Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 110862 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 4 - You Definitely Screwed Up
« Reply #1725 on: January 11, 2021, 07:54:05 pm »

-
Thanks! Makes sense, just checking that there wasn't a lock on that sort of thing in the last hour.

If they Tie, they out themselves and if we can prevent a nightkill like we have been consistently doing, then the game will be over for them. In a way, having them tie the lynch could be considered the preferable outcome for Town.
I suppose that's true.
One wheel short of a wagon

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: January 11, 2021, 07:56:38 pm »

As I trust Tric to smush Leafsnail flat, and I'd rather not spend ages longer thumbs-twiddling and I want an excuse to put up the Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 thread, I'm still voting to Shorten. Anyone else care to join me?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 11, 2021, 07:59:15 pm »

Shorten That's four. For all a minute does.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: January 11, 2021, 07:59:59 pm »

If Fallacy is scum, I'm sure NJW will be able to make a good argument for that case, but I can't leave this.

Less WIFOM filled, thank you.

"YOU CAN'T POINT TO ME BEING THE ONLY KILLER, THAT'S RIDICULOUS."

That's another strawman. I made my argument in my mega post and I'll gladly bring up the relevant excerpt again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Until now, you've been ignoring me bringing up the possibilities that your kills either replace the standard kill, or your buddies have been blocked each night, and keep insisting that it could only be from a gambit with you acting and ignoring the standard kill.

I replied to both of those possibilities. For the first one, I pointed out the fact that my kill leaves a calling card making it a shitty replacement, and when you countered with the idea that there may be other hidden bonuses to my nightkill that are worth the calling card, I responded promptly.

As for the possibility of my buddies being blocked each night, I concluded that it was a plausible scenario, but it would need to be proved with other evidence. Otherwise, you can't differentiate it from standard vigilante play. The vigilante is a normal mafia role you know? I dug up that quote in a previous response to you, but I don't have the time to do it again.

I can't be bothered to read the entire wall, when what I do read is enough wine to get me drunk.

So you're admitting to not doing your best to help the town? During LYLO? Maybe you haven't realized this yet, but if you lynch the wrong guy we lose! Scum have a strong advantage here and will use every trick they can to make you lynch a townie! And you can't be even be bothered to fully read a post?! If I wasn't already convinced you were scum I'd be screaming at you in all caps!

The worst case scenario is that you overlook a good point being made by a townie and get him lynched. Another thing that happens is that it makes you look bad, which could get you lynched and also cost the town a victory if you're town.

This kind of half-assed posting is a blatant scum tell, and do you know which scum you remind me of Nirur? You remind me of Jim.
You're scum, so I don't need to spend the time and energy twisting my mind trying to follow logic with missing foundations.
The worst case isn't overlooking a good point made by a townie. The worst case is getting taken up by letting scum convince me with pretty logic, while ignoring a basic point that undercuts their arguments.

If your mind is so feeble and gullible that you can't let yourself properly read a post because you're afraid of being convinced by bad scum logic, then you shouldn't be playing mafia. Period. Publicly destroying bad scum logic is how you clue the rest of the town into the fact that a person is scum and get them to vote for you.

Mafia is a game social deduction and analyzing posts. Refusing to analyze posts is refusing to play the game.

But that isn't true. It's an actual case against Leafsnail that he chooses to ignore, and what do you know? Leafsnail pulls out a holdout pistol once the main argument for lynching me collapses and the Town starts to turn against him. How can you not see this as an attempt by !ScumNirur Torir to defend his buddy?
It is true. It is WIFOM. "If we were scum we would have done this" is almost always WIFOM, and there's no need to put it into an attack against Leafsnail of all people. I suppose it wasn't exactly flipfloppy away from NJW, however.

Leafsnail of all people....

Leafsnail of all people.

Leafsnail is all but confirmed scum!
Yes.
Thus, there's no need to use confusing logic to vote for him, and doing so is suspicious.

He was only revealed as scum because of my case and Trickmagic revealing Excalibur. I pursued a suspicion and it brought fruit. It was everything but unnecessary.

What I am attacking is your idea that !townyou would have placed a vote and risked a quickhammer without considering the feelings of the rest of the town.
But I didn't. Please explain your problem with me putting a vote on you that didn't put you in quickhammer range.

More misrepresentations. I accused you of believing the weak Fake Excalibur argument. You countered by saying that you didn't believe it, saying that if you believed it you would have placed a vote. I countered by saying that even if you did believe it, !toownyou still wouldn't have placed the vote since it would risk getting me hammered.

