Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair  (Read 5283 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2020, 11:53:57 am »

The question slowly drew Warden 3 out of her haze, prompting her to respond to the outside world. She responded while only shifting her head slightly toward Henry.
 "None of my instruments are picking up any signals. I don't see anything, either." Warden 3's thoughts turned once more to her situation, before she somewhat abruptly slapped herself. Focus. Don't stall, keep moving. "We need to organize our logistics. Securing more medical equipment is a top priority. After that comes weapons and ammunition, plus maintenance supplies. I need LAU-141 and 142-compatible missiles, ATF, stealth coating. . . It will be faster to print out the list. Where are the electronics, if any, in this location?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2020, 12:39:30 pm »

Osamu shook his head. Millions of worlds, hundreds of ways things could have gone differently - and something was out to destroy them? And, worse yet... it sounded like Skye was...

"Do you... you don't seriously expect us - or, even, me - to try to stop those things, do you?" Osamu was trying his best to hold back his laughter at how absurd - no, how insane the idea sounded, but something told him this wasn't a joke, and that scared him more than anything else.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2020, 01:22:19 pm »

Thunk!  VerTwo downs the Shroom Wolf!  VerTwo gains two Tasty Mushrooms and one Funny Mushroom!

----------------------------------------------------------

"Ahah!  You've activated my TRAP CARD!  Negate attack prevents the attack of your monster, and ends the battle phase!" Kittenus declares, revealing the infamous trap card.  "Now it is my turn!  I activate Rescue Cat's ability!  By sending it to the graveyard, I may special summon two level three or lower beasts from my deck!  I choose...  Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat (6/4) and Stray Cat (0/0)!  I then play a spell card from my hand:  Cup of Ace!  My opponent will draw two cards...  It seems the Emperor isn't with me today.  However, I have one last trick to use!  By controlling two "cat" monsters in play, and two in the graveyard, I may make a Fusion Summon!  Two-Tailed Clockwork Cat, come forth in attack position!

Two-Tailed Wind-Up Cat (14/8): Must be fusion summoned by using two cats in play and two in the graveyard, one of which must be Wind-Up Kitten.  If these conditions are not met exactly the summoning fails; does not use Polymerization.  Once on each of your turns, return a card to its owner's hand.

Now, attack that Pixel Knight!  Clockwork claw!

Shunk. 

Griffen:  25/34, Thunder Dragon, Blue-Eyes Pixel Dragon
Kittenus:  ?/?, 1 damage taken, Two-Tailed Wind-Up Cat (14/8)

---------------------------------------------------

I do not believe their injuries were physical, save for those on Nergigante, and he will heal in time.  The Trespasser sought not to destroy us, but to render us helpless, so that we could... watch our end approach, I can only assume.  Skye administers the potions to Zelda, who still does not wake, but definitely looks a lot healthier.

I don't expect anything of you, Osamu.  However...  If some among your number do not step up, train up, and make the attempt to stop that Trespasser...  Who will do it?  We assembled a team of great heroes from across the worlds...  And they failed.  They attacked, assuming their powers would be sufficient.  That creature grows more powerful with every world consumed.  And yet, friendship, hard work, and determination have conquered far greater disparities.  And this Trespasser, it cannot be unbeatable.  It must have a weakness.

Logistics are of vital importance, yes.  For medical supplies, we have come to depend on our alchemist, Dale, Skye gestures to the man who has found himself another corner to curl up in and cry, Relying so heavily on his skills, as useful as they may be, is in hindsight something of a weakness.  As for the rest...  I admit I do not recognize all of those words, but I suspect you may have to rely on whatever replacements we can improvise until we are able to set up our machine shop to create the equipment you need with sufficient quantity and quality.

Yushiro walks off towards the woods...
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2020, 01:32:10 pm »

Yushiro keeps walking through the woods, lost in thought.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2020, 02:11:30 pm »

Henry nods at the plane girl thing's statement. Then it's likely that what Skye guessed was correct, and it was only those with psychic powers....
"Then a demonstration is in order so that you're prepared in combat. Captain Morgan's Revenge, to that tile!"
Henry points at a heavily cracked tile, prompting the piratical mass to zoom towards it in a blur, flowing over it quickly. Of course to those unable to see the being, it looks like nothing happens... until suddenly a similar crack appears on the tile next to it, enlarging until it matches the initial tile perfectly. Unbeknownst to almost everyone, it was an absolutely perfect recreation of the crack in fact, down to the very molecules that had been worn away by time. Then, as if it were a video playing in reverse, the crack in the initial tile is filled in until it's left in a perfectly repaired state. While the process goes on, Henry narrates.
"CMR is a stand, a manifestation on ones fighting spirit, or in other words, a psychic power unique to the user. When the one I designate as CMR's user is wounded or damaged, it will seek out an the attacker, and reconstruct the wound to a cellular level, before taking the materials from doing so, and using it to rebuild it's user in and instant!"
He poses with a fist up and a hearty smile as CMR flies back to him, taking up a similar pose, back to back with it's user.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2020, 02:14:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As the attack damage from the cat strikes him, Griffon stumbles back in shock, his duel disk loudly bleeping as his life points drain.

He draws a card.

He clutches his chest with a grim grin.  "Not bad, but your cat isn't the only thing that can send my monsters to my hand.  My Pixel Knight's effect activates, returning him to my hand after being destroyed in battle!"

