Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 68659 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Your corporate sponsers are not pleased
« Reply #795 on: December 15, 2020, 05:31:37 pm »

The mining pod is indeed out of commission now.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 15, 2020, 05:42:40 pm »

Whew, that was way too close.

So is the mining pod out of commission now? Are we gonna have to walk. Seems like we unnecessarily wasted one of our plasma bombs though.

Anyway, last time I was talking to Jim on the PMs, I said we should capture one of the soldiers and interrogate them. Try to figure out how many there as well as some info about the interior about the base.

I wouldn't mind taking some body armour though.

Cool, remove their mind shields and use the psychic emitter tower to torture them into sending home for a ride.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 15, 2020, 06:15:12 pm »

Jokes aside, can the tower actually do that? If so, I don't see why not use it as a means of getting information.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 16, 2020, 12:40:06 pm »

As a reminder, you have until ~5pm Pacific Today to get your actions in to me. (About 7 hours or so)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 16, 2020, 02:06:09 pm »

If we are going to interrogate the guys, I think we should have some questions then.

Main things I want to find out is how many men they have. And what they were trying to do in the mines.

Does anyone want to fetch the maintenance droid we sent away by any chance? I think we might still need it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 16, 2020, 03:34:24 pm »

Kind of a busy day so not much time to think about this.

1. We should head to the hangar.
2. We can probably take the stunned guys with us because of microgravity.
3. We should interrogate the stunned guys or dupe their comms to find out what we'd be up against going to the hangar.
4. Yes I can bring back the maintenance droids.

Meph, I want to accomplish things in line with the above and assuming I don't get the chance to post before the actions are closed I go along with whatever heydude6 comes up with.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 17, 2020, 04:55:38 pm »

Sorry for the delay, been busy. Probably won't get the write-up done this evening either, so if you guys have any further updates (especially Shakerag or Caz, who haven't said much about what they want to do) you have a little bit of time.

Come play Mafia with us!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #802 on: December 19, 2020, 02:50:11 pm »

Alas, that was indeed a good show, one way or another. Here, have a little something on me...
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 19, 2020, 03:37:06 pm »

The four exterminators gather up rifles, armor and personal shields. There is enough usable stuff that they're all at least a little better off, and all now have personal shields.

Jim calls back the Maintenance droids back and works on hacking one of the comms of the stunned soldiers.

Caz sees about interrogating them, but the stun effect is going to last hours and the groups lacks any way to reverse it. That'll be far too long, so a decision is made to just tow them along back to the hanger.

As the group heads towards the hanger Jim starts picking up info on the hacked comms:
"Control, this Alpha team. No signs of resistance yet, but we've found a few bodies. Looks like things got messy in here."

"Acknowledged. Better hurry up, Bravo hit contact in the mines and then went silent."

"Right, we'll be hitting the mining ops next."

The group picks up the pace, and after a bit comes into sight of the Hanger.

"Alpha! Alpha! Get back here! Something's in the hanger. OH BY THE AAAAAaaahhhhh" A horrid death scream comes over the comms.

"Control? Control?! What's going on back there?! Hold tight if you can hear us, we're heading back!"

Looks are exchanged, but perhaps whatever caused the screams was a good thing. The dead getting revenge, maybe?

In any case, they can't just sit here and wait for that that squad to show up.

Jim sends one of the maintenance bots up the side of the hanger and detonates a Stun Bomb on top. Moments later heydude6 and Shakerag launch themselves up to the top level, rifles ready. A few plasma blasts and the lone standing guard on top of the hanger crumples to the ground. Another crumpled form shows that the Stun Bomb was not wasted, at least.

The entrance hatch, however, is completely shut. With outside controls, hacking it won't work. After a bit of discussion, it's decided that the last plasma bomb will have to be used. Everyone gets out of the blast range and the hard-wired bomb with a blast that rocks the station. Where the door was is not a jagged hole in the ceiling of the hanger.

One by one the exterminators leap down, rifles ready. Caz is last, her eyes scanning the way they came to cover the group in case the station squad arrives.

Shakerag is in first, catching a dazed guard with a few plasma blasts at short range. heydude6 and Jim Groovester soon follow. The exterminators take cover behind a wrecked shuttle craft as they exchange fire with the two remaining guards.

