Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 83982 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!
« Reply #1665 on: March 10, 2021, 01:11:33 pm »

Well done Web, didn't see that one-- though now I think on it there were some clues. And 4mask, good claiming-- being super active in the thread sold it; I'm just going to have to policy lynch you in all future games.

I like to think I managed to pick up on Jim's inherent scumminess, even if it was a misfire on a devil. And giving Caz and Lucky another chance was absolutely correct.

I was right about Toony and Vector being town, and I was able to solidify Persus's Witch claim on my death so there was that.

Here's the Witch Chat.

And finally if there's one thing this game proves is that you should never shorten at LYLO...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: March 10, 2021, 01:14:33 pm »

I'm just going to have to policy lynch you in all future games.
-sad 4mask noises-

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: March 10, 2021, 01:14:56 pm »

Protecting Web over NQT on N2 was an utter failure on my part. I seriously couldn't decide between the two and picked Web last minute for defending me even though Lucky suspected them...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: March 10, 2021, 01:15:15 pm »

*sigh*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: March 10, 2021, 01:16:19 pm »

...You SSed YOURSELF? Also two kills wtf.

I ain't even mad. GG.
Well, I assumed I was gonna get inspected and die. Things just sort of worked out really, really well.

I made a lot of bad plays this game - not my proudest moment. Still was getting my feet wet with a real Mafia game on the forms - add that with a bit of family drama, and I was a mess. Surprised I made it so far - I should've jumped on the Web claim. I suspected he was giving me an Out, but I wasn't sure.
Actually the opposite. I could use that as evidence you were scum and get you eliminated. The flavor I chose was slightly ambiguous but vampires have specific ways they roleblock. I just didn't realize that until I started looking back.

But, I gave Mephansteras a three page report on a bunch of new monster scum factions to use next time, so we'll get new ones!

Well done Web, didn't see that one-- though now I think on it there were some clues. And 4mask, good claiming-- being super active in the thread sold it; I'm just going to have to policy lynch you in all future games.

I like to think I managed to pick up on Jim's inherent scumminess, even if it was a misfire on a devil. And giving Caz and Lucky another chance was absolutely correct.

I was right about Toony and Vector being town, and I was able to solidify Persus's Witch claim on my death so there was that.

Here's the Witch Chat.

And finally if there's one thing this game proves is that you should never shorten at LYLO...
I actually converted 4maskwolf for that exact reason. Even if they were a Survivor, I figured they'd make it to Lylo and win. Them being an SK was a bonus, honestly.

Overall, MVP of the scumteam was really 4maskwolf.

Protecting Web over NQT on N2 was an utter failure on my part. I seriously couldn't decide between the two and picked Web last minute for defending me even though Lucky suspected them...
That is what Town!web would do, so fair.

*sigh*
You are the only person I owe an apology to.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: March 10, 2021, 01:18:50 pm »

Lesson 1: Do not try fakeclaims in a game you know little about. Lesson 2: Know Web's meta better. Lesson 3: Lynch Survivors if they don't have a day they need to survive to.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: March 10, 2021, 01:21:33 pm »

Lesson 1: Do not try fakeclaims in a game you know little about. Lesson 2: Know Web's meta better. Lesson 3: Lynch Survivors if they don't have a day they need to survive to.
That third lesson is entirely false.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that survivors have to survive to a specific day, they just have to survive to the end of the game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: March 10, 2021, 01:22:03 pm »

1. Don't fucking claim Knight on Day 1. Pro Tip: Fakeclaim a juicy power role as a Knight to DRAW kills.

2. True.

3. Always lynching survivors from now on.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: March 10, 2021, 01:23:34 pm »

As a reader after I was dead, I did find it very puzzling how everyone just accepted that Web had cleared Vector, as if Vector needed clearing or that that was something he could do or would have made sense for him to do if he could do. What was I missing? Also ICT and Vector had contradicting claims but both were town, what was the misunderstanding?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: March 10, 2021, 01:25:01 pm »

As a reader after I was dead, I did find it very puzzling how everyone just accepted that Web had cleared Vector, as if Vector needed clearing or that that was something he could do or would have made sense for him to do if he could do. What was I missing? Also ICT and Vector had contradicting claims but both were town, what was the misunderstanding?
Icy and Vector weren't contradictory, just esoteric mechanics and mod error. Devils don't leave bodies, and thus lack graves, but can be contacted by warlocks regardless. The next one was mod error to not send Icy his PM.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: March 10, 2021, 01:27:32 pm »

Devils don't leave bodies so it doesn't contradict.

Jim was an asshole which made Vector shady if Lucky was town.

I was very convinced the scum team was either Web/Vec or Icy/Lucky. When Lucky flipped town all I could tell is that Web was 100% scum but it didn't matter at that point since they could use their double vote and strong arm 4mask into siding with them.

I considered a converted 4mask, which would have actually give town a chance, except they had a kill too rip. Can converts stop having kills too Meph?? It happens so often in mafia wins.

By the way Meph this is officially your longest game on Bay12.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 01:40:44 pm by ToonyMan »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: March 10, 2021, 01:29:39 pm »

Well... I did rely on my claiming Vector to passively clear myself, and sort of lent my own towncred on them as well. It was sort of like an investment scheme, where we both look more Town by doing so, and I chain my own alignment clearing on them. It's tough to prove but my point it out now means it becomes part of my scummeta that I can't use as much next time.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: March 10, 2021, 01:29:59 pm »

After two games in a row of being burned by survivor claims I'm never trusting them again.

and we come full circle to the reason why survivor claims get insta-lynched.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: March 10, 2021, 01:31:42 pm »

After two games in a row of being burned by survivor claims I'm never trusting them again.

and we come full circle to the reason why survivor claims get insta-lynched.
This... yeah. We make our own monsters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: March 10, 2021, 01:32:43 pm »

The game was shortened on Lucky while I was asleep/started to be shortened while I was too tired to do anything. I was going to put a vote on Web because his tracking claim was too neat and I didn't trust the way he cleared ICT (the drama didn't really feel right). Kind of a meme/"bah" vote, but whatever.

I guess that I have learned:

1. Jim will absolutely screw people just because
2. I should probably have tunneled Web harder D1
3. Agreed, the correct D1 lynch is the claimed survivor. Hitting guaranteed third party is much better than the like 15% chance of actually hitting the scumteam.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 115