Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 83745 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!
« Reply #1695 on: March 10, 2021, 02:33:41 pm »

If I'd have done nothing Lucky would have died, which would have probably been for the best to avoid the painful Priest uncertainty.
Agreed. No Lucky after D1 would have been...different.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: March 10, 2021, 02:37:50 pm »

Is Lucky more of an asset to scum when they are scum or when they are town?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: March 10, 2021, 02:40:13 pm »

Did Caz get Tric's dreams twice in a row? That's the only possibility for N1 and N2 since everybody else had actions or was dead. That's so unlucky...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: March 10, 2021, 02:42:04 pm »

Did Caz get Tric's dreams twice in a row? That's the only possibility for N1 and N2 since everybody else had actions or was dead. That's so unlucky...
Icy received nothing on N2 but yeah, super unlucky.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: March 10, 2021, 02:42:26 pm »

Lucky was the only player that "pushed" a case on scum, Webadict.

And by push I mean lurked a lot then voted them for completely reasonable reasons (and ones he should have pursued further) then lurked some more.

His Day 1 plan on lynching Web to check and then reviving him...hoo boy if we actually listened.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 02:45:12 pm by ToonyMan »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: March 10, 2021, 02:49:59 pm »

OK new plan: policy sheep everything Lucky proposes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: March 10, 2021, 02:51:20 pm »

If I'd have done nothing Lucky would have died, which would have probably been for the best to avoid the painful Priest uncertainty.
Agreed. No Lucky after D1 would have been...different.
If Luckyowl had been elimmed D1, I would probably have been elimmed D3 or D4. I just don't see how Toaster doesn't inspect me eventually in that scenario.

I'm actually sure that a lot of how we won was pure luck at how ridiculous things went in this game.
1. I converted the SK claimed Survivor, who was playing so Town that they were safe from being NKed or being elimmed. Had I not, I would have 99% lost.
2. Luckyowl revived another SK, butting both them and Blue on the chopping block. That basically kept me alive until D4, and kept people busy on them.
3. Jim lied about Luckyowl as well.
4. You protected me instead of NQT.

There were simply so many lucky factors that happened that I truly think would have resulted in my loss any other way.

Okay, well,

If there was a deadchat Vector would be grumping in it.

aside,

1. Notable Games Archive?
2. I will say that even though other players seemed to be very familiar with this format, this was very whackadoo for me compared to normal mafia, in an enjoyable way. I haven't been so sure that I was winning and actually being curbstomped in ... feels like forever.
I put on my S game (for scum) for this. Also because I owed you for that 3p defeat :P

Agreed.

Supernatural is supposed to be my test-bed for neat ideas that can be broken by everyone knowing how they work. So I really ought to be mixing stuff up and either majorly changing or phasing out the various 3rd parties and whatnot over time.

Even some town roles, like Priest, really need to be either reworked or phased out a bit. Too much meta-gaming goes on with them right now.

But I do have plans.
I actually think some changes to the Town roles to have LESS uniquely defined ones would be better. Werebear, Guard, and Knight could be combined. Priest, Exorcist, and Wizard could be combined. Just start combining them until they have a unique theme. Like, Priests are all about HEALING MAGICKS, and then they could resurrect, they could cure the sick, heal the wounded, protect against foul spirits. A Knight is all about WEAPONS and could be battle-scarred and ready to kill, they could have one last arrow to use, they could protect themselves or others, they could even lend out their sword to a trusted confidante. Doing all these helps make the game unguessable, because if someone claims a Knight, all you know is that their power relates to their abilities with a weapon. The many definitions available really give them only one real role now, but a Witch could already be in a Coven, or they could create a NEW Coven, or they could make potions to give away, or they could summon their own familiar.

Town is too specialized in their descriptions. Simply boil them down to like 12 different ones with a theme like Healing, Secrets, Weapons, Knowledge, etc.

Lucky was the only player that "pushed" a case on scum, Webadict.

And by push I mean lurked a lot then voted them for completely reasonable reasons (and ones he should have pursued further) then lurked some more.

His Day 1 plan on lynching Web to check and then reviving him...hoo boy if we actually listened.
I didn't have a good defense against Lucky's plan.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: March 10, 2021, 02:55:46 pm »

Yes I lied. Doing that and seeing the resulting chaos was the most fun I've ever had losing though.

Luckyowl absolutely destroyed me on Night 1 with his reply to my deal and 110% didn't deserve what I did to him.

I was wrong on that take, certainly.  I suppose- in flavor- trusting a Devil was a big mistake.  I do think Warlocks who reach out to devils should absolutely 100% be able to get a Deal from them.

Even some town roles, like Priest, really need to be either reworked or phased out a bit. Too much meta-gaming goes on with them right now.

Nobody trusts revives, so why not split the difference?

Give a role that can res a player with guaranteed sanity but (obviously in thread) as a ghost who cannot act but can talk at will.  Maybe give them a vote based on balance; could go either way.

Are you (or anyone, really) familiar with Blood on the Clocktower?  It's a mafia/werewolf game-in-a-box with a pile of roles.  One twist they have is all dead players can still talk and even still have a vote they can use once throughout the game.  (BotC votes are all at once at day end).  Given its demon theming it's a source of new ideas and flavor.

I actually think some changes to the Town roles to have LESS uniquely defined ones would be better. Werebear, Guard, and Knight could be combined. Priest, Exorcist, and Wizard could be combined. Just start combining them until they have a unique theme. Like, Priests are all about HEALING MAGICKS, and then they could resurrect, they could cure the sick, heal the wounded, protect against foul spirits. A Knight is all about WEAPONS and could be battle-scarred and ready to kill, they could have one last arrow to use, they could protect themselves or others, they could even lend out their sword to a trusted confidante. Doing all these helps make the game unguessable, because if someone claims a Knight, all you know is that their power relates to their abilities with a weapon. The many definitions available really give them only one real role now, but a Witch could already be in a Coven, or they could create a NEW Coven, or they could make potions to give away, or they could summon their own familiar.

Take a page from the Paranormal playbook from Guards and give roles variants.  It's already slightly in place here with Witches (coven vs... whatever the one that places the one shot permaward is called)

I would have checked 4mask pretty soon as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: March 10, 2021, 03:54:56 pm »

I'm actually already doing that a bit. Fortune Teller, Seer, and Oracle are already all variants of Mystic. Which is how they're classified in my program that does the set-ups. I just don't think I ever call them that in-game.

It's be pretty easy to do something broader with that. I'll have to think about it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: March 10, 2021, 04:02:47 pm »

I would be willing to tag-team the next Supernatural with some, er, balance tweaks if you'd like.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: March 10, 2021, 09:45:51 pm »

Great flavour, especially the ending one. Something in webadicts posts was seeming odd but i didnt know. Anyway nice game web. Town had no chance.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: March 10, 2021, 09:55:29 pm »

What does CFD stand for?
Since nobody answered your question properly, it stands for Chinese Fire Drill.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: March 10, 2021, 11:00:49 pm »

I would be willing to tag-team the next Supernatural with some, er, balance tweaks if you'd like.

That might be fun. We'll have to see how things are once I do another one.

Great flavour, especially the ending one.

Glad you liked it!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: March 11, 2021, 02:26:28 am »

I would love to play in another one of these.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: March 11, 2021, 04:01:42 am »

What does CFD stand for?
Since nobody answered your question properly, it stands for Chinese Fire Drill.

I thought this was another joke until I googled it. I'm learning things now.

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115