Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119689 times)

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #915 on: March 06, 2020, 08:47:04 pm »

Dixie held onto the Mystery Cylinder, channeling mana into it and watching the metal bits around it whirr around, aiding a bit to her amusement.

She'd only noticed they were out when everyone started talking.

"How... Eh."

She handed the cylinder back to Burt, then retook her Throwing Dagger from the mechanical goblin's table, spinning it around her hand, then tossing it down, sheating itself perfectly at the side of her right leather boot.

She then looked around for Lucy. Once found, she asks him which direction the village is.
I have a YouTube channel.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 07, 2020, 03:39:17 am »

Oh my! Tell me about Gorohill Vercressen Pierre. Then tell me about what they discovered about the source of magic further in the forest. Is it the Seed? What was it the source of power for? Why did Gorohill build the tower? Gorohill mentioned some disturbances, what were they? What happened in the lightning room? What fool was badgering Gorohill, delaying completion of the tower?

"Ok hey, I said ask questions not pick me apart like a flimsy doctoral thesis. Ahem, kneeway, Gorohill, or I should say Master Pierre, is my maker."

The goblin started absentmindedly fiddling with a marble in his fingers, moving them between his hands at lightning speed.

"I dunna why he made the tower, the man thought more every passing second than mostya manage in a month. I do know he wanted to bring fighters and mages in, and once there were enough he'd do... something. He might've changed his mind on seeing allya though."

The Goblin gave a trademarked chuckle, then continued speaking.

"He was an eccentric wizard (which wizard ain't?), maybe opening a theme park was all he ever wanted."

"The disturbance, yes I was the one who saw it... we had pigeons keep nesting in the wrong places, but I ain't never seen a pigeon that can nullify magic barriers. The lightning room you saw, is one of hundreds of rooms that keep the tower running. It can handle itself per-pe-cha-lee."

The goblin emphasized each syllable of the word.

"Oh yeah, allya went through five floors or somthin', but there's hundreds, each with its own power. Kneeway, something broke in, and I ain't seen Gorohill since. He left in a hurry. Between you and me, that suits me just fine, eh? Less chasing pigeons, more nap times."

"As for the Seed, I dunna. My jobs was here at this gate, the wizard got around. He probably messed with things deeper inside the forest, or he coulda imagined it. When you move around with a wizard nuff you find there are world-ending artifacts and vast sources of arcane power behind every tree stump."

"Gorohill had lotsa wizard friends. And wizard enemies. And wizard frenemies. They came and they went, he had a lot of visitors. More than your average wizard recluse, I should think. He prolly took some sod's wizard pipe and kept being badgered to return it. I dunna, I couldn't tell ya about every pointy-hat that came, my business is at this gate."

Noting the doctor, and seeing he was carrying a small library worth of books, and taking a few moments to register that the old man was asking very specific questions about specific people he had never heard of, he got a little hot under the collar.

Where the [expletive] did'ya git THOSE!? he demanded incredulously. How did we allz git outside all a sudden!? WHO THE [Expletive] ARE YA TALKING 'BOUT!? What's this "Seed" Bus'ness yer goin' on about!? WHAT THE [expletive] IS GOIN' ON ALL A SUDDEN!?

The goblin sticks his fingers into his ears.

"Oi bear humper, keep it down will ya? Summa us are tryin' ta have a civil discourse."

She handed the cylinder back to Burt, then retook her Throwing Dagger from the mechanical goblin's table, spinning it around her hand, then tossing it down, sheating itself perfectly at the side of her right leather boot.

Burt gains Mystery Cylinder back.

Dixie regains Throwing Dagger.
:-(

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 07, 2020, 03:59:21 am »

Noting the doctor, and seeing he was carrying a small library worth of books, and taking a few moments to register that the old man was asking very specific questions about specific people he had never heard of, he got a little hot under the collar.

Where the [expletive] did'ya git THOSE!? he demanded incredulously. How did we allz git outside all a sudden!? WHO THE [Expletive] ARE YA TALKING 'BOUT!? What's this "Seed" Bus'ness yer goin' on about!? WHAT THE [expletive] IS GOIN' ON ALL A SUDDEN!?

The goblin sticks his fingers into his ears.

"Oi bear humper, keep it down will ya? Summa us are tryin' ta have a civil discourse."

