is the first time we have ever lost a ship with all hands plying our trades, and it should be a reminder that we do participate in ventures with genuine risk. It comes doubly as a shock because the Nearsouthlands is the safest route we have to trade on - we would not consider the instant destruction of a ship to have more than the slightest chance of occurring under normal conditions.

The Woolritter was not simply destroyed by plague. She had also been previously attacked by pirates, and had carried on while damaged for some time before being felled by the disease. It can be easy for a trade company's owner to simply assume that there is a binary chance of a trip either going wrong or not going wrong - a single roll of the die of fate, so to speak. This intuition is not in fact correct, and any augurs or soothsayers who speak otherwise must be disregarded. It is possible to be attacked by pirates AND come across other misfortune during a trade ship's voyage. These dangers occur independently and thusly, speaking metaphorically, operate off of two different rolls of fate's dice.

While it presumably still takes very poor fortune to be hit by both of these at once, it is a worst-case scenario that should be considered. It may be worth noting that a SCOPE could potentially prove especially useful in avoiding this worst-case scenario, as through contributing to the odds of escaping either pirates or mundane disasters, it more heavily contributes to the odds of escaping being hit by both.

Signed and (dodgily) Sealed by
Baron Powder Miner, of Powder and Partner

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sharky sends condoleances to Wilco ventures for all the guineas of goods and ship that were lost, and the lives to the crew too.
1 bank favour (A) is also delivered, to ease the pain.

@Draignean
One bank favour to the greatest investor of Sharky's financial services, without whom I wouldn't have reached this point.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: SCOPE license
We the undersigned Sharky's financial services, agree to provide blueprints for a SCOPE to the undersigned companies at a cost of 0.8 guineas. Said blueprints are to be used for the manufacture of a single device, then destroyed. Unlawful copy of the blueprint either directly or indirectly shall incur a fine of 5 guineas.
Sharky's financial ventures only provides the single use blueprints, not the full product. It is up to the buyer to gather the raw materials for assembly (aka: bring your own sand)

-
-

Quote from: Navigator
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Warrick represented by Wilco Ventures with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.4 guineas.
This sum is to be paid upfront. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
-Sharky's financial services
-

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

Quote from: SCOPE license
We the undersigned Sharky's financial services, agree to provide blueprints for a SCOPE to the undersigned companies at a cost of 0.8 guineas. Said blueprints are to be used for the manufacture of a single device, then destroyed. Unlawful copy of the blueprint either directly or indirectly shall incur a fine of 5 guineas.

- Wilco Ventures 0.4 Guineas
-

Quote from: Navigator
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Warrick represented by Wilco Ventures with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for 2 back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.7 guineas in total.
This sum is to be paid upfront. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
-Sharky's financial services
- Wilco Ventures 0.42 Guineas
-
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 03:30:20 pm by flazeo25 »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 71