West!
- 1 (14.3%)
Neither.
- 2 (28.6%)
The White.
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Re: Divine Duel Turn X- Hiatus [1 Tribe Spot open]  (Read 23003 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Duel Turn 6- Era of Beginnings
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2020, 03:24:19 pm »

You are at B5. B4, B5, and C5 are your scavenging locations.
I will edit to add valid actions, also, why was B5 mentioned twice?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2020, 03:25:45 pm »

It is your home tile, so you can scavenge there, as you have been. shurgs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2020, 03:27:16 pm »

Yes, I know it’s my home tile, I was asking why you listed the same tile twice, regardless, my post has been fixed

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2020, 04:02:09 pm »

Jaanin'Maldaraak
Jaanin'Maldaraak considers the circumstances of his new followers...

The Zastarn Bonekin emerged at the location previously occupied by the Amazons. They would suffice as a replacement for them. The Extradimensionals had a change in leadership. This was probably a good things. And the Swampmen were struggling to collect food on their two tiles. This was the most pressing issue that needed to be attended to right now.

Jaanin'Maldaraak figured that it would be optimal to forage each tile that a tribe has access to with at least 1 person each turn, provided that there are no specific reasons to refrain from doing that. This puts less strain on each tile to reduce overforaging problems and there is no precedent for a single person exhausting a tile on their own.

Jaanin'Maldaraak creates a Floodplain tile at G5 (-3fp)

Jaanin'Maldaraak ponders tile detail observation
It seemed that different kinds of tiles had different yields for food. It stands to reason that a tile with a lower food yield would compensate by other things not yet readily apparant.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thul, Purity of Avarice
Ponder Replenish Basic Food. If mortals leave so much behind, that which is not taken might be usable to recover it.
Create a River on B7. In time, it will connect two tribes.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2020, 05:36:01 pm »

The Extradimensionals
Trait: Psionic Regeneration
Tribe Total: 7
Workers: 7
Food: 12

2 workers forage from F6, 2 workers forage from G6, 3 research plant lore

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2020, 10:41:16 am »

The Zebra Commonwealth
1 Worker prays to Thul.
1 Workers forge for food on C7.
2 Workers forge for food on C6.

(Things are not going well for my guys.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2020, 09:53:36 am »

Swampmen of Uudvurk
Trait: True Faith
Tribe Total: 4
Workers: 4
Food: 6
Deaths: 1

2 Swampmen scavange the swampland in F-4.
2 Swampmen scavenge the wetlands in G-4

Sorry about the lack of flavour today, I'm lacking good writing drive as of late. Regardless I think I'll try stockpiling a little more food, I'm not sure if it's bad rolls that got me, or if I made poor choices.

As an aside, a tile isn't created ny the god until the following update right? Like we wouldn't be able to interact with the floodplains until next turn? Sorry if this has already been answered.
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2020, 09:57:55 am »

Yep. A note of advice, True Faith is going to trigger whenever there isn't enough Prayer, so.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2020, 12:40:21 pm »

Hopefully True Faith will round up similar to how the Extradimensional prayer limit does. The swampmen are being absolutely destroyed by this ability and it doesn't even seem to be producing extra FP most of the time. Even when they die from it its still just 1 FP!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 12:43:42 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2020, 12:59:43 pm »

Looking, everyone else has posted.. I'll give it a bit, but looks like I'm going to be looking for a new player tribe.

If they can get a more sustainable tribe going, it can scale rather well. Sadly it's more effective later rather than earlier if there isn't enough food available. Not saying anything till they figure out how the current bonus threshold works.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2020, 01:18:06 pm »

Historical Swampmen Scavenging yields:
Turn 3: 1 worker got 1 food
Turn 4: 2 workers got 4 food
Turn 5: 3 workers got 3 food
Turn 6: 4 workers got 6 food

This is an average of 1.4 food for each foraging action. They have access to a swamp tile, which should be the most ideal kind of basic tile for the Swampmen unless the GM arbitrarily decided that swamps and wetlands are universally bad or something stupid like that.

Based on historical data... If their ability forces them to pray with at least one worker each turn, then on average, if they do nothing but desperately attempt to forage with as many workers as possible, they can expect to get an average of 4.2 food each turn.  On average they will need to wait 5 turns just to increase their food stockpile by one, and if they get unlucky and just one more person starves it will almost impossible for them to recover.

I am currently assuming that the swampmen have just had brutally bad luck with their foraging rolls or something because other civilizations can sometimes get 3 or even 4 food with a single worker's basic foraging action on a basic tile.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 01:22:47 pm by Supernerd »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2020, 07:52:47 pm »

I will play if you need another.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2020, 09:56:33 pm »

I will play if you need another.

We do indeed need another player. While I do not have authority to approve of new players or anything like that, I can tell you some things that may expedite the next turn. (Note that the following paragraph may not be 100% true)

You would be taking over the Blenderong Tribe located on tile D3. You can either continue to play as that civilization, or throw them off the map and make your own via the application on the first page.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2020, 07:34:32 am »

They are dead this turn anyway, even without that. I was thinking of leaving them as beasts that haunt D3 as a type of hazard.

Well, whether you take them over, or make your own civ, nice to see you.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25