Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: CHICKEN KNIGHT [SG]  (Read 25664 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Knight [SG]
« Reply #165 on: August 28, 2020, 09:57:02 am »

ARE we the gang? Inspect companions for scarves.
if we do this, specifically GREEN scarves, as green scarves are the gang we’re looking for, though I don’t think this will be fruitful

We could tail the victim, maybe he’ll be stolen from again and we’ll see who’s stealing from him, maybe it’s the Green Scarves. We could also travel with him and watch for any thievery attempts

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #166 on: August 28, 2020, 02:16:59 pm »

Locate Eldritch Victim and...
...If pressed, insist scarf was a drunken hallucination all along: +2, maybe +3
...Upon catching up with the one who got stolen from, ask if the scarves worn by the thieves were green: +1
...Chase the mousie before it gets away!: +1

Question ourselves, as we now know we where actually a member of the gang all along!: +2
Inspect companions for scarves.: +1

We could tail the victim, maybe he’ll be stolen from again and we’ll see who’s stealing from him, maybe it’s the Green Scarves. We could also travel with him and watch for any thievery attempts: +1
You stow your scarf away in your pack and run out to locate the most promising witness so far. Luckily, it doesn't take too long to find an elderly mouse wearing a coat of many pockets. You wave down the Eldritch Victim near a particularly dark alley, pluck out a feather, and take out a small stack of parchment. Completely unrelated to this, the world suddenly seems to be drained of color and light, and it begins to rain on these mean streets.

"Who...who are you and what do you want?"
"Detective Chook Chickensworth, at your service. I'm here about the pickpocketing. Suppose you could tell me more about it?"
"It was horrible! I was walking home after an evening at the tavern when a gang of scarved ruffians ran out of a dark alley! They bumped into me while I valiantly shouted them down, and when they ran away like the cowards they were, my holy book and most of my money were missing!"
"Day and time?"
"Yesterday after the bar closed."
"Place?"
"Between Apeman and Forest on Market."
"And this gang of ruffians, were their scarves green?"
"I don't know. I'm not one of you birdbr--er, birds or a reptile or an ape. It was too dark anyway. All I know is they all wore scarves, and hardly anyone around here does in summer."
"Mind telling me more about the thieves?"
"One of them flew. The other two ran."
"Anyone else I can talk to about this pickpocketing?"
"Streets were empty, and curfew was in place. 'Only covered or cold lanterns' and all that."
"Thank you, Mr. Victim. You've been very helpful to this investigation."
"WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?"

You walk away the now curiously empty streets and ponder the case. A few blocks away, you hit upon the idea of investigating yourself and your party. You don't know where the rest of the party is at the moment, though. May as well start with yourself.

"Where were you on the day of the crime?"
"Relaxing in my room. You can't prove anything."
"And this room?"
"Carl's Coop."
You hear a scuffle and some shouting a ways off.
"You're not from around here, are you?"
"No, I'd just arrived from a monastery out in the countryside."
You hear some deranged shouting somewhere.
"Were you with anyone?"
"I was with my band of adventurers."
"And does your band have a habit of wearing scarves?"
"What kind of question is that? It's summer and we were hired to hunt down a gang with a habit of wearing scarves!"
"Now, now, B-KAWK, I'm not making any accusations here. I just want to get the story straight. Have you known the victim prior to these events?"
"No. Are we done here?"
"I think so. Thank you for your coöperation in our investigation."

You consider the facts as you walk back to your lodging in this miserable rain. What will you do when you arrive? Perhaps you'd like to go somewhere else before then? If not, what will you start with tomorrow?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 02:19:28 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 28, 2020, 02:26:48 pm »

We should head towards where the screaming was coming from

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 28, 2020, 03:24:23 pm »

We should meet back up with our order before investigating the screaming, since it sounds like someone might be in need of HOLINESS.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 28, 2020, 05:57:03 pm »

Meow?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2020, 02:32:59 am »

We should meet back up with our order before investigating the screaming, since it sounds like someone might be in need of HOLINESS.
+1 We must gather our posse first!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #171 on: August 30, 2020, 04:55:35 am »

You brood on today's revelations as you make your way back to Carl'ls Coop in this downpour. The streets are slick with the sweat, sin, and tears of its denizens, and it is some time before you reach your room. First the most impious theft of the monk's coin and now the robbery of an innocent mouse? Truly the depravity of this town knows no bounds.  You finally reach the Coop, and a dramatic flash of lightning accompanies your entry, where you discover...

