Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111237 times)

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 2 - Fixed The Glitch
« Reply #1035 on: December 31, 2020, 01:12:41 pm »

I thought that was Mamobo with [No Spoilers].
(Auto) Death’s On Vacation: While you are alive, other players no longer die normally. Instead, players that die will become Wayward Souls for one Phase instead, and have access to a unique ability based on their role. You also gain access to Soul Chat, put you are unable to post in it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 31, 2020, 01:15:21 pm »

ICT: anyone you disagree with being in my towncore? I'm looking for thoughts specifically on NJW, though obviously the others if you also disagree with those.
I disagree with some points, but my current read list involves mechanical knowledge I'm not yet ready to publish.

In that regard I can give you a No Bonk badge dolores. I got the pons for it and another.
Where did you get those pons?

IcyTea:
Did you have a specific reason to watch Vector? -- Vector was targeted a lot because of seniority, I suppose...
You answered your own question. Add to that the big rant raising attention and you've got it.

Pon~

Buys a No Bonk Badges. One for Toaster. I can pick that one up later.

To note, I get 100 pons each cycle. So 200. Not to mention the free pons everyone got, so that's three. There is also a very easy way to confirm if Toaster is telling the truth, shoot him. If he's town and it stacks up, Heydude can be lynched posthaste, and Icytea is no longer free from suspicion. It should be remembered who started the Chinese Fire Drill though.

You know what?

Chinese Fire Drill on NQT.

If other people are gonna back it up, let's go.

I'm not going to lynch them on the word of someone I can't trust.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 31, 2020, 01:17:46 pm »

ICT: anyone you disagree with being in my towncore? I'm looking for thoughts specifically on NJW, though obviously the others if you also disagree with those.
I disagree with some points, but my current read list involves mechanical knowledge I'm not yet ready to publish.

In that regard I can give you a No Bonk badge dolores. I got the pons for it and another.
Where did you get those pons?

IcyTea:
Did you have a specific reason to watch Vector? -- Vector was targeted a lot because of seniority, I suppose...
You answered your own question. Add to that the big rant raising attention and you've got it.

Pon~

Buys a No Bonk Badges. One for Toaster. I can pick that one up later.

To note, I get 100 pons each cycle. So 200. Not to mention the free pons everyone got, so that's three. There is also a very easy way to confirm if Toaster is telling the truth, shoot him. If he's town and it stacks up, Heydude can be lynched posthaste, and Icytea is no longer free from suspicion. It should be remembered who started the Chinese Fire Drill though.

You know what?

Chinese Fire Drill on NQT.

If other people are gonna back it up, let's go.

I'm not going to lynch them on the word of someone I can't trust.

Messed up formatting it seems.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 31, 2020, 01:18:06 pm »

Wait? Why do you want to lynch me Trick?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 31, 2020, 01:19:37 pm »

Buys a No Bonk Badge. One for Toaster. I can pick that one up later.

Also this should be bolded. Just the 1 please Badge seller.

... I mixed something up didn't I?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 31, 2020, 01:20:44 pm »

Dolores:
Toaster
What do you think about the fact that NQT just said that he was posting from phone and genuinely thought "his head was on the block"?
Speaking of IcyTea and 4maskwolf, IcyTea and by extension 4maskwolf are mafia.  I have reason to suspect we should lynch 4maskwolf first and IcyTea tomorrow (or better yet someone shoot him at night.)
Gonna let us in on what this is?

I had a limited inspect I thought would be great to use on one of them as a two-for-one deal.  I got a nice big red mafia result.  I'm 100% not going to sit on that kind of result.

Wait no, think I'm right? Just the wrong name entirely? Sorry Heydude.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 31, 2020, 01:38:49 pm »

Put simply, I don't trust Toaster. If they are town and telling the truth, we break open the Mason claim. If they are Scum, the gambit fails and we are 1 step closer to victory. Kinda needs a daykiller to step up, but town for scum sounds good. Scum for keeping the mason pair alive is also good, they'd probably want to destroy it, and everyone else other than a key few targeted Vector apparently.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 1 - The Badge Seller
« Reply #1042 on: December 31, 2020, 01:51:07 pm »

The Tric accusation reminded me that there is something I need to address before I leave.

Again, it it's T/T/T, scum don't need to do anything. If it's M/T/T, then they need a final push on NQT or Tric to make it happen. Everything is happening quickly though. I make myself look dodgy by double voting Tric, using Tric's own vote. It's a self-preservation move but I got the calculus wrong, I thought the Leafsnail vote couldn't happen at this point and so I moved to Tric. (Won't lie, there was a bit of outraged OMGUS about this after Tric attacked me). But the very act of doing this gives cause for others to vote me and the Leafsnail vote completely collapses as Toony and later Juicebox move off of it and onto me instead, while Vector and Toaster shift to Tric, and Heydude crawls out of the woodwork and decides to vote me.

Initial Analysis

Players that acted to save Leafsnail when it looked like Leafsnail might die:
Fallacy (sort of)
Heydude6
+ if they were on a fake bus before:
Toaster
Vector

If Leafsnail is mafia, then Heydude6 would be a good fit for a team mate, and Tric a secondary possibility.

