Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: CHICKEN KNIGHT [SG]  (Read 25625 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: CHICKEN KNIGHT [SG]
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2020, 10:33:27 am »

Once someone has more power than someone else, it is no longer communism, it is an autocracy

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2020, 11:59:55 am »

PERFORM THE BLESSING! I KEEP LEAVING MY CAPS LOCK ON AFTER POSTING HERE AND IT MAKES COMMANDS ALL CONFUSING SINCE EVERYTHING IS NOW SHOUTING.

Once someone has more power than someone else, it is no longer communism, it is an autocracy

YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE A KNIGHT RIGHT? THIS IS A FORM OF NOBILITY MEANING THAT WE HAVE MORE PHYSICAL, SOCIAL, AND HOLY POWER THAN MOST PEOPLE. IF WE HAVE NO POWER COMPARED TO EVERYONE ELSE THAN THERE IS NO POINT TO BEING A KNIGHT AND THOSE LOOSERS CAN TAKE CARE OF THEIR OWN PROBLEM. PLUS LIKE THE GODS KEEP SHOUTING AT US. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE IS EQUAL TO THE GODS? IF SO THAN THAT ISN'T VERY PIUS, IF NOT THAN YOUR COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMUNISM IS IMPOSSIBLE SINCE THEY'RE LIKE RIGHT THERE. WE ALSO HAVE GOAT RACISM. ARE YOU SAYING CHICKEN AND GOATS ARE EQUALLY, AND THUS EQUALLY LIKELY TO DESTROY THE WORLD AND HAVE SINS NAMED AFTER THEM?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2020, 12:08:18 pm »

PERFORM THE BLESSING! I KEEP LEAVING MY CAPS LOCK ON AFTER POSTING HERE AND IT MAKES COMMANDS ALL CONFUSING SINCE EVERYTHING IS NOW SHOUTING.

YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE A KNIGHT RIGHT? THIS IS A FORM OF NOBILITY MEANING THAT WE HAVE MORE PHYSICAL, SOCIAL, AND HOLY POWER THAN MOST PEOPLE. IF WE HAVE NO POWER COMPARED TO EVERYONE ELSE THAN THERE IS NO POINT TO BEING A KNIGHT AND THOSE LOOSERS CAN TAKE CARE OF THEIR OWN PROBLEM. PLUS LIKE THE GODS KEEP SHOUTING AT US. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE IS EQUAL TO THE GODS? IF SO THAN THAT ISN'T VERY PIUS, IF NOT THAN YOUR COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMUNISM IS IMPOSSIBLE SINCE THEY'RE LIKE RIGHT THERE. WE ALSO HAVE GOAT RACISM. ARE YOU SAYING CHICKEN AND GOATS ARE EQUALLY, AND THUS EQUALLY LIKELY TO DESTROY THE WORLD AND HAVE SINS NAMED AFTER THEM?
Yes, the gods and us both have minds, and all minds have the possibility of mistakes. Chickens and goats, as well as any organism in sufficient numbers, has a possibility of destroying ecosystems, and since the world is an ecosystem, yes, both chickens and goats have the possibility of destroying ecosystems. If everyone works for the good of everyone else, ecosystems can remain intact, since we, along with everyone, will be working to preserve them rather than eating/drinking everything. If all creatures are united, we can solve global problems rather than fighting inter and intra species wars

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2020, 03:49:53 pm »

THIS VOICE HAS GONE ALL LOOPY. DECRYING THE SOCIAL ORDER AND THE INHERENT INEQUALITY OF SPECIES?! LUDICROUS! OH BRAVE CHICKEN KNIGHT, LISTEN NOT TO THE INSANE VOICE THAT TO DESIRES TO LEAD YOU ASTRAY.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2020, 03:52:28 pm »

Yes, the gods and us both have minds, and all minds have the possibility of mistakes. Chickens and goats, as well as any organism in sufficient numbers, has a possibility of destroying ecosystems, and since the world is an ecosystem, yes, both chickens and goats have the possibility of destroying ecosystems. If everyone works for the good of everyone else, ecosystems can remain intact, since we, along with everyone, will be working to preserve them rather than eating/drinking everything. If all creatures are united, we can solve global problems rather than fighting inter and intra species wars
Goats are intrinsically incapable of caring about the world, cooperation, and uniting with other animals due to their inability to feel anything but hunger and contempt. You sound like some kind of FILTHY HERETIC. Especially that bit about gods making mistakes. Stay in your lane, regular, non-divine psychosis voice!
THIS VOICE HAS GONE ALL LOOPY. DECRYING THE SOCIAL ORDER AND THE INHERENT INEQUALITY OF SPECIES?! LUDICROUS! OH BRAVE CHICKEN KNIGHT, LISTEN NOT TO THE INSANE VOICE THAT TO DESIRES TO LEAD YOU ASTRAY.
+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2020, 04:10:57 pm »

