Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52504 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2020, 04:18:53 pm »

L

"Kirari Arceneaux." Aia snarled the name more like a hurt puppy than an angry woman. L had heard the name. A Tyranian Dame known for her sadistic cruelty. There was very little information about her appearance, abilities, and personality beyond that. Intelligence had tried, but not even her countrymen knew about her. Not even her countrymen wanted to know about her. She'd been left to her own devices, and terrorized the border. The day she suddenly vanished was a happy one for both Katria and Tyran. If what Aia was implying was true, perhaps she'd not gone into hiding, but rather been discreetly exiled after crossing a line.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2020, 05:54:24 pm »

Silvia

Silvia nodded as Sally explained, tapping the end of her pen to her mouth.
Alright, fair enough. I suppose there’s only really two things left. One, how do you actually use your power, what do you need to do to activate it? And two, may I see your weapon?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2020, 08:06:03 pm »

Monika

"Layla's tits!" Monika swore as she pulled back her hand, the sudden pain erupting as soon as the light retracted and let her see the burn marks and, most importantly, blown off fingertips. That had never happened before, she was always able to use her explosions without worrying about damage to herself. That meant that there was something influencing her power... Which considering she wasn't a charred corpse from her earlier explosion, meant that the most likely reason for her damage came from the light that suddenly erupted from Verna. Putting two and two together, that told her that Verna could allow other Holy Weapons to damage their own wielders, even if they weren't meant to do so initially.

Wonderful

"Right, right, fuck this hurts like a bitch" the Major commented towards Kira, keeping her burnt hand close to her chest as she took a step back, "Don't do anything reckless. That light can make your weapon damage yourself if you're in it."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2020, 08:16:54 am »

Monika and Kira

Verna jumped, her tiny sun floated up in front of her, and she slammed a hand down into it. It spiked downwards, glowing orange as it made a beeline for Kira. Whatever it hit, it would explode in a small burst of light that encompassed everything in a two foot radius. Anyone struck by this light would be scorched according to the amount of hatred within them. This would be even more potent to those struck directly by the ball.

Yet Kira, strangely, would be totally unaffected by the light radius. Only a direct hit would harm her, and even that would be highly reduced in effectiveness. It was as though there was not a drop of hatred within her.

Silvia

Sally shook her head. "I'm not allowed to have it when I'm not on duty. It makes me hyperactive. It's not anything interesting though, just a belt. It turns on when I start hitting things and I can spread it to people I want to protect, and then they can spread it to people they want to protect. So on and so forth until everyone burns out."
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 10:44:19 am by Takosher »
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2020, 08:41:35 am »

Kira stretched the scarf out taut in front of her before activating its power, responding to Verna's leap. The woman shot something in her direction at a dizzying speed, faster than she was expecting. The purple sheen swept across the scarf, but Kira wasn't able to get it completely immovable before impact; she grunted as the projectile crashed into the barrier and exploded, enveloping her in. . . a gentle, warm light that seemed to do no harm to her whatsoever. The impact also didn't manage to shatter her wrists, something she was dimly grateful for. "Major, I believe I can intercept her attacks safely." She let the scarf fade back to near-normal resistance, though she kept some of it on standby. The extra effort of moving was worth the decreased time to react. There was still the issue of freezing, if the doctor decided to join in once again, but she elected to prioritize defending against the thing that would potentially kill her or a teammate on impact, rather than something that only might lead to an immediate death.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2020, 03:38:14 pm »

Eilyth
The process of setting everything up had been just as much a pain in the ass as she'd expected it to be. By the end of it she was genuinely convinced that none of the brass had ever thought she'd actually be crazy enough to take the third option.  It provided some level of satisfaction in a way, seeing the chaotic scrambling that clearly indicated this was not the path any of them wanted her to take. Even resigned to play along as she was, the subtle defiance of her masters still tasted sweet. There was still much to be done of course, but it could wait till she was done here.
     The letter felt like it was burning a hole in her pocket, as she made her way to see Brigitte. She had inevitably had second thoughts after sleeping on it, tried to weasel her way out by acting as if her official business for the day was too important to take such a detour. The damnable serpent around her neck, however, had cut right through the bullshit and managed to corral her back onto their agreed upon path once the initial paperwork and planning were done. She had fuck all idea what she was even going to say when she got there, or if Brigitte would even agree to meet her. She had no idea whether she was just wasting her time here or actually about to go down a route she'd never even thought was possible. She hated the uncertainty of it all. She hated uncertainty in general. Made her feel like she was small again. Lost, alone, powerless.

