Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52517 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2020, 07:46:01 pm »

Monika

Miru's lack of a response was the first warning. The second warning came from the commotion within the group of soldiers surrounding Kira. It wasn't much of a surprise that Miru would try to do something reckless, if the commotion was because of her and not some new species of forest critter, but again, it was not what they wanted right now. It took all of Monika's training and patience to suppress a sigh of annoyance as she lowered herself to the ground, moving to a better hiding spot behind a tree. Even with the commotion, there was simply too much for her to handle, even two Holy Weapon users could give her a lot of problems on a good day. Considering she was still recovering from her stomach being turned into mush, along with her fingertips having the flesh at the top burned right off, today was not one of those days.

So the only option she really had now was to trail the Neridians, waiting for a chance to strike. She was no expert on stealth, her powers made her far more valuable in head-on fights, but she knew the basics of it. She just had to stay out of sight, stay quiet, and be patient. Easy as pie.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2020, 09:59:19 pm »

Kira's face shifted in a way that was probably supposed to indicate discomfort as she awakened to Verna's presence. They had a certain kinship, but that didn't mean she wanted the murderous killer attached to her arm. She didn't understand it, and wasn't sure it would be good for her to try. "I see," she said somewhat blankly. She didn't note Monika or Miru nearby, which was an early indicator of success.

Wait. She'd seen something as she'd slipped out of consciousness. Kira jerked against her restraints without realizing it as she suddenly whipped her attention to Doc. "I need a notebook. Please." Her voice was filled with sudden emotion, an desperate-sounding plea. "Before I forget." She'd left hers behind in case she fought a meister with powers that could damage it, a decision she was keenly regretting now.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2020, 11:21:13 pm »

The sword wasn't a threat, the shotgun even less so, but the hammer was proving to be an issue. Fitting, her nail bested by a hammer. Emily charged through a sword swipe to stab the wielder, her third successful strike. The nail could only stab like a spear, but it was too short to be used as one, so she couldn't deal a lot of damage. She was still winning out, two of her opponents couldn't even touch her.

The Tyranian dames, powerful enough to wipe out the rest of her battalion's meisters all on their own, and Emily was winning. The dame with the hammer was a wielder of Time and her manipulation of gravity was capable of harming Emily even in her spirit form. As soon as she was the last one standing, Emily would almost certainly lose. But until then Sword and Shotgun would serve as human shields, Hammer's wide area ability unable to safely target Emily with them in the way.

Sword had some kind of Flame power that creating flaming afterimages that repeated her attacks. The afterimages usually only performed one swipe, but Sword had demonstrated that she could make them repeat more if she wanted. The afterimages didn't harm Emily any more than the blade itself, and Sword was at a loss. Emily's minor stabs were slowly building up, she'd be forced to retreat soon.

Shotgun's power was Force based, her bullets didn't punch holes, they just punched. Emily had gotten a good look at the result when Shotgun had disemboweled Emily's CO. A wide area blast of raw pushing power. Shotgun couldn't hurt Emily, but if her attacks hit Emily's core then the impact would knock her back.

{asskicking projection theme}

Emily blocked the next sword slash with her nail, stepping forward into her opponent's reach, and then partway into her opponent. Harmless, but disturbing enough to cause Sword to hesitate. Too much hesitation, Emily brought the nail up and stabbed it through her throat. Shotgun screamed and charged forward. Hammer shoved her aside and scolded her.

Hammer had caught on.

Emily shoved the dying Sword off of her nail and charged, trying to intercept Shotgun before she could escape and leave Emily alone with the real threat. But Hammer didn't let Emily get that far. She swung her weapon towards Emily, who was given no chance to dodge. The gravitational pull of the weapon sucked her in, increasing the force when it slammed into her core. There was an almost imperceptible time dilation at the moment of impact, further increasing the power of the hit. Worse, it interfered with Emily's connection to her body. Her spiritual form flickered and distorted, part of it being lost permanently.

The impact sent Emily tumbling backwards, but she managed to roll back onto her feet. Just in time for the hammer to hit her again. Another tumble, but this time she ducked the follow up. Hammer didn't care, her power dragged Emily up to meet the swing anyways. More tumbling. Emily couldn't get dizzy in this form, but it was still disorienting, and she wasn't able to recover in time to even try dodging the next swing.

