Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 84199 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 4 is less magical
« Reply #1605 on: March 08, 2021, 02:12:39 pm »

Wait no, we still have Icytea, so it's 3-2. Still a game over if a mislynch happens.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: March 08, 2021, 02:16:53 pm »

If I'm Dark Magus, then Luckyowl still is the Convert in that scenario, and that would indeed explain a doublekill and point towards me as scum. In that case, I still lose my partner by eliminating Luckyowl, and I'd be making the Mafiakill Tomorrow. I'd have to kill Vector, so I'd claim Caz killed Vector and then I'd win. So, technically, that's a possibility that isn't accounted for.

No, you don't win, I'm a knight so can't be nightkilled. At some point I have to be lynched for scum to win.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: March 08, 2021, 02:18:55 pm »

So, Luckyowl either still has the Devilkill or they used it N3 and hit ToonyMan's protection target.

You think the mafia tried to kill ME last night? Why on earth?

The fact you can't even comprehend them getting rid of a dreamwalker is astounding Caz, you are a Russian Roulette of confirmation and scum-outing. Hence why Toony protecting you makes sense, and hence why such makes a good falseclaim today. Toony is dead after all.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: March 08, 2021, 02:20:24 pm »

You're doing that thing again where you claim you can clear people that you can't. How does a thief clear a dreamwalker?

Why am I the only one noticing that webadict has constantly lied and misrepresented throughout this day?
To the first, because if you're the Dark Magus, you have to kill. I'm able to Follow the faction kill, but I believe that Mephansteras did not say so in the post in thread. If it eases your mind:

@Meph: Can a Thief follow the Mafiakill if a Dark Magus makes it?

To the second, because I haven't. You're the one that just isn't understanding.

If I'm Dark Magus, then Luckyowl still is the Convert in that scenario, and that would indeed explain a doublekill and point towards me as scum. In that case, I still lose my partner by eliminating Luckyowl, and I'd be making the Mafiakill Tomorrow. I'd have to kill Vector, so I'd claim Caz killed Vector and then I'd win. So, technically, that's a possibility that isn't accounted for.

No, you don't win, I'm a knight so can't be nightkilled. At some point I have to be lynched for scum to win.
The Dark Magus has a double vote ability, so it could eventually be used to take you down, otherwise I'd be in agreement.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: March 08, 2021, 02:21:42 pm »

Note that tonight, Vector can visit Toony to see if Caz is lying, while Web follows Caz to see if he targets anyone.

This then means that either Persus or I are the Magus. However this only holds true if Caz is tracked continuously while we lynch our way down. If the kill occurs anyway.

...This is only possible if juicebox was converted n1. So basically... your mind is beyond repair.

You know, this is a bad situation. Web will likely end up killed via supersaint. Then Vector will die that night, leaving us with a dreamwalker saying I or did the kill, which can't be trusted. If this goes through, it's game over if I'm lynched, as a tie can no longer occur. Worst part is 4mask can easily assist to win the game, so it's 2-2. Kingmaker 4mask.

Vector will definitely die tonight, leaving web alive to claim some crap. How is webadict clear to you, Persus?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: March 08, 2021, 02:22:54 pm »

Its also mechanically impossible for me to be the Magus.

Lucky taking the Devil deal is also assuming Jim is reliable, which I'm not sure why people are assuming a third-party who has lost already would be.

True, but why would Lucky turn down a kill action if they are scum? If they didn't take the deal, they're likely to be town, no? Or do you think even a town Lucky would turn down the deal?
Pretty much every theory I've seen involving Lucky being on the scumteam involves him being converted. The conversion would have happened after the devil offer.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: March 08, 2021, 02:24:00 pm »

Honestly, it seems like you're just really against the idea of being tracked because IcyTea31 got cleared, and there suddenly less suspects.

You're doing that thing again where you claim you can clear people that you can't. How does a thief clear a dreamwalker?

Why am I the only one noticing that webadict has constantly lied and misrepresented throughout this day?
A Thief follows you while Vector talks with Toony. By your own statement Toony protected you. If this is a lie, you get lynched, if not, you are safe from the lynch. If someone dies while you get followed, you are effectively confirmed town, since you didn't do the kill. Unless it's web, but in that case Vector lives and states what Toony told them.

Except Supersaint, which means you get followed and likely lynched if web dies, unless Dreamwalker actually returns something of note. Toony protecting you is a decent guess that could happen.

How is it so broken, as in this scenario where LO is the convert you are the Dark Magus.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: March 08, 2021, 02:29:50 pm »

The fact you can't even comprehend them getting rid of a dreamwalker is astounding Caz, you are a Russian Roulette of confirmation and scum-outing. Hence why Toony protecting you makes sense, and hence why such makes a good falseclaim today. Toony is dead after all.

So I simultaneously can't comprehend why scum would get rid of me AND believed it so strongly that I made it into a fakeclaim?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: March 08, 2021, 02:31:16 pm »

Lucky taking the Devil deal is also assuming Jim is reliable, which I'm not sure why people are assuming a third-party who has lost already would be.

True, but why would Lucky turn down a kill action if they are scum? If they didn't take the deal, they're likely to be town, no? Or do you think even a town Lucky would turn down the deal?
Pretty much every theory I've seen involving Lucky being on the scumteam involves him being converted. The conversion would have happened after the devil offer.
True, but that could also mean that Luckyowl lied about saying no when they took it so that no one knew they had it as a potential lylo breaker.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: March 08, 2021, 02:34:58 pm »

A Thief follows you while Vector talks with Toony. By your own statement Toony protected you. If this is a lie, you get lynched, if not, you are safe from the lynch. If someone dies while you get followed, you are effectively confirmed town, since you didn't do the kill. Unless it's web, but in that case Vector lives and states what Toony told them.

Except Supersaint, which means you get followed and likely lynched if web dies, unless Dreamwalker actually returns something of note. Toony protecting you is a decent guess that could happen.

How is it so broken, as in this scenario where LO is the convert you are the Dark Magus.

It's broken because in that scenario, if you are town, then it doesn't confirm anyone. It's still either me or web from your point of view.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: March 08, 2021, 02:38:25 pm »

True, but that could also mean that Luckyowl lied about saying no when they took it so that no one knew they had it as a potential lylo breaker.

Wait, does this mean Lucky said they didn't take the offer before they were possibly converted? Or did that happen the same night? My brain is broken.

I don't think we're gonna get anywhere else today tbh and I'm tired af so I'm just gonna vote LuckyOwl and hope the supersaint thing blows me up. Then you guys can lynch web.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: March 08, 2021, 02:39:14 pm »

All kills are in person, so yes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: March 08, 2021, 02:42:17 pm »

All kills are in person, so yes.

Well at least if Tric is the maf it means they won't win, which has truly gladdened me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: March 08, 2021, 02:43:57 pm »

I have a fuckton of work to do today and some analysis I want to do, but it's going to have to wait until evening my time so I can reread the thread and investigate. I might hit the thread with responses here and there but don't expect anything substantive until later.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: March 08, 2021, 02:50:12 pm »

I'm not convinced Lucky would think that far ahead.

Wait, does this mean Lucky said they didn't take the offer before they were possibly converted? Or did that happen the same night? My brain is broken.
Same night.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 115