Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119670 times)

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #900 on: March 06, 2020, 02:47:52 am »

"Alright! I'm tired of this idle looting, and my hands is itching to hack something", the slayer said."I don't know about you guys but my body is ready for action now."

"I am not leaving here without destroying anything." He said in a more serious tone. "If you guys are done looting, just give me the unusable loot for safe keeping so we can start the killing."

"Preferebly greenskins" he uttered under his breath.

"Alright chaaaaarge!"

GSH runs to the upper floors with a little bit if caution in his mind

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 06, 2020, 04:14:43 am »

"I'm gonna dig around in all this for a bit longer so you do whatever."
Burt then dug around the scattered papers to see if there weren't any undamaged books hidden under the debris, then he searched the desk.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 06, 2020, 04:53:12 am »

GSH runs to the upper floors with a little bit if caution in his mind

The Greenskins Holocaust clambers up the ladder to the room, startling the Doctor and Burt.

"I'm gonna dig around in all this for a bit longer so you do whatever."
Burt then dug around the scattered papers to see if there weren't any undamaged books hidden under the debris, then he searched the desk.

Whoever ransacked this place did a thorough job, they may have been searching for something. The bread on the desk (which was next to the bound journal) has been left unmolested and seems fresh (likely since it's Elven bread which doesn't go bad) so it's pocketed by Burt.

Burt gains Elven Baguette.

Opening the drawers reveals a peculiar... object. It looks like a thin, slim cylinder (similar in length to an index finger) with bits of metal sticking out of it.

Burt gains Mystery Cylinder.
:-(

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 06, 2020, 05:25:50 am »

"Hm, maybe it's worn on a finger?" Dixie says, appearing behind the distracted Burt.
I have a YouTube channel.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 06, 2020, 07:01:53 am »

"Oh damn don't be sneaking up on me, how did you get here you weren't here a minute ago, and what do you mean its a worm finger, worms don't have fingers."
Burt looked around at the damaged book parts one last time to see if any of the books had any chance of being put back together
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 06, 2020, 07:06:48 am »

"Oh, hahaha, did I scare you? I'm sorry. Let me borrow that cylinder for a moment, will you? Maybe it responds to magic or something." She says, holding out a hand.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 06, 2020, 07:15:26 am »

"Yeah sure look at it all you want, I don't think its magic but it might be, I've never really messed with the stuff."
Burt hands Dixie the weird cylinder, then goes back to digging through the damaged papers.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 06, 2020, 07:20:15 am »

"Thanks."

Dixie observes it then channels mana into it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 07:29:26 am by The Centipede »

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 06, 2020, 07:45:49 am »

"Oh damn don't be sneaking up on me, how did you get here you weren't here a minute ago, and what do you mean its a worm finger, worms don't have fingers."
Burt looked around at the damaged book parts one last time to see if any of the books had any chance of being put back together

Sifting through the mess Burt comes across a beautifully decorated folio, words threaded in silver and images illustrated with gold foil. It depicts various fruits and edible plant parts, real and imagined. Among them are Underwater Banana and Wyvernfruit, both rare and highly sought after for their supposed magical properties. The folio looks important, why this was left behind intact (along few nature magic related books Doctor Doak recovered) when everything else was ransacked remains a mystery for now.

Burt gains Fruit Folio.

Unfortunately nothing else of the books and papers can be salvaged.

Dixie observes it, its insides, then channels mana into it.

The bits of metal poking out from the cylinder revolve a bit but nothing else happens.

The glowing tile at the end of the room glows brighter.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 07:48:53 am by Frank »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 06, 2020, 07:54:30 am »

Noticing it a while later, Dixie then moves near (but not onto) the glowing tile. What does it look like again?

Is there a slot where this cylinder fits?

Channel more mana into it, see where the reaction is concentrated

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 06, 2020, 11:05:02 am »

Noticing it a while later, Dixie then moves near (but not onto) the glowing tile. What does it look like again?

Is there a slot where this cylinder fits?

Channel more mana into it, see where the reaction is concentrated

The tile is markedly different from the surrounding flooring. There are magic rune inscribed on its edge, each rune glows brightly, and the tile itself seems to be giving off a bright light.