The constant battering couldn't go on, but there was no way to avoid it either. So Emily didn't try to avoid it. She raised her nail to parry the attack. A ludicrous idea at a glance, but well thought out on Emily's part. The nail was even more resilient than her untouchable body, it seemed to ignore powers entirely, that was how she could hold it even while intangible. It ignored the hammer's power as well, only taking the impact of the swing itself. It was still a hefty impact, and the nail was flung from Emily's hand. She ignored it, diving into Hammer just like she had with Sword. It caused the same sort of shocked trip up, but Emily wasn't going for that this time. She kept moving forward, and her core made contact with Hammer. She was moving quickly, and her core was more than a little heavy, so she easily succeeded in her goal of bowling her foe over.

That shouldn't have been it, Emily had lost her nail and didn't have any way to finish off her foe, but Hammer dropped her weapon and raised her hands in surrender. Emily tried not to let on that she was shocked and turned to leave. She pretending it was an offering of mercy, but in reality she simply had no way of restraining Hammer to actually take the Dame prisoner.

Emily retrieved her nail and allowed herself to feel relieved. Perhaps it was sheer luck, but she'd single-handedly managed to defeat three Tyranian dames. That was more of an accomplishment than she'd ever expected to achieve on her own.

Silvia

"I have a comprehensive list of glitches, the trainer I've been working with is helping me keep track. I've run into about forty, but there's probably a lot more." Risa clearly wasn't very confident in her ability, but she was doing her best to work with it despite that.

Monika

Realizing she'd been made, Miru dropped her camouflage. She knew better than to stay hidden when the only ones who couldn't see her were her allies. Her right shoulder was bleeding heavily and appeared to be dislocated at best. She'd climbed the tree to hide, but hadn't run away to safety, still being set on executing a successful rescue. However, unlike Monika and Kira, she wasn't aware that the Neridans had a meister that could see injuries. She was now trapped high in a tree with nowhere to run to. Certain to be captured.

Miru wasn't going to make it that easy. She was balancing only on her legs, keeping her hand free, but only Monika was equipped with the knowledge to realize why. When the Neridans approached, Miru let go of the grenade she was holding and rushed to cover her ears as best she could with one arm.

Kira

Doc grabbed a clipboard with some note paper attached to it from a hook on the wall. "This good enough? I'd have to go hunt for an actual notebook." she said, holding it out. Taking pity, she undid Kira's handcuff before she handed Kira a pen. It would be difficult to write with Verna attached, but getting free would be more difficult than working around her.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 11:36:26 pm by Takosher »
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2020, 11:43:39 pm »

Kira didn't hesitate, taking the clipboard with a wordless look of thanks. She placed it on the side of the bed, then pried a pen out of the top portion. The Spirit meister frantically scrabbled down notes on what she'd seen as she passed out, the fragments of memory knocked loose from wherever they had been locked away and falling onto the page. There were concepts that she struggled to note down; it was difficult to even parse parts of what she had seen, how was she supposed to get them onto the paper? And yet, she had to. Her mouth worked silently, a vain attempt to articulate what her mind refused to.

Once she'd tried her best, the manic energy that had seized her left. The tension visibly left her body, leaving the dull resignation to her circumstance that usually dominated her movements and words. "Thank you," Kira said quietly, her voice mostly back to normal. The pen continued to scratch at the paper afterward, but it was a much more mundane process as she simply began to note down what else had happened that day.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2020, 12:06:11 am »

Silvia

Silvia nodded.
"If you have it on you, I'd love to see it, but otherwise, just get a copy sent to me. Aside from that, I think we're good here."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2020, 08:14:03 pm »

Monika

Having to live as Miru's self proclaimed rival had given the Major enough experience with the invisible girl to have an idea of what they were up to when she saw them. So Monika was still hardly shocked when she revealed herself, balancing upon a tree's limb and dropping a grenade right into the Neridan forces. From her experience, it was doubtful that Miru dropped a full explosive... In all likelihood, she had resorted to using a simple flash bang, due to Kira's proximity. And hers, although Miru may not have known. Regardless, flash bang or not, the grenade forced Monika back into her cover, ducking down while moving her halberd under her shoulder, pressing the back of her wounded hand to her ear alongside her newfound free hand in order to prepare for the inevitable bang.
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2020, 04:26:40 pm »

Monika

Even trying to protect herself, Monika was dazed by the flashbang. Her eyes recovered before her ears or her balance, the world slowly focusing again even as afterimages danced across her vision. Flashbangs were a favorite of Miru's, but this was the first time Monika had been close enough to be hit by one.

