Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 83735 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #495 on: February 26, 2021, 04:54:03 pm »

Toony beat me to it re: the magus. I don't think it's a likely role for Blue though if he didn't think there'd be role flips knowing you have a self-res would give someone a bit more breathing space. Still, it doesn't really make sense.

4mask is trying to say Blue is just a jumpy town player that gave up prematurely (and then was convinced to play on). I'm going to go back and check this Dreamwalker interaction.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 26, 2021, 04:56:21 pm »

Toony beat me to it re: the magus. I don't think it's a likely role for Blue though if he didn't think there'd be role flips knowing you have a self-res would give someone a bit more breathing space. Still, it doesn't really make sense.

4mask is trying to say Blue is just a jumpy town player that gave up prematurely (and then was convinced to play on). I'm going to go back and check this Dreamwalker interaction.
self-res is also a dead giveaway.

I think that blue is probably a wolf still, their behavior all game has been hella wolfy, I'm just cautioning against reading too much into their surrender.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 26, 2021, 04:59:37 pm »

Is someone claiming Dreamwalker?
I don't think this massively clears Bluarian. Scum can be Dreamwalkers, indeed a different member of the scumteam could even be a Dreamwalker. And there can be multiples of the same town role. Claiming something that doesn't do anything active is also a normal fakeclaim for scum.

If Bluarian is jumpy town, we don't want to lynch him. If he's the leader we probably don't want to lynch him. If he's jumpy scum of some other variant (a third party even) then we do want to lynch.... Hmm

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 26, 2021, 05:05:36 pm »

Is someone claiming Dreamwalker?
I don't think this massively clears Bluarian. Scum can be Dreamwalkers, indeed a different member of the scumteam could even be a Dreamwalker. And there can be multiples of the same town role. Claiming something that doesn't do anything active is also a normal fakeclaim for scum.

If Bluarian is jumpy town, we don't want to lynch him. If he's the leader we probably don't want to lynch him. If he's jumpy scum of some other variant (a third party even) then we do want to lynch.... Hmm
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stop overthinking things. There's no guarantee town has a monster hunter to clear out a werewolf leader without harm. There's no guarantee the wolves don't have a wizard who can protect their leader from kills. We always want to launch a werewolf leader early to prevent it from being a devastating LYLO breaker, should one exist.

At a certain point you have to set the wine down and make a decision. Answer me this one question. Set aside your thoughts of what shenanigans or gambits the scumteam might be up to. Is Blue a wolf? Is their behavior, in your opinion, wolfy and worth of elimination.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 26, 2021, 05:20:59 pm »

You make a reasonable point, 4mask. Thinking more on it, I do want to see what his Dream claim is tomorrow but this whole episode is super sketchy.

To note though, this is what the vote counts were at when Blue imploded:
The Scribe's Tally Sheet
BluarianKnight: Toaster,  Jim Groovester
juicebox: BluarianKnight, notquitethere
Luckyowl: IcyTea31, ToonyMan, Vector, webadict, 4maskwolf
Persus13: TricMagic
Toaster: Persus13
webadict: Luckyowl

He had literally just one additional vote on him, bringing him up to 2. Bluarian, why did you implode at this??

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 26, 2021, 05:23:59 pm »

Quote from: Jim tabulated vote count
BluarianKnight: Toaster Jim GLORY DAYS Groovester Vector
juicebox: notquitethere
Luckyowl: IcyTea31, ToonyMan, webadict 4maskwolf BluearianKnight

Did this to double check if votes were tied or not.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 26, 2021, 05:25:43 pm »

This is where we're at now:

NQT's Tally Sheet
BluarianKnight: Toaster,  Jim Groovester, Vector
juicebox: notquitethere
Luckyowl: IcyTea31, ToonyMan, webadict, 4maskwolf,BluarianKnight

We've got two and a half hours left. Not too late to see some big changes. If no one else wants to lynch the obvious scum player, Juicebox, I will reluctantly join another wagon before the day's end.

PPE: OK Jim beat me to the vote count, and we got the same numbers.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 26, 2021, 05:29:03 pm »

Lucky where are you?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 26, 2021, 05:34:42 pm »

If LO is town, I can firmly suggest a Persus/NQT/IcyTea team. Ignoring all other evidence. And NQT, reluctance doesn't change my opinion of you either. What's the saying, dead air equals dead townie? Persus hasn't absolved Secretdorf's play at all.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 26, 2021, 05:35:45 pm »

You make a reasonable point, 4mask. Thinking more on it, I do want to see what his Dream claim is tomorrow but this whole episode is super sketchy.

To note though, this is what the vote counts were at when Blue imploded:
The Scribe's Tally Sheet
BluarianKnight: Toaster,  Jim Groovester
juicebox: BluarianKnight, notquitethere
Luckyowl: IcyTea31, ToonyMan, Vector, webadict, 4maskwolf

He had literally just one additional vote on him, bringing him up to 2. Bluarian, why did you implode at this??

Two reasons;

One. I thought the day ended 5 PM EST. My mistake.
2. The reactions to my previous post simply swapped the few folks who believe me town to scum.

It was demoralizing,
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 26, 2021, 05:40:49 pm »

I go to sleep for a couple hours and wake up to this mess. So apparently Tric is a werebear and BK is a dreamwalker, which, I don't really know what to make of either of those claims atm. I'm going to be at work when day ends, so I'm going to leave my vote on BluarianKnight for jumping the moment multiple votes were placed on them, and attempting to shift the votes onto an easy target, with what wasn't even a good case.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 26, 2021, 05:42:13 pm »

I go to sleep for a couple hours and wake up to this mess. So apparently Tric is a werebear and BK is a dreamwalker, which, I don't really know what to make of either of those claims atm. I'm going to be at work when day ends, so I'm going to leave my vote on BluarianKnight for jumping the moment multiple votes were placed on them, and attempting to shift the votes onto an easy target, with what wasn't even a good case.
Claims as they stand are actually 4mask: survivor, Tric: Knight, Lucky: Priest, and BK: Dreamwalker.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 26, 2021, 05:44:10 pm »

... Last minute vote is not the best, particularly missing the conclusion to that werebear business while catching the dreamwalker bit. Who briefed you Juicebox. Blue is looking easy at the moment.

4mask, did you have to ruin that poke?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 26, 2021, 05:44:24 pm »

I would rather hang Lucky than Blue.

At least Blue is here. Lucky can't give us tells if they ghost us. I wonder why they wouldn't want to give tells?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 26, 2021, 05:48:03 pm »

One. I thought the day ended 5 PM EST. My mistake.
Relatable: I made the same mistake in BYOR15, thinking the day was ending an hour sooner than it was.

If LO is town, I can firmly suggest a Persus/NQT/IcyTea team. Ignoring all other evidence. And NQT, reluctance doesn't change my opinion of you either. What's the saying, dead air equals dead townie? Persus hasn't absolved Secretdorf's play at all.
I'm not sure why you think ignoring all evidence is a good way to make reads but OK. Also you need to learn some elementary logic: dead air dead town means that if it's quiet at the end of day, town die. That doesn't mean the opposite is true, that an active end of day always leads to a scum lynch. That's absurd and patently false.

PPE: but I guess I'm glad you agree about Juice.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 115