Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52505 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2020, 09:24:42 pm »

Silvia

'Ability starts only when combat does' went onto the list, and Silvia tucked her pencil back into her braid.
"Ok, thank you. That'll be all. I should be able to tell you if you’re on the team sometime tomorrow at the latest. I've got a couple more people to visit, so... see ya." A small, two-fingered wave and Silvia was off to the next healer. Or, "healer", as the case may be.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 10:28:42 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2020, 09:37:27 pm »

Kira continued to do what she'd done for the entire combat: yielded ground. The scarf was already moving freely as Verna closed; she'd released the power on her opponent's miss.  She aimed to catch Verna's punch much as she had Mack's back earlier, by letting her swing into a scarf that mostly wasn't resisting and then locking it in place around her fist. If she succeeded in that (or even managed to evade the punch,) she'd try to step in with a shoulder to Verna's chest before attempting to slam her fist down on her foe's entrapped arm in an attempt to break it.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2020, 10:27:35 pm »

Kira

Catching Verna's arm was effortless, she had absolutely no idea what she was dealing with when it came to Kira's scarf. Her punch had no hope of connecting, and she completely failed to evade backwards. Kira was free to execute her follow up.

"You didn't tell me even after I promised not to tattle." Verna pouted.

Kira felt an impact on the back of her skull as Verna's ball shot back into place. Her vision blurred with the impact and then subsequently went black in her second knockout of the day. On the bright side, Verna had activated her pain canceling ability, so it didn't hurt any.

As her consciousness faded, images flashed across her mind. A rapier slicing through the air. An arm covered from shoulder to wrist in tattoos. Malicious tendrils of shadow dancing across the battlefield. A teal-haired girl kneeling on the ground, wailing in agony as she clutched at her eye. An esoteric hierarchy visualized in her mind's eye. A faceless woman crying out for her daughter. And a name that her fading mind refused to read.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2020, 10:51:03 pm »

L

"That name carries a grave weight." L responded after a pause. She wasn't truly sure how to respond to such a revelation. A woman that had disappeared without a trace as if a ghost, let alone a Dame. A feared and loathed one, almost as if it in and of itself was a curse darker than night. It occurred to L she truly hoped she never faced this particular ghost on the battlefield. Hopefully whatever forces there may be would work in her favor there and they'd never find what Aia sought. "However, I am sure that goes without saying." L added to make certain her words were not taken for callousness. The Major shifted back into her chair taking a moment to figure out how best to proceed from this point. She played with the sweet lump in her cheek as she gathered her idle thought. This woman's power was of supposed incredible power. Yet she did not consider herself a combatant. She probably barely was... and yet she held a holy weapon. Furthermore... if they came across this specter from the past how would Aia act? Would she lash out in blind anger, freeze in the full weight of her fear? It was a factor that could not be known until that moment. Unlikely as it was, it would not leave the front of L's mind. Along with the thought that the Katrian Military had a dire need to invest in those that specialized in the health of the mind. Given the general personnel that were shown her way... L had always been vocal about the need to improve on those resources. It never went anywhere any time she did, and yet whenever brought to mind she always thought to attempt another pass at it. Perhaps once more after this job was finished.

L had always made an effort to work with the ones that found themselves to her, but she was unsure how much she could truly do here. "Do understand Miss Aia, that this is a strike team. We have our orders and our mission. It is our duty to fulfill that above all else." L hadn't broken her serious tone the entire point after the point that Aia uttered that name. But, for a moment that dropped. "I trust that you won't do anything compromise that. I cannot promise that working with me you will find the woman you seek, but I will do what is within my power to assist you when I can afford to do so."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2020, 09:41:53 am »

Monika

For the most part, Monika could tell that she was pretty well off at this point. Thanks to the density of the woods, it would be easy to slip away. Of course, that would depend on the status on Kira, whose fight seemed to finally fade into silence, a victor being chosen between the two soldiers. Though as of now, it would be impossible to tell who won thanks to not being able to see said fight, but if Kira had won, she would be following shortly. But if she hadn't...

In the silence, Monika stared back at the way she came, then to the dense forest in front of her, and then to her burnt hand. She wasn't in the best state physically, what with the lingering pain from her fight with Mack and her power malfunctioning, and fighting Verna head on herself was idiotic. It was clear that Verna had the edge when it came to fighting her, seeing as how Monika would be heavily crippled in a fight even when she was in good health. Yet she had always made a point to put value into every single soul under her command, to bleed and struggle alongside them. If Kira did lose, then Monika would be abandoning them by leaving.

