Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1 - Bloodless Town Victory  (Read 19303 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2021, 06:25:21 pm »

Juicebox: Is lurking going to be your main strategy this game?

See my response to Toonyman

Ah, yea, it is a bit unfair to hound you for stuff in previous games, but it was the only thing I could think of. Sorry. What do you think of the people who don't want to do the mass-shielding plan, then?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2021, 06:27:13 pm »

True, if you aren't a level 1 Merchant yet we can start with that.

Everybody become a level 1 Merchant at the end of today if you aren't.

We should do a daisy-chain tonight, if somebody doesn't get a shield they can squeal on who the scum is they said they would sell them a shield.

PPE:
We can even disperse shields in a round table format to find out who didn't give a shield to someone they were supposed to. :L
Yes, this is way better than my initial plan. We do this tonight and then initiate Operation Spotlight after, all while constantly handing shields to each other.

At night all of us need to spam our tracking, watching, and protects to detect or stop kills. Eventually we'll have a couple level 5 Surveyors that can all spam Spotlight to catch anybody using the mafiakill, among all the tracking and watching and protecting the rest of town will be doing as well. This will force the mafia to have to use other kills instead, and because only mafia will be performing kill/poison/infecting/doping at night we can still out them, got it?
It isn't guaranteed that we have any Town surveyors at all though, is it?
Yes, but we can make it happen. Plus with this round robin shield strategy we'll all be protected from standard kills.

You can't tell me what to do!

Tbh I'm kinda opposed to this plan as well. it just doesn't sound particularly fun. on the other hand though, It's a pretty solid plan from what I can see, and there isn't a real reason not to go along with it, so I guess I'm in.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2021, 06:40:30 pm »

I would like to say I am annoyed that we have to follow though on a plan that has enough holes to kill us all. But Monks at least work to gain access to revival, but only if enough people do so and we take out mafia early.

I would still have liked a lynch today. But fine, ruin my Medium idea.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2021, 06:46:07 pm »

I would like to say I am annoyed that we have to follow though on a plan that has enough holes to kill us all.
Please point out the holes. I couldn't figure out any major ones.
Chances are good that any given townie can figure them out, scum can as well, so I don't see much point in keeping quiet about them.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2021, 06:49:25 pm »

@Everyone:
Everyone who disagrees with The Plan must volunteer to get lynched, no backsies
I will vote anybody who opposes The Plan instead of no lynching. If you simply cannot follow the plan then make your voice heard and we will try to work around it. You don't need to claim anything but the flaw that is preventing it. I think that's worth the sacrifice.

Uh-huh. And how will lynching those opposed go on before you start turning on those who agree but are outside the chain?

Because I have one of the flaws that forces you to use actions and an action that matches it. I'd rather not say which, but even being forced into claiming this much really narrows the possibilities, doesn't it?

Sorry, Juicebox, I am fundamentally incapable of giving you shield.

Sooo... I wonder who will volunteer to break the chain to Watch me because "OMG mightymushroom is so suspicious for having randomly assigned constraints!"

The plan works better with Monk. We can rez everyone back, then vet people by lynching and rezzing them.
I don't see a way for scum to win with The Plan, Using Monks. Can we declare a victory point for town, and play the game without a tedious yet near-certain win based on deterministic mechanics?
True. We can decide to use Monks or Surveyors on Day 2.

And that's just nonsense.
Nirur Torir is talking about using the Monk lvl.5 ability, how did you get to using monks D2?
And I assume you mean the Surveyor lvl.2 ability, because the surveyor lvl.1 isn't confirmable on the receiver's end thus way to easy to mess with. Only you're forcing everyone to get Merchant today, so the soonest you can guarantee people to have Surveyor lvl.2 is Night 3.

This is sounding more and more half-baked at best -- not thinking ahead, so pleased by your own cleverness.
It forces me to follow whatever ToonyMan says instead of making my own judgments => Not Fun and Not What I Signed Up To Do
And I can't participate even if I shrugged all that off.
You gonna lynch me over it, I suppose?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2021, 06:55:27 pm »

Agree, Lucky Town. Again.

Town:
LuckyOwl
Juicebox
Toony - is usually more ~suave~ and ~gentle~ as scum, goes kinda nuts as town ... like he does here. So probably town.

Secretdorf - I feel he posts less as town than he does as scum? lean town
Caz - can't really read Caz but seems less on the sideline here than they did in Skynet, more active -> probable Town
mightymushroom - neutral
Webadict - ignoring him, we just played like 8 games together, he can be somebody else's responsibility for now
Nirur Torir - if scum will start to lurky lurk lurk, watching closely

FallacyofUrist - did the same thing he usually does of overly enthusiastically RVSing as scum
TricMagic - Strangely unobsessed with PRs this game

Want More Data
- Egan BW
- Jim Groovester
- Toaster

hmm

Toaster? Toaster. What do you think of Toony's plan? And Webadict's casual RVS? Also, top 4 scumpicks right now?
Hmm... Your Town picks mesh well enough with mine. I was skeptical on juicebox, but I'll let it slide because I think you might be right. But, Luckyowl is definitely 99% Town, and anyone that votes for them fights me. I'm still willing to hold Egan_BW as Townlean, and I think anyone voting them should be looking elsewhere first. We still need Jim and Toasty to get in here.

I'd be willing to vote out FallacyofUrist, though.

