Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 68758 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!
« Reply #840 on: December 20, 2020, 01:25:44 am »

@Jim:
On your way you get a pair of messages on your communicator:
Bounty Kill confirmed on juicebox
1220 KOR has been transferred to your Account. Your balance is now 1320 KOR.
Wait, Jim you got paid 1220 KOR for Juicebox? What is this shit? Everyone else got 1000 KOR.

I CHEATED

I'll post all my PMs (there's A LOT) but the gist of it is that I sent a message to the viewers to start a donation war for how I should kill juicebox. Meph increased the bounty with the top suggestion being to kill juicebox with a knife from the shadows.

So not only did I not kill juicebox, but I also got paid extra to not kill him.

I have just been informed Meph has handed over the controls for the wrap-up to me. Let's have some fun with this, shall we?

For the final panel I will be accepting ALL SUGGESTIONS, this could get really weird! Spend your KOR(see totals, above) to influence how much impact your suggestion will have. Players may also merge their funds under the same suggestion. Otherwise, 1 suggestion per person.

If you wish to send it by PM, please add both myself and Mephansteras as recipients.

Epilogue Phase ends Wednesday at 5pm PST!

I am going to spend all the KOR that everybody else sent me to put my digital likeness front and center and as prominently as possible. I want everybody to surmise from the final panel alone that I was the central figure of the game.

Also, webadict's plasma bomb is a storied character in this game, so make sure it appears somewhere as well.

Also get Meph in there as well. It could not have been a small amount of work being the moderator for this game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 20, 2020, 01:31:19 am »

Why is Jim always the protagonist. :(

You won Bastard Paranormal 2 too when most players didn't...like me...

EDIT:
Everything I did for myself ended up only benefiting you. Killing Webadict gave you ghost minions, killing Juicebox gave you 1220 KOR, antagonizing Caz made them target me even though you were their bounty, arrrrgh!!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 01:36:50 am by ToonyMan »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 20, 2020, 01:44:15 am »

I have just been informed Meph has handed over the controls for the wrap-up to me. Let's have some fun with this, shall we?

For the final panel I will be accepting ALL SUGGESTIONS, this could get really weird! Spend your KOR(see totals, above) to influence how much impact your suggestion will have. Players may also merge their funds under the same suggestion. Otherwise, 1 suggestion per person.

If you wish to send it by PM, please add both myself and Mephansteras as recipients.

I am going to spend all the KOR that everybody else sent me to put my digital likeness front and center and as prominently as possible. I want everybody to surmise from the final panel alone that I was the central figure of the game.

Wow...

Somehow this feels like a bigger betrayal than if he just killed us all.

And I thought you were nice.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 20, 2020, 01:58:44 am »

EDIT:
Everything I did for myself ended up only benefiting you. Killing Webadict gave you ghost minions, killing Juicebox gave you 1220 KOR, antagonizing Caz made them target me even though you were their bounty, arrrrgh!!!

I dunno, man, try buying the name brand of plot armor instead of the knock off brand.

I MEAN, unlike BP1 and BP2, we all started off with the same footing, so you had just as much opportunity as I did, but I'll grant you that once the game started there were definitely a lot of things that went my way, most of which I don't really think anybody could have reasonably predicted.

Wow...

Somehow this feels like a bigger betrayal than if he just killed us all.

And I thought you were nice.

This is where I thump my chest and say I earned it, regardless of how true or accurate that is.

Thanks for giving Shakerag all your money.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 20, 2020, 02:02:06 am »

I'm reading through dead chat and the Merging. I never quite clearly got the messages you were sending or what you intended to send. When I post the PMs you'll see what I mean. Clearly there was enough effective communication to get some stuff done though. If I had known (clearly) that you guys were going to vengeful guard me during Hunt Phase 2 I might have been more aggressive with the RP and the exploration instead of the bunkering down that I did (even though it would have been moot because of the stun bomb).

What's the stuff in dead chat about the psychic presence in the mines?

I really wanted to take over the station and start a merry little Exterminator pirate band. I wonder if at the end had I convinced people to stick around and fight it out at the mining station if I could've made that happen.