Goats are intrinsically incapable of caring about the world, cooperation, and uniting with other animals due to their inability to feel anything but hunger and contempt. You sound like some kind of FILTHY HERETIC. Especially that bit about gods making mistakes. Stay in your lane, regular, non-divine psychosis voice!
+1
Remember when there was a conversation with goats until we led an attack on them? We were the ones who instigated that conflict, for that matter, we never asked the goats what feelings they felt. While I might not have manifested until later in time, we all share a body, and thus a mind, and thus I have the memories our host has. Just because I might have thoughts outside of the other thought frameworks here, doesn’t mean I’m insane. What...what are we, but collections of thoughts inside of our host’s head? We aren’t gods, any more than the various thoughts in any other body are gods. Thoughts cannot be gods

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2020, 04:17:08 pm »

Thoughts cannot be gods
[citation needed]

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2020, 04:23:33 pm »

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2020, 09:58:03 pm »

YEAH YOU SHOULD PROBABLY GET THAT BLESSING GIVEN THE WEIRDNESS CONVERSATION THAT JUST HAPPENED.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2020, 10:06:23 pm »

Agreed, then head to the library and learn about anatomy of various birds as well as learning about which plants are poisonous or not

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Chicken Knight [SG]
« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2020, 06:10:53 am »

Accept blessing: micelus, Naturegirl1999, Stirk, Voidslayer
Decline blessing: King Zultan, Maximum Spin
Up to CHICKEN KNIGHT PIOUS AURA ALONE: Superdorf

YOU GRACIOUSLY ACCEPT ELMEDO'S LESSER CLARITY, AND FOR THe first time in ages, that buzzing in the brain and irritating narration reporting on your every decision and calling in the other voices in times of uncertainty is quiet enough to ignore. You also feel more constrained by laws in all their aspects, from the physical ones that govern the universe to the legal ones that proscribe theft and murder. Getting used to this could take some time.

"That's not enough, though. Your blessing will fade in only a few days without sufficient piety. You'll want to pray and make an appropriate offering to The Inspiration every week if you want to keep it. I hope I was able to give you some comfort after all that..torment."

Basking in the relative silence, you saunter over to the library in search of interesting tomes to feed your inner scholar. You meet Doodle-Crow as you cross the courtyard and get an urge to share a few ideas on advertising holy order services to the monks. What comes out instead is a vague plan to work for the monks for some time with small favors here and there. Doodle-Crow seems taken aback by something you said but says he'll consider your advice for the party's next job.

You arrive at the library and find it incredibly well stocked for such a small monastery. With tall (for chickens) shelves lining the walls, and a few stacks of books on the floor, you suspect you'd be able to find a book for almost any topic given enough time. The babbling of the brook outside is more attractive than it has any right to be, but you chalk it up to not constantly hearing the mysterious and often helpful voices. You begin by looking for knightly knowledge and find an illustrated catalog of coats of arms in the realm as of eleven years ago, an unillustrated taxonomy of polearms, a record of horse pedigrees that curiously neglects to mention wooden horses, a book of advice for the undiscerning mercenary, a study of easily constructed siege weapons and countermeasures, and a tract on recorded amphibious battles of the last century with commentary.

Next, you look for the botany tomes you were hired to bring here (which you curiously didn't get around to reading while traveling here). The first explores the possibility of life on the moon and various impractical experiments useful for testing this line of speculation, another describes one weird trick for predicting the distribution of pea plant traits given their parents' traits which is specifically noted to be hated by farmers for no apparent reason, and the next three are volumes in an illustrated encyclopedia of crop plants and common pests. You suppose these are edible, but you're not really sure why you thought to read up on this specifically.