When she finally got a good look around, everything was still. The only movement came from the enemy general, who was herself reeling from the stun grenade. Even Miru, who had apparently fallen out of the tree, was frozen in the air.

Monika had read the files, Camilla used a set of needles that time-stopped whatever they touched. Miru had a needle embedded in her, she wouldn't be freed until someone climbed up and took it out. The Neridan troops all seemed to have been contacted but not stabbed. That was a mixed blessing. The general couldn't just free her allies, but they could unfreeze on their own in about ten minutes. Worst of all, Kira had been frozen along with the Neridans, there would be no way to rescue her without a high chance of immediate capture.

Monika was less effected by the flashbang than the general, so she was recovering quicker. She'd a short window to go for a sneak attack as soon as her balance recovered.

{still young enough to kick your ass theme}

Kira

Doc watched Kira with a bored look, but she didn't return her attention to her book. "You're welcome." she answered Kira's gratitude, "Am I allowed to ask?" Being Kira's captor, Doc was in a position to force a response if she wanted. But even through the disinterest that Doc projected, Kira didn't feel threatened. If Kira said no, Doc would just go back to her book without another thought.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 06, 2020, 05:11:13 pm »

Monika

As expected, the flashbang made sure to to stun Monika as well, even with her cover and preperation. She had never been close enough to one to be effected by their blasts, she could see why they were Miru's favorite toy. She could also see the aftermath of the flashbang after a few moments, with only herself and the General, Camilla, being conscious and moving. Even from her distance, it wasn't hard for the Major to tell why that would be, especially given what she had read about the woman. Time stopping needles that froze whoever and whatever they made contact with, using them on both Miru and everyone around her to spare them from the flashbang's effects.

It was the intel she knew from her file that gave Monika a general guess at how long she had before everyone began to move again: Ten minutes. Ten minutes was all she had to get in and get out before the needle's effects wore off and left her in the middle of a Neridan army. She wouldn't get back up, both of her potential allies were decommissioned. Which just left her, with one hand burned and slightly disoriented by the flashbang, and the General, whose only disadvantage was being unaware of Monika's presence and being closer to the epicenter of the blast.

Reckless as it was, Miru did give Monika an opening to use.

Only stopping to steel herself for what was to come, along with recovering from the flashbang, Monika dashed out of her cover, sprinting and weaving through the frozen Neridan troops, blasts of heat bursting from her legs to propel herself forward, using both the soldiers and additional heat blasts to protect herself from any preemptive attack from the General. Once she got close enough though, made sure to move herself to a somewhat open path to the General, thrusting her halberd forward as a testing strike, prepared to react to the General's counter attack. Should even a single needle find its mark, Monika would lose, and after today, she was not going to take anymore losses. It was starting to give her a bad reputation already.
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #158 on: July 06, 2020, 05:13:24 pm »

Kira was quiet for several more moments as she considered the question. They were enemies, of course, but she held no ill will towards the woman and doubted there was any in return. Regardless, however, she wasn't the most eager to speak of her past, which would be a necessary part of an explanation. "It's a long story." She took a few more moments of silence to think. On the other hand, she had little to lose, and the slimmest hope of gaining something from it. "The relevant portion is that I remembered something when she hit me, and I'm not going to forget it again."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2020, 06:15:38 pm »

L

L was a bit taken back by how quickly the young girl switched gears. Nearly like she was talkin' to another person. Though, L was glad that she did so. It'd make this go a lot smoother, that was for certain. Perhaps her less than frightening appearance was actually helping... despite Cay's jokes on the matter. She swirled the lollipop in her mouth some more, thinking about how to proceed. She didn't want to make the girl think she was surely getting the spot but... L couldn't help but to admire that she seemingly didn't dwell on past defeats. She had truly asked to see her. L was at a greater loss why The General would consider it but... that wasn't important now. She could never ascertain the thoughts of that iron trap of a mind had she even tried.

