Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84440 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #1560 on: May 24, 2022, 05:34:49 pm »

"Aha, well. Mostly I was hoping to do something like I did with Dora last fight. Keep fighting against him for long enough that you all can handle the rest of the class and then we can all beat him up together. But... Mmm. We'll see. I do want to fight him, but at the end of the day, we'll need to do what's best for the fight as a whole. Separating him from his team is a good idea though. They're... dangerous. That much is clear from the fight today."

He looked out over the scorched and frozen arena in front of them, gently tapping his fan against his chin as he considered what all he had seen today. The fight was certainly going to be an interesting one. Especially with how Kaya seemed to view Steven. He would have to be careful to try and keep her away from him during the fight. Not that he didn't think she would sabotage the team intentionally, but he wasn't sure she would be able to fight at full power against him either.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight
« Reply #1561 on: May 26, 2022, 04:21:53 pm »

As Theodora limps out of the arena, she sees Lin.
"Huh? Lin? You....want to check my equipment?"

Kaya nods at Orrel.
"Yeah, I'm going to. He did so weelll!"
She practically bounds towards the exits, waiting for Steven to appear.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1562 on: May 26, 2022, 08:27:52 pm »

"Y-yeah." She tried her best to hide her growing embarrassment. "You're, y'know, a good fighter, and that was a tough fight, so I figured it would be nice to look over your - er, nice to offer to look over your gear, make sure it's in top fighting shape."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: June 04, 2022, 07:04:15 pm »

"They're....fine, but I appreciate your concern. You seem quite worried, so I'll let you have a look if that will assuage your worries."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: June 05, 2022, 02:28:50 pm »

Arnett was somewhat frazzled by all of the sparks flying between the tournaments, so he decided to do something that calmed him down during the great battle between the two rival classes. Between all of the steel clashing, magic being thrown around, and the cheers of the entire crowd around him, the noise might normally be disorienting to Arnett. However, by holding a little pad and working with pencil sketches rather than his favored paint (because he'd rather not get paint on someone next to him, not because he'd get beaten up but because Orrel was only a seat away and they'd get beaten up). It wasn't quite a still life, as everything went too fast, but he was able to quickly draw up a sketch of the moment of Steven's sword and Theodora's spear colliding. He had time to work out the details, but he missed out on properly cheering due to capturing the little details.

Even off to his own corner after the battle, Arnett continued cleaning up the sketch and making the two shapeless posed figures resemble Theodora and Steven a little more. It wasn't a proper battle warmup, but it kept him from being nauseous (both from the idea of using his Arte and from the tenseness of the battle). That, to him, was the most important thing; especially when considering that the picture wasn't turning out poorly in the slightest, but some of the finer details of their anatomy were just a little off. Arnett was a master of the brush first and foremost, but practice with other tools always helped.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: June 07, 2022, 07:25:39 am »

"This next round does look very promising. Oh, I can feel the FIRE burning in my heart!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1566 on: June 07, 2022, 11:01:44 am »

"R-right. I don't actually doubt you, by the way, I just uh- nevermind. Here, let me help you out of your armor." Without really waiting for Theodora to respond, Lin moved to begin the task in question.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: June 07, 2022, 12:08:35 pm »

Delwyn had been looking over Arnett's shoulder from a distance - trying not to actually disturb him - but she looked up at Ricardo's words.

"Are you sure that's not just indigestion?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: June 07, 2022, 07:42:17 pm »

Theodora practically jumps away from Lin.
"W-wait, not out here!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1569 on: June 08, 2022, 12:48:09 pm »

"Huh? What- oh. Oh oh oh crap I didn't mean to- I uh- damnit-!" Lin buried her face in my hands."S-sorry I wasn't really thinking. . . I-I should probably just leave you alone, sorry for bothering you. . ." Her embarrassment was quite literally palpable as the heat in the air spiked. She took an awkward step back, then began to turn to leave, already berating herself.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: June 08, 2022, 01:05:08 pm »

"Clearly you aren't very well educated in the world of music and art. This is what a performer feels before a big show! The eagerness to play and hear the crowd cheer!"
"That and you shouldn't take things in the literal sense, otherwise you might just confuse yourself. Especially when listening to certain songs."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: June 08, 2022, 02:45:02 pm »

"Well educated, huh?" Delwyn briefly pressed her lips into a thin line, but when she spoke again her tone remained light.

"I think I'll still pass on that figurative heartburn, Mr. True Artist."

She also wasn't sure but it seemed like something weird was happening over there with Theodora and Lin. Delwyn decided to file away nosing into that until sometime later.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: June 12, 2022, 07:15:15 pm »

"No! No, Lin, I appreciate your concern, honestly! But....please, let me at least get into the changing rooms before you take my armor off. My undershirt is....it doesn't leave much to the imagination and I'd rather not show that off."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: July 18, 2022, 09:59:09 am »

As the hype from the victory winds down, Class 3-F finds its way to leave the temporary stadium set up. They are, suddenly, harangued by Professor Greyhame.

"Class 3-F. Good, I was hoping to find you. Do you have a minute?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1574 on: July 18, 2022, 01:53:40 pm »

"No! No, Lin, I appreciate your concern, honestly! But....please, let me at least get into the changing rooms before you take my armor off. My undershirt is....it doesn't leave much to the imagination and I'd rather not show that off."

"S-Sorry. Didn't think- Sorry. Um. Okay. Sure." Not trusting herself to say any more for the moment, she sealed her lips and headed off toward the changing rooms. Lin was expecting Theodora to not show up, but it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to her. It would just be disappointing.

"Class 3-F. Good, I was hoping to find you. Do you have a minute?"

The belgor tilted her head.
"Sure, probably." Lin shrugged; she didn't really speak for the rest of the class.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 113