Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 84247 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 4 is less magical
« Reply #1590 on: March 08, 2021, 01:17:27 pm »

I honestly see no way LO is town right now.

Bear with me here because I just realised something important.

Why would a scum LO turn down a free devil kill? Lucky claimed they were offered it and declined. Vector claims Jim said Lucky took the kill (Jim lying?). No kill happened. In what scenario would scum choose to use roleblock over another kill? Unless we can find the answer to that, Lucky looks suddenly town. (and I'm starting to hate this game :D)
If Lucky was converted he'd have been town when the Devil deal was made. He and the demon could also have both killed Toaster (which would make sense with the flavor).
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: March 08, 2021, 01:17:52 pm »

And webadict ninja'd me with the same thought.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: March 08, 2021, 01:20:29 pm »

So, it's between Caz and TricMagic for Dark Magus. I can Follow Caz Tonight and confirm them, and if I die, Vector will be able to confirm ToonyMan targeted Caz.

Game solved.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: March 08, 2021, 01:30:55 pm »

Toaster still thinks that the flavor from his being killed was devil-based, not demon. He feels that the demon kill would have been a hell of a lot messier.

so why weren't there 3 kills last night? Devil, demon, mafia. I still haven't seen an argument why the mafia would opt for a roleblock instead of a kill, ESPECIALLY if magus can't even be tracked while using the mafkill.
The argument is that the demon didn't kill because they didn't want to out themselves. Who do you think the town looks at when a random kill matching SK flavor suddenly pops up during the night? That's right, they immediately look at the recently revived player who openly claimed third party. You don't make that kill because it's as good as outing.

That being said I'm not convinced that the facts support that, Blue made it pretty clear that he had killed Toaster. It is, however, possible that both Lucky and Blue killed Toaster that night and Lucky's devil kill took precedence.

Still, getting rid of the wolf who is potentially holding onto another kill is always good.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: March 08, 2021, 01:34:25 pm »

I believe that the devil kill is a one-shot. Dark Magus team should only get one kill per night from now on, regardless.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: March 08, 2021, 01:40:56 pm »

Okay. So, it's indeed not me and Vector then, and that would prove that IcyTea31 is not the Dark Magus or the Convert. And I 100% proved one of those things, which goes directly counter to your statement otherwise.

Well, okay, technically, IcyTea31 is only the not the Convert because I prove their not the Convert because the Sexton would probably still check the graveyard regardless of alignment.

Caz... You just make me shake my head.

"I 100% proved one of those things except technically I didn't"

Ok web :U

Caz, is it possible that Luckyowl DID use the Devilkill and it hit the wards that ToonyMan set up?

No, it isn't possible. If Lucky used the devil kill then the magus would have had to use the mafia kill, but you claimed you were blocked by the magus that night.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: March 08, 2021, 01:43:36 pm »

Yeah I really don't think that the devil kill was used. Unless the wolf team is Dark Magus web/convert Lucky which... no, that's literally never a thing.

Also, I think that the kill on Toaster was a demon kill. There's only been a single demon kill in the entire history of the series and people are acting like it's the only flavor demon kills will ever have. Beating someone into a pulp and ripping their beating heart out of their chest strikes me as more demon than the devil hulk out style.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: March 08, 2021, 01:45:39 pm »

The argument is that the demon didn't kill because they didn't want to out themselves.

Ok, they didn't kill because they didn't want to out themselves, and then spent the entire day not playing or trying to help town?

You guys keep going on about the demon kill flavour being brutal, do you think if Toaster was night killed by both a demon AND a devil they would still be in one piece? Well, two pieces. My point is, they'd be in more pieces.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: March 08, 2021, 01:56:19 pm »

The argument is that the demon didn't kill because they didn't want to out themselves.

Ok, they didn't kill because they didn't want to out themselves, and then spent the entire day not playing or trying to help town?

You guys keep going on about the demon kill flavour being brutal, do you think if Toaster was night killed by both a demon AND a devil they would still be in one piece? Well, two pieces. My point is, they'd be in more pieces.
I personally think it was a demon kill with different flavor than last time, though that seems to be an unpopular opinion.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: March 08, 2021, 01:58:07 pm »

I did mean last Night for the Devil kill on wards, but you're right that I forgot to account for the Dark Magus action on N2, so my theory for Toaster being doublekilled is wrong.

So, Luckyowl either still has the Devilkill or they used it N3 and hit ToonyMan's protection target.

Yeah I really don't think that the devil kill was used. Unless the wolf team is Dark Magus web/convert Lucky which... no, that's literally never a thing.

Also, I think that the kill on Toaster was a demon kill. There's only been a single demon kill in the entire history of the series and people are acting like it's the only flavor demon kills will ever have. Beating someone into a pulp and ripping their beating heart out of their chest strikes me as more demon than the devil hulk out style.
If I'm Dark Magus, then Luckyowl still is the Convert in that scenario, and that would indeed explain a doublekill and point towards me as scum. In that case, I still lose my partner by eliminating Luckyowl, and I'd be making the Mafiakill Tomorrow. I'd have to kill Vector, so I'd claim Caz killed Vector and then I'd win. So, technically, that's a possibility that isn't accounted for.

Perhaps, but Devilkills don't typically destroy hearts, which is an element of brutality beyond normal Devilkills. Honestly, it seems like you're just really against the idea of being tracked because IcyTea31 got cleared, and there suddenly less suspects.

I personally think it was a demon kill with different flavor than last time, though that seems to be an unpopular opinion.
No, I'm now pretty sure that's the case. Luckyowl couldn't Devilkill N2, so they still have it.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: March 08, 2021, 02:02:11 pm »

So, Luckyowl either still has the Devilkill or they used it N3 and hit ToonyMan's protection target.

You think the mafia tried to kill ME last night? Why on earth?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: March 08, 2021, 02:03:28 pm »

Lucky taking the Devil deal is also assuming Jim is reliable, which I'm not sure why people are assuming a third-party who has lost already would be.

You're one of the remaining town info-roles if you're not on the scumteam.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: March 08, 2021, 02:08:33 pm »

Assuming you're telling the truth about ToonyMan, perhaps they didn't want to take a chance on killing someone that was going to be protected by ToonyMan.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: March 08, 2021, 02:10:57 pm »

If Luckyowl still has it, we kinda have to lynch them today due to them using it tonight to reduce town to two.

Note that tonight, Vector can visit Toony to see if Caz is lying, while Web follows Caz to see if he targets anyone. This then means that either Persus or I are the Magus. However this only holds true if Caz is tracked continuously while we lynch our way down. If the kill occurs anyway.

You know, this is a bad situation. Web will likely end up killed via supersaint. Then Vector will die that night, leaving us with a dreamwalker saying I or did the kill, which can't be trusted. If this goes through, it's game over if I'm lynched, as a tie can no longer occur. Worst part is 4mask can easily assist to win the game, so it's 2-2. Kingmaker 4mask.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: March 08, 2021, 02:12:30 pm »

Honestly, it seems like you're just really against the idea of being tracked because IcyTea31 got cleared, and there suddenly less suspects.

You're doing that thing again where you claim you can clear people that you can't. How does a thief clear a dreamwalker?

Why am I the only one noticing that webadict has constantly lied and misrepresented throughout this day?

Lucky taking the Devil deal is also assuming Jim is reliable, which I'm not sure why people are assuming a third-party who has lost already would be.

True, but why would Lucky turn down a kill action if they are scum? If they didn't take the deal, they're likely to be town, no? Or do you think even a town Lucky would turn down the deal?

You're one of the remaining town info-roles if you're not on the scumteam.

Over Vector or web though? But I'll take the point.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 115