"Lets just say I like to keep an open mind. I am sure many would say it is a quality less than fitting of a Major... but I say it's why I'm where I am." L responded, a bit of a smirk on her face. Faith was unlikely to know that L was wearing perhaps the biggest grin since she received her holy weapon. "It is nice to properly meet you as well Faith. However, we've some business to discuss... hopefully a bit more interesting than this dump seems to be." she said, weakly rolling her head around the room yet again. It still was a grey nightmare, but at least there was company to help it pass.

"I can't promise you a spot, but I can't say that your Holy Weapon isn't intriguing having fought against myself. There are a few things I would like to know Faith. While I have some combat experience with your weapon, I would like to know more about it." L ruffled through her overcoat, and it wasn't too long until she produced a small notepad and a small black pen.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 06:27:55 pm by Raindrop Valkyrie »

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2020, 07:30:27 pm »

Kira

Doc actually got a full-on look of curiosity. "You remembered something from being hit in the head? Isn't that a bit cartoonish?" The question was rhetorical. Doc wasn't an expert on memories, but she was perfectly familiar with head trauma. It was possible that the impact had reminded Kira of a similar situation, but the rush to write it down didn't fit on its own. Most people didn't desperately want to hold onto memories of having their skull fractured. She started to reach for her medical kit, but stopped herself. She was getting ahead of herself, as always.

"Kira, as a prisoner of war, you have a right to medical care." she explained, "That's one of the fundamental rules of war that we all agree on. On the battlefield, anything goes. But as soon as you choose to take someone prisoner, their life is in your hands. In other words, your well-being is my responsibility. There's a reason I'm General Camilla's personal physician, I'm damn good. And for the time being, I'm your physician too. This thing you've remembered, is it something that warrants medical intervention?"

Doc was always running on fumes, and there was a reason for that: She couldn't stop herself from helping people in need. Her constant annoyance was simply the result of being worn out, in truth she held no malice towards others. She was genuinely worried for Kira, and her deep sense of caring wouldn't let her leave it be. Before her was someone in need, and she wasn't going to stand by and let that need go unfulfilled.

Eilyth

"We'll have to prove them wrong, won't we?" Brigitte said.

The conversation was interrupted by the arrival of Gwenny and their orders. Brigitte's word salad order turned out to be a single cup of relatively mundane looking coffee. After they'd assured Gwenny they didn't need anything more, the girl left them to their food. She returned to the counter where she struck up a conversation with her own younger sister.

Brigitte went quite for a while, sipping at her coffee rather than talking. "About the wedding." she ventured carefully, "I know in the letter I said you didn't have to come as a sister, but I was hoping you would. Actually I was hoping you might be willing to be my beloved." This last few words were barely a whisper, and Brigitte averted her gaze. No wonder, considering what she was asking.

Weddings were a major ceremony, but they fundamentally boiled down to a few key rituals. Family held an important role, mothers and sisters were expected to present gifts and help read the blessings. The role of beloved was a step above that. A bride's beloved had to be someone she trusted wholeheartedly. The beloved stood with the brides and served as witness to the marriage, the ceremony couldn't be completed without their consent. The final ritual of a wedding was for the beloved of each bride to cross the stage, kiss the opposite bride on the cheek, and then present the corsage that the brides would use to seal their union. The general idea was that if the beloved felt the previous rituals were insufficient and didn't support the marriage anymore then they would 'steal' the bride by instead kissing her on the lips and sealing her themselves with the corsage. Such dramatic displays were uncommon in the modern day, but the beloved was still key to the final ritual and could choose at any point to rescind their approval. It was a huge responsibility.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2020, 08:44:44 pm »

