Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 44955 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Sell 2 units of Sand for 0.84 units of Sand. Attach a SCOPE to the Nearsouth Nsailor.

Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 06:42:24 pm by Powder Miner »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm definitely going to look into buying Nsouth Nsailor Shares. Any selling?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Autumn, Year 2
« Reply #872 on: May 15, 2021, 09:31:35 am »

Quote from: SCOPE license
We the undersigned Sharky's financial services, agree to provide blueprints for a SCOPE to the undersigned companies at a cost of 0.8 guineas. Said blueprints are to be used for the manufacture of a single device, then destroyed. Unlawful copy of the blueprint either directly or indirectly shall incur a fine of 5 guineas.
Sharky's financial ventures only provides the single use blueprints, not the full product. It is up to the buyer to gather the raw materials for assembly (aka: bring your own sand)

- Sharky's financial services
- Aywanez Enterprises

Euchrejack: pay back 1.2 guineas
Skynet : pay back 0.6 guineas
ACTACTACT: sell 9 sand for 3.78 guineas. Open source plans for sandpaper. Sand down Aywanez' Own. Attach a SCOPE to Aywanez' Own.

Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

In view of recent events, Aywanez Enterprises would like to offer a new service: Insurance.

Quote from: Insurance contract
We the undersigned Aywanez Enterprises on one hand and owners of the ship ___________ on the other agree to the following:
Aywanez Enterprises  will repair any damage sustained by the ship __________ during travels. In addition if the ship ___________ will go missing for more than 3 months, Aywanez Enterprises will replace it with a new ship free of charge.
Owners of the ship _________ will pay Aywanez Enterprises 0.75 guineas per month, starting from the beginning of _________ journey and until it is either returned or has been declared missing for 3 months. Due to the cyclical nature of trade, payment may be delayed by 1 month once per trip, further non-payment will lead to automatic contract cancellation.

There will be discounts for paying upfront and for long periods of insured, but incident-less travel.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Donate 10 Sand to the Inventor Moira Libum.
This is not an option, as the 10 Sand invention has already been invented. You could do 9 Sand. Or, for better results, try combining different resources (in sizeable quantities).
Also, while it is not required, and will not always have an effect, you can suggest what sort of invention you'd like to get.

~25 hours.
Long Live United Forenia!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh wow. I actually thought Tric had it right in terms of how inventions worked.
This makes nventions somewhat more valuable.

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EuchreJack: I'm a little concerned at the lack of loans that have been extended. I guess you can tell that I'm trying to play autopilot here while trying to prevent a monopoly from being formed, but if there isn't really any demand for your services, that's not...good. I can't even think about building a ship because doing so would mean me taking on risk and worrying about whether the ship will survive or not the trip. If you have alternate business ideas, please let me know.

@AndreaAndreaAndrea: Deposit 0.6 Guineas into Sharky Financial Services, adding it to the current investment. (For accounting purposes, I have split it up into two investments so that I can more easily do compounding.)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

EuchreJack: I'm a little concerned at the lack of loans that have been extended. I guess you can tell that I'm trying to play autopilot here while trying to prevent a monopoly from being formed, but if there isn't really any demand for your services, that's not...good. I can't even think about building a ship because doing so would mean me taking on risk and worrying about whether the ship will survive or not the trip. If you have alternate business ideas, please let me know.

Indeed I do!  I'm thinking of switching from a wholly-owned subsidiary bank to a member-owned model.  If you can convince someone else to purchase shares, I'll give you a share as a founding member!

From the discord: Announcement: First United Sandbank will be going public!  Shares will be available, and dividends paid every year.  More details to follow...when I figure them out, suggestions welcome!

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Going to be hard to convince others to buy shares, since I'm late to the game, but I'll try to help out.
---
I think the case for supporting First United Sandbank is pretty strong. If there is no competition between EuchreJack and andrea, then power flows over to a single player...and that player winds up setting the terms by which everyone else plays. That player can be said to have "won" (for lack of a better word), with most of the struggle being focused on who gets to be second-place. That may be an interesting dynamic, but it's not exactly one that one should be encouraged. Competition also keeps people honest, which is incredibly useful in a Lazy Fair setting (because the government isn't really going to intervene).

Also, you don't have to necessarily borrow only from one bank - you could borrow the same amount from multiple banks. This won't cost you a single guinea, so long as you're paying the same rate at all the banks. You would still be encouraging competition and limiting the power that those banks have.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 02:06:23 pm by Skynet »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@a1s
Enjoy the SCOPE and travel safe!

@Skynet.
Happy to receive your confidence. In addition to the loan recently given, I have 5 more guineas available for productive enterprises. Not just loans, but you may have observed that I have several income streams operating in parallel to ensure my ability to grow your capital.

As for how to track this second deposit, do you have any objection to me tracking the 2 deposits together rather than separately?

@Euchrejack
Good luck with the IPO.
Hope you structure it well. Not doing monthly payments is a good idea, although not sure yearly is best.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guess I'll just keep it for now then.

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As for how to track this second deposit, do you have any objection to me tracking the 2 deposits together rather than separately?
No objections. I'm just tracking them separately for my own personal records, but you can track them together.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Andrea, any chance I can send another ship along the route to Norderland? I think I have the money for it.

5.1, +5, +1 from Jack, that's 11. Might need an extra .1.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 05:25:36 pm by TricMagic »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Now have 2.45 to lend!

Just an FYI

Spoiler: Lazy Jack's Investco (click to show/hide)

We, the undersigned United First Sandbank, agree to receive 1.25 guineas from the undersigned, Setsu Enterprises, in return for a Right of Expropriation of Assets for at least equal value of the total investment. Every month, Setsu Enterprise temporarily waives this right of expropriation for a fee equal to 4.5% of the current outstanding value (and the fee is then rolled over into the investment proper). This investment will continue in perpetuity, however Setsu Enterprises may deposit additional funds at any time. With three month’s notice, Setsu Enterprises may withdraw funds from this investment. Failure to provide the sum will cause Setsu Enterprise to invoke its Right of Expropriation of Assets (but only for the funds that it attempted to withdraw).

- Setsu Enterprises
- United First Sandbank

Quote from: from: Standard Six Certificate of Deposit
We, the undersigned First United Sandbank, agree to receive X guineas to the undersigned company, Y.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 6% of the initial sum.  It shall be held for exactly six (6) months, and automatically rolls over if request is not received for its withdraw prior to the expiry of the 6 month term.  It can not be withdrawn outside of these terms, so plan carefully!

Signed:
-First United Sandbank
-

Quote from: from: Standard 2 month Business Loan
We, the undersigned First United Sandbank, agree to transfer 1 guineas to the undersigned company, x, for an exact period of time of 2 months, at which 1.2 guineas will become due and payable immediately.  Failure to pay on time will cause the amount to accrue interest at 10% of the owed amount for each month that the amount remains unpaid.

Signed:
-First United Sandbank
-

@TRIC: If you'd like to borrow more funds from me, I've got a generic contract you should be familiar with below.  Fill in the amount and sign.  Andrea can arbitrate if I misunderstand anything about it. It is also available to whomever else would like to borrow, first come first served.
Quote from: from: Completely Original Business Loan
We, the undersigned First United Sandbank, agree to transfer y guineas to the undersigned company, x, for the purpose of chartering a ship
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after the ship comes in port or 3 months after it goes missing. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.
Interest will not be accrued while the ship is considered missing.

Signed:
-First United Sandbank
-
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 71