To run to safety and regroup with the Katrian Military, ensuring that Kira and Miru's efforts wouldn't be wasted, or stay to satisfy her own pride and code when it came to her troops, risking getting them all caught, or simply killed, instead of at least one escaping. Honestly, there was only option that the Major could take.

Keeping her wounded hand close to her chest, Monika slinked back into the brush behind her, doing her best to stealthily move back to see the aftermath of the fight without being seen. Of course, her hopes that Kira would become the victor was dashed as she saw the unconscious Lieutenant. Though every part of her wanted to rush in to take out the girl responsible, Monika held back for a few moments, peeking out from behind a tree in order to see what would happen next.

Though ultimately, if Verna attempted to go for the kill, then Monika wouldn't hesitate to rush in to save her subordinate. 
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2020, 10:06:33 am »

Silvia

Sally waved cheerfully as Silvia left to her next prospect.

Captain Emily Dalton. She was tall, absurdly tall, she must have been 6'4" at least. And her height wasn't the only thing about her that was comically oversize about her. She propped an arm under her chest to hold it in place as she leaned down to fit her head through the doorway. She had brown hair, but the blue at the roots showed it was dyed. It was straight and cut about as short as one was allowed without getting reprimanded. Her eyes appeared to be a mix of green and pink, with neither color seeming particularly dominant.  She was wearing a thing nightgown, but due to her ridiculous height, it served more as a night shirt than a gown. To make up for this failing, she also wore a pair of pajama pants, which were also far too small for her. She still looked groggy despite it already being almost noon.

"Hello there, what can I do for you?" Emily asked. Her voice was soft, like a talking pillow. Something in her tone just made her sound like the nicest person alive.

L

Aia's harsh look shattered. "You- you'd help me?" she stammered, "B-but why? I was just hoping that if I fought long enough Kirari would eventually turn up. I don't... Nobody helps me."

Eilyth

"Should have realized you wouldn't even read it." Brigitte mumbled, still not looking up. Eilyth's apology earned a sidelong glance at least, although Brigitte didn't show any sign of relenting in her anger. "You're sorry?" she said, anger creeping into her voice, "You're right, you can't undo anything. But if you think that an apology is just going to magically make things better going forward..." Brigitte trailed off. The anger might have been enough to finish the sentence for her, except that she seemed to deflate. Her shoulders sagged and her head flopped down, as though releasing the tension in her body would also release the anger welled up within.

Then she hugged Eilyth. "You big stupid, dumb, idiot." she cried, "I'm sorry I said I hated you. I just want to be sisters, real ones."

Monika

Verna, shockingly, didn't attempt to kill Kira. She just stood over the unconscious body of her foe, waiting.

As it turned out, she was waiting for her fellow Neridans to catch up. Doc, General Camilla, half a dozen meisters, and at least thirty others. They surrounded Verna and her unconscious target at the general's command. Doc took to looking over Kira's injury while Verna relayed what had happened to the general. Absentmindedly, Verna mentioned, "Oh and I hit the invisible one with my weapon, but I don't know what happened to her after that."

Monika knew from the fact that Miru wasn't visible that their would-be rescuer was still alive and conscious, at least until the Neridans figured out a way to find her.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2020, 11:49:48 am »

Eilyth
Her hands moved unbidden as Amicus applied an almost pleasant pressure on her neck, subconsciously completing the hug her conscious mind was too dumbfounded to. She tried to choke back her own tears, but they flowed down her cheeks regardless. A subtle sense of smug satisfaction invaded her thoughts, and she knew immediately it was not her own.
   "Oh shut up with the 'I told you so', you smug little bastard. But still... thanks for pushing me to go through with this."
   "I... I'm sorry it took me this long. I never wanted any of this. I never wanted to hurt you. Once it got started I... I couldn't stop myself, let the rage blind me to the only person who ever really cared. I'm not gonna let it stay that way though. I refuse to stay that way."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2020, 12:22:30 pm »

Silvia

Silvia looked - up.
Huh. Ok then.

Without having to look at the notepad, she jotted down ‘Noon, apparently recently awake’, and, after a moment to think, ‘Potentially large target’.

Captain Dalton, yes? I’m Silvia Wright, second lieutenant. I’ve been asked to evaluate how well you might do on a mission that’s coming up. You’re down as a rank-three healer; could you please elaborate on that?