Shot after shot lights up the inside of the hanger. Caz drops in and her shield takes a hit as she skates quickly up to take cover near the Command console. Jim takes advantage of the distraction though to finish off one of the guards.

heydude6's shout over the comms takes the edge off their enjoyment, however.

"Head's up, incoming shuttle!"

Shakerag mutters a moment and holds up a hand. "All right, assassin bot out. Keep fire on that guy, keep him busy!"

The bot scuttles out and under the wrecked shuttle as Jim and Heydude6 move to flank. A flurry of movement from the bot and the guard's body sags to the ground, his suit riddled with thousands of small holes.

Looking around the hanger the four surviving exterminators breath a sigh of relief. All of the ships are there, and seem operational!

Caz's voice cuts over the comms: "Comms guy is a grisly mess here, but he was still logged in. I got the cannons online!"

Beams of energy fire out as the approaching shuttle, which banks away from the hanger to avoid the shots.

Jim waves his arm towards the ships. "All right, everyone get your ships fired up and let's get out of here!"

heydude6's ship, The Final Greeting is first in line. He fires up the engines while blasting away at the wreckage in front. Once the way is clear he launches out of the hanger at maximum speed.

Shakerag is next, and the Shaken not Stirred lifts off in a halo of blue light. A volley of Doomsday missiles from it streak into the enemy shuttle and the burning wreck spirals out of sight. 

Caz hops down from the command area right on top of the Highland Rocket. She quickly gets in and fires up the engines. The ship lives up to its name as it quickly becomes a streak of light hurtling out into the void.

Jim's Grooveship 1 is last to get out.

His sensors detect two fighter craft incoming.

"We're not out of the woods yet, people! Incoming craft from sector 2!"

Shakerag sends out a hyper-jump path from his nav computer. "Follow this. We're close enough we should be able to hit the lane before they can catch up."

"Roger that. Good flying, everyone!" The Highland Rocket turns to follow the signal and moments later vanishes in a flash of purple light.

Flash after flash until the system is quiet at last.

And that's a wrap!

Sorry about the delays. I was thinking about making the escape a little more interactive, but it's not a good time of year for that so I decided to just go ahead and finish up the game. After all BYOR 15 needs to start soon!

Final Tallies:
   Caz - Survival Victory
   Heydude6 - Survival Victory
   Jim Groovester - Survival Victory
   Shakerag - Survival Victory

webaditct - Allied Ghost Victory (Jim Groovester)
   IcyTea31 - Allied Ghost Victory  (Jim Groovester)

4maskwolf - Loss, Karmic mitigation (The Merging)
   TricMagic - Loss, Karmic mitigation (The Merging)
   juicebox - Loss, Karmic mitigation (The Merging)

ToonyMan - Loss
   LuckyOwl - Loss

Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 19, 2020, 03:41:07 pm »

Dead Chat
The Merging

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 19, 2020, 03:43:04 pm »

Spoiler: Hunt Phase 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hunt Phase 2 (click to show/hide)

Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 19, 2020, 03:46:16 pm »

Spoiler: Hunt Phase 3 (click to show/hide)

There were also...over 800 PMs that got exchanged through this game. I'd post them all, but that would be a bit excessive. It'd be nice if people would share their stories, either via posting relevant PMs or just a synopsis. Lots of this game happened via PMs.

In hindsight, I should have set up a quicktopic for each player once we moved over to the Freeform RPG part of the game. That would have made things much easier, and way easier to share at the end of the game.

Overall, this was fun but exhausting for me to run. It was also an interesting experiment working with roseheart on the art. It wasn't as smooth as we'd hoped, but I think it added a nice touch to everything!

I hope you all had fun playing as well!
Come play Mafia with us!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!
« Reply #807 on: December 19, 2020, 03:54:33 pm »

So, uh, how did the Merging effect the game outcome?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #808 on: December 19, 2020, 03:55:24 pm »

I have just been informed Meph has handed over the controls for the wrap-up to me. Let's have some fun with this, shall we?

For the final panel I will be accepting ALL SUGGESTIONS, this could get really weird! Spend your KOR(see totals, above) to influence how much impact your suggestion will have. Players may also merge their funds under the same suggestion. Otherwise, 1 suggestion per person.

If you wish to send it by PM, please add both myself and Mephansteras as recipients.

Epilogue Phase ends Wednesday at 5pm PST!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 04:23:00 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 19, 2020, 04:00:44 pm »

I'm curious: had we committed mutual suicide N1, would we all have won?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62