Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52518 times)

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2020, 10:46:45 am »

Eilyth
After mentally wrestling the menu's text for a moment, Eilyth looked up at the girl "I'll have an iced coffee and a Turkey Club."

A simple order, really. Eilyth figured that at least one of the girl's parents were in the back and would probably be handling any actual cooking that would go on. Though who knows, maybe she'd be surprised and the girl herself would be the one making it.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2020, 11:06:16 am »

Monika

Well, there was certainly signs that Miru had been around where she fell, but if Miru saw her, she didn't show it. She didn't show anything, to be precise, "Miru, where are you?" Monika whispered, keeping her voice low so the Neridians didn't overhear her. If she knew Miru at all, the invisible girl would likely be trying something reckless, and recklessness was not something they wanted right now. Not with that many troops at the same time.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2020, 12:08:20 pm »

Silvia

Mm-hmn.” Silvia nodded a bit, thinking. ‘Painful and slow’ found a place in the notes.
When you say they ‘cut out’ wounds, what does that actually mean? Like... if I had a giant gash down my arm, how would you heal it? Or what about if someone had completely fried my face?
You’re down as a rank-3 healer, but can you do more than that indicates? I wouldn’t be surprised if the time it takes to heal and the pain that comes with it resulted in a rank-down.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 21, 2020, 09:23:09 pm »

Silvia

"It means exactly what it sounds like it means. I use the scissors to cut out the injured parts of the body, and a healed version appears in its place." Emily explained, "There's no rank down for pain and I'm not slow enough for the speed to matter. My rank is accurate. I'm only able to heal a wound if I can cut around the entire thing, so anything too severe or complex and I'm not going to be able to fix it."

Monika

Miru didn't answer. A bad sign. Miru was always talkative, so talkative she was prone to giving away her position prematurely. Monika talking to her directly would absolutely prompt a response if Miru was anywhere within earshot.

A worse sign was soon to follow. There was a commotion among the Neridans, one of them--Monika thought it might have been the healer from earlier, but it was impossible to be sure--was pointing up towards a nearby tree. Either there was a really interesting bird, or they'd spotted something.

Eilyth

Brigitte's order was an esoteric string of words, half of them sounding made up on the spot. She finished with, "Oh, and I'd like a brownie."

Gwenny was unfazed as she jotted down the entire thing without issue. She then called over her shoulder, "You get all that, Mori?"

The younger girl, Mori, pouted. "Whaddaya take me for? 'Course I did." She immediately set to work on preparing the order, her harsh movements implying she felt like she had something to prove.

"Your order should be ready shortly, let me know if you need anything else." Gwenny gave the pair a polite smile before heading off to ring everything up.

Gwenny and Mori were a picturesque pair, nothing at all like the Hutton sisters had been. Nothing like what Brigitte and Eilyth had been. But maybe a little like what Brigitte wanted them to become. Maybe that was why she'd picked this spot to have coffee.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 21, 2020, 09:31:31 pm »

Silvia

'Need to cut around, so too severe/complex = unlikely heal'

"Alright." Silvia talked as she wrote down her last note. "I believe that's all I needed to know. I have one more person to talk to, but you'll know no later than tomorrow if you're on the team."
Silvia's pencil once more finds its place in her braid, and a hand is extended for a handshake.

When all that was over and done with, Silvia was off to First Lieutenant Risa Firebrand.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2020, 02:22:28 am »

Eilyth
Eilyth couldn't help wonder what would happen to those two, when their compulsory five finally came around. It seemed to have rather.... interesting (and more often than not adverse) effects on a lot of girls. Would their relationship still be like this by the time they got out? Assuming they lived to get out? Not that the compulsory service was really to blame when it came to the current state of house Hutton... that family situation had been warped long before any of them were anywhere near old enough to ship off for war. It certainly hadn't made anything better though.
    "So..." she said, wanting to move on from this line of thinking sooner rather than later, "Talking, right? Where did you want to begin?"
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 02:31:00 am by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2020, 01:59:28 pm »

Silvia

Emily shook Silvia's hand and gave a polite goodbye.

Silvia's next prospect wasn't in her quarters. After asking around a bit, Silvia eventually managed to find Risa resting on a park bench. She was dressed lightly and glistening with sweat, a result of the jog she'd just finished. Risa was an outgoing individual, and didn't wait when she saw Silvia approaching. She hopped up off the bench and walked briskly over to greet Silvia.

"Hi there! What's up?" she said. The way she spoke made it sound like the two were longtime friends, not meeting for the first time.

Eilyth

Brigitte looked pensive. "There's a lot, so I don't really know where to start." she admitted, "Maybe the less heavy stuff? You're getting promoted, I'm a powerful healer and certified medic under your command, we should talk about combat, uh, stuff."

