Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: CHICKEN KNIGHT [SG]  (Read 25645 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Knight [SG]
« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2020, 03:08:36 pm »

Hm...I don’t know if we’re even being heard right now, so maybe it’ll not distract our body’s mind, host, creator of us to talk amongst ourselves. I don’t think we’re gods, I think we are personalities created by the one who owns this body, to (try to) guide him. Notice how we didn’t exist during his knightly training. Maybe we started as wisps of thought, gathering personality while exploring the mind, each of us copying different parts into ourselves, and thus, think of many different ways of dealing with a situation. That could be why he made us in the first place, or we could have been thought by accident. Either way, we need to work on agreeing in the future, hashing out a plan based on our differing thoughts, to iron out which parts work and which ones don’t, hopefully not confusing the one who we live in
Well, Manannan the god of water and spirit and void is literally me from a god game where we had a chicken pantheon for reasons. I didn't actually intend to set off all these in-jokes but when I made the comment about a dance to the chicken gods, I remembered this - it wasn't even meant to be related at first, just a weird funny thing to do, but once I remembered I felt that compulsion to make the reference, which is why it's thrown in at the bottom of the post like that. Then it just... became an easy well to go back to for characterisation, at least after Stirk (unknowingly?) made the direct connection and led me to reconsider it from a mere reference to those of us who were part of that pantheon actively recapitulating our characters from the time. KJP then essentially accepted this suggestion by referring to "actual chicken gods in attendance". At this point, at least, it becomes clear that, while the Chicken Knight may simply be deeply psychotic, it at least perceives a connection between the voices associated with those players and the corresponding gods. Which is good enough for me to keep going along with it.
However, I do feel a sense of mild discomfort about having inadvertently foisted all these in-jokes upon the other players, since literally the only ones here I think who have anything to do with it, besides KJP of course, are me and micelus. I mean, I might be forgetting people, it's been a while. So I do encourage the idea that other voices may have divergent interpretations of their own nature. BUT IC, of course, I am definitely going to assert that any voices caught disagreeing with me are clearly demonic and leading the chicken knight astray from the ONE TRUE PATH!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2020, 03:23:42 pm »

Hm...I don’t know if we’re even being heard right now, so maybe it’ll not distract our body’s mind, host, creator of us to talk amongst ourselves. I don’t think we’re gods, I think we are personalities created by the one who owns this body, to (try to) guide him. Notice how we didn’t exist during his knightly training. Maybe we started as wisps of thought, gathering personality while exploring the mind, each of us copying different parts into ourselves, and thus, think of many different ways of dealing with a situation. That could be why he made us in the first place, or we could have been thought by accident. Either way, we need to work on agreeing in the future, hashing out a plan based on our differing thoughts, to iron out which parts work and which ones don’t, hopefully not confusing the one who we live in
Well, Manannan the god of water and spirit and void is literally me from a god game where we had a chicken pantheon for reasons. I didn't actually intend to set off all these in-jokes but when I made the comment about a dance to the chicken gods, I remembered this - it wasn't even meant to be related at first, just a weird funny thing to do, but once I remembered I felt that compulsion to make the reference, which is why it's thrown in at the bottom of the post like that. Then it just... became an easy well to go back to for characterisation, at least after Stirk (unknowingly?) made the direct connection and led me to reconsider it from a mere reference to those of us who were part of that pantheon actively recapitulating our characters from the time. KJP then essentially accepted this suggestion by referring to "actual chicken gods in attendance". At this point, at least, it becomes clear that, while the Chicken Knight may simply be deeply psychotic, it at least perceives a connection between the voices associated with those players and the corresponding gods. Which is good enough for me to keep going along with it.
However, I do feel a sense of mild discomfort about having inadvertently foisted all these in-jokes upon the other players, since literally the only ones here I think who have anything to do with it, besides KJP of course, are me and micelus. I mean, I might be forgetting people, it's been a while. So I do encourage the idea that other voices may have divergent interpretations of their own nature. BUT IC, of course, I am definitely going to assert that any voices caught disagreeing with me are clearly demonic and leading the chicken knight astray from the ONE TRUE PATH!
Understood. Right now, my IC voice is musing about what it could be, it was all IC, I was a voice that didn’t manifest until later, I am fine with other voices being gods/perceiving themselves as such. I made sure to read through the thread before posting, not only so I knew what went on, but also, since we are voices in his brain, we’d all have his memories, since the brain and body are shared, and we are thoughts in that space/gods communicating through that space