Looking at team Leafsnail: I don't really buy Vector and Toaster, given that they didn't need to bus Leafsnail that close to the wire when there were other options. Heydude sort of helped Leafsnail out but it was marginal. When it did come down to the wire, a lot of players questioned a Leafsnail lynch but I don't see that any stuck their neck out. This doesn't mean leafsnail can't be scum (mafia often bus or let their teammates die through distancing) but just that nobody is massively implicated if he does flip scum.

If you really think that I voted for you just to protect Leafsnail, then you've got another thing coming.

By the time I got back onto here, Leafsnail was already in the clear.

I voted for you because of what YOU did and for no other reason! I was too busy writing my big post to pay any attention to what kind of End-of-Day shenanigans were going on. I had no idea Leafsnail was even in any danger.

Spoiler: The post (click to show/hide)

Do you think the guy who was writing that had any time to pay attention to what was going on? After I finished my post, I decided to look through the most recent set of posts and saw this:

TricMagic, TricMagic okay let's get rid of this unhelpful player.

and in response posted this:

NQT

Fuck those shenanigans.

Because that's what you do when you see blatant vote manipulation.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 31, 2020, 01:54:22 pm »

Toaster TMI'd something critically important.  I wish it had stayed hidden from the scum longer, but it means we no longer have to keep some things secret.

If I die, IcyTea dies.  It's one of the tradeoffs for our very powerful roles.  This is why Toaster is willing to stick his neck out to challenge the masonclaim, and why he wants me lynched before IcyTea.  My flip would confirm Icy, but by then it would already be too late.

The inverse, for the record, is not true: Icytea can die without killing me, though it does weaken me somewhat.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 1 - The Badge Seller
« Reply #1044 on: December 31, 2020, 01:56:30 pm »

IcyTea:
I had a limited inspect I thought would be great to use on one of them as a two-for-one deal.  I got a nice big red mafia result.
How many actions did you perform last night?

I had the opportunity to use more than one.

Heydude:
Toaster. Let me use your logic to more convincingly argue for the opposite conclusion

-----snip----

Don't give him a free pass Toaster. It very well could be this:

a genius/*intelligence-slur* gambit by !scumNQT to push a lynch on Toony

Eeehhhhhhhhhhh it could be.  I'm not calling NQT confirmed by any means; he's just off my radar right now, certainly at least until we get the Icy/4mask scum lynched.  I think Rash Panicky NQT leans town and Cool Calculated NQT is more likely to be scum under your premise, but it's a thing that bears investigation.

TricMagic:
Buys a No Bonk Badge. One for Toaster. I can pick that one up later.

Sure, that's fine.  Badge me.

4mask:
Toaster TMI'd something critically important.  I wish it had stayed hidden from the scum longer, but it means we no longer have to keep some things secret.

If I die, IcyTea dies.  It's one of the tradeoffs for our very powerful roles.  This is why Toaster is willing to stick his neck out to challenge the masonclaim, and why he wants me lynched before IcyTea.  My flip would confirm Icy, but by then it would already be too late.

The inverse, for the record, is not true: Icytea can die without killing me, though it does weaken me somewhat.

Cool, saves us a day.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: December 31, 2020, 01:58:17 pm »

When did he "TMI" (Too much information?) this? I see no evidence of it in his posts.

IcyTea:
How many actions did you perform last night?

I had the opportunity to use more than one.
Toaster, this isn't an answer.
One wheel short of a wagon

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 31, 2020, 01:59:17 pm »

NJW:  Well, actually, I know what Icy's going after, which means scum knows, which means everyone should know.

I also actioned Vector last night.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 31, 2020, 02:01:18 pm »

When did he "TMI" (Too much information?) this? I see no evidence of it in his posts.
I have reason to suspect we should lynch 4maskwolf first and IcyTea tomorrow (or better yet someone shoot him at night.)
His ordering.

NJW:  Well, actually, I know what Icy's going after, which means scum knows, which means everyone should know.

I also actioned Vector last night.
You did, yes.  You were not the only one, but you were one of them.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: December 31, 2020, 02:07:44 pm »

Well, seems we've found a topic of the day. Toaster however could have done it to draw attention from previous topics. Do you have something other than 1 of many actions you said you did? Why did he call a Chinese Fire Drill for example?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: December 31, 2020, 02:13:37 pm »

I'd be good on a massclaim of night actions/roles at this point. I think that knowing if Toaster was redirected, or having scum's fake actions on record, would be very valuable right around now.

I'll start. I'm town. My role is "light shenanigans," with shenanigans level 9 (yes, I know. bad joke). The core of my role is that I can target someone, including myself, and modify their role by up to two of eight themes . . . lightly. I can use this role modification once per phase.

Yesterday, during Day Phase, I targeted myself and gained an auto action. I can go into more detail about the auto when it becomes necessary. That auto action currently has no effect.

During Night Phase, as previously mentioned, I wanted an action I could actually use right now, so I targeted myself again and put on the Dweller Mask. I was blocked and didn't gain any actions.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 122