Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: SPAMISEKAI: Count Quill of Tyneset!  (Read 10446 times)

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMISEKAI: Count Quill of Tyneset!
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2020, 08:52:06 am »

TURNTURNTURN
You decide to continue with the wedding anyway. The Advisor can just deal with it.

The bride's family (including Baron Axel) arrive the next day, and the rest of the guests arrive the day after, on the day of the wedding. In attendance are your vassals, Baron Axel, Dumedin Throvis, and your liege lord Duke Wolstan. Baron Reece is not attending, and has sent his brother Lamon in his stead. Another notable guest is Countess Muire, another vassal of Wolstan's who rules the lands to your northwest. Besides the nobles, a number of townsfolk from Tyneton and village elders from the area are also at the wedding.

You and Mircella are joined in the light of the Four Bright Gods, and the marriage is official. At the feast, after several rounds of congratulations and hearty drinking, you see an opportunity to approach one of the guests in private. With the current air of merriment, it's probably a good time to ask a favor or make a deal.

Who will you talk to? (you only have time to approach one)

A) Baron Axel
B) Dumedin Throvis
C) Lamon, brother of Baron Reece
D) Duke Wolstan
E) Countess Muire

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2020, 09:11:42 am »

D I want to say C but this is the best opportunity to meet the duke.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2020, 09:27:16 am »

D
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2020, 09:57:05 am »

D

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2020, 11:50:40 am »

TURNTURNTURN
You make your way over to your liege lord, Duke Wolstan. He's old, about seventy, but still talks with a booming voice. "Quill! Good to see you!" He looks a little drunk. "Great feast, this. And congratulations on the bride. Didn't know where Axel was hiding her all this time."

What do you ask him?

A) Explain the matter between Baron Axel and Count Vray, and get him to intercede on your behalf
B) Ask for a small loan of gold, because you need money to make money
C) Tell him about your new Tax Bureau, and try to convince him to adopt your system as well
D) On second thought, don't ask any favors of him

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2020, 03:52:41 pm »

A

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2020, 03:58:30 pm »

Agreed, A.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2020, 04:30:43 pm »

A
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2020, 07:03:11 pm »

A

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2020, 04:49:27 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2020, 06:23:40 am »

TURNTURNTURN
You explain the (alleged) trespassing of Vray's men in the Findell forest, and ask Duke Wolstan to intercede and rein Count Vray in. Count Vray is another vassal of Wolstan's, who like you is sworn to the Duke.

You don't think you've put across the injustice being done to Baron Axel, with the lack of solid proof, but Duke Wolstan is in a good mood and agrees nonetheless. He'll send one of his knights to Count Vray's court and warn him against trespassing, although he doesn't agree to your follow-up suggestion of dispatching men to patrol the common border. For now, the situation with Count Vray looks like it's on its way to being resolved.

The rest of the wedding passes smoothly, and soon Baron Axel and the other guests are all leaving in high spirits. The peasantry also seem mildly happier at the news of their lord's marriage.

A few days later, the Steward shows you this:

Treasury 12

Hmmm. It might be time to start a money-making venture, or you could wait until tax time and trust that the new Tax Bureau will bring in more revenue. In the meantime however, the Tax Collector comes to you with a displeased expression. The new dwarven book-keepers simply aren't working well with other human clerks. Dwarves insist on a meticulous recording of literally everything - too much detail, she says, for things that are only mildly relevant to taxation, such as the number of chairs and tables each family owns. Already, there have been a number of arguments, with the dwarven book-keepers insisting that the surveyors go back out and re-do the already-completed surveys to their level of precision, and the surveyors and clerks disagreeing. As Tax Collector, she's inclined to rule in favor of the clerks and force the dwarven book-keepers to adopt human standards of precision. She's seeking your advice, however, to

A) Re-do the surveys to a dwarven standard of precision
B) Force the dwarven book-keepers to adopt human standards
C) Spend a few days trying to reconcile the two traditions into a mutually acceptable compromise

Another pressing issue is the survey of Baron Reece's lands. The surveyors have again returned, saying that they have been refused entry into the villages and towns surrounding Merclefield. Worryingly, this time they've been turned back by patrols of Baron Reece's household guard and some landed knights, instead of by village elders. You should probably do something about this.

A) Dispatch the Steward in your stead, to argue your lawful right to survey your vassal's lands for taxation purposes
B) Dispatch the Marshal in your stead, with a complement of your own household guard to make sure the surveyors aren't turned back
C) Ride out yourself, with a complement of your household guard and some knights, to explain the situation to Baron Reece in person
D) Same as C, but raise some peasants into a militia as well to safeguard your person

If you pick option C for the first choice, you cannot pick option C or D for the second choice. Also, choices which use your knowledge are now underlined, since it's more visually obvious than italicizing a single letter

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2020, 06:29:05 am »

CA

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2020, 06:34:36 am »

CA

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2020, 08:43:00 am »

AC who would have guessed some of our vassals would be displeased with us surveying their lands? can we do the second C but with less threatening amount of people?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 09:01:20 am by Rockeater »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2020, 08:46:52 am »

CA
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19