Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84430 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight
« Reply #1590 on: August 06, 2022, 07:42:39 pm »

"Well, well. Can't say I expected to hear THAT kind of answer. Doesn't sound that noble of a cause if they are doing that."
After getting the desired information, he gave a thumbs up to Greyhame.
"Clear as crystal, prof."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: August 06, 2022, 09:36:59 pm »

Arnett was, frankly, quiet throughout the discussions of the Seekers of Calamity. He nodded along mostly to what Professor Greyhame and Orrel would say— but internally, his mind was a storm of thoughts. There was so much of a legacy that his father had left behind- a legacy that Orrel was going to inherit and go up against. He still hadn't forgotten how hardly noticed he was in the eyes of that man who spoke to his brother, hardly noticing the little brother as he shrunk into the crowd without a single word to say in defiance. After a little bit, Arnett started tuning out everything and twirled a little paintbrush in his hand— hoping that nobody noticed his idle fidgeting as his eyes showed that he stopped following what was going on... mostly for the sake of his own sanity.

It wasn't that he was running, surely— it was more that he was taking a backseat. That was how he usually rolled, even during the class's battles— he took a backseat while everyone else did spectacular feats. Sure, it sounded cool, but even if he was able to do something so amazing... how could he live with that pressure? The attention? What if the Seekers turned their eyes on him and he wouldn't have the same spine that Orrel did?

"...clear."

A single word that was said only because everyone else was saying it.

...Too much. Arnett wished he could just start sketching without looking tremendously rude to Professor Greyhame.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: August 06, 2022, 11:26:31 pm »

Rika blended into that crowd too, but she put a reassuring hand on Arnett's shoulder when he spoke.

"We got it, teach."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: August 06, 2022, 11:31:29 pm »

Orrel reached out and grabbed his brother's hand for a brief second, giving it a squeeze. Looking back at his brother, he nodded, care clear in his eyes, and quietly whispered to him

"You're doing great. Remember, Dad would be proud of all you've accomplished already."

Letting going of Arnett's hand, he turned back to the professor and nodded.

"Absolutely understandable, Professor. We will keep the information you give us secret. We don't want to risk anything you've been working towards."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: August 06, 2022, 11:35:27 pm »

Arnett wasn't expecting Rika's hand, and once it landed on his shoulder, it quickly yanked him out of the dark spiraling abyss that was his mind. Then, just as he was unable to catch his footing once he readjusted to his surroundings, another hand got him back on balance— his brother's hand, reminding him that he was always there. As if to take a breath of air after being underwater for so long, Arnett spoke up.

"C-Clear! Got it...!" It was a sudden outburst, again mostly miming what was previously said, but with a little more gusto before he turned to attention at Orrel. There, he calmed down and softened up a bit more.

"Th... thank you." Knowing that he was doing well was something he needed to hear. Though Arnett stuck closely to Rika and Orrel, he managed to stand up straighter and not let his mind wander.

If I lose control of my mind, then I lose... I can't let everyone down like that. I just gotta keep going...

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: August 09, 2022, 09:11:53 am »

Kruger looked at what happened between Arnett, Orrel and Rika.

"I can't fathom why you would lack in faith regarding yourself, Arnett."
"You need to be proud of yourself. It does not matter if your brother is proud of you, or your father, or anyone else, it is naught effort unless you find the pride within you."

He turned his body towards the professor again, although he allowed himself one glance over his shoulder.

"Though if it makes a difference for you, know that you have earned my respect a while ago. Me believing in you being capable of doing the right thing means I can further focus on pulling my weight for the team. Do not shatter that conception of mine."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: August 14, 2022, 09:20:11 pm »

Now, Arnett was starting to feel somewhat of a melty mess from all of the praise. He wasn't expecting this much of a reaction, nor was he expecting himself to be so obvious about it. He felt bad... but at the same time, it felt nice to be reminded he wasn't a pushover.

"Th... thank you. I'll- I'll make sure to keep doing my best from here on- I... I promise."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: August 16, 2022, 04:12:14 pm »

Professor Greyhame nods approvingly
"Excellent praise. Sorry if I must be blunt. I have somewhere to be and this is important information."

He clears his throat.
"According to my mole in their group, the Seekers of Calamity are a very tightly-knit group. Their goal, according to my source, is to seek redress against the Order. One of their previous incarnations was an activist group, the Families of Huraw, a peaceful protest group aimed at getting the Order to make reparations, including for events such as the Volskaya Disaster."
"Their leadership was originally a pair of former Order members, but they were found....dead several years ago, before the group disappeared underground. The cause of death was unknown. Nobody could figure it out. However, their leadership now is more radical."
"According to my source, there are five known leaders of the Seekers, all known by codenames. First, a Volpes Fera woman, codenamed Silence. A woman of her physical description has been seen near crimes against Order personnel dating to before the Seekers arose. She's an active suspect in multiple police investigations. She is known to possess pyrokinesis, most likely her Arte. Silence is their combat expert. Bloodthirsty."
"Secondly, a Cetus Fera female, codenamed Temperance. Leave her to me. Her file is classified."
"Thirdly, a Homid male, short in stature, codenamed Wisdom. The scientific expert of their organisation, my source suggests that he's working on a method of controlling Fiends mentally, using them as attack animals. Not very well-liked."
"They have two junior members of their leadership. A young Rana Fera woman, codenamed Penitence and a young Salis man, codenamed Justice. The latter, you met at Blackby. Penitence, we suspect, might be a Volskaya survior and we're looking through records, but Justice? We have an actual name for him. Joaquin Gutierrez, native of the Maharlika Islands. His father was an Order member, killed in the line of duty suppressing an accident in Huraw, a city in Maharlika. Some Fiends captured for study to develop better anti-Fiend measures broke free due to improper storage procedures. It was a horrible accident; the individuals responsible were censured and heavily fined. Mr. Gutierrez's wife passed away shortly after, and young Joaquin disappeared not long after."
"We also know of three other members. Obedience; we suspect they might be an Andvar, given their large structure, but they are constantly wearing armor that obscures their identity. Patience; a Homid male, distinguished by his Arte with the ability to corrode objects he is in contact with. And finally....."
"Their leader, Mercy. Of them....even our sources know very little."

Theodora tilts her head.

Then, she offers Lin a smile.
"You are, huh? ....you know, you could have just talked to me without asking to see my armor in private. It's....something of an interest of mine, too."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: September 16, 2022, 02:44:56 am »

"That's... a lot." Delwyn was going to pretend like she wasn't going to forget half of that by the time this conversation finished even if she really tried. Arnett getting a bunch of support had been a bit distracting too. Not in a bad way, she'd just thought it would be a little too much for her to pile on as well, especially in front of the professor.

"Is there something we have to do with all that, or are you about to ask us for the whole 'need to know what you know' part?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1599 on: September 16, 2022, 09:16:32 am »

Earlier
"O-oh. No I don't think I could have honestly. Not because of you. I'm just. Nervous." Despite her words, Lin was palpably relaxing, the temperature around her cooling off. "People are hard. Didn't mean to make it weird."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: September 16, 2022, 04:59:25 pm »

"No need. I also came to warn you that as soon as the tournament is over, we will be tasking you with some missions for reconnaissance at sites we suspect the Seekers have struck. Nothing at the frontine; you're still students, after all. But we want you to know what you'll be up against."

"Oh, I....totally get that. Honestly, I'm....also not good with people."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: September 16, 2022, 05:34:29 pm »

"Can't say I expected this much excitement this soon, but you bet I am up for this."
"Still, I don't get why they are taking this weird path if they are looking for 'justice'. Going out on about and trying to involve innocent folks in this mess ain't going to solve shite."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1602 on: September 16, 2022, 05:40:33 pm »

"Wish we could be at the frontline. I hate those guys and I want to ruin more of their plans."

Earlier
"Really?" Lin seemed genuinely disbelieving. "But you're all popular and stuff. You have tons of friends, I have like. Five? And I haven't set any of them on fire yet, so who knows."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: September 18, 2022, 06:16:42 pm »

"Your guess is as good as mine.

On a lighter note....how are you all enjoying the tournament? I understand you defeated Class 3-C."

Theodora blinks.
"...I....don't really have that many friends. I have...Andreas and Kaede, but....."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1604 on: September 19, 2022, 09:39:44 pm »

"I'm okay. Wish Uncle Hansi was here."

Earlier

". . . huh. Weird." Lin fell quiet for a moment, then realized her mistake. "Er, I mean, I guess I don't understand why. You're nice and talented and stuff, and you've never thrown a leg at someone in a fit of rage. I think."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 113