Yer One ta talk, if'n ya been "Fittin' Cogs" wif dat ICE QUEEN ya gots locked up in'da floor uptarrs (ya lil' freak)-- At leas' Mama's good compny, and dont need be locked up an' chained ta some damn fool game-- All I sees is ye sittin down here talking [expletive] and layin about like a rustin' hunk a [expletive]. Prolly cause at's what ya is.  "Civil Discourse" muh hairy old [expletive].  Plain as day ye gots more an afew screws loose, ya smarmy smart mouthed chamber pot-- Marbles ain't all ye lost. Especially ifn' ye be tryin to have a meaninful conversation with yer "missus"-- (clearly, ye cain't stand er compny neither, ats why yer always down here.)

Jack pointedly indicates the coughed up screw laying on the table.

Naw I gots questions a muh own--  What in tarnation's a goin on with all the critters round ere, and why's a big arsed chunk a dese here woods all dead an rotten like, that ye can see it fer miles up from that there tower? Yer master go knockin over forest spirits cause he gots a hard-on for screwin over everyone as can't talk like a man? Out wit it ye polished lil prick.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 04:02:59 am by wierd »

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 07, 2020, 04:09:03 am »

Dixie held onto the Mystery Cylinder, channeling mana into it and watching the metal bits around it whirr around, aiding a bit to her amusement.

She'd only noticed they were out when everyone started talking.

"How... Eh."

She then looked around for Lucy. Once found, she asks him which direction the village is.
"Southeast, further south than east, I reckon. Might have to camp on the way, it's getting late."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 07, 2020, 04:16:31 am »

Dixie thought about just teleporting everyone with the amulet she just gotten, but she didn't know if the amulet worked that way...

She held Lucy's arm and secretly channeled mana towards the teleporting amulet inside her sweater, attempting to move the both of them just one meter to the left.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 07, 2020, 04:23:46 am »

Yer One ta talk, if'n ya been "Fittin' Cogs" wif dat ICE QUEEN ya gots locked up in'da floor uptarrs (ya lil' freak)-- At leas' Mama's good compny, and dont need be locked up an' chained ta some damn fool game-- All I sees is ye sittin down here talking [expletive] and layin about like a rustin' hunk a [expletive]. Prolly cause at's what ya is.  "Civil Discourse" muh hairy old [expletive].  Plain as day ye gots more an afew screws loose, ya smarmy smart mouthed chamber pot-- Marbles ain't all ye lost. Especially ifn' ye be tryin to have a meaninful conversation with yer "missus"-- (clearly, ye cain't stand er compny neither, ats why yer always down here.)

"Oi oi look like someone woke on the wrong side of the bear today. Aye's don't get to choose where me job is, nor do the missus hers ya hear, but seems to me you choose exactly how intimate ya want to be with forest critters and in broad daylight too!"

The goblin fails at hiding his snorts as he replies.

Naw I gots questions a muh own--  What in tarnation's a goin on with all the critters round ere, and why's a big arsed chunk a dese here woods all dead an rotten like, that ye can see it fer miles up from that there tower? Yer master go knockin over forest spirits cause he gots a hard-on for screwin over everyone as can't talk like a man? Out wit it ye polished lil prick.

"Ya know more 'bout it than do I. I can keep most of them animals away from here, but it's only a matter of time before something worse comes out. The rot may be where this badness comes from, I can't say. I can say however, that Master Pierre cant've been responsible for it. He never interferin' with magic like this (and 'twas more concerned with this tower kneeways), he's more a scholarly observer of magic than a harnesser. Heck, see the tower behind me. That's all his own power, he don't need meddlin' to do any of this."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 07, 2020, 04:44:49 am »

Careful Naow-- Ye might cough up a 'nuther one-- Wouldn't want yer rattle-trap head te fall off, now would we?

Jack raised an eyebrow at the diminutive droid, and smirked, before continuing.

Ye might be intrested in knowin-- ifn yer the "maintenance machine" in charge o' upkeep, at dere's a big arsed leak and all a lights is out on de third floor. Maybe ye should stop being a bag a bolts--- eh? Oh- and one a de panels on floor 4 fell in an almost took muh other eye out-- Great way to welcome guests 'at-- And don't get me started on the lack o chairs an other niceties-- Yer master's a right twat when it comes ta hospt'ality. What wit' the purple death beams and whirlin blades a doom an all. -An en, to add ins'lt ta inj'ry, whole damn place up an pops ya into da op'n afer ye goes through all 'e trouble to get even a teensy bit o privacy-- (ye gibbering gearbox, got a lot o nerve suggestin I ain't discrete!)