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2020, 03:29:23 pm »

Understood. Right now, my IC voice is musing about what it could be, it was all IC, I was a voice that didn’t manifest until later, I am fine with other voices being gods/perceiving themselves as such. I made sure to read through the thread before posting, not only so I knew what went on, but also, since we are voices in his brain, we’d all have his memories, since the brain and body are shared, and we are thoughts in that space/gods communicating through that space
Oh, fair enough. I did think you were speaking OOC.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2020, 03:36:20 pm »

OOC talking of the body we share? Hmm...maybe I should italicize future IC things in the future

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2020, 03:55:42 pm »

I thought the terrible clarity we've been granted was supposed to stop this kind of nonsense!

We have innocent blood on our hands! How many goats died simply because our made ravings saw them as enemy's for no clear reason? How much clothing suffered our low-quality washing? What further travesties will happen once we once again lose clarity?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2020, 06:12:27 pm »

BAWK-BAAAAAWWWWWWWK!  ba-bawk-bawk-bawwwk-bawk. bawk-bawk?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2020, 09:14:30 pm »

SUGGEST AN ACCOUNTING OF CURRENT FINANCES TO SEE IF HIRING ADDITIONAL RECRUITS OR PERHAPS A MORE EXPENSIVE MERCENARY AT THE NEW TOWNS IS POSSIBLE.  ALSO SUGGEST WEARING BLUE SCARVES IN ORDER TO DRAW OUT THE GREEN SCARVES ONTO A TURF WAR.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2020, 06:06:20 am »

Quote from: Subtle manipulations
Do the quest!: Naturegirl1999, King Zultan
Medals!: Maximum Spin
Do your finances!: Maximum Spin, VoidSlayer
Repent, sinner!: Stirk
Knock something off a ledge!: A_Curious_Cat
Start a turf war!: VoidSlayer

As you go to sleep, you consider the puzzle that is the group's finances. Assuming no one is planning to get robbed or make any extravagant purchases in the next week or two, it's likely you could take on up to about half a dozen recruits while promoting the remaining recruits if you get good prices for the less useful loot. You wonder if hunting down outlaws along the various roads would be a good way to train up a nice flock legally while also padding your income. The group will undoubtedly be eager for any sort of mission involving violence, after all.

Your dreams this quiet night are confused and bizarre. You barely remember them in the morning, but you feel somewhat worse about the pointless blood feud against the goats for what was clearly the result of inebriated foolishness among other things. You're not sure how the others would react to this sudden change of heart, and Doodle-Crow doesn't appear to appreciate your lucidity much. What could possibly be the reason for this anyway?

Doodle-Crow crows at dawn, and you all gather up your belongings and take the road back to Breadlamb. Unencumbered by the books, you pass by the copse where the pheasants ambushed you last time. The tracks are still fresh for anyone caring to look. After another day of trudging, you are somewhat relieved to see the walls of Breadlamb as if there were any chance of it disappearing. You enter the bustling gates as the peasants begin leaving in droves for their homes (or entering in packs for the taverns).

The party's first order of business is delivering the monks' payment for the books, and luckily for you given the time, the librarian is both available and pleased to see just how much they apparently overpaid. Next, Doodle-Crow again requests that you split up for the next three days in search of leads regarding the Green Scarves or money-making opportunities (in nearby towns too if necessary). As a presumably honorable knight, you're not sure where a notorious gang of relic-stealing thieves would hide, but you could probably find some temporary work as a guard, champion, entertainer, or something.

