Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 68773 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!
« Reply #810 on: December 19, 2020, 04:03:07 pm »

So, uh, how did the Merging effect the game outcome?

You guys made it considerably easier for them to get out alive. By taking out the command center guy you stopped the fighters from being called in early, which would have caused a dogfight at the end. That could have been...problematic for the survivors. Quite likely one or more of them would have been blown up.

I'm curious: had we committed mutual suicide N1, would we all have won?

Yes, you would have. I'd probably have called it some sort of snarky 'Moral Victory' or something, since you'd all be dead and the game masters wouldn't have gotten their show. But it'd have been a victory.

I should also say that playing the game straight would also have worked. If anyone had been the last Exterminator standing they'd have gotten a full victory (with KOR reward and whatnot).

My guiding mantra for this once we moved past day 1 was 'Creativity should be rewarded'. It became a free form RPG, and anything within reason was allowed.

Like calling in the repair ship. I wasn't expecting that, but it was smart! And if it was kept secret (only via PMs) it might have worked for getting a few people off the station early.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 04:10:56 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 19, 2020, 04:15:21 pm »

I'm sorry to Juicebox and 4maskwolf for leading to your demises and causing you to lose.

I'm sorry to Jim for doubting him at first.

I'm not sorry for Webadict's demise because it looks like he won anyway so I'm sure he's cool with it now.

Lastly, fuck you Caz.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: December 19, 2020, 04:19:38 pm »

Wait, 4maskwolf, TricMagic and juicebox didn't change their wincons? That was kinda the whole reason to do the Merging...
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 19, 2020, 04:21:12 pm »

I have just been informed Meph has handed over the controls for the wrap-up to me. Let's have some fun with this, shall we?

For the final panel I will be accepting ALL SUGGESTIONS, this could get really weird! Spend your KOR(see totals, above) to influence how much impact your suggestion will have. Players may also merge their funds under the same suggestion.

If you wish to send it by PM, please add both myself and Mephansteras as recipients.

Epilogue Phase ends Wednesday at 5pm PST!

200 Cor for an investigation team from the sponsors, maybe see the remaining ships taking off on their own.

My wincon was Web's wincon. Didn't much care? Such is death.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 19, 2020, 04:32:34 pm »

Wait, 4maskwolf, TricMagic and juicebox didn't change their wincons? That was kinda the whole reason to do the Merging...

Yeah, none of them PM'd me to say they wanted to change their win-con or what to change it to. Going along with the merging did mean they didn't lose as bad, kinda, but to win they needed to actually talk with me about it.

Unless I missed a PM, which I don't think I did but is possible.

If that's the case, they can just forward the PM again and I'll update things.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 19, 2020, 04:34:42 pm »

I'm just going to take a karmic victory over that responder who thought the Intel was funny. And want to see what the other ships are named.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 19, 2020, 04:40:54 pm »

Huh.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 19, 2020, 04:47:15 pm »

I'm sorry to Juicebox and 4maskwolf for leading to your demises and causing you to lose.

I'm sorry to Jim for doubting him at first.

I'm not sorry for Webadict's demise because it looks like he won anyway so I'm sure he's cool with it now.

Lastly, fuck you Caz.
Lol, I was actually trying to get you to join us in the Merge, and you would've learned the secret: We were only Exterminators because we were told we were Exterminators.

When I died, I was really trying to figure out what I could do to win, because I figured there were technically the easy ways to win--Exterminitus--but there must be a hard way to win. So, I literally just thought: "Why is my wincon still to kill everyone? I never followed that. But, it can't be survival anymore." And I PMed Meph to change my wincon to "Jim Groovester wins." And Meph let me do it, the madman.

At that point, the game had been broken: There were no rules. I wanted to tell everyone that on TP2, but we also were wary because ToonyMan, Caz, and heydude6 were still murdering people.

Also, had I known the extent of what I could do, I would've stun bombed ToonyMan and broken his limbs on HP1. Or like, one limb. Just enough limbs to teach him that there were rules.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 19, 2020, 04:53:38 pm »

'Twas the rollerskates that ensured victory, I'm sure of it.

(Completely lost at the RP aspect of the game, especially the merging ghosts, but cool story and arts :D)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #819 on: December 19, 2020, 04:58:33 pm »

but cool story and arts :D
Thanks! I hope you like what you guys make for the ending.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 19, 2020, 04:59:52 pm »

Lol, I was actually trying to get you to join us in the Merge, and you would've learned the secret: We were only Exterminators because we were told we were Exterminators.
There wasn't enough in-game time for either me or Luckyowl to have a chance of winning, we died too late. I feel bad for Luckyowl because he was innocent but had no chance of victory. He just made the extremely poor call to lie about stuff deadchat could confirm and then proceeded to PULL A GUN OUT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE.

EDIT:
I can post all of my PMs later.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 05:01:27 pm by ToonyMan »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 19, 2020, 05:28:31 pm »

I enjoyed that. I was looking forward to discussing the game as it went forward in deadchat but then webadict went and broke everything and made it such that deadchat became a part of the game, so I became an observer at that point.

Can't say I'm disappointed in how things turned out though, Meph gave me a link to the Merging qt, so I got to see how things were developing with the ghosties while being mostly oblivious to the stuff the living were doing.

Highly enjoyable stuff!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 19, 2020, 05:36:29 pm »

I enjoyed that. I was looking forward to discussing the game as it went forward in deadchat but then webadict went and broke everything and made it such that deadchat became a part of the game, so I became an observer at that point.

Can't say I'm disappointed in how things turned out though, Meph gave me a link to the Merging qt, so I got to see how things were developing with the ghosties while being mostly oblivious to the stuff the living were doing.

Highly enjoyable stuff!

Yeah, reading the 'merging' chat there was a lot going on separately. Maybe we should have focused more on making the psychic mind-shield antenna thing instead of the psychic scanner which only seemed to be able to locate the psychic emitter (which I still can't tell if that had any use at the end either) :s since without it the ghosts couldn't communicate really.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 19, 2020, 05:37:53 pm »

Eh, not too much probably? You could hack it to send out custom ads or messages. Or turn off the ads. But you found it a bit late in the process to be all that useful.
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 19, 2020, 06:57:17 pm »

Oh, it's over.

That was probably some of the most fun I've ever had playing a game of mafia. I want to say I probably had the most fun out of any player this game but doing quick browse through of the now available information that may not be true.

I'll get around to posting the PMs I exchanged at some point. There's stuff I want to mention.

. . .

I guess I didn't need to kill Luckyowl, huh? Oh, well.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 62