Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair  (Read 5286 times)

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2020, 08:00:29 pm »

The machine ungracefully takes hold of the shroom wolf's carcass, and drags it back to where Griffon was, following after the man as he makes his way back to the central area.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2020, 11:19:31 pm »

Warden pressed her lips together. "I should have known facilities would be inadequate." She sighed and shook her head. "And not even a quartermaster to place requests with." The plane girl dismissed her airframe, lone armament and wings disappearing into nothingness as she strode forward into the strange, shattered area. "I'll have to locate it myself, then." She picked the area that looked to have some sort of advanced technology and walked in its direction, looking for something that might be compatible with her machinery.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2020, 02:41:17 am »

Tyra nodded with Skye's response and tucked her two remaining Crystal Vials away.  Osamu's 'exclamation' did catch her attention though, drawing her gaze over his direction.
"I don't believe anyone was questioning your abilities.   At least not until you yourself chose to bring up your myriad inadequacies to light."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2020, 09:16:43 am »

Osamu just glared back in response.

"If you can't even properly remember what someone said five minutes ago, I don't think you should get involved!"

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2020, 10:21:10 am »

Skye looks at Osamu in surprise for a moment, and then takes on a devious smirk, If you believe yourself capable of such dramatic self-improvement, who am I to say otherwise?  Your first milestone, if you wish to become the greatest wrestler on this team, will of course be Frederick.  Frederick the Aggron looks at Skye with a distinct look of betrayal, mixed with strong hints of 'why are you dragging me into this?'

"Ooouuuugh, I feel like death," Groans Stonebeard, finally stirring, "What did that Trespasser dragon do to me?  Armor's hosed, but maybe the medical computer is still working?  Let me...  Oh, good, it-  Blood alcohol levels at 1000% of safe operating levels?  Armor locked down?  What the-?  I haven't had so much as a beer in weeks!"

"Stonebeard?  Is that you?"  Rose sits up and looks about, and then the panic sets in, "You were right there!  Talking to me.  Why couldn't I recognize you?  It was like your face was blank!  Like everyone's face was-  Stonebeard?  I-I-"  She looks between Stonebeard and the rest of you with increasingly frantic movements, "W-Which one of you is Stonebeard?  I-I can't see it.  I can't see your faces!  Why do your faces all look the same?"

----------------------------------

Entering the high-tech area, Warden 3 finds herself in an expansive machine shop.  Everything there looks sleek and ultramodern, but there's a certain utilitarian, military warship feel to it all that makes it feel familiar despite the technology she finds largely unrecognizable.  However, one thing she does recognize is a small armory.  Infantry firearms that look ripped straight out of a science fiction movie, stacks of filled magazines and ammunition belts, several poleaxes and tomahawks made out of a dark metal, a stack of ten long, silver missiles, and two round shoulder launchers rest in a corner, inside a small shed-like structure.  The unlocked door and large window make it clear that it's more to protect the contents from any stray sparks or flying bits of material from the power tools than to contain a possible explosion.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2020, 10:47:09 am »

"Damn, I guess not. Kinda weird how similar our worlds were then, though..."
Yushiro follows along, before he remembers something important.
"Ah, right. I meant to ask, what are you planning to, uh, do now?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2020, 11:15:35 am »

Griffon pauses at this as they presumably return to the central area of the hub.

"Pursue power.  A great deal of it."

"It seems, however, that I may require more power than even existed in our own world, if we're to stand any chance against that monster."
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2020, 11:23:46 am »

Tyra offers Osamu a bored look in response before turning her attention to Rose and 'Stonebeard'.
"It sounds to me like she's suffering some kind of dissonance, an inability to correlate faces with the people in her memories.
 She could be under a spell, or have just hit her head badly."

With a bit of focus and another mote of blue light Tyra creates a small grey disk with a four pointed red cross on it.  She cautiously steps towards Rose, reaching out to offer it to her.
"Try using this, it might help.  Just hold it up and break it in half."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2020, 11:29:59 am »

Henry rubs his chin. Well, if they were getting up now, that meant that he probably wouldn't have to drag people to rooms to recover. Still, this did sound vaguely familiar too him...
"Yeah, sounds like a concussion to me... but it could be something else. I could try using my CMR to check if that doesn't fix it."

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2020, 11:34:04 am »

Rose takes the disc and snaps it.  She vanishes for a moment, and then reappears.  "I-  That felt strange.  I can...  I can see your faces now, but it's...  Slippery, I guess?  It's like they won't stay in my memories.  I... don't think this is going to be a simple fix."

I noticed the effects growing worse with excitement and fear, Skye contributes, worried, I think that as long as you remain calm, you should experience... reduced symptoms.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2020, 11:34:51 am »

Warden perused what was available. Infantry weapons might be useful for the others, but she had no plans to use something other than her cannon or a worthy upgrade. The missiles, however, were a more likely prospect. There was no guarantee they would be compatible, of course, but it was worth investigating regardless. She walked over to their resting place in the armory to examine their functionality, seeing if they were even around the right dimensions to fit into her weapons bays.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2020, 11:45:06 am »

Henry thinks on this a bit more before nodding once to himself.
"Then this sounds like a purp- Uh... Are there rooms here for people to sleep in? It'd probably be best to let your group rest."
Henry panics for a moment as he realizes he likely would have put Rose under more stress if he had finished that statement, and instead turned to Skye to ask his question.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 06:20:30 pm by kj1225 »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2020, 12:59:24 pm »

Yushiro slowly lets out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding.
"...yeah I guess that is how it is, huh. Just gotta do what we can to deal with that bastard."
He looks down at his deck, and nods, before turning back to Griffon and offering another quick bow.
"Thanks. You might not have been trying to, but this helped me a bit."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2020, 01:36:50 pm »

"Obsolete? I'm not obsolete." Warden knew that the program sending messages on her HUD couldn't actually respond to her, but that didn't make it wound her pride any less. "The F-35 isn't a replacement, damnit." The update process further soured her mood, barraging her with missing or inadequate hardware. The damage done to her ego was not without payoff, however; the futuristic tech proved to be surprisingly compatible with her own, and she ended up with a partial load of missiles that were smaller than what she expected, but doubtless more efficient if they were classed for anti-tank use.
GM of Trespassers V2.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2020, 02:11:21 pm »

Osamu just nodded, taking a few deep breaths to calm down. Ignoring Tyra, Osamu turned to the man Skye had indicated.

"So, you're the kind of person I'll need to surpass, huh? Well, I'm Osamu Ryoichi. It's a pleasure to meet you. Despite the, uh, circumstances."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10