"You see, videogame characters never die, they just respawn.  That's the power of gaming for ya, extra lives and all that," he says, shrugging imperiously at his opponent.

"And now, I'll show you the true power of fusion.  I cast Polymerization, this spell allows me to combine monsters in my hand and field together into one! I choose to combine my Blue Eyes Pixel Dragon with my Pixel Knight!"

The two monsters blend together, transforming into a heavily armored dragon, but ever so slightly smaller than the original Blue-Eyes.

"Now, I attack!  Blue-Eyes, attack Twin-Tailed Windup Cat!  White Noise!"

Before Kittenus can react to the confusion of Griffon sending his weaker monster to attack a far stronger one, he continues.

"I discard my remaining Thunder Dragon, sending your cat straight back to your own hand!"

With that, Kittenus's field is empty.

"You're wide open!  Thunder Dragon!  Lightning Strike!" (8 Damage/1600 ATK)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 02:40:18 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2020, 02:45:40 pm »

"Not Wind-Up Cat!  Even after I got those new monster cards...  Maybe the Emperor was right?  No, I improved my deck, and I am proud to have done so without his input," Kittenus declares after some indecision.  He draws his next card, looks at it, and taps his deck in surrender, "No, this draw cannot save me.  I concede."

"Kitten?  Where are you?  We're leaving!"  A voice calls out somewhere in the distance.

"Oh!  I must go!  But first, I want you to have this.  I have spare copies, and I think you will use it well."  The gold-armored man presses a card into Griffin's hands, before grabbing his spear and running off.  "Magnuuus!  Wait for meeeee!"

New Card Gained:  Wind-Up Kitten (lvl 2):  4 attk/2 def.  Once per encounter, banish target enemy for 1 round, or return a monster to its owner's hand.  Can be activated at any time.  A copy of the unassuming card that defeated both the God-Emperor of Mankind and the chaos god Tzeentch in a children's card game.  Small, but fierce, and full of potential.

Yushiro arrived just in time to see Griffin defeat Kittenus, and receive a card as a reward.

--------------------------------------------

A fascinating technique, Skye comments on Henry's Stand, Similar to the Pain Split technique, yet...  More powerful in some ways, and less in others, and the vector is different of course.  I see.
 Truly, this Stand holds great potential.

"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2020, 02:47:55 pm »

Despite the temptation to smirk, Griffon instead smiles.  The duel was well fought, and he came so close to losing it.   A worthy opponent.

"May we duel again some day!" Griffon shouts after him, adding the card to his own deck.

Next time, perhaps, Griffon will have a card of his own to trade to the gold-armored Duelist.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2020, 03:00:36 pm »

"Oh, you were playing Duel Monsters."
Yushiro stares at the retreating gold-armored man, and rubs his chin.
"More people who play it are around here than I thought, actually."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2020, 03:03:36 pm »

"You'll find that Duel Monsters goes beyond our mere material world.  Though, considering you can summon true monsters as well, I imagine you already know that," Griffon admits.

"I'm more surprised that another from my world survived.  I don't believe we've been properly introduced.  I am Griffon Johnson, CEO of Cybral Solutions, a lesser known gaming company in our... Former world, I suppose."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2020, 03:18:12 pm »

"Ah, I'm Yushiro Tadakatsu, a student at Duel Academy. Pleased to meet you."
Yushiro gives Griffon a short bow.
"What games did your company work on? It's rare to hear of others these days. Or, was."

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2020, 03:22:52 pm »

"We were a competitor with Industrial Illusions, working on Duel Monsters Cards.  After all, they could only copyright cards they themselves made, due to the game's historical significance."

He draws Pixel Knight from his deck.

"I myself was one of the artists and designers as well.  I do so love my lovely pixel monsters, even if Industrial Illusions insists on purely hand-painted cards."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2020, 03:37:21 pm »

Quote from: Skye
"I don't expect anything of you, Osamu."

"Fuck you."

He wasn't sure why, but something about those words sparked a fire inside him. Ever since that day, people had been saying things like that to him almost non-stop. And now, after tossing him into circumstances he barely understood, this strange creature was treating him like nothing?

"You think I'm just going to tuck my tail between my legs and try to run, just 'cause I don't have psychic powers or magic? I'm gonna be the best wrestler on this team, and I'm not gonna let you or anyone else stop me!"
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 08:58:08 pm by AzyWng »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2020, 05:25:02 pm »

"Oh, yeah, that makes sense. They got edged out of the market over time, but a lot of companies tried to get in on the Duel Monsters market..."
Yushiro trails off and lets out a sigh.
"Damn. I came here hoping for a plan or a distraction, but its really hard not to think about the implications of all this, huh?"

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2020, 06:36:25 pm »

"...Pardon?" Griffon says after a befuddled moment.

"Last I checked, they were not only the biggest in the market, but also one of the only ones in the market," he elucidates.  Lord knows that he fought and scrabbled to keep Pegasus's lawyers at bay, and that the man's supernatural abilities had been potent enough to force Griffon himself into studying the dark arts to preserve his work.

"I suppose, then, that we aren't from the same world.  Certainly not the exact same one."

As he speaks, Griffon slowly makes his way back to the central area, leaving the Ancient Forest behind.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 06:49:37 pm by Shadestyle »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10