Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair  (Read 5280 times)

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2020, 09:08:53 pm »

The workshop does indeed have a few bunks and a hammock set up in a corner, along with a set of foot lockers.  They don't seem to have been used in a while, but they have definitely been cleaned recently.

-----------------------------------------

VerTwo is able to help Stonebeard out of his armor, and Frederick helps the unfortunate dwarf off to his quarters to sleep it off.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2020, 09:20:17 pm »

Having succesfully helped Stonebeard out of his confining armor, and fully aware of the dangerous entities living in the forest. The machine leaves to find some nice and high ground to stand on, while it watches over the camp, making sure that nothing particularly deadly could make its way inside of the camp to disturb the party's rest.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2020, 10:05:51 am »

The party awakens the next morning to find a rather nice breakfast of fresh-baked bread, fresh fruit, cold cuts, and cheese has been laid out in each of the places they chose to rest (except for VerTwo, who doesn't eat).  The Forgotten Shards hum with activity, smoke rising from the forges as Nergigante terrorizes the wildlife in the Ancient Forest for his own breakfast and amusement.

The Crafters/Facilities doc has been updated with NPC Locations.

Welcome to the first crafting/training phase!  You know what you must do.

"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2020, 11:31:47 am »

After rolling out of bed and eating his breakfast, Henry sat there for a bit, wondering what to do. There were several places he'd peeked into the previous day, but he hadn't looked very hard once he gathered what their purpose was. Eventually, he decided to go to the area that had appeared to be a forge, to see if there was anything of worth there.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2020, 12:17:20 pm »

With it's long vigil concluded, the machine stomps off towards the comparatively more familiar confines of the machine shop, seemingly in search of something, anything that could perform basic maintenance on its rusted and worn out systems.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2020, 12:25:47 pm »

Tyra awoke partly relieved she didn't have to track down and murder someone this week, but also irritated that it seemed she was in fact stuck with whoever these people were.  Breakfast was some small consolation though, at least they weren't eating spiceless mush.
After eating she decided to head back to the Alchemy Laboratory and see who the local alchemist was and what kind of shop they ran.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2020, 03:06:02 pm »

Osamu woke up, and, after having breakfast (the best meal he'd had in a long time), decided to head for the arena. He hadn't been in a proper (read: non-curbstomp) fight in a while - and he figured he needed to head to the Melemele Arena to learn how to get stronger. He'd said a lot yesterday, but he knew he wasn't strong enough to back those words up. Not yet, anyway.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2020, 03:19:41 pm »

Griffon, after eating food more pedestrian than he is used to, seeks out the newly freed Stonebeard.

Though they prove unable to modify his Armored Blue-Eyes, the man is able to enhance his duel disk slightly, granting Pixel Paradiso the power to fuse pixel monsters without polymerization.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2020, 05:44:44 pm »

Henry arrives at the forge to find Rose there, warming up the fires.  Metal, bone, and hides are stacked haphazardly around the room, along with tons of tools more suited for a foundry than a simple hand forge, and a dizzying array of bullet presses.  "Hey....  You!"  She greets the [STAND] user, "Welcome to the Great Forge!  If you're looking for new gear, or improvements to what you've got, I'm here to help.  It's the least I can do, since I'm benched from combat for the foreseeable future."

----------------------------------------

Tyra arrives at the alchemic workshop to find Dale already present, and shirtless as always, looking over the ingredients with a bit of disappointment, "If only I'd left more here," He mutters to himself, "So much got destroyed when I lost my inventory.  Damn that Trespasser.  Oh!  Hello there!  Did you need something?  I don't have a lot of reagents here, aside from a bit of stuff people seem to have gathered last night, and my enchanting table seems to have been reset, but the equipment's still good.

Osamu arrives at the arena to find two people already there, Zelda and Amber.  Zelda is simply meditating off to the side with Skye, Frederick looming over her as always, while Amber works through a set of forms with her rapier, face set in distaste.  Whatever is happening in regards to her fighting, it's not going as planned.  As he steps out onto the grass, Amber turns towards him with a slightly forced grin.  "Hi!  You're one of the new guys right?  Welcome to the party.  Well, except it's not really a party and we're probably all gonna die, but that's never stopped me before!  What brings you here?"