Now you're saying that I have a problem with you placing a vote. No TIME!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: January 11, 2021, 08:00:47 pm »

Anyone who posts after this will be fucking modkilled.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: January 11, 2021, 08:27:21 pm »

Seven sets of eyes turn their attention towards Leafsnail. At first, Leafsnail smiles, then laughs, slapping their knee. They wipe away a tear, their coat falling open. A torrent of blood hits the arena floor.

"I've been dead this whole time, and nobody even knew until now, did you?" The blood slows to a consistency of cranberry sauce, glopping onto the floor. Leafsnail looks into TricMagic's eyes. "I know it won't do anything, but I really want you to know just how careless you were, girl. In fact," they say, signalling everyone, "all of you played the part perfectly. I couldn't've picked a better audience. I was already at -1 HP."

Leafsnail breaks away from the eyelock and does a bow, spilling more blood and guts onto the arena floor. They fire the Hold-Out Blaster at TricMagic, but it appears to do nothing. Leafsnail is then lifted and taken backstage, laughing the entire way back.

webadict only shakes his head. "You caught the Mafia," he says, nonplussed. "Why don't you give yourselves a round of applause. Was it enough? Probably not. But, you're not all dead. Yet."

Vote Count
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
heydude6 - 0 -
Leafsnail - 2 - TricMagic*, TricMagic*,
Luckyowl - 0 -
Nirur Torir - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 6 - Nirur Torir, Luckyowl*, NJW2000, FallacyofUrist*, heydude6*,

4 to Hammer. Day ends on January 11, 2021 at 19:00 CST.

Leafsnail has been lynched.

Leafsnail was Schrödinger's Cat (mafia).

It is now Night.

Night ends on January 12, 2021 at 19:00 CST (Approximately 23 hours from this post.)

Role Name: Schrödinger's Cat
Alignment: Meowfia
Wincon: You win when your team equals or outnumbers the remaining players and there are no ways to stop you.
Shenanigans: 10
Abilities:
{PT} (Auto) Observed: At the beginning of the game, you start with the roles Schrödinger's Cat - Dead and Schrödinger's Cat - Living and pick one to be your Observed role. You may change your Observed role once per Night Phase. Whenever another player uses an action on you, you learn that action. If no player uses an action on you, you may use an action from each role you control.
(Information - Role) Schrödinger's Cat - Dead
{PT} (Auto) Dead Cats Can’t Tell Tails: If this is your Observed role, Inspects against you always return Town as the result.
(Night) Superposition [target]: Swap places with the target. Any abilities that target them target you instead, and vice versa.
{P3/7} (Mafiakill) Collapse the Waveform [target]: Kill the target. Block the target.
(Information - Role) Schrödinger's Cat - Living
{PT} (Auto) Still Alive: If this is your Observed role, you cannot die as a result of abilities.
{P7} (1-Shot, Mafiakill) Thought Experiment [target]: With a many-worlds interpretation, there exists a universe where you have the target’s ability. Kill the target. If the target died, pick an ability from that player to add to any role you have access to.
(Day) Swipe [target]: Steal a random Item the target has.
(Day, Mafiakill) Zeno Effect [target]: Kill the target. You cannot use the Mafiakill during this Night Phase. You cannot use this ability on Day 1.
(Information - Role) Schrödinger's Cat - Undead
(Auto) Many-Worlds: This role unlocks if you use each ability of Schrödinger's Cat - Dead and Schrödinger's Cat - Living at least once. When this role is unlocked, any player of your alignment may use its abilities even while you are dead. Using these abilities notifies all living players of its use if this role's player is dead.
(Auto) Both And Neither: If this is your Observed role, players that use blocks, redirects, or randomizations on you instead target another random player.
{P8} (1-Shot, Mafiakill) Parallel Double [target]: Go to a parallel world where the target is Mafia and swap the target with them. Recruit the target.
{P10} (1-Shot, Night) Return Of The Living Dead [target]: Restore the target to their original role.
(1-Shot, Day) Quantum Image: All players have one vote during this Phase. Players cannot gain votes this Phase.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Night 4 - You Only Had One Shot
« Reply #1731 on: January 12, 2021, 07:51:59 pm »

Western music begins to play through old speakers in the arena. We see our remaining six players, each hiding through the newly placed scenry, eyes glancing this way and that, looking for their hidden counterparts. Leafsnail's laughs punctuate a chord, and the group takes it as a starting shot.

heydude6 begins counting his Ammo. He can't remember if he's fired six shots, or if it was only five, but he sees an opening between a cardboard carriage and a wax figure and another between two plastic oversized horses. The Gungeoneer fires a shot from his Helix. The carriage explodes in a fireball, out of which drives FallacyofUrist in... four different Speedwagons. FallacyofUrist jumps expertly from one to the other with catlike Agility, dodging the debris with a few flicks of their Tail. On their final expert landing, you see them transform into Ronald McDonald. The clown begins throwing french Fries randomly, and while they don't look dangerous, heydude6 doesn't want to take the chance.