Brigitte had never been very good with "combat stuff," as she put it. She was one of those field medics that took the medical neutrality part of their creed very seriously. At times she seemed absolutely obsessed with ensuring that every single person that entered a battlefield left it alive, even the enemy, even the enlisted, and even the enemy enlisted. Knowing how her power worked, it would be hard not to wonder how close Brigitte herself had come to being the one to not leave the battlefield.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2020, 06:07:54 pm »

Eilyth
The suggestion took Eilyth aback. Not the fact that brutal warfare qualified as less heavy stuff here, no, that wasn't surprising at all. More so that Brigitte had been the one to suggest it. Not having much of a better idea though, she went with it.
     "Promoted... yeah. That's one way to put it," Eilyth sighed. "really it's all just a thinly veiled punishment. You should've seen the General's eyes when she laid them out- absolutely livid. I was pretty sure the first two options would end up with me dead in a ditch or ending up in prison, so... I figured I'd take the third. At least this way I have more to work with. Plus, battles will probably go pretty quick, since I'll be playing bait from the get-go."
     Bait... yes. That was all she was really good for in the eyes of some. She knew it. It'd been that way since her service began. She hated that aspect of her current lot the most. Still nothing but a tool, originally to coax out enemy meisters prematurely, and now to try and instill so much fear into the enemy via reputation alone that they just outright surrender. In truth, though, it wasn't the what of the situation, but the principle behind it all. She'd always been underestimated, sold short. She fucking hated it. Most of her sisters had done it. Her instructors had done it. Her commanders had done it.

And her enemies had done it more than any of them combined.

All she was to most opposing meisters was a dragon-shaped wall. They always assumed that because her element was so defensive, and her holy weapon not shaped like an armament, there was little she could do to them. And while this was technically true against Force and Time meisters, given the very nature of their power and how well they countered her own... no one ever stopped to think that she had accounted for that.
    And yet she had. Quite early on in fact. She knew her power lay in how durable Amicus made her, the might of her scales. But she also knew she was not invulnerable, never invulnerable, for that had not been the deal when they'd made this bargain. All Amicus could ever do was give her the potential to weather whatever storm she faced, increase her odds at survivability. It was up to her to take the tools he gave and use them properly. To that very end she'd gone so far as to develop her own style of close quarters combat... at this point it was virtually a full fledged arsenal of techniques designed to use the most of each and every one of her natural strengths.

And the things she did when she prowled on all fours in her basic form... that was a mere fraction of her true skills. Perhaps now she'd finally get a chance to show the rest of it. She certainly had perfect justification...and knowing the might of most of the Tyran Dames, and how hard they would likely fight in this new campaign, she may no longer be able to just go through the motions, draw the aggression while her backup flanks and deliver the killing blows. She had made that mistake against Lily, mostly out of terror and the brief loss of her wits. It had damn near gotten Pat killed too.

She couldn't make such a mistake again.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 07:20:06 pm by Stratos »

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2020, 07:58:31 pm »

L

L had been through hell in past few hours. Nothing drove her crazier than a waste of her time, and lack of preparation. While she often lacked the energy for it herself she expected it from others. L was a strong believer that if you were to ask another for their time that you respect and honour that commitment. The fact she couldn't truly blame it on red tape and arbitrary bureaucracy only made it grate all the stronger on her few nerves awake enough to give a damn. She pulled another spent stick from her mouth, devoid of the lump of sweetness that was the only barrier between her and madness at this point in time. Into her breast pocket it went with the other 15 desiccated victims of L mild perturbance. It'd already been a long day... and this had only made it drag into the evening perhaps destroying her ability to speak with Terra until the morrow. If she wanted any decent sleep tonight anyway.

L only answered the attendant with an exasperated sigh once she was called for. She was glad she decided to leave her holy weapon on base otherwise she be drained out of her mind at this point given the amount of faffing around this staff seemed to enjoy. And that was no state to meet someone in, this one wasn't truly ideal either. But she had to take what she could get. L was used to that, it was perhaps the entire culmination of herself as a person. It had always served as an anchor for her sanity, it could be worse for her. She only needed to weave together the pieces, she done it all her life. This was nothing new to the Major.

L approached carefully, she could see the nerves present on the young girl's face. She couldn't exactly blame, it wasn't every day you asked to see the miester that had been the reason you were currently in custody. It also wasn't every time they actually came. L reflexively tore the paper from another lollipop as she approached, the electric taste of lemon candy craved yet again. The white stick sticking out of her mouth she pulled out a chair gently as to not incur a ton of noise. The room had a dreadful silence, the type you could hear a pin drop. L despised it, as it made every ruffle of clothing, every tiny motion have the magnitude of a weapon of mass destruction. It was a recipe for the worst nerves in people, as the type of silence you couldn't help but contemplate the parts of life you were better off never giving the light of day. She hated the din of a thousand truly, but she hated the silence of nothing to a greater magnitude. Perhaps cause it reminded her of what she had become. "L." she said unable to bear the utter silence a second longer. She wanted to let Faith speak first, but the rest of the day had gotten to her nerves. She swirled the lollipop in her mouth nervously, unsure if she had made a correct move. L had no one to blame currently, she didn't want it to be herself that had ultimately been the waste of her own precious time ad energy.