Nirur Torir - Not feeling right about them. Don't really like their reasoning for why the plan is flawed.
I said what, now? Could you re-read my posts, please?
I brought up some small problems with it, and in that same post said they probably didn't matter, here
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My post before that was made and posted without reading about adding shields to it, which means it wasn't properly about The Plan.
... Hm, alright, you can move up to null then. I did like your defense enough to get you out of scumlean territory.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2021, 06:59:22 pm »

You're not the only one who's been knocked out of The Plan's circle because of flaws. That's not worth this lynch.

No, but I can't help but read your defeatism and this half-hearted attempt to fight it, based on not even trying to understand it, and smell scumminess, mightmushroom
The plan works better with Monk. We can rez everyone back, then vet people by lynching and rezzing them.
I don't see a way for scum to win with The Plan, Using Monks. Can we declare a victory point for town, and play the game without a tedious yet near-certain win based on deterministic mechanics?
True. We can decide to use Monks or Surveyors on Day 2.

And that's just nonsense.
Nirur Torir is talking about using the Monk lvl.5 ability, how did you get to using monks D2?
And I assume you mean the Surveyor lvl.2 ability, because the surveyor lvl.1 isn't confirmable on the receiver's end thus way to easy to mess with. Only you're forcing everyone to get Merchant today, so the soonest you can guarantee people to have Surveyor lvl.2 is Night 3.

This is sounding more and more half-baked at best -- not thinking ahead, so pleased by your own cleverness.
It forces me to follow whatever ToonyMan says instead of making my own judgments => Not Fun and Not What I Signed Up To Do
And I can't participate even if I shrugged all that off.
We'd be choosing whether to go with monks or surveyors D2, not trying to use monk abilities on D2, on plan designed to keep as many as possible alive and collecting powerful abilities until they bloom in the late game.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2021, 07:00:02 pm »

EBWOP: I can't type names, sorry. mightymushroom

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2021, 07:08:11 pm »

Mamobo wishes everyone the best of luck!

Vote Count
------------------------
Caz - 0 -
Egan_BW - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 1 - webadict*,
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Juicebox - 0 -
LuckyOwl - 0 -
mightymushroom - 1 - Nirur Torir*,
Nirur Torir - 1 - mightymushroom*,
Secretdorf - 0 -
Toaster - 1 - Vector*,
ToonyMan - 3 - TricMagic*, Secretdorf*, Egan_BW*,
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
webadict - 0 -
No Lynch - 3 - ToonyMan*, Caz*, FallacyofUrist*,

Not Voting - 4 - LuckyOwl, Juicebox, Jim Groovester, Toaster,

8 to Hammer.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2021, 07:08:44 pm »

The ideal form of The Plan has a series of no lynches, not lynching everyone who defects or can't follow it. And even dead townies win when town wins.
There is little reason for town to feel defeated by, or threatened by, The Plan existing. (Potentially annoyed by the game focusing on it instead of being a standard game, yes)

Scum though? Yeah, they should be shaking in their boots while reading it, thinking about a town with more rezzers than the scum has kills, and not being able to do anything to stop The Plan's thunderous advance.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2021, 07:15:40 pm »

We'd be choosing whether to go with monks or surveyors D2, not trying to use monk abilities on D2, on plan designed to keep as many as possible alive and collecting powerful abilities until they bloom in the late game.

Oka, that part I genuinely did not understand.
Probably a little salty due to feeling badly excluded.

The ideal form of The Plan has a series of no lynches, not lynching everyone who defects or can't follow it. And even dead townies win when town wins.
There is little reason for town to feel defeated by, or threatened by, The Plan existing. (Potentially annoyed by the game focusing on it instead of being a standard game, yes)

Scum though? Yeah, they should be shaking in their boots while reading it, thinking about a town with more rezzers than the scum has kills, and not being able to do anything to stop The Plan's thunderous advance.

And I was sure there was talk about PoE'ing anyone who misbehaves.

Also, Unvote 'cause RVS was a while ago.
I need to go calm down.
And then reread more calmly.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2021, 07:16:55 pm »

I already made points. As for Rezzing, Necromacers exist. The Level 4 consume will likely occur before the level 5 res, and can result in a whole daisy-chain of destroyed bodies to rez. Particulaly if the Doge level 1 ability comes into play. Or if Scum decides to do full level 2 Doge and steal 3 townies votes.

... Thinking more on it, this seems like a plan for town to lose any sort of initiative and we all get lynched during the day without any votes to our names.. Reaching level 2 is a lot easier than 5.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2021, 07:23:44 pm »

GM Question: Doge Empower disallows duplicate actions. Does Necromancy Consume allow multiple Consume uses on the next turn?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2021, 07:25:50 pm »

I already made points. As for Rezzing, Necromacers exist. The Level 4 consume will likely occur before the level 5 res, and can result in a whole daisy-chain of destroyed bodies to rez. Particulaly if the Doge level 1 ability comes into play. Or if Scum decides to do full level 2 Doge and steal 3 townies votes.

... Thinking more on it, this seems like a plan for town to lose any sort of initiative and we all get lynched during the day without any votes to our names.. Reaching level 2 is a lot easier than 5.

Again, if they do any of this we will be able to see it because they won't be giving out shields :L

Also what do you think is going to happen as soon as someone pulls out using someone's stolen vote??

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 16, 2021, 07:30:01 pm »

Either game loss or they are revealed as mafia. The latter is putting all the chips on the table to kill us via democracy, but if we all went monks or merchants we wouldn't have any power to fight back. Only the fool can break this curse, and then we're down to luck.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21