Lacking much of a clue on where to start looking or what sort of work to look for, you may well be more receptive to the voices' suggestions. While considering your next move, you wonder where the next tournament will be while absent-mindedly donning a blue strip of cloth from the dress as a scarf for no apparent reason, knocking your horse off your table in the process.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2020, 06:15:36 am »

Hmm...what if you find something to dye your scarf green, to attempt infiltration of the gang? That might be way too risky, maybe if you try being an entertainer, the Green Scarves will not have as much of their guard up and you might find some of them. Upon finding one or more, follow them, eventually they will need to return to wherever their hideout is

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2020, 06:21:17 am »

WHY IS OUR NOBLE STEED ON THE TAB- was Madame Canterlot a toy the whole time? This is depressing.

We should perhaps go to the seedier taverns in taverns and markets with the alibi that we're in the market for a certain sort of relic. Describe the relic that was stolen and see what the merchants say.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2020, 07:04:12 am »

WHY HAVE WE DECIDED THAT GOATS ARE NOT THE ENEMY, WHAT'S WRONG WITH US?

Also to the taverns for information!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2020, 07:14:59 am »

WHY HAVE WE DECIDED THAT GOATS ARE NOT THE ENEMY, WHAT'S WRONG WITH US?

Also to the taverns for information!
Goats never initiated the attacks, we have, both times, also do we even know what the relic looks like? Can’t really describe a thing we don’t know much about other than it got stolen

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2020, 11:43:26 am »

Goats never initiated the attacks, we have, both times, also do we even know what the relic looks like? Can’t really describe a thing we don’t know much about other than it got stolen
I disagree with every part of this.

Have a holy vision showing where the relic is, and also, where lots of unguarded money which doesn't belong to anyone who matters is, or at least a really good job.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2020, 09:23:43 pm »

YES DO AN ENTERTAINMENT JOB BECOME BREADLAMBS NEXT TOP MODEL!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2020, 12:21:56 am »

Be an entertainer in the taverns: Naturegirl1999, VoidSlayer
Look for relics of questionable legality in the taverns: micelus
Look for information in the taverns: King Zultan
Have a prophetic vision (also in the taverns): Maximum Spin

You end up going to a tavern looking for a position as an entertainer while gathering information on the Green Scarves and Breadlamb as a whole. The barmonkey says there is an opening for an entertaining bouncer and will be with you shortly after things are less busy and gets back to serving drinks to the patrons. You listen for any interesting and possibly relevant conversations nearby while waiting:
  • "...so anyway, I took the frogs--because it was a legal deal and I wanted everything above the board, see--only to be duped by Honest Dave again! They were leaf dolls! A cart full of leaf dolls! Could you imagine? Leaf dolls in..."
  • "I heard the Earl of Grey's messengers were in town yesterday. Strange fellows."
  • "Psst! Hey buddy! Wanna buy some saintsticks?"
  • "...dense can you be, seriously? Everyone knows the Chicken Gods don't exist and we're better off that way! Those kinslaying fools can go kiss my rattle from their pit of...!"
  • "*hic* Yer all my friendsh! *hic* Barman, one ournd for all my firendsh in thish hear eshtabublishment!"
  • "...why the roads aren't safe. I don't know why the local lords aren't sending out more patrols. I'm sure we'll beat Corvid's crowards in one or two months tops. Surely they can't be that hard to..."
  • "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT? WANNA PIECE OF ME, HUH? IZZAT WHAT YOU WANT?"
  • "...insolent kids, always picking my pockets! If I see their stupid scarves again, I'll call the captain of the guard on them!"
  • "...to find out what their secret scribal magic is. A thousand perfect copies in a week? Nobody writes that fast in this town! Two more weeks and I'm sending Vinny to teach them a little lesson. Capisce?"
  • "...of which is on this here map. No cuts, no invisible ink, no funny business or your money back guaranteed. So what do you say? 900 to Honest Dave and I'll even throw in my secret metal-detecting stick no extra charge! Don't wait! Treasure maps have a...regrettable tendency to get sliced up and sold separately in these here parts..."
  • "...Honey, the pumpkins are getting more expensive again. Did we sell the contract yesterday or the day before?"
  • "Haro! Haro! Haro! À l'aide, mon prince! On me fait tort! Haro! Haro! Haro!"
  • "You haven't paid for your room or your drinks for the last month! Your little prance isn't dumb enough to set little old you free just for being family! You just wait and see!

Would you like to Investigate someone (and if so, who?), continue to Listen, or tune out and Wait for your interview?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29