Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119599 times)

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #945 on: March 08, 2020, 05:06:46 am »

"Haha! Yes! That's why it goblin runaway to your master, tell the greenskin warboss I'm coming for him next. Hahahah!" The slayer laughs defiantly.
"Oh... wow... so he was a summon. "

Dixie scratched her cheek, then shrugged with a grin. "Guess no one's stopping us from camping in the tower now. Unless you guys have a different plan? it's getting late and we finally have a roof for once. "

"Our business here is done... Well atleast for now." The slayer said. "Plus, you were half-dead earlier, I think it's best to return to the village and rest. Eitherway, I don't think anyone wants to go back and climb that tower... Well, atleast. I don't want to."

He turned to the other adventurers. "What do you guys thin--"

*gets smacked*
"Oh great when people finally started getting info out of that mechanical idiot, you go and fuck it up by being a racist idiot."
Burt then smacks the iron idiot in the back of the head.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 05:11:10 am by invul_nerable »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 08, 2020, 05:52:34 am »

"Oh what the fuck I barely hit him, whats the point of that helmet he's wearing if he gets knocked out so easy?"
Burt stands there staring at the unconscious iron idiot, a look of disbelief on his face.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 08, 2020, 05:55:51 am »

Torn between righteous anger and hysterical laughter, Jack decided that the latter was really all that he really wanted at the moment.

Jus' don' hit 'im in t'e arse! You'll cave 'is brains in! he cackled, while rubbing his forehead ruefully.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 08, 2020, 06:36:41 am »

"Wait... Gate's closed. " Dixie pointed at it, then the vacated goblin table. "And the only person who could open it is gone. "

She sighed. "I guess we're camping out again, yay." She then began to walk towards the village, but not before pointing at the unusually unconