Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 83817 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #420 on: February 26, 2021, 01:24:55 pm »

"You are a Dreamwalker, able to send your soul out to walk the land of Dreams. During this time you do not dream yourself, but instead view the world through the eyes others. You might only see another's dream, but you may instead see the actions that the person performs while you sleep. (You will receive a night result PM for another player. If that player did not do anything, you see only random dreams)"
From the PMs for Supernatural 1.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 26, 2021, 01:25:50 pm »

My understanding of it is that a random player is selected, and you either receive that player's night PM or some random nonsense if they received no night PM.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 26, 2021, 01:30:23 pm »

Tric you are an idiot for dropping werebear hint claims in your post. The breadcrumbing is so obvious now that you pointed it out that I need to make this clear for everyone in case only scum see it. That's so stupid as town...

Look at my War Vet play in Paranornal 24 for an example of effective use.

Also Tric your reads are bad and I'm not voting Persus.
Such is your lot. I am fully against a LO lynch, and this revival stuff at least gives a possibility of clearing Persus of secretdorf's sins, assuming it doesn't convert him. Or he replaced into mafia, which I find more likely.

I am also against low info policy lynches on Day 1, which is what Juice is. That doesn't give me any info to town. Investigative roles can get info, those without won't have much to go off of.
Low info my ass. I would be voting your ass if I didn't know your play in BYOR15.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 26, 2021, 01:33:28 pm »

OK, back to Juicebox. I formally apologise, Tric, I had overlooked a possibility. I was concerned that you weren't claiming "Townsperson" because you didn't know that that was a town role (it's not in the OP), but I can see you could be at least two other things and still be town.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 26, 2021, 01:36:03 pm »

Tric you are an idiot for dropping werebear hint claims in your post. The breadcrumbing is so obvious now that you pointed it out that I need to make this clear for everyone in case only scum see it. That's so stupid as town...
So I had earlier dismissed a town Tric genuinely being a werebear, because why would they ask watchers to come see them??

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 26, 2021, 01:44:13 pm »

I am very very annoyed at you Toonyman. You know that?

And NQT, an apology and switchback to Juice isn't going to do anything. Low info lynches are not good things day one. And a bunch of small posts followed by mechanic stuff reminds me of previous games with you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 26, 2021, 01:44:59 pm »

So I had earlier dismissed a town Tric genuinely being a werebear, because why would they ask watchers to come see them??

UM
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 26, 2021, 01:52:14 pm »

Also, I absolutely get the pushback I always get when posting analytical stuff of questionable value. It's not alignment indicative for me, I do it as scum or town. I genuinely just like trying to figure out new ways of looking at the game. I'm looking forward to seeing whether there was anything informative in the sentiment stuff, I genuinely don't know yet! Incidentally, if I was being scum!NQT at this point, I'd have fabricated a stronger conclusion than the analysis warranted and used it to push a lynch on someone.

--

Vector, you know what a werebear does right?

TricMagic, oh so you are werebear, why are you baiting town to inspect you???

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 26, 2021, 01:53:54 pm »

Yeah umm.

I'd dismissed the town werebear thing too because that's literally the worst possible way to play it.

What the fuck was that?

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 26, 2021, 01:56:26 pm »

Is someone claiming Dreamwalker?
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 26, 2021, 01:57:59 pm »

No. Tric is a werebear.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 26, 2021, 02:03:12 pm »

Is someone claiming Dreamwalker?
Nah, Vector was asking what they do.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 26, 2021, 02:10:36 pm »

Yep, NQT is scum. How in the world did you get that idea?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 26, 2021, 02:14:34 pm »

I am very very annoyed at you Toonyman. You know that?
Assuming I'm right:

Dude, breadcrumbing a War Vet-type role is very dumb. If even a single scum spots it they'll tell their group and none of them will target you ever. They'll want to lynch you. Any town that spots it will probably want to avoid you, but any townie who doesn't realize what's up are putting themselves at risk.

Yes, keeping quiet could lead to a Werebear/War Vet killing town, but the trade off is that you can take out scum as well.

The other option is to announce your status immediately as a warning, this will at least spare some town lives probably.

The worst possible move is to breadcrumb.

It's possible. I do still think you're town.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 26, 2021, 02:16:06 pm »

TricMagic, oh so you are werebear, why are you baiting town to inspect you???

I have no powers, so feel free to come and kill me. Or watch me. Or anything else.

PPE:
I have no powers, so feel free to come and kill me. Or watch me. Or anything else.
Tricmagic seems like a decent place to start.

And so the run of being scummy continues. That is your first thought when I claim to have no powers?

My run specifically. But any tracker in the group could see the truth. How does my one post seem a decent place to start?

Hmm, that so? I really don't have anything I can actively do though. No kills or anything like that. Can't track or investigate or bus or anything. Unless I'm lying to cover up a more powerful role. (Just posting without thinking there. So you know that post wasn't coached at all given the number of experienced players in this game.)

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 115