"Amicus," She whispered, "how about we make a deal? I'll...go ahead and try this. If it doesn't work out, she'll still stay off the list, but you'll never convince me to try anything like this again. For anyone."

No response. The metallic serpent remained as inert around her neck as ever. Eilyth took the figurative silence as confirmation enough for now.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2020, 07:57:16 pm »

Monika

Well, this certainly a weird situation. Not only was Monika dealing with a weapon that she had no prior experience fighting, one that malfunctions her primary ability, but that very weapon seemed completely ineffective against Kira. Perhaps the weapon's only threat came with its ability to screw with other weapons? Or was it another consequence of Kira's odd state of being?

"Good. Incapacitate them quickly, we don't have time to waste" Monika stated, letting out a deep breathe as the pain in her hand began to numb itself out. She would prefer being able to fight herself, but although she could fight with one hand, it would be a lot of hassle to do so without her primary ability. With how things were going by now, she mostly had to rely on Kira's unharmed nature and advantage over their current opponent.

... Perhaps she should vouch for a promotion if they can make it back to the main army.
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2020, 04:43:03 pm »

Monika and Kira

Verna stopped abruptly when she touched down, a look of surprise washing over her face. "What the hell?!" she shouted, "Just how fucked up are you?!" The ball dashed back to float beside and slightly in front of her, as if it was pulled there by an elastic band. She didn't seem to notice it, her focus was on Kira. Her lips were parted in shock, her brow pointed down in anger, and she looked like she was about to cry again. It was a look of... betrayal? Such an emotion surely didn't make sense in this situation, but it's exactly what Verna was expressing. "My attacks, they prey on hatred. I have a lot of it, so they can even hurt me when I use my light." She held up her arms, showcasing the burns that plagued her skin. "People with only a little hate get only a little hurt, but you didn't get hurt at all. What the fuck?! Do you not hate anything?! You said that all you do is hurt people!"

Verna lashed out, smashing the bottom of her fist into the ball. It smashed through a tree near Kira, causing the tree to topple towards her. The edges of the damage were burnt slightly by the ball's aura. It was telling that even a tree took more damage than Kira. The ball bounced back to Verna even faster than the first time, but rather than stopping to float again, it spun into an orbit around her as she started to charge again. Unlike in the earlier discussion, Verna's emotions weren't snapping around on a whim, her resentment remained a fixture on her face as she made a beeline for Kira.

Eilyth

Brigitte answered the door to her quarters after the first knock. The expectant smile on her face faded as soon as she saw Eilyth. She'd been waiting for someone else. "What do you want?" Brigitte turned her head to the side, refusing to meet Eilyth's eyes. It was a step up from the medal ceremony, where Brigitte had made a point to avoid letting Eilyth anywhere near her in the first place.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 05:05:36 pm by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2020, 05:04:55 pm »

Kira

Kira moved backward and towards the tree. Prepared for the thing to fall, she had her scarf completely immovable when it struck. The tree bounced off her holy weapon, and she continued keeping it between her and Verna. "Major, please keep moving. I can't go after her without charging into their forces." She had no real plans to incapacitate Verna unless the killer closed on her.

She wasn't entirely sure how to reply to Verna's shouting. "If you find the answer to that question, please let me know." Kira shook her head. "I only hate one person, and I don't even know who she is."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2020, 05:17:01 pm »

Monika and Kira

Verna laced her fingers together and swung her arms opposite the ball's orbit, sending it flying. It hit the tree again, smashing it to splinters, and sprung back to Verna once more. Miru cried out in pain as the ball caught her on its way back. She didn't turn visible again, so she was still conscious, but it was impossible to know her condition otherwise. Verna thankfully didn't try to follow up, the invisible girl would be free to slink away and heal, or try for another advance if she was in good enough condition.