You notice a strange contraption of metal and glass on a table next to several drawings of eldritch plants and animals. Perhaps the elder monks will want to hear of this in case someone is trying to summon demons or something. It's almost suppertime, but you feel compelled to see if there's any information on outlandish peoples with folded swords and plush totems. You feel slight unease or maybe relief that there is information on supposed sightings of headless peoples and serpent-ape hybrids and decide that you've done enough scholarship for an entire month (+++Knightly Knowledge).

Dinner is exactly as bland as you'd expect of monastery food, and the meal isn't quite filling enough, but you dare not insult the monks' hospitality. You notice Doodle-Crow making suspicious glances at you and whispering to the two Chicken Recruits several times during the meal. What little gossip you can pick up from the monks suggests that there is an ongoing legal battle over the ownership of the land on the other side of the babbling brook, which isn't always there after particularly hot, dry summers. Among other issues, a previous boundary using a now-obsolete course of the brook could easily be interpreted as putting the monastery squarely in the Earl of Grey's land.

After the party has regrouped in the woods outside, Doodle-Crow announces that the holy order's first mission is taking a saintly relic of the Chicken Gods back from a band of thieves. Known as the Green Scarves for their green scarves, they have been sighted in nearby towns, and their hideouts are largely unknown. Doodle-Crow emphasizes that hunting the Green Scarves down is more of a long-term goal at the moment, and that just searching in towns with Green Scarf activity is likely to turn up good leads for knightly advancement. The two Chicken Recruits respond with over-the-top cheers as if they were in a crowd at a tournament. Doodle-Crow says the holy order will begin the trip back to the town of Breadlamb at dawn and that everyone's wages are paid for and stares pointedly at you for the last part.

Would you like to suggest anything before going to sleep or after waking up?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 06:16:51 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2020, 06:59:31 am »

Don’t suggest anything, question Doodle Crow about the suspicious glances and whispering during supper no don’t do that, what if he’s plotting to kill you? Don’t make suggestions, nod, and follow his orders, as long as we’re useful, he won’t exile or kill us

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2020, 07:49:14 am »

IF HE EXILES US WE CAN JUST START OUR OWN HOLY ORDER WITH BLACK JACK AND HOOKERS GOAT HATRED AND NO COMMUNISM!

BUT FOR NOW LET US GO RECLAIM THIS HOLY RELIC IN THE NAME OF OUR GODS!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2020, 10:27:13 am »

An ominous storm brews over the cathedral. The cool moist breath of the Lord of Spirit ripples across the land as lightning crackles between the clouds.

Under the distant sea, unco creatures with sharp teeth stir from long dormancy. Unsteadily, they gather armfuls of cursed gold from ancient shipwrecks, pallid cloudy pearls, and strange glowing emeralds, carrying their spoils toward the surface for a purpose they do not yet understand...

Great hero-chicken, listen to me. Let the flow of spirit guide you. Let the void draw you. Though the decision to still the voices of your gods is questionable, I hope that I may yet reach you with the distraction of the other voices, which are probably demons, quieted. You have done well, and the time has come to accede to the leadership of your successor. A new role has been granted you: the role of managing the resources of your order and thus the very souls of your comrades. Your responsibility does not end at the group's material treasure, but encompasses its knightly renown and piety as well. You must ensure the needs of the order are provided for, and you must ensure above all else that they have medals, which are the implement by which knights of a holy order may commune with their gods. Therefore you must remain vigilant and keep your eyes open for potential resources and opportunities at all times — yet always remember that you must simply inform your leader and humbly carry out his will, and not act rashly for the sake of gain. Great things are ahead for you, o chosen of the gods, but it is still up to you to achieve them...

Also, unrelatedly, put on some travelling music, such as the excellent track 'The Dead God's Rise' from the album 'Blessings for the Fallen' by 'Bad Platypus'. The genre is Ghost Metal.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 10:33:16 am by Maximum Spin »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2020, 02:47:44 pm »

Hm...I don’t know if we’re even being heard right now, so maybe it’ll not distract our body’s mind, host, creator of us to talk amongst ourselves. I don’t think we’re gods, I think we are personalities created by the one who owns this body, to (try to) guide him. Notice how we didn’t exist during his knightly training. Maybe we started as wisps of thought, gathering personality while exploring the mind, each of us copying different parts into ourselves, and thus, think of many different ways of dealing with a situation. That could be why he made us in the first place, or we could have been thought by accident. Either way, we need to work on agreeing in the future, hashing out a plan based on our differing thoughts, to iron out which parts work and which ones don’t, hopefully not confusing the one who we live in
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29