Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 83995 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!
« Reply #1680 on: March 10, 2021, 01:33:41 pm »

As a reader after I was dead, I did find it very puzzling how everyone just accepted that Web had cleared Vector, as if Vector needed clearing or that that was something he could do or would have made sense for him to do if he could do. What was I missing? Also ICT and Vector had contradicting claims but both were town, what was the misunderstanding?
Well... I did rely on my claiming Vector to passively clear myself, and sort of lent my own towncred on them as well. It was sort of like an investment scheme, where we both look more Town by doing so, and I chain my own alignment clearing on them. It's tough to prove but my point it out now means it becomes part of my scummeta that I can't use as much next time.

Don't worry, I already cottoned on >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: March 10, 2021, 01:34:01 pm »

Day 3 and Day 4 of this game was super frustrating to play. I've never been happier to get a "You died" PM in a mafia game.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: March 10, 2021, 01:37:18 pm »

I considered a converted 4mask, which would have actually give town a chance, except they had a kill too rip. Can converts stop having kills too Meph?? It happens so often in mafia wins.

By the way Meph this is officially your longest game on Bay12.

Yeah, I think Converts should probably lose thier kills. It's just too much of a power swing to let them keep that.

I'd already made that decision for the other conversion types, but for Dark Magus I wasn't sure if it was too bad since a 2-person scum team is still pretty weak.

Turns out to have been a bit OP anyway.

Lesson learned.

And, yeah, we're going to have lots of new stuff next time I run a Supernatural. I've had ideas building up on my own for a bit and Web just added a ton. So I have lots to work with.

Oh, and for the record for everyone, the Demon kill is just listed in my set-up as "Brutal". It doesn't have to be messy.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: March 10, 2021, 01:42:56 pm »

Also the game flavor was great as always. Its why I keep coming back to these.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: March 10, 2021, 01:44:01 pm »

Also the game flavor was great as always. Its why I keep coming back to these.
Seconded, the flavor was excellent. Also, Meph apparently takes requests (within reason), so that's good to know for the future.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: March 10, 2021, 01:45:38 pm »

Yes I lied. Doing that and seeing the resulting chaos was the most fun I've ever had losing though.

Luckyowl absolutely destroyed me on Night 1 with his reply to my deal and 110% didn't deserve what I did to him.

There were things I wanted to try as Devil that I didn't get the opportunity to try out. I asked Meph if I could conditionally give information if people accepted or refused my deal, and he said yes, so my plan was to make people buy my information.

Devil seems like it would have been a difficult role to win with even if I hadn't been lynched and even if I tried to sell information. I can't make people accept so I somehow need to live long enough to not die and have people accept deals.

1. Jim will absolutely screw people just because

You guys CFDed me on Day 2 when I wasn't around.

That was obnoxious.

Stop doing that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: March 10, 2021, 01:51:01 pm »

Devil feels like a role that needs to be phased out. It's interesting but the town knows how it works now and is too clever to take the devils bargain. Hell this game I suggested a breaking strategy for it that deprives the devil of victory while still giving power to the first person the devil targets.

Honestly the third parties in general could probably use a shake-up just as badly, if not more so, than the wolf teams.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: March 10, 2021, 01:52:52 pm »

Agreed.

Supernatural is supposed to be my test-bed for neat ideas that can be broken by everyone knowing how they work. So I really ought to be mixing stuff up and either majorly changing or phasing out the various 3rd parties and whatnot over time.

Even some town roles, like Priest, really need to be either reworked or phased out a bit. Too much meta-gaming goes on with them right now.

But I do have plans.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: March 10, 2021, 01:56:31 pm »

Okay, well,

If there was a deadchat Vector would be grumping in it.

aside,

1. Notable Games Archive?
2. I will say that even though other players seemed to be very familiar with this format, this was very whackadoo for me compared to normal mafia, in an enjoyable way. I haven't been so sure that I was winning and actually being curbstomped in ... feels like forever.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: March 10, 2021, 02:02:30 pm »

That was obnoxious.

Stop doing that.
Being the other party I'm okay with you being lynched instead.

That being said, Caz/Juicebox was town, meaning that CFDs have a WHOPPING 0% hit rate on scum so far. What an incredible strategy and town play. Fuck CFDs.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: March 10, 2021, 02:06:36 pm »

To be fair.

The closest to a "wolf wagon" all game was when you followed Lucky onto webadict.

The wagons that were CFD'd away from were also town.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: March 10, 2021, 02:09:12 pm »

It was maybe obnoxious but you made one of the  classic blunders: never go up against an NQT when death is on the line. That third wagon vote on me was a misstep.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: March 10, 2021, 02:10:21 pm »

What does CFD stand for?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: March 10, 2021, 02:11:49 pm »

@4mask:
There's no reasoning to them. One player (who could be scum like FoU saving Leaf in BYOR15) just goes "hey let's lynch this player instead" when statistically I think that has an even worse hit chance than GUESSING RANDOMLY which at least wouldn't include scum biasly not picking their buddies.

BYOR15 NQT and Super10 Juicebox both got treated unfairly because they acted rashly from getting CFD'd on like any player would!!

What does CFD stand for?
Complete Failure Demonstration
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 02:14:39 pm by ToonyMan »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: March 10, 2021, 02:29:09 pm »

I think the move onto Jim wasn't actually a CFD properly speaking, I was just monopolising on my ally Persus's vote on him to push an alternative wagon. The goal wasn't to panic Jim into claiming (he wasn't around after all), but to lynch him because he was scum. Further, on Day 2 we had nine players up for the vote shortly before the end of the day, so some whittling had to be done.

The wild frenzy on Juice was absolutely my doing:

30 minutes to go... so Juicebox!

I didn't have enough compelling evidence to lynch him over anyone else other than the fact he hadn't been active. If I'd have done nothing Lucky would have died, which would have probably been for the best to avoid the painful Priest uncertainty.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115