"Eh?  The robot?"  Stonebeard is already in the machine shop when VerTwo arrives, dusting off tables and checking the power tools for wear and damage, leaning on a cane to keep his balance.  His hands are steady enough, but his legs very clearly aren't.  "Suppose I owe you thanks for helping me out of my armor back there.  What can I do fer ya?"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 05:46:23 pm by DragonRage »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2020, 05:58:15 pm »

Warden 3 cautiously sniffed at the food before quickly causing it to vanish. Catering wasn't something she'd expected to awaken to, but it was a pleasant surprise nonetheless. The activity nearby prompted her out of bed perhaps faster than what she might have managed on her own, given the situation. She gave an awkward gesture that seemed to have been a failed attempt to split the difference between a salute and a wave on seeing Stonebeard. "Everything in working order?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2020, 06:01:48 pm »

Henry raises a hand in greeting. "It's Henry!" He says mater of factly. "Anyway, I don't actually know how any of this stuff works, though I know a bit of needle work. I was mostly going to see if there was anything broken here I might be able to reconstruct.... But if you're fine with teaching me, I could probably do with a new knife. Should be a good practice exercise right?"

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2020, 06:11:26 pm »

"Need to learn how to fight. Haven't really been in a real fight for quite some time. Need to learn how to really do some damage, you know? Not with any flashy techniques - not yet, at least. For now, I just want to work on the basics."

[Osamu is attempting to upgrade his Beast's Paws by training with Amber. Hopefully something to give him a boost in strength, though, failing that, a damage increase would also be useful.]

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2020, 06:18:55 pm »

Tyra gave Dale a bit of a flat look for a moment before decided that yes, this apparent barbarian was what passed for an alchemist.  Perhaps his skills made up for it?  She thought hopefully.
"Yes I took a walk through your...garden?  Forest?  and picked anything I recognized as I went, though there were a few things a did not recognize at all."
She gestured over to the bottles of reagents, and specifically the one full of bamboo clippings.
"I'll agree that too was disappointed to see everything had been cleaned out.  I was interested in seeing what kind of things you could produce, but a lack of reagents might be an issue."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2020, 10:02:34 pm »

Taking a few steps towards the dwarf, the machine simply states, "This unit is in need of repairs," while it gestures at its rusty exterior, and the patches where it's BIT had hastily put itself together.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2020, 03:32:04 pm »

"Far as the machinery goes, everything looks good and ready!  Far as I go, well, I'm good enough to work the shop, maybe pass on my skills to anyone who's interested, but I'm never going to fight again," Stonebeard sighs, "The Trespasser did something weird to my liver.  Haven't had a beer in weeks and I'm still so tipsy I can barely stand.  Won't hurt my work as long as I have time to go slow and double check everything, but...  Ya can't count on that in battle.

"Oh?  Ya need maintenance, robot?  Let me have a look at ya..."  Stonebeard substantially improves VerTwo's frame with some stuff he had lying around and a lot of hard work!

------------------------------------------

"Hello, Henry!"  Rose waves again, "You want to learn to smith?  I've... never taught someone before, but I'm willing to give it a shot.  It'll be a learning experience for both of us!"

------------------------------------------

"Sure thing!  I could go for a spar!  Put 'em up, big guy!"  Amber goes at it with Osamu for a few hours.  She's impressively flexible, stronger than she looks (though less so than he is), and as far as he can tell fairly decent in a fistfight, if rather unpolished.  Still, he feels like he's had a good workout and worked the rust off his skills... even if it's kind of humiliating that by the end he's sweating buckets and she barely looks ruffled.

"If you want to really see what I can do, keep an eye out when you leave this place," Dale suggests, "And before you ask, you'll have to leave in order to get stronger.  Gather more reagents, and we'll be able to brew some big magic."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10