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2020, 12:37:25 pm »

Monika

So they were just trying to recapture, not too surprising all things considered, but it was still bad enough. However, Verna's comment at least confirmed that Miru hadn't been found, which meant she could at least get one out for now. Kira would follow as soon as possible, when Monika didn't have to take on an entire battalion on her own. So, keeping to the treeline and shadows, Monika silently circled around to where Miru had been hit, or at least close to it, scanning the area for any signs of the Second Lieutenant. In their wounded state, it could be possible that they made some marks, though hopefully Miru would be lucid enough to give her Major a sign that she was around.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2020, 02:38:18 pm »

Silvia

"A mission? What kind of mission?" Emily asked, "I'm in pretty high demand, so if anything I think I should be evaluating you." She giggled and fully opened the door, inviting Silvia in. "I'm sorry for the mess, I don't often have company." Emily's idea of a mess was cleaner than Sally's idea of clean. There was some leftover fast food on a coffee table and some clothes were left out on the floor, but otherwise the room seemed fine. The ceiling fan had been taken out and replaced by a simple covered light, an accommodation that Silvia recognized from her own room. The ceilings in the officer quarters were six and a half feet high, plenty of space for most women, but barely enough space at all for Emily.

"You want some iced tea? I keep a cooler next to the bed, help yourself." She pointed while she dug into the dresser, "Let me change into something more presentable and then we can talk." She ducked, literally, into the bathroom to change.
Defile Circles Discord

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2020, 02:40:30 pm »

L

L's prospects were already proving quite odd. She supposed this was inevitable despite the fact they were extra-military assets, it was always just how things seemed to go for her. But, she'd always made the best of it. Perhaps it was one of L's stronger traits. "If you are part of my team..." L started. She was unsure if she should phrase this in this manner. She didn't want to accidentally promise Aia the world and then fail to deliver. She still had many candidates to consider and probably one's who weren't hunting a ghost so cruel and vile that two countries would rather forget her existence. She'd started speaking however, pausing longer would only make the situation worse. She turned over the lollipop in her tongue, wondering how she always wound up in these peculiar difficult situations. "Those that fight with me are important to me. As their CO it is my duty to do whatever I can to assist my people or, so I believe."

L was conflicted, she felt strongly towards this situation. She was worried that this woman would recklessly throw her life away... that wasn't her responsibility was it? And yet, who knows what the church would have in store for her. She couldn't help but to pinch the bridge of her nose, trying to focus her mind on the situation at hand. Her mind was simply wondering to many directions to count fueled by so many conflicting emotions. "I'll be honest with you Aia, I cannot promise that you will be certain to come along. I have a short time to assemble my assets and many more to consider. However, what I know of your ability will be of great use. It'd be the least I could do to repay you for that service." L left out the part about having people around her so she didn't do anything stupid and try and throw her life away. She'd cross that bridge if they came to it.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2020, 06:56:02 pm »

Monika

The ground was disturbed around Miru's last known location, indicating the invisible girl had fallen. But there was no evidence rhat she was still around. Knowing Miru, she hadn't gone far, she was always looking for opportunities to do something reckless. No better place to find that opportunity than the middle of the enemy.

L

Aia looked a little disappointed, she'd definitely gotten her hopes too high. "Understood." she said, "If that's how things go I'm sure I'll be grateful. And I promise to do my best in return."

L's next stop was the prison holding Faith. Prisoners of war were generally treated well to avoid international ire, and Faith was only a child, so she had been sent to a cushy, low security correctional facility. Unfortunately for L, that meant the military hadn't kept her anywhere nearby. All the way to the outskirts of the largest city in the country, from the military base at its core. It wasn't exactly a long trip, but it was definitely a waste of time.

More time was wasted getting in to meet with Faith. Low security was often synonymous with less organized, and unless a visit was planned weeks in advance, it was always difficult to pull together a meeting. L couldn't blame this one on the higher-ups either, since Faith had apparently asked for the consideration personally.

Eventually, L found herself in an open meeting area designed for weekend visiting hours. Since it wasn't the weekend, the room was empty of people. Even the smallest sound echoed. There were several knee-high (a bit higher for L) wooden tables scattered across the room, with closer to normal, but still small, metal-framed plastic chairs accompanying them. Faith, about the same height as L, easily touched the ground with her entire foot, whereas an average chair would be just tall enough to prevent the heel from touching down.

The charcoal girl was sitting much more calmly than the last time L had seen her. Faith clearly wore her emotions on her sleeve, and that wasn't just a result of her young age. In fact, in many ways Faith was one of the most mature soldiers L had ever fought. Right now, the emotion Faith was wearing was anxiety. She might have asked for this, but she clearly hadn't mentally prepared for it to actually happen.

Eilyth

Brigitte let go of the hug. "We should do a lot of talking, don't we? Do you want to come inside? Or maybe go get some food?" Her eyes were still wet with tears, but she was smiling now. Brigitte didn't smile much, but when she did is was always beautiful. Even when she'd been blinded by rage, Eilyth had to recognize that. And now that beautiful smile was directed at her.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 09:46:07 am by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2020, 07:10:54 pm »

Silvia

Why couldn't people answer her question when she asked it. Or, for that matter, give her a chance to answer their questions before going off and doing something else.

'Flirty? (no thanks)' went onto the notepad, as Silvia reclined against one of the walls, waiting for Emily to come back into the main room.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2020, 07:47:50 pm »

Eilyth
"She really is the only one of us who's remotely decent..." Eilyth couldn't help but think to herself. There was a still a lot to do today, but in all honesty... she didn't give a fuck. People like Brigitte had been a major scarcity in her life, even after she'd gotten out of that damn household. She was still working out the details on when would be the best time to meet with General Cara, and the two she was due to meet today were going to be her subordinates anyway. There was nothing and no one to reasonably stop her from spending an hour or two making up with the only sister who had ever shown her any genuine kindness.

"Some food would be alright, yeah," she nodded, "My treat."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 09:06:35 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2020, 09:11:55 am »

Silvia

Emily returned from the bathroom in a dark green turtleneck sweater and what would have been a long brown skirt on anyone else, but only served to cover Emily down to the knees. Proper clothing meant she didn't have to dedicate an arm to support herself all the time, but she still did it out of habit. She sat cross-legged by the coffee table, carefully repositioning her skirt as she lowered herself to ensure it never revealed anything inappropriate.

"I believe you asked about my weapon? Here, look." Emily said. She pulled the weapon out from under the table. It was a pair of scissors, the blades attached together by an orange gem. The handles were shaped like a heart, but otherwise there wasn't anything particularly remarkable about them. "Not too impressive, are they? They cut out wounds. It hurts a lot, and it's slow. Bad enough I can use them as a weapon in a pinch. I'm also a trained surgeon, which is pretty important because these things didn't exactly come with a user manual."

Eilyth

Brigitte ended up directing Eilyth to a coffee shop not far off the base. Annettony, the city that housed the base, was once known worldwide for its cuisine. Although war had largely ruined it as a tourist destination, it was still possible to find quality restaurants carrying on their family traditions. "Dana and Frida's," as the sign outside declared, seemed to fit into those that carried on. The storefront was run down, likely having gone for decades without renovations, but dutiful workers kept the inside feeling nice and cozy. Nothing was too expensive, it couldn't be if they wanted any business, but it was definitely a step up from a chain coffee shop in both quality and price.

A girl, twelve or thirteen, spotted the sisters entering and waved them towards a sign reading, "Feel free to seat yourself, someone will be over to take your order shortly." Brigitte suggested they sit at one of the two-seat tables by the window, since it was a nice day out. There were menus in wire-frame holders on every table. They had a variety of coffee options as well as baked goods, and a smell from the back room suggested it was all made in-house. Some basic "everywhere has these" items were also noted in a small section near the back. Garden salad, grilled cheese, soft drinks, etc. Things no one would waste their time ordering unless they wanted to inform their date that a coffee shop was the wrong choice of venue.

It took a minute or two, but the girl finally appeared beside them. Her name tag was written in a fanciful script and marked her as, "Gwendolyn." She had long brown hair that faded to blonde towards the ends and her eyes were pink. She introduced herself, "Sorry for the wait. I'm Gwenny, and I'll be your server for the day. Have you already decided on what to order, or do you need more time?"

Another girl, eight at the least or she wouldn't be allowed to work, climbed her way up onto a stool behind the bar and began sorting bags of beans into dispensers. Her hair was a similar brown-blonde fade, although it was much shorter, and she had red eyes. It wasn't unusual to see young sisters working in shops like these, their mothers often couldn't afford proper help.
Defile Circles Discord
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 70