Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 68708 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Your corporate sponsers are not pleased
« Reply #780 on: December 14, 2020, 12:35:42 pm »

Well, I gotta say things are looking pretty scary right now. I wasn't expecting it to come to this.

Let's hope for the best though.

About that.

I just went to the shuttle bay.   The doors were blown open, two guys in military space suits are poking around/clearing debris, and another shuttle is approaching.

Uhh... so we should try to kill them before the other shuttle arrives, right?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 14, 2020, 01:24:36 pm »

Man, that's crazy, me and heydude6 are in the mines and there's a five man team on their way here. I just used a stun bomb on them and it dropped two of them but that leaves three on their way i.e. some of them have anti-tech fields.

We've got the mining pod and the maintenance droids rigged up with stun bombs and plasma bombs with us.

Might be a good idea to claim what items we have since we'll probably need to strategize around that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 14, 2020, 01:50:17 pm »

Also want to mention: I would claim now but I'm at work and don't want to spend too much time digging up my list of items.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 14, 2020, 02:03:44 pm »

I find it terrifying that the military is already here. It's been less than an in-game hour since we pissed off the GMs I think.

It's not possible that these were the rescuers did chat was talking about, is it?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 14, 2020, 02:18:58 pm »

Might be a good idea to claim what items we have since we'll probably need to strategize around that.
ATF
Mind shield (off)
hold-out blaster
assassin bot
replicator with one charge
used replicator

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 14, 2020, 03:17:56 pm »

Used replicator
Space suit
Anti-tech field
Mind shield
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 14, 2020, 04:06:13 pm »

all the shields, pistol, skates, psychic scanner, two mind shields (worn in style), advanced tracking system, used replicator.  ???

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 14, 2020, 04:24:19 pm »

Still working. I think I have a personal shield, mind shield x 2, anti tech field, assassin bot x 2, hacking tool, mining corps communicator, used replicator, and some more stuff I'm forgetting. At the mining ops entrance is a replicator with two space suits. With the mining pod are the four maintenance droids with two stun bombs and two plasma bombs rigged up to them.

Me and heydude6 are going to try to waste the guys in the mine with the mining pod and one of the plasma bombs if it comes to that.

For you two still on the station, you can either run away and join us in the mines, or you can contest them in the station. I think it might be worth contesting them in the station. We do have control of the command and control room which should be very handy to have in terms of dividing their forces, frustrating their advance, etc. The problem is that I'm the one with access and I'm not nearby.

It might be worth it to replicate a hacking tool with your last replicator charge, and to start locking doors leading away from the shuttle bay to slow them down.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 14, 2020, 04:48:17 pm »

It might be worth it to replicate a hacking tool with your last replicator charge, and to start locking doors leading away from the shuttle bay to slow them down.

Anyone else agree or should we hang on for now?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 14, 2020, 06:24:28 pm »

I support the idea. Also, small correction, there’s only one space suit in mining ops. I took the other one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 14, 2020, 09:47:06 pm »

Ok, I have everyone's actions. Next big update will happen either later this evening or early tomorrow, depending on how things go.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 15, 2020, 02:24:28 pm »

Outside the station in the mines, Jim Groovester and heydude6 have moved to assault the enemy hanger. Before they have gone far, however, they spot 5 lights moving towards the station. By size and how they move, they seem to be individual soldiers.

Jim Groovester jumps out of the mining pod the two were flying in and sets off a Stun Bumb, which seems to have disabled two of the figures who now drift lazily to the floor of the asteroid in the weak gravity.

As the other three figures scatter to cover, Jim then hunkers down behind a large boulder and fires shots at the enemy to keep their heads down and cover heydude's moves.

Meanwhile, heydude6 flies the mining pod up and over through a hole in the asteroid around to try and flank the enemy soldiers. He comes around right on top of one of the very surprised enemies, who is sliced apart by the powerful short range lasers of the mining pod.

The plasma bomb armed maintenance droid trundles forward along the main passageway of the mines, slowly making its way to the remaining soldiers' positions.

Those two soldiers, meanwhile, keep up a barrage of fire on Jim. The rock he is next to splinters as shot after shot impacts against it. Clouds of rock fragments and dust begin to cloud the area near him.

He gains a moment of respite, however, as Shakerag sprints into the mines from the station. The exterminator bounces from wall to wall, making use of the low gravity keep moving and lays down his own fire at one of the soldier's shooting at Jim.

Caz, meanwhile, reaches the mining ops center and quickly puts on the remaining space suit.

Jim manages to land a hit on the soldier still focusing on him, but the shot is absorbed in a flicker of light by a Personal Shield.

The other soldier has ducked away from Shakerag's assault and begun firing upon heydude6 in the mining pod. It's hard shell absorbs the blasts for now, but a few get dangerously close to the delicate control jets on the side of the pod. Heydude6 tries to maneuver around to get close, but it finding it difficult to reach his assailant as the pod scrapes against the side of the narrow tunnel he's come down in.

A few more shots slam into the mining pod, one of which bursts through the shell and breaks an internal pipe. Vapor begins to fill the tunnel near the pod as coolant is vented out into the vacuum. With head gauges rapidly rising in the pod, heydude6 is forced to evacuate.

He comes out of the hatch to find himself facing the business end of a plasma rifle. Before the soldier can fire, however, a blast of plasma arcs out from a side passageway and passes right through his shield to blast a hole in the side of his helmet.

Caz gives heydude6 a wave and moves off to try and flank the last remaining soldier.

Pinned down by fire from both Jim and Shakerag, that soldier's luck is quickly running out.

Moments later there is a rumble throughout the mine and a flash of blinding light as the maintenance droid reaches position and performs its last duty.

The last soldier is flung off of the asteroid by the explosion, and their limp form can be seeing slowing spinning away into the void.

All surviving players are now in the mines. You do not see any moving enemies at this point. Two seem down and dead, two are still stunned.

You have until ~5pm Pacific Wednesday to get in your next set of actions.

(In case anyone is curious, this battle was played out using d20's to see how effective everyone was. The enemy soldiers got a 1...)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 15, 2020, 02:45:19 pm »

Meph, I want to loot the stunned soldiers for a plasma rifle and any communicators or other intel items.

The soldiers have personal shields on them so if you don't have one you should probably grab one. They also have body armor and plasma rifles but I don't know if that mechanically matters.

Proceed forward to the hangar? Turn around to take back the station?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 15, 2020, 03:55:24 pm »

Ha we are awesome. And we should probably get out of here before they send more guys.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 15, 2020, 05:26:44 pm »

Whew, that was way too close.

So is the mining pod out of commission now? Are we gonna have to walk. Seems like we unnecessarily wasted one of our plasma bombs though.

Anyway, last time I was talking to Jim on the PMs, I said we should capture one of the soldiers and interrogate them. Try to figure out how many there as well as some info about the interior about the base.

I wouldn't mind taking some body armour though.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62