The members of your holy order are playing cards with what appear to be two new recruits! They are as startled as you are, but maybe that had more to do with the lightning on your arrival. Regardless, you report on your findings and begin questioning everyone on their activities on the day of the relic theft and the pickpocketing of the Eldritch Victim. They, too, appear unsettled by this crime spree and offer what information they have that they may return to the comforting solace of gambling. Based on their statements on crime in the area, you suspect Inksworth does indeed hide a den of thieves and robbers. This reminds you of that dreadful screaming you heard while questioning Chicken Knight B-KAWK. You tell the everyone someone may need the order's HOLINESS. Recruit Bawk-Bawk-BAWK reluctantly volunteers to go in spite of the hour, and the two of you walk away into the slippery streets.

You arrive at the scene with your junior partner after trudging through bizarrely colorless and muggy rainscape and, in a twist no one could have seen coming, you find a scarf of some sort!

"What is it, Chicken Knight B-KAWK?"
"It's Detective Chook Chickensworth, and it's a scarf labeled 59."
"Umm, okay? So now we know there are at least 59 Green Scarf thieves. That's not a fight I want us to be in."
"Or perhaps an address. 5th and 9th street from the town center?"
"Oh! Or maybe it's a count of how many successful thefts the thief did."
"Either way, our investigation is done for the day. I don't like the look of these empty streets one bit. Let's go back and think hardboiled thoughts."
"Umm, okay!"

After another grim and needlessly edgy walk, you are back at Carl's Coop with a new piece of evidence. One of the new recruits says she's friends with a hound who can help track its owner down for a reasonable price. The mention of a fee draws a groan from Doodle-Crow. You, as self/god-appointed treasurer of the holy order, think it shouldn't be an issue if everyone helps out with selling some of the loot from the peasants, and you voice your thoughts on this. Doodle-Crow relents and assigns Recruit Bawk-Bawk-BAWK to pawning the unclaimed loot to pay for identification of the scarf, whose color remains unidentified in the flickering candle flames and strange ongoing colorlessness of the world. You quickly fall asleep after a productive, busy day of hunting down the little larcens.

A new day comes, and you don't really feel like much of a detective today. Color appears to have returned to the world, and you verify that the scarf is indeed green. Recruit Bawk-Bawk-BAWK is packing the first batch of loot for the market. What would you like to do today?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2020, 07:18:53 am »

Assist Bawk-Bawk-BAWK, both in your capacity as treasurer and to continue to train your humility. Let the recruit take point, as the flock must learn to fly on their own, metaphorically; however, do not be ashamed to demonstrate HARDBALL KNIGHTLY NEGOTIATION. Then reconvene with the new recruit with the dogfriend.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2020, 10:35:26 am »

Someone clearly put their name on the collar in case they lost it, or to differentiate themselves from the other green-scarves. Go around asking people if they know someone named 59 while our comrade probably gets dramatically mugged or whatever
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2020, 02:05:46 pm »

Pawn the loot, find the dog, use do to find green scarf people, then kill them and take their stuff!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #175 on: August 31, 2020, 04:26:20 am »

You and Bawk-Bawk-BAWK spend a few hours shopping around for buyers for the loot from the bandits. To their credit, the canny townsfolk mostly manage to see through your blend of cajoling and intimidation and the lurid stories you both spin in an attempt to lend them undeserved value. Those that are taken in by your knightly wiles and sales tactics are, however, provide more than enough to cover a general promotion of all Recruits for a week or two once they get around to earning their promotions depending on how richly they need to eat.