The cylinder doesn't seem to be connected to the tile, there's no visible receptacle to attach it to.

Dixie channels mana into the cylinder. The bits of metal poking out of it rotate faster than before, but displays no further reaction.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 06, 2020, 03:28:38 pm »

Doctor Doak steps on the tile
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 06, 2020, 03:54:11 pm »

Doctor Doak steps on the tile

Doctor Doak steps on the tile. Nothing happens. He looks around him. The room seems to have changed. There's a closed gate behind him, in the shape of some ferocious winged beast, and behind the gate is a tower that stretches into the clouds. To his either side are the rest of the party, including everyone who were on the lower floor in the treasure room.

Slightly to their side is a goblin automaton who is reclining on a stool, napping with his eyes closed and feet resting on a table in front of him. He starts speaking with a yawn, without opening his eyes.

"Yaaagh wow. Allzya back huh? Had fun?"

He opens one eye and looks over with a mischievous glint.

"Ah heard allya had a run in with the missus. Mighty fine lady she is, hope ya dint give her much trouble."

The goblin guffaws for a bit, then clears its throat (coughing out a screw in the process).

"I thinks allya done the business ya had inside. Might be I can answer a few questions now, if ya ask the right ones, mind? Or ya can get yer way, big world out there, lots ta see. Not for me though, I gots this gate to watch."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 06, 2020, 07:12:33 pm »

Oh. That was underwhelming.

He notes the gobbo, and listens before bursting into activity.

Oh my! Tell me about Gorohill Vercressen Pierre. Then tell me about what they discovered about the source of magic further in the forest. Is it the Seed? What was it the source of power for? Why did Gorohill build the tower? Gorohill mentioned some disturbances, what were they? What happened in the lightning room? What fool was badgering Gorohill, delaying completion of the tower?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 06, 2020, 07:24:56 pm »

Jack was very confused.

One moment, he was laying on his back, with his shirt off and tucked behind his head (wrapped around his rucksack), reclining and enjoying a fantastic (and closely snuggled) repose with mama in the cozy privacy of the alcove upon a hard stone floor with his eyes closed, then suddenly the room felt a fair bit chillier, and there was grass under his back and butt.

Opening his eye, and looking past mama, who was suddenly quite alarmed at the sudden change herself, he notes that the blanket he had used to cordon off the alcove was "tented" over the top of the two of them, with just their heads sticking out, due to the sudden appearance of a cloudy sky overhead. His eye bulged instinctively, and his cheeks began to color very intensely as he took in the scene around him, before his eye met the bear's.

She had no basis upon which to ground this sudden development, and was in a state of shock, confusion, and disbelief-- and quite frankly, so was he-- The only difference was the blooming sensation of exposure and embarrassment he felt, and she did not. He was rather greatful for the blanket's having dropped over the top of them.

Frustration and disappointment cascaded across mama's mind like a changing tide, as she stood up, and Jack slinked deeper under her, grabbing his shirt from off the ground, and retreating beneath the blanket draped over her back, before emerging several seconds later, with the shirt on, but wrinkled and slightly askew, then busied with the task of folding the blanket up, and stuffing it back into his bag.

This was sure a 'FINE' way to ruin a perfectly good bit of alone-time -- he grumbled to himself bitterly, wishing the hotness in his cheeks would subside quickly.  Mama nudged him, then licked his face as he crouched, working with the blanket. She radiated confusion still, but also a bit of a dirty joke-- something along the lines of "This is why you shouldn't wait" 

The joke did not do anything to lessen the coloring in his cheeks.  This whole sudden development had him a bit of "a mood."

Noting the doctor, and seeing he was carrying a small library worth of books, and taking a few moments to register that the old man was asking very specific questions about specific people he had never heard of, he got a little hot under the collar.

Where the [expletive] did'ya git THOSE!? he demanded incredulously. How did we allz git outside all a sudden!? WHO THE [Expletive] ARE YA TALKING 'BOUT!? What's this "Seed" Bus'ness yer goin' on about!? WHAT THE [expletive] IS GOIN' ON ALL A SUDDEN!?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 07:49:38 pm by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 142