Verna was already sending the ball out on another attack, firing straight towards Kira as though she thought she could punch through the scarf if she hit it hard enough. She was also closing the distance with her constant charging, it wouldn't be long before she was in Kira's range.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 05:58:04 pm by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2020, 05:55:32 pm »

Monika

"... Fair point" Monika said after a moment, her brain going over her, admittedly stupid, order and Kira's request, choosing to heed the soldier's request instead of dealing with the fact that she was not acting like much of a Major. Of course, even with Verna charging them straight on, seemingly without much thought, the situation was still deteriorating rapidly, seeing as how the ball managed to hit Miru on its rebound. Seemingly not enough to knock her out, but enough to hurt her. Not to mention the fact that there was still the unaccounted general.

There was going to be so much hell if she got back no matter what choice she made here.

"Dammit, this is why I hate this job..." the Major muttered to herself, "Make sure to retrieve Miru if you can, I'll be just up ahead" Monika stated, trying to take a bit of control over the situation again as she turned and ran, dashing through the trees until she was just  a bit out of sight of the battle between Holy Weapon users, slowing to a walk as she took in the sounds. Despite all instincts telling her to run and not look back, it was against Monika's personal code to flat out leave her soldiers. If she had to, she would run right back into the fray if it sounded like Kira was losing.
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2020, 06:11:04 pm »

Kira continued to carefully backpedal at a measured pace even as Verna closed, nodding silently at Monika's order. Miru taking a hit was bad, but there wasn't much Kira could do other than continue to tie down their assailant; if she were downed, then she could focus on Miru. She intercepted the incoming strike with the scarf at an angle, aiming to glance it sideways away from where she'd seen it collide with her invisible teammate earlier. Kira hoped that Verna would exhaust herself on the approach and make herself easy pickings in melee, though with her luck, she doubted it would be that simple. "I don't understand why you're so upset." She tilted her head slightly. "You were so excited to meet me earlier." As usual, her words only held hints of emotion. Not quite robotic, but. . . off. It was an effect Kira probably would have tried to suppress in a different situation, but she had better things to focus on at the moment.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2020, 06:26:59 pm »

Silvia

Silvia thinks for a moment.
"Do you know if you can activate it before combat starts, or is it only once you've started fighting? And when you say it spreads to people you want to protect - is that a conscious thing, or more instinctual? I promise, these are the last questions."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2020, 07:41:11 pm »

Monika and Kira

Monika seemed to be safe having taken to the woods. It was possible that if she kept running she'd be able to escape, although as the forest got denser it would be harder for her to traverse it quickly. The Neridan army might think she was more trouble than she was worth, but there was always the possibility of getting caught by a patrol.

Meanwhile, the ball ricocheted off the scarf as Kira intended. It flew back towards Verna, only to be met by the lunatic's hands and flung back out. Verna was overzealous in her return, and the ball was flung past Kira. Verna ignored the miss, she was too close to back off even if she wanted to, only a few strides from melee range. She pulled back her fist to go for a punch, attempting to dodge to the side, around the scarf, as she did so.

Silvia

"When I start hitting things." Sally reiterated, "And I guess both? I can sort of aim it but I don't have to try to aim it. Once other people start picking it up it gets out of my control, so I don't think it matters much either way."
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2020, 09:15:07 pm »

Eilyth
Eilyth was almost glad when Brigitte refused to make eye contact. It saved her from having to awkwardly avert her gaze to the floor. That's still were it ended up in the end, though. She sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck, partly to search for the words to say, and partly to see Amicus would at least throw her a bone and give some guidance here, since the damn thing had prodded her along this far already. There was nary a bit of movement in response; she was on her own.
    "Fuck. Ok. Alright. Forget him, I don't need his help, probably wouldn't make it easier anyway. just... keep it simple. Don't overthink it... just... say what you need to, and move on. Do it. Go on. Too late to back out now. Come on, Eilyth..."
    "I uh..." She finally began, "I saw the letter you sent. About the engagement. I....uh look, I've been thinking about it lately, and... I'm sorry about the way things have been.  I... I know it doesn't undo anything, but I am sorry. I shouldn't have treated you like you were no different from the others..."

She swore she felt a lump in her throat right now, but she told herself as she trailed off that it was just the sensation of swallowing her pride.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 70