Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111035 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 1 - The Badge Seller
« Reply #795 on: December 29, 2020, 07:01:31 pm »

So as mentioned earlier, I've been looking over Leafsnail's posts.

He's only made nine total during this Day 1.

Spoiler: Post 1 (click to show/hide)
Commentary on the setup's construction, in response to dolores' RVS question.

Spoiler: Post 2 (click to show/hide)
A bunch of meta talk, and some more RVS response setup talk.

Spoiler: Post 3 (click to show/hide)
RVS vote on Tric.

Spoiler: Post 4 (click to show/hide)
Questioning Tric about why he clarified the reasons behind buying the offered badge.

Spoiler: Post 5 (click to show/hide)
Stating that he finds Vector scummy because Vector seems to be 'noncommittal'.

Spoiler: Post 6 (click to show/hide)
States that lynching Tric is a 'no-brainer' because of Tric's third-partyness. This bit does seem scummy to me - not bothering to press Vector on the 'noncommittal' stuff, as well as sustaining his vote on the perceived easy lynch.

Ninja'd by a lot of people, but I'll comment on just one of those posts for now.

I'm voting them over Leafsnail cause I believe he is mafia. Leafsnail doesn't give me any real info. Or anyone else. Trying to shift the vote to them is suspect as Day 2 is going to be nearly as exhausting as day 1. I'd take a self-lynch over a leaf-lynch. At least town would get info out of that.
Oddly enough I find this to be the most towny thing Tric's said so far. Genuine concern over how much information will be netted from the lynch, which is one of my concerns as well.

Spoiler: Post 7 (click to show/hide)
Questioning Tric. Third party read not as solid as before?

Spoiler: Post 8 (click to show/hide)
Mentions not having much time over the past few days, as well as affirming that Tric is either third party or scum and should be lynched for that reason.

Spoiler: Post 9 (click to show/hide)
Unclear to me.

End result? There's some shiftiness, but I have a hard time solidly reading Leafsnail as either scum or town.

It doesn't help that I haven't played years of games with him to allow for a meta read, though.

But I don't like that notquitethere is trying to get us to pile on the person who's barely posted at all today for no solid reason whatsoever that I can see. It's almost like he doesn't want ToonyMan lynched.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 29, 2020, 07:02:49 pm »

You know what?

Chinese Fire Drill on NQT.

If other people are gonna back it up, let's go.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 29, 2020, 07:03:12 pm »

What the hell is going on?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 29, 2020, 07:04:31 pm »

This is why it's never too late.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 29, 2020, 07:05:02 pm »

One of NQT or Toonyman is going to flip today, and there may actually be a chance I get the one I want the most.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 29, 2020, 07:05:14 pm »

More or less what I was going to say. I feel like D1 is going to be practically unusable at this rate.

4mask: You just sent us back to no-lynch. Is that what you want?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 29, 2020, 07:05:44 pm »

One of NQT or Toonyman is going to flip today, and there may actually be a chance I get the one I want the most.

Right now, if I'm counting correctly, NO ONE is going to flip.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 29, 2020, 07:06:03 pm »

More or less what I was going to say. I feel like D1 is going to be practically unusable at this rate.

4mask: You just sent us back to no-lynch. Is that what you want?
I'm here till Day End, I'm not going to let it end on no-lynch.

What, did you think I was gonna call for a CFD and then disappear?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 29, 2020, 07:07:17 pm »

You count incorrectly. At this point Leafsnail is going to die. though no flip is also possible. 4mask, this really isn't the time to be trying this.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 29, 2020, 07:07:53 pm »

@Leafsnail:
Are you going to leave your vote on TricMagic? If not, who are you voting?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 29, 2020, 07:08:25 pm »

I would respond to the case against me, but it doesn't really seem like there is one beyond "my postcount is the lowest". This is true, but honestly I don't think I've even posted unreasonably little content by the standards of most mafia games I've played in the past - this is just a very high-activity game, I assume because a lot of other players are alone without all that much else to do. I appreciate that it's frustrating to have a player who cannot give that same level of engagement, but I have tried to post as much content as I can given my lack of time over this period.

I maintain that Tric is an extremely good lynch and I am disappointed that he seems to have wriggled out of it for as far as I can tell no reason. Nothing I've seen against ToonyMan is convincing and I think people are mistaking dolores posting a lot of words for having built a good case against him. Please actually read the case and think about whether the contradictions dol is seeing actually exist, or whether they're just him failing to make logical connections in TM's posts.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 29, 2020, 07:08:53 pm »

I'll say this (again?) just to be clear:
I don't have a problem with killing Leafsnail. I want Leafsnail dead. I would prefer a ToonyMan lynch, because I haven't yet been fully convinced that leafsnail is scum, but if I could lynch twice and had to choose now, it'd be toony and leaf.
Leaf was my 3rd stronger scumpick when I posted the longform reads, after Toony (my favored lynch candidate) and Tric (who I don't especially think is scum, but rather just is/was playing against town interests). That hasn't changed.

NQT lynch is a worse leafsnail lynch. The desire not to see Toony die is suspicious as fuck, but it's in line with NQT's meta for him to prefer the leafsnail lynch. I'd rather see leafsnail dead than NQT. I don't have strong enough feelings about either of them to unvote toony.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 29, 2020, 07:09:10 pm »

. . . . Additionally, I want to be clear to all y'all that I consider NQT to be less scummy than Toony. I'm good with Leafsnail or Tric (yes, I know the latter isn't on the block, still) and ~ok~ with Toony, but I'm not voting for NQT.

What, did you think I was gonna call for a CFD and then disappear?

I'm making sure that if that happens, it doesn't happen by accident.

You count incorrectly. At this point Leafsnail is going to die. though no flip is also possible. 4mask, this really isn't the time to be trying this.

Good. Thank you.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 29, 2020, 07:10:41 pm »

As I said, I'm here till day end, so I can change my vote

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 29, 2020, 07:11:04 pm »

I assume because a lot of other players are alone without all that much else to do.

accurate :c

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 122