Your sense of Knightly Cash thrums with delight on the way to the suggested rendezvous point, Doris' Dancing Rolls. The recruit and olfactory consultant (introduced as Bark-Bark-SQUIRREL-Bark) greet you as you approach, and you offer the friendly hound a long whiff of the scarf. The three of you follow him as he searches left and right and high and low. This unflatteringly scented journey winds through the muggy, tangled streets of Inksworth and even takes you up to the gate of the burgher's residence a surprising number of times. It continues until the sun is low and the search party is in a seedy part of town. Bark-Bark-SQUIRREL-Bark announces that the trail ends at a boarded up house and nervously asks to hire the holy order's services as bodyguards for the way home once you're done with your business.

You look around and see that a lot of the buildings in the area are in varied states of disrepair. Cobbles are missing from the street (and some of the present cobbles have been dislodged from their intended positions), uncleared rubble and boarded up windows abound, and there is disturbingly little recent waste in this neighborhood. The new recruit, Peck-Peck-Peck, says this part of town is generally believed to be haunted, and despite the crowding in other parts of Inksworth, hardly anyone stays here for more than a few weeks. Among the classic haunting symptoms, the most common appear to be strange noises, strange lights, and furniture moving by itself. Bark-Bark-SQUIRREL-Bark tends to agree and adds on that strange smells are part of it for those who care about such things. You come to suspect you're still missing something, because what little you can see of the interior of the building closest to the end of the scent trail suggests that it hasn't been used in months if not years, and there doesn't appear to be access for non-flyers anyway. The recruits are eager to break in, but maybe it would be a good idea to call in the whole order? Then again, it's perfectly possible that you've been spotted by Green Scarf fliers on nearby buildings, so maybe an immediate direct charge would prevent them from escaping pursuit. Add to this that you don't think they'll be that dangerous if they're mostly known for petty thefts and not armed robberies or murders.

Incidentally, the VOICES seem to be getting LOUDER. It would have been rather NICE to sneak off and DISCREETLY visit an appropriately aligned ECCLESIASTIC EDIFICE before it got too BAD, but maybe the VOICES will be slightly more harmonious after their brief vacation of QUIET. Anyway, you probably have ANOTHER DAY or two to take care of this before it REVERTS COMPLETELY.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 31, 2020, 06:35:20 am »

It is time to tear down the barricades and seek out these evil scarved criminals and destroy their den of corruption!

Also ignore all voices that wish to do that ritual thing that removes the voices as they are communist goats that wish to see you taken down a PATH OF EVIL and BADNESS!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 31, 2020, 06:56:12 am »

I think we could break in now to attack the Green Scarves, don’t destroy the building though, if you can help it, someone else could have use for it once the thieves are cleared out.

Also, you should get the blessing again when possible. You’ve shown yourself to be a good decision maker without our input. I wouldn’t want us to inadvertently lead you or your group to harm.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 31, 2020, 10:09:12 am »

"Where am I? In a CHICKEN?! What a stupid situation I'm in! Anyway, let's attack the thieves, let's CRUSH that bloody poultry to a pulp!"

"Yes fine, fine, let's do so, but we should stay civilized and assault those Green Scarves in orderly and knigthly fashion. But what's the problem about being a chicken? It's a most noble animal to be!"

"We shouldn't even discuss the will of the Chicken Gods to allow our mere existence! We were fated to be a chicken and this is not to be questioned. We should also make a prayer to our Gods and ask their assistance before assailing the bandits!"

"We are chikens! BAWK-BAWK-SKAWK! I'll peck those thieves to DEATH! I'll peck through their FLESH! AWWWK-AWWWK-SKAWK!"

"♪ The chickens were plucky, in their eyes gleamed their fury and they attacked without mercy! ♫"

The Many Voices As One have decided to attempt a brutal onslaught on the Green Scarves hideout and to call upon the Chicken Gods for their help before. They will probably be better organized next time they will speak.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 31, 2020, 01:15:09 pm »

Knock on the door and introduce ourselves as a scarf connoisseur, wearing our own scarf. Say that we've heard they have a wonderful array of matching scarves that we'd love to see in person. We've brought along our specialized scarf-artists who will put them in the next issue of Scarves Monthly, which will give them a hefty paycheck and probably chicks.

This is what we call HONORABLE DECEPTION allowing us to take down the thieves when they arn't even suspecting it!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29