I think some of my favorite moments from this game are when heydude6 told me via PM he was going to take me up on my offer to hide in the airlock after initially refusing me. Also, Shakerag's post after me and heydude6 had ventilated Luckyowl. No interest in the scene that had just played out, just 'hey guys I've still got the replicator charge'.

Meph mentioned there were about 800 PMs and it appears that I account for roughly 25% of them. Once I learned that it was that kind of game I went nuts and probably would've done even more if Meph was as glued to his computer as I was glued to mine for much of the game. I'll post all the PMs I have but since I sent 200 and received who knows how many, this will take a while.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 20, 2020, 02:05:13 am »

EDIT:

People just don't like killing Jim in Bastard Paranormals, I guess. I mean, he literally had bounties on his head this time and...still nothing.

Personally, I'm glad, because he and web were the two who really picked up on the 'Freeform RPG' thing and started to run with it. Web of course died early, but at least he figured out that he could still do stuff as a ghost.

It'd have been a bit boring if no one figured out that they could just do stuff.

And, yeah, Jim sent me a LOT of PMs. He definitely needed his own quicktopic.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 20, 2020, 02:39:00 am »

Haha, this game looks insane. I don't in any meaningful sense regret not joining because I barely had time for anything in the middle of the quarter, but I'm impressed by the amount of Bastard in this here paranormal.

Cheers to all.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 20, 2020, 03:46:41 am »

I wonder how well a freeform RPG/mafia game much like this one but with actual teams and win conditions would play out. It would probably be an absolute monster of a game to run but I think I'd probably have a lot of fun at the very least.

The most intense and engaging parts of this game were when I was wondering and worrying about a coordinated team of people going opposing me. E.G., hiding from ToonyMan and Caz during Hunt Phase 2, and when I was worried Luckyowl was gloating about an imminent victory and was about to shoot me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 20, 2020, 03:50:43 am »

I'll continue this tomorrow.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 20, 2020, 04:55:04 am »

That is.... a lot of PMs.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: December 20, 2020, 05:05:12 am »

I'm not even halfway through.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 20, 2020, 09:09:39 am »

EDIT:
Because he didn't play the killing game. Because he won the popular vote. Because he was the one that was trying things out. Because he lived.

Basically, there were only 3 people that could be the "protagonist": Jim Groovester, me, and 4maskwolf. The reason being that each of us were trying to avoid the main conflict of everyone dying. Shakerag and Luckyowl could've been backups, but Shakerag wasn't here and Luckyowl was too inexperienced.

4maskwolf knew they were going to die and gave me all of their stuff. I had already given Jim permission to take all of my stuff and also to blow up the ship if things ever went south because there was a reasonable chance I was going to die.

I probably would've been the worst protagonist, honestly. Lots of what I was doing was setting up backup plans to kill you all so that we could go about not killing each other! Setting up the Plasma Bomb in the Life Support module was there so you all could behave like good children. Had I known how hard it was for you to behave, I'd have blown it up immediately. All I had to do was show that not killing each other was the best idea. And honestly, Jim was the ultimate proof of the very concept. Which is why I recruited the dead to take Jim's side. And changed my wincon. And everything postdeath. Because at that point, Jim represented the game that we were supposed to be playing.

I can take a supporting role in making Jim the star. He was instrumental in figuring out the game.

Honestly, at the end, I probably would've done more, but I got busy, so I only posted a bit. Otherwise, you'd have had more ghost things happening.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #852 on: December 20, 2020, 09:48:20 am »

Also, webadict's plasma bomb is a storied character in this game, so make sure it appears somewhere as well.

Also get Meph in there as well. It could not have been a small amount of work being the moderator for this game.

You may spread your KOR among different players' suggestions, but please only 1 unique suggestion per person.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #853 on: December 20, 2020, 09:50:38 am »

The Monitor
(1470) Legendary Exterminator: (1470) Jim Groovester
(500) Ignored Ghost: (500) ToonyMan
(200) Sponsors Investigate: (200) TricMagic

Epilogue bidding will go until ~Wednesday at 5pm PST!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 10:00:52 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 20, 2020, 10:34:16 am »

EDIT: And Caz would have been murdered too if I hadn't talked Jim out of it. It was the right call considering the role he played in the final few fights. We barely made it as is, imagine what would have happened if we were one man down!

You ruined my chance to be killed by ghosts? -.- How could you?!
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 62