"However, I expect you know as much. You are the one that requested this meeting, so perhaps introductions are not necessary." L tried to return to a place she could reassure Faith, that Faith would trust her far enough as to at the minimum, be confident enough to get to the reason she had asked for L specifically.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2020, 08:10:16 pm »

Silvia

"Hey." Silvia extended a hand, clearly expecting a handshake. "Risa Firebrand, correct? I'm Silvia Wright. There's going to be a mission soon, and I've been sent to look for a healer. I understand that you haven't gotten experience yet, but what can you tell me about your weapon?"

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2020, 02:58:41 pm »

Cay

After dealing with Emmery, Cay sought out Thaala Efier. Thaala was unknown to her, so she didn't have enough information to expect anything. A middle aged woman who had fallen asleep at her desk still managed to defy expectations. Thaala was short, pale, and had yellow hair and eyes. Her face was starting to wrinkle and her glasses needed cleaning. She barely seemed to be in enough shape to participate in the army. And she'd forgotten to shut her door before dozing off, although the fan she had on the ground made Cay think that might have been intentional.

Waking the woman and explaining what was happening ended up not being too much trouble. Thaala seemed to be a light sleeper and quickly snapped into reality.

"It's been a while since they've let me in the field." Thaala explained, "My weapon can only work on a really large scale, so it tends to get in the way of my teammates. It's why I still haven't been promoted even at my age. If I didn't have a weapon at all I'd probably be a general by now." She snorted at the joke.

From what Cay could gather from her surroundings, Thaala's joke wasn't too far from the truth. The room wasn't clean, but Cay could make out a hint of a system to it. And maybe of the books filed into that system were related to strategy. It wasn't just Thalla's weapon that worked on a large scale, Thaala herself seemed to think big.

"Would you tell me more about your weapon?" Cay asked, "If it's difficult to work with then I need to know why."
'
"Of course, of course." Thaala adjusted her glasses and hopped over to an area of the mess-system to grab her weapon. It was a clear crystalline flask with metal shavings in it, like half of an hourglass. "Jostling the sand around moves water in a large area around me. Works off what's in the air, but goes a lot faster if there's a lot of liquid water already around. The most obvious use is to make water spouts, but with some finesse I can make large waves or even a sort of whirlpool along that ground that trips people and draws them towards the center. During the startup when I'm sucking water out of the air I can cause strong winds that let me still be somewhat useful, through not as much as when I have actual water on hand. Problem is, there's no finesse. I'm always operating at maximum capacity no matter what I'm doing. It's always big, and it's really easy to friendly fire. I can maybe work it around one or two allies, but any more than that and they're getting caught in the current."

"Interesting." Cay could how such an ability would be difficult to use with how holy weapon combat was handled. "How destructive is it? And how much does it injure?"

"Not a lot on either count. Even though I'm controlling physical water, it seems to be altered to move things instead of breaking them. I bruise people at worst, don't even cause concussions. And terrain is usually untouched, although if I really try I can muster enough force to move a small boulder."

Cay asked a few more questions to get a handle on the woman's abilities beyond her weapon, in the process solidifying her sense that Thaala was absolutely overqualified for her rank. Once she was certain she knew everything she needed to know, she thanked Thaala for her time and moved on.

L

Despite L's best attempts, the chair still screeched against the tile floor, causing Faith to tense up ever so slightly.

"The patchy general told me about you, ye." Faith said, "But my momma teached me manners. I'm Faith, nice to meet you L." Talking seemed to calm the girl's nerves, in fact she seemed downright confident since L had put the reins of the conversation back in her hands. "Jail sucks, I don't wanna sit around. I told the general if she was worrying about revenge then I could fight with the chicks that already beat me before. Didn't think it would work, but you're here, ye? Let me join you."

Silvia

Risa started to extend her hand, then thought better of it. "Better not, just finished running." she explained, "I'd be happy to tell you all about what I can do. It'll take some time though, sit?" She jerked her thumb back towards her previous seat.

She had light tan skin that was pale enough to cause a hint of a glare when combined with the sweat. Black specks of freckles dotted her cheeks and nose. Her eyes and hair were both green, but distinct shades. Her eyes were a bright lime green, and curiously seemed to have vertically narrowed pupils, like a cat, something Silvia had never even heard of existing. Her hair was much darker, almost black, its violent curls wrapped up into a messy bun to keep them out of Risa's face while she ran. She was a bit taller than average, but still much shorter than Silvia and nowhere near as absurdly tall as Emily had been. With Emily so fresh in mind, it was also difficult for Silvia to avoid noticing another major contrast between her and Risa.

