West!
- 1 (14.3%)
Neither.
- 2 (28.6%)
The White.
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25

Author Topic: Re: Divine Duel Turn X- Hiatus [1 Tribe Spot open]  (Read 23014 times)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Duel Turn 6- Era of Beginnings
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2020, 08:17:13 am »

Civilization Name: The Tauri
Starting Tile: C3
Species Description:  A race of Minotaurs.  They are violent and territorial, and like to dwell in mazes.

It's not clear if I can do things yet; if so, have 3 pops scavenge for food at C3, and 2 pops scavenge for food at C4.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2020, 07:06:14 pm »

They are dead this turn anyway, even without that. I was thinking of leaving them as beasts that haunt D3 as a type of hazard.
If I get a say, this sounds like a fitting fate for the civ I'd hoped to play the front liners.

Civilization Name: The Tauri
Starting Tile: C3
Species Description:  A race of Minotaurs.  They are violent and territorial, and like to dwell in mazes.

It's not clear if I can do things yet; if so, have 3 pops scavenge for food at C3, and 2 pops scavenge for food at C4.
Welcome to the team.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2020, 09:29:06 am »

Jaanin'Maldaraak noted that all of players appear to have posted, and predicts that the next turn will be processed very soon if the game did not die.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2020, 10:06:56 am »

Jaanin'Maldaraak noted that all of players appear to have posted, and predicts that the next turn will be processed very soon if the game did not die.
Turn should be out tomorrow at the latest. I've mostly been trapped in reading fanfiction when I'm not playing minecraft and failing to kill a skeleton cause of lacking a mouse.

Actions Locked, by the way.

As the update, only thing is writing the update, numbers have been rolled. Someone got hurt finally, but no one died. (Other than the Blenderong being gone feral officially now)

NG didn't bother to specify what tool research, so waiting on confirmation on that.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 12:49:13 pm by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Duel Turn 7- Puzzles, Tauri, and Clues.
« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2020, 04:44:38 pm »

Turn 7
Small note on what happened to the Blenderong.
It becomes clear to those watching that whateer spark gave them the ability to work together is no more. Instead they have become naught but beasts, eating, sleeping exposed to the elements, and occasionally increasing their number, only for the old to be torn to shreds. What is left is something to be feared by those who would gather from their territory, but also to be pitied, though the gods have none for such base behavior. One could say this is the result of those who rely on luck or instincts alone to survive.

As a result, both Gods can now Ponder the Blenderong to create a Beast Template at reduced cost.
D3 is now the territory of the Blenderong Beasts. Tread with a big pointy stick and knowledge of the dangers involved in hunting here.

In another turn of events, a new civilization sprouts nearby upon one of the many plains owned by Thul. The Tauri have risen to claim C3 their own, though they merely are renting from the one true god of course.

Racial Trait- Elden Linage: Requires larger infrastructure, boosting the amount of materials and/or Labor needed to build. However Tauri have a higher base Labor ability when working on such projects, meaning that they can go faster overall compared to other tribes, and they don't care as much about the elements.

Now back to the present.

Turn 7- Puzzles, Tauri, and Clues.

Thul, Purity of Avarice, Ponders the Replenishment of Basic Food. The energy soaking in to restore the land offers insight in how one can accelerate regrowth. 2/?
He then, as any great god does, copies the action of his opponent in making a River for 3 FP.

Jaanin'Maldaraak continues to Ponder, dedicated to his task. He can feel himself growing closer. 7/12
Not so dedicated to forget to improve his portfoilio however. He creates the Floodplains, a strange tile of little initial value at first glance. There is little land on which to scavenge, and the valley walls are difficult to access.

The West

They haven fallen to become mere beasts.

Spiderlings
2 workers Pray to Thul. +2 FP.
1 worker scavenges B4, finding 2 food.
1 worker tries to scavenge C5, but ended up treading the same areas, finding 0 food.
1 worker researches trap making
1 worker researches tool making

The Zebra Commonwealth
1 Worker Prays to Thul. +1 FP.
1 Worker scavenges for food at C7, finding 2 Food.
2 Workers Scavenge C6, finding 4 Food.