Eilyth
She damn near choked on her own coffee upon hearing the request "W-wait... me? Your Beloved?"
    Never in a thousand years would she have thought anyone would ask such a role of her. Especially one of her sisters, before today. In all honesty she'd been hoping to attend as a friend of Leah; more out of a desire to not cause a potential scene than anything else. Whether Brigitte notified them or not, Eilyth felt it highly unlikely the rest of their bloodline wouldn't find out about it some way, and show up for the sake of keeping up appearances if nothing else. If only it was for nothing  else... that would've been a blessing. But Eilyth knew each of them better than that. She didn't exactly trust herself to avoid trying anything if she suddenly found herself within easy reach of all five of them at once, all but Brienne likely to be unarmed. She could practically feel herself going giddy at the mere thought of such an opportunity, her mind racing with all the possible ways and orders in which she could destroy them. So much so she had to conceal her growing smile with a napkin, pretending she was wiping her mouth after the near choking incident mere seconds ago.
    A nagging pressure around her neck reminded her of what she already knew. She couldn't do such a thing, as much as it would give her life the meaning it had so desperately lacked since she was a child. Actions and consequences, and all that. It would be the most satisfying thing ever in the moment, but the repercussions would far outweigh it. She valued their destruction highly, but she valued her own freedom nearly as much. If she was going to do it, she wanted to get away with it. She had to be smart, play the long game, take he indirect route. Pick them off one by one, when they were at their most vulnerable and there were no witnesses. A wedding massacre would very much be the opposite of such a modus operandi.
    That, and she wasn't exactly eager to so casually throw away the one and only relationship in her life that might've been worth salvaging. She couldn't even remember how long she'd wanted something even remotely close to this, but she knew it had been as long as she could remember. Someone not only gave a fuck about her, but also thought highly enough of her that they wanted her to be the Beloved at their wedding. Was she willing to sacrifice such a thing for the sake of retribution? Did she even have a right to sacrifice it for the sake of retribution?
     "...No. I don't. Because their happiness isn't mine to sacrifice."
     "I...I'll do it." She finally said, "but I just wanna know... the others, do they already know about the wedding?"
     Again, it likely didn't matter in the long run. They would probably find out one way or another, by the very nature of how the ceremony was usually operated. But there was no harm in knowing for certain whether she'd have to start building up her restraint now or later.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 08:55:50 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2020, 10:43:36 pm »

Kira

The teal-haired girl considered the statement for a moment. The question was if the thing she remembered was a medical issue. "It might be." It was hard to find help, but it was also hard to think of a way the doctor could realistically do so. It had been a long time, and all she had to go off of was something that could for all the world be a product of desperation and wishful thinking. "Nobody has been able to help so far, though," she cautioned. Kira didn't want the woman to commit herself to a potentially unsolvable problem. . . but there was still that tiny hope that she could. "But. . . it wouldn't hurt to look."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 06:43:47 am by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2020, 05:05:19 pm »

Kira

That was all Doc needed. She closed her book and rapped Verna on the side of the head with it. "Out."

Verna was jolted awake by the act and more than a little surprised. Waking her would normally be a herculean task, and even she wasn't quite sure how it had happened. She noticed Kira before Doc and smiled brightly. "You're awa-" she was cut off by another assault to the head.

"You can confess your undying love later. Get out, I have work to do." Doc said. She seemed more energized than she had been when Kira had first met her, but her tired sarcasm remained.

Verna was confused, but even she knew better than to argue when Doc was in this sort of mood. She gave Kira a look of longing as she slunk out of the room. Meanwhile, Doc retrieved her medical kit and started pulling out some of her tools. "I'm guessing this has something to do with what Talya said about your eye, but that's as far as my guess can go. Please fill me in with as many details as you can manage." she said. She still didn't quite emote fully, but there was a gentle note to her voice that hadn't been there before.

L

"Whaddaya wanna know? It's a flaming tank, not much to tell." Faith said with a jovial grin. She enjoyed talking about her weapon, it made her feel bigger and more adult than she was. "It's super tough, but apparently not against the wrath of god." She was referencing L's lightning attack, which had been more than powerful enough to electrify the entire thing and Faith within. If the tank had been any less resistant to the attack, L probably would have fried the girl entirely. "I can drive it, but the more the merrier. Faster than it looks, I don't got any trouble keeping up. Stopping is the hard part, have to bring extra camo for it to camp. Makes a good shelter in the winter though."

Silvia

"Send a copy, got it. I'll get right on that." Risa nodded, "Thanks a bunch for your consideration. I hope everything works out, whoever you pick."
Defile Circles Discord

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2020, 05:31:53 pm »

Silvia

"Thank you to you as well." Silvia will shake Risa's hand, and then return to her room to write down a full compilation of what she'd learned.

She was leaning toward Sally, but she wasn't an actual healer, so despite her potential utility, there was a good chance she'd be disregarded.
Dalton was definitely the most reliable, but it was unclear if she'd be able to get to serious injuries quickly enough, especially since it seemed she was the least suited to being in combat.
And Risa... well, she had range, and could participate in combat, and she definitely had potency, but her ability was unreliable, and she hadn't actually fought before.

This was going to be a pain in the ass. Nerys help her...
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 70