Naow, about dis 'ere wizard's moar "dubious" assoc'ates-- Got any names, claptrap?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 07, 2020, 05:30:56 am »

Dixie thought about just teleporting everyone with the amulet she just gotten, but she didn't know if the amulet worked that way...

She held Lucy's arm and secretly channeled mana towards the teleporting amulet inside her sweater, attempting to move the both of them just one meter to the left.

Both of them blink about a foot to their left. The Amulet of Teleportation seems able to move two people at a time but it strains the magic of the device to its limit. It seems dangerous to attempt teleporting with numbers greater than that. The artifact hasn't recharged sufficiently to allow greater teleportation distance yet.

Careful Naow-- Ye might cough up a 'nuther one-- Wouldn't want yer rattle-trap head te fall off, now would we?

Jack raised an eyebrow at the diminutive droid, and smirked, before continuing.

Ye might be intrested in knowin-- ifn yer the "maintenance machine" in charge o' upkeep, at dere's a big arsed leak and all a lights is out on de third floor. Maybe ye should stop being a bag a bolts--- eh? Oh- and one a de panels on floor 4 fell in an almost took muh other eye out-- Great way to welcome guests 'at-- And don't get me started on the lack o chairs an other niceties-- Yer master's a right twat when it comes ta hospt'ality. What wit' the purple death beams and whirlin blades a doom an all. -An en, to add ins'lt ta inj'ry, whole damn place up an pops ya into da op'n afer ye goes through all 'e trouble to get even a teensy bit o privacy-- (ye gibbering gearbox, got a lot o nerve suggestin I ain't discrete!)

Naow, about dis 'ere wizard's moar "dubious" assoc'ates-- Got any names, claptrap?

The goblin expresses interest in Jack's words, his metallic brows extended and making an expression he hasn't made before.

"Which third floor? Musta been several hundred third floors in there. Can't do much about it till the wizard comes back, I can make basic repairs but I daren't mess with nothing more'n that else I risk blowing it all up."

The goblin mutters under his breath for a moment, the words "falling apart" made out among whatever else he admonished himself over.

"And like pointdexter here asked me, and ya clearly don't have the manners to pay attention, the tower ain't completed yet. I'm summat impressed allya made it out in one piece, hafta say. We was close to it but Gorohill left. Or chased out, someone musta been after him. And don't ask me for his friends, I ain't the wizard's secretary. I can't tell ya their names any more'n your bear can."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 07, 2020, 05:44:00 am »

Shame... She was looking forward to the comfort of a bed in a solid room after every gruelling thing that happened recently.

Maybe not tonight.

She observed Lucy and his reaction.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 07, 2020, 05:48:38 am »

Aww no ye dont ye greasy lil' shit-- Ye went an' said you caint keep track o'em, not at ye didna know their damn names. I asked a totl'y diffren' question.  Ya jus' gots tuh many screws loose to figger it out yerself. Jack retorted before muttering under his breath Towar aint the only thang e's been neglectin....

Jack turned his attention to Doak.

When ye get finished pumpin the pipsqueak fer all 'es worth, I'd like te see what all ye pilfered from the ol [expletive]-wad's secret hidey hole. Looks like ye got quite a haul dere-- We can go o'er 's secrit fam'ly rec'pies at de same time-- Sound like a plan?

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 07, 2020, 06:19:43 am »

Shame... She was looking forward to the comfort of a bed in a solid room after every gruelling thing that happened recently.

Maybe not tonight.

She observed Lucy and his reaction.
Their eyes met, along a raised eyebrow.

"Fancy trinket you've got."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 07, 2020, 06:26:36 am »

"Yeah... needs to recharge, though. And I doubt it has the capacity to carry us all even if it is."

Dixie let go of Lucy's arm, then glanced at the tower, then back to him. "I suppose if we're camping, let's finally get ourselves a roof for once?"

She then walked a bit and raised a hand. "Hey!... nameless iron goblin... Can the monsters pass through the wards of this tower?"

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 07, 2020, 07:24:52 am »

She then walked a bit and raised a hand. "Hey!... nameless iron goblin... Can the monsters pass through the wards of this tower?"

"Nonna the ones I seen so far, no. "

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 07, 2020, 07:38:39 am »

"When was the last time you saw the wizard that owned this crap shack of a tower?"
Burt said as he stared at the mechanical goblin.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 07, 2020, 09:32:30 am »

Dixie walks back to Lucy. "I think we should camp in the tower."
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 142