Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair  (Read 5281 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2020, 02:11:51 pm »

"Think nothing of it.  And if you must, then repay me by growing in strength," Griffon brushes them off.

He sits down on a rock nearby, shuffling through his deck mindfully as he considers how he'll integrate his new card.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2020, 04:04:56 pm »

"Well that is my bag of tricks spent for now.
I think I'm going to acquaint myself with the facilities here."

Unless stopped Tyra heads off to look around, making her way to the Alchemy Laboratory before stopping for a closer look.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2020, 05:36:11 pm »

Yes, that is a good idea.  This place includes a street of empty homes.  Well appointed ones.  Something keeps them clean and ready.  We suspect a supernatural service, but those tend to pack up and leave if you look for them too hard.  Skye gestures, and most of the incapacitated heroes rise from the ground in a faint, sparkling, purple aura.  Stonebeard stays where he is.  Unfortunately, Stonebeard will need to be removed from his damaged armor before he can receive any help, and I have no idea how to do so.

Frederick the Aggron rumbles agreeably at Osamu, and doesn't move to follow his companion or trainer as they head out, seeming confident that they're in good hands.

-------------------------------------------

The alchemy lab is well stocked with tools and not well stocked with ingredients.  Empty bottles, jars, and pouches waiting to be filled line the shelves, and the tables are covered in neat, orderly rows of glassware both archaic and modern.  A fume hood is set up over one large table, and a faint breeze blows through the hole area, just right to keep vapors from building up without causing issues for precise work.  It looks like the old team's alchemist cleared out his stocks to make as many potions as possible before their final battle.  But the equipment is sound, clean, well-kept, and carefully organized.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2020, 06:29:52 pm »

Henry nods to Skye as she leaves, before turning to Stonebeard.
"Uh... I don't suppose you have any ideas how you could get out of that armor?"
Henry begins looking over the armored man, sending his stand over in preparation for getting him out of the suit.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2020, 08:09:18 pm »

Unceremoniously dropping off the Shroom wolf near the rest of the group, the machine stares at Stonebeard for a few moments, while it almost chants the word, "Processing."

"This unit's mechanical appendages were designed to shatter heavily armored vehicles and MECs," it bluntly states, seemingly uncaring about it's current, presumably still shroom wolf blood soaked appearance.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Alaska

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2020, 10:57:31 am »

Tarkov walked over and crouched near Stonebeard. "Could probably get him out if we had one of those powersaws the Corpsmen use on anyone hit by a Spiker. Thing cuts through nearly anything." He tapped the side of his helmet, causing the tinted visor to become clear as glass so he could get a better look at things.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2020, 05:01:47 pm »

Tyra takes careful count of the tools while being sure to put anything she touched back exactly as she found it.
"Nothing useful here without ingredients, I wonder if they have a garden or some such somewhere..."
With that she heads towards the Ancient Woods and looks around there.
By the hands of power.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2020, 05:58:06 pm »

"Well, the robot's not wrong.  A good hit should shatter unintentional welds.  They tend to be brittle.  A good metal saw would also work, yeah, but the only ones in the machine shop are table saws, big, heavy, hard to maneuver, and bolted to the floor for safety," Stonebeard chips in.

------------------------------------------------------

Tyra finds herself in a cold, dry, evergreen forest.  Her ears pop as she moves in, finding herself surrounded by plants.  Tyra is able to collect 25 Quinghai Spruce Shoots, 8 ounces of Spruce Resin, 36 juniper berries, and 14 lengths of bamboo for use as ingredients, before finding her hands and pockets entirely full.

"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2020, 06:48:56 pm »

Griffon searches for a room with a lock.  It's been a long day, and he would prefer to rest in safety, rather than extravigance.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2020, 06:56:35 pm »

Despite all the shouting he'd done earlier, Osamu was getting rather tired. Hoping the world didn't spit him out onto the middle of a battlefield again, Osamu searched for a room of his own to rest in.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2020, 07:23:58 pm »

Tyra pauses for a few moments as she finds her way into the forest and just...takes in everything.  She'd only seen this many plants in one place in expensive greenhouses and written in history books.  So getting to wander around in what appeared to be a naturally occurring forest was truly like stepping through time.  Eventually she came across some plants that looked familiar enough, as well as some that were somewhat new, and gathered up samples.
Eventually she decided her walkabout was through and took her samples back to the alchemy lab to match them with appropriate containers or empty clean ones she remarked.

After that she heads to a house to take a rest and in her mind, wake up from this dream.
By the hands of power.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2020, 07:37:34 pm »

Henry nods.
"Then I'll leave you two to solve this yourselves."
With that he left them to wander the area for a bit. Eventually, he reached an amazingly familiar kitchen despite never having been in one like it. After a bit of checking, and some pleased hooting and hollering upon finding it stocked, he served up a nice dish of fried catfish, with a side of rice pilaf and collard greens. After eating his fill and informing the others about the remaining food, he went to bed, feeling quite satisfied.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 07:39:18 pm by kj1225 »

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2020, 08:17:33 pm »

The machine simply stands in place as everyone heads off to get some rest or food for themselves, it's mechanical eyes scanning Stonebeard's power armor to search for gaps, and weaknesses, something it could use to pry the entire thing open. "Processing."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2020, 08:27:25 pm »

New armament secured, pride ruined, and general outlook shaky at best, the third member of Warden Squadron elected to search the area for something resembling a bunk. The futuristic workshop seemed to have the best odds of having something close to what she was accustomed to, assuming it didn't have tighter security than it seemed to. . .
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2020, 09:05:05 pm »

"Deconstructing," the machine unhelpfully stated, just before it brought its giant fist down on Stonebeard's armor again and again, a horrendous racket ringing throughout the camp as it shatters the power armor's welding. A brief moment passing as it simply taps on Stonebeard's armored chest to get their attention, "Processing, please remain still, this unit will now begin removing your armor." It then moves to figuratively peel the crabby dwarf out of his power armored exoskeleton.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10