Luckyowl takes this moment to rush from their hiding spot, backflipping over one of the cars and somersaulting through the barrage of fries, letting out a cheer on each hop. Luckyowl slides into position right behind heydude6 and begins cheering. Luckyowl doesn't even give heydude6 a chance to explain before telling him that they're Captain of the Cheerleader Squad, and that they've got some backup, pointing towards an open window where NJW2000, the Rock Lobster, waves from. The claw dips back under its shell.

TricMagic, on the other hand, begins to hop from rooftop to rooftop, slowing time down with their Time Stop Hat, and throwing a barrage of explosive potions with their Brewing Hat. The potions take out three of the cars, veering them through the backdrop, of which a number of screams happen from backstage. TricMagic, the Hat Kid, jumps down and stands face-to-face with FallacyofUrist.

Meanwhile, a little ways off, a pizza rolls itself onto the scene. It seems to be missing all of its toppings, but Tric and FallacyofUrist merely stare at it. They look at each other and shrug, before the None Pizza Left Beef begins to wrap itself in a Chrysalis. TricMagic and FallacyofUrist begin fighting.

Luckyowl lifts heydude6 to his feet and asks for help, never stopping to let heydude6 even answer the question. Instead, Nirur Torir jumps out of the chrysalis as a beautiful Butterfly and moves to attack heydude6. NJW2000 responds quickly and defensively, throwing a No Bonk Badge on Nirur Torir, and lands in front of the two. Luckyowl and NJW2000 take fighting positions, and behind them, a gun fires.

Luckyowl falls to the ground. NJW2000 tries their best to resist, a majority of the shot bouncing off the shell. A Doppelganger falls somewhere in the audience. heydude6 laughs, resonating with Leafsnail's pitch and tone, and heydude6 says, "I'm a Parallel Double, you FOO--

webadict stops writing, crumples the page, and throws it into the wastebasket. It bounces off several other similar balled-up papers, landing on the floor. The room has clothes and books strewn about, and he looks towards the clock. It's 4 AM, and he cannot sleep.

"I can't fix it. It doesn't really matter anymore, does it? One mistake on top of many. Plot holes, inconsistencies, and forgotten actions. It's unsalvageable." He takes the entire notebook and throws it against the wall, where several sheets fly in different directions. webadict gets up out of his chair and looks at the other sheet. A solid Town win by a pretty sizable margin. He rolls his eyes.

He sighs, and starts writing again. Behind him, the doorknob twists, and a shadow enters the room. It digs through the trash quietly, whirring slightly, before exiting the room just as quick. It unfolds the sheet of paper in the darkness, writing on the paper with a pencil. Mamobo's eyes lighting it up for us to see.

And everyone lived happily ever after.

The robot hugs the paper and hides it inside itself.

Leafsnail, Nirur Torir, Jim Groovester, FallacyofUrist, and heydude6 win.

Mamobo has revealed a role: Happy Ending.

Role Name: Happy Ending
Shenanigans: 0
(Auto) No Spoilers: Your role is revealed at the end of the game instead of the beginning. Reveal this ability instead.
(Auto) Happy Ending: Depending on the end result, no players will be harmed in-game.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)
« Reply #1732 on: January 12, 2021, 07:53:10 pm »

And that's the game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: January 12, 2021, 08:01:08 pm »

Fuck Town.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: January 12, 2021, 08:05:52 pm »

Did Webadict just ragequit?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: January 12, 2021, 08:07:24 pm »

Mafia why did you let Day 4 go on and on? It was obvious who you were and you had already won, why drag the game out?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: January 12, 2021, 08:08:01 pm »

Did Webadict just ragequit?

I understand though. Know that we still love you. You had to deal with a lot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: January 12, 2021, 08:09:32 pm »

Game was mechanically locked in favor of scum.  This isn't the first time I've seen the game end in a mafia win off maf lynch.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: January 12, 2021, 08:11:11 pm »

I'll admit I don't understand what world Leaf wasn't lynched on D3.  A quick analysis of EoD 1 would have found that flipped scum Jim was strongly against a Leaf counterwagon and kill-redirector FoU only hopped on the wagon as a token vote and bailed the moment it gained traction.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: January 12, 2021, 08:12:44 pm »

I'll be damned, NJW wasn't scum after all. Deadchat.

Cheers, Wubba. Thank you for the game.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 122