The East

Zastarn Bonekin
4 workers scavenge F2, finding 10 food. However 1 worker ended up taking a bad fall, and was injured. They won't be able to work next turn.
1 worker Prays to Jaanin'Maldaraak. +1 FP

Swampmen of Uudvurk
1 of the workers going to the swampland instead spends their time in Prayer. +1 FP
The other worker is unable to find any food in the swampland as a result, only finding places already tread last time.
2 Workers Scavenge the Wetlands, finding 6 Food.

Extradimensionals
2 Workers scavenge F6, finding 4 food.
2 Workers scavenge G6, finding 3 food.
3 workers decide to research Plant Lore,

!Interruption!
Plant Lore: 50+                                                                                                                         
Multiple Technology Trees Missing. Difficult to Research with current knowledge.   
The Extradimesionals fall into an argument on how to start, and end up splitting their research into three leads. 1 researchs Farming. The other 2 research Foraging and Regent Gathering respectively. Upon return, many Extradimesionals find the research into the gathering of regents for healing odd.

Thul, +3 FP from Tribes
Jaanin'Maldaraak, +2 FP from Tribes

Spoiler: Thul's Western Tribes (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 06:31:19 pm by TricMagic »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2020, 05:30:38 pm »

((It seems all civs on the same side share technologies...?))

The Tauri

2 workers research Trapmaking
1 worker prays to Thul
1 worker scavenges for food at C3
1 worker scavenges for food at C4

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2020, 05:43:44 pm »

Jaanin'Maldaraak
Jaanin'Maldaraak considers the circumstances of his...

It looked like the Swampmen had enough resources to increase their population this turn. They were going to need all the gatherers that they could get.

The research of his followers were all over the map. Had they focused on just one then it would probably have been completed by now. They were going to need such technologies in order to get much bigger. Getting regular bigger was still quite possible provided that they split their foraging efforts among multiple tiles.

Jaanin'Maldaraak ponders tile detail observation
There's only so much flavor text you can get out of one research subject.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2020, 05:52:46 pm »

((It seems all civs on the same side share technologies...?))

This is correct. Nice to see you again.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2020, 06:17:41 pm »

Thul, Purity of Avarice
He observes the void that should be a river at B7 in confusion. The Traveler of Ruination must be to blame, and stronger than expected, for The Purity of Avarice would never make such a mistake as misplacing an entire river on the wrong side of a tribe.

The loss of the Blenderong is a disappointing and harsh blow. Perhaps the new Tauri will be stronger, but they, too, are trying to invent traps before understanding how to work materials or tools. He hopes it will be worth it, in the end, and help with his deer.

He ponders replenishing basic food, and the energies of divinity. The same energies that flowed into him then flowed into the land. Could it be so easy? He hesitated before experimenting, and then took a gamble, slowly pushing 1FP of energy into C5, feeling it, and trying to shape it into growing more of His edible plants.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2020, 06:29:25 pm »

Right, my bad..

Fixed.

Kinda wonder if I should shorten the Pondering given you figured that out. Probably... Though the knowledge would mean your opponent can also copy that.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 06:36:01 pm by TricMagic »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2020, 07:43:53 pm »

The Extradimensionals
Trait: Psionic Regeneration
Tribe Total: 7
Workers: 7
Food: 12

2 workers scavenge at G6, 2 workers scavenge at F5, 3 workers research foraging

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2020, 07:54:43 pm »

Kinda wonder if I should shorten the Pondering given you figured that out. Probably... Though the knowledge would mean your opponent can also copy that.
I've been wondering for a few turns if we can use FP to speed research, and realized that this is the absolute perfect research topic to test that on. Not the best timing, though, since it does stop me from making an early deer and seeing if they still grow at 5.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2020, 08:02:18 pm »

Spiderlings
1 worker scavenges B4
1 worker scavenges C5
2 workers research wooden tool making
2 workers pray to Thul

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2020, 04:18:25 am »

The Zebra Commonwealth
1 Worker prays to Thul.
2 Workers forge for food on C7.
1 Workers forge for food on C6.
1 Worker is born for 3 food.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2020, 04:32:05 am »

seeing no answer to their prayers, the bonekin ignore the remnants of the amazonian religion and simply focus on their own survival.
3 forage F3, 1 forage F2, and the last rests while his bone-bruises heal.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 02:32:02 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25