Risa took a swig of water after she sat down, clearing her throat a bit to talk. "My weapon is a longsword." she began, "It can fire waves of water energy when I swing it. Hurt enemies, heal allies. Not very strong and pretty basic, or at least it should be. Thing is, it's glitchy. It gives me what I need, which isn't always what I want. I think it's consistent, but I haven't used it enough to know what it will do every time, so sometimes it seems totally random. For all I know the criteria might have more to do with the tide than the situation I'm fighting in. You said you were looking for a healer. Well, I'm a pretty good healer, they say I'm rank 3, close to rank 4. But I can't promise my power won't pop out weird results. You might end up with a nose piercing or a different colored shoulder or something."

Eilyth

"Doesn't sound like you feel very punished to me." Brigitte remarked, "Meanwhile I'm doomed. You know that since Leah is going to be shifted up during wartime Patricia is going to be in charge of the company, right?" She laughed and smiled again, genuinely joyful.

"If you're planning to take the front lines, won't commanding be difficult?"

Kira

Kira's second experience waking up from a concussion was very similar to the first. The location, however, was very different. She seemed to be in a medical facility. Not a hospital, something smaller, like the nurse's office at a school. When she tried to move she found several things obstructing her. Her left arm was chained to the bed, and a heavy weight was holding down her right arm.

"Welcome back." Doc said dryly. She was sitting to Kira's left, reading a book and sipping some kind of strawberry scented drink. "Sorry about her, the only way to get her off would have been to amputate."

'Her' was the weight on Kira's arm. Kira wasn't alone in her bed, Verna had wrapped herself around Kira's arm and was sleeping soundly. Kira's memories were foggy, but even through the fog she could distinctly remember Verna being angry at her when they fought, so it was more than a little strange to have the crazy woman clutching her arm like a stuffed animal.

"She hasn't left your side all week. I'd call it endearing, but she's the one who cracked your skull." Doc talked about the issue like she was discussing the weather, "You're fine, by the way, the general had Talya fix you up again. I guess she wants to keep you guys around, we're not turning you over to go to prison."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 03:35:31 pm by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2020, 03:37:55 pm »

Silvia

Silvia was writing down Risa's details as she spoke - 'Longsword beams, hurt enem./heal allies', 'Semi-random?', 'Edge of rank 4' - but paused when Risa was wrapping up.
"A different colored- ah ok then? That's... weird." She's at a loss for words beyond that for a bit.

[if Risa doesn't take that pause to speak] "Well. While I understand that you don't know much about your healing, is the damaging part of the waves more reliable? What kind of damage output do you have with that?"

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2020, 03:49:11 pm »

Silvia

Risa laughed. "No, not at all." she said, "What it does to enemies is way more confusing. For starters, it doesn't always attack, sometimes it makes a barrier instead of a sword wave. That would be neat if I knew how to predict it, but I don't, so usually it just screws up my attack. One time when I was sparring it just decided to make a whip out of water to replace my blade. I've seen some people who fight with whips, like the Dame Supreme, they can be really effective weapons. But me? I don't know how to use a whip, and I definitely don't know how to use one that was a sword a few seconds before. When things go right I can hit pretty damn hard, but there's always the chance of something not going as expected."
Defile Circles Discord

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2020, 04:06:30 pm »

Silvia

"..."
'Longsword beams' is crossed out, replaced with 'Water energy whatever' and 'Barriers, whips, basically anything'. 'Hits hard when works' and 'Unpredictable' also go down.
"Ok. I... ok. Sure, I guess. At least it certainly seems to fit Allia's methods, I suppose.
Is there anything else you could tell me? I understand if not, but I'd at least like to know if there's anything else that can be known about this.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2020, 06:04:21 pm »

Eilyth
"Wait, Patricia's in charge?" Eilyth could barely stiffle her chuckle at the news "oh yeah, you guys are screwed. And yeah, it probably will be. My second isn't a meister though from what I've heard. If she got to her rank by actually being competent as a leader, then it might not be so bad. I don't expect them to give me that type of luxury though."
     She paused, gazing out of the window. She never thought she'd have this casual of a conversation with any of her sisters. It felt... strange. Alien. She'd always watched girls from other families do it like was nothing and wondered how. Wondered why it had been apparently impossible for her to do the same. Sometimes she'd even envied them. Yearned for what she knew she would never have, no matter how much she fought and struggled. A sense of normalcy. A place to belong. Someone to talk to.

Too bad it took her all these years later to finally realize she could've had it all along, had she not have been so hateful.

"Either way, I'll figure out how to make it work. I'm pretty sure most of the brass expects me to fail spectacularly. I'll succeed just to see the look on their faces in the end."

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 70