Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: SPAMISEKAI: Count Quill of Tyneset!  (Read 10429 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMISEKAI: Count Quill of Tyneset!
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2020, 11:29:05 am »

E, learning more about how they operate and live would be useful.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2020, 12:01:32 pm »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2020, 12:19:55 pm »

E
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2020, 12:21:28 pm »

B - Politely, using our economic background to flatter him appropriately.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2020, 06:24:59 pm »

B

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2020, 10:11:49 pm »

TURNTURNTURN
You ask to see these ledgers he speaks of. A flash of annoyance passes across his face, but he nods and leaves the room. A short while later, he returns carrying a very large, leather-bound book. Behind him, you see two other dwarves with a wheelbarrow loaded with books of the same size in the corridor.

"These are the records for last month's census. As I said, we keep track of everyone and everything notable in the entire hold."

You examine the ledger. It is indeed startlingly detailed, perhaps excessively so. There are 1,263 dwarves in Belvik-hund, of which 1,198 are adults and employed in some profession. Each of these dwarves have a recorded profession and monthly income from which their tax owed is calculated, along with their hall of residence, familial relations and a long list of personal belongings down to each cabinet and candlestick holder. The record for a single dwarf spreads over five pages or more. After that, the record delves into the businesses in the hold: each dwarf engaged in business must submit a notarized copy of their balance sheets for the month. Further still, the ledger records communal holdings: livestock, public works and furniture, architecture and the like.

A quick flip to the last pages confirms it: this entire tome is dedicated to just one month's records. You have a prodigious knowledge of Economics by the standards of this world, but you're certain you won't be able to spot any irregularities without at least a few days to look through the records, preferably with a whole team of clerks at hand. Meanwhile, Throvis is already tapping his foot impatiently.

A) Ask to bring this ledger back to Tyneset to further examine it
B) Ask to return here in a week (after your marriage) and bring some clerks to examine their records

You also have an inkling that such detailed record-keeping might be of use in your new Tax Bureau. Or you could talk about some other matter

C) Request for some dwarf book-keepers to join your new Tax Bureau
D) Try and convince him to let the new Tax Bureau collect his taxes
E) Ask him more about the dwarf-hold of Belvik-hund
F) Ask him about his family and court
G) Finish the meeting and head back home

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2020, 10:22:54 pm »

BC

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2020, 10:35:08 pm »

Agreed, BC.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2020, 10:38:52 pm »

Only C.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2020, 11:08:00 pm »

Only C

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2020, 05:19:58 am »

Only C if they cheat us we will eventually find out.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2020, 07:17:04 am »

TURNTURNTURN
Satisfied with the precision of record-keeping in the dwarf-hold, you ask Dumedin Throvis for some book-keepers to join your tax bureau, He looks surprised, "I've never known a human to be interested in dwarven book-keeping. Most of the human merchants we deal with find it a real bore."

After a short conference with one of the dwarves outside, he returns. "We can spare five dwarves. Four of them are professionals, one of them's an apprentice." You nod, and make the arrangements for them to travel back with you later.

The remaining ledgers are hauled out of the office. Is there anything else to talk about?

A) Ask him more about the dwarf-hold of Belvik-hund
B) Ask him about his family and court
C) Finish the meeting and head back home

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2020, 07:31:21 am »

A

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2020, 07:54:00 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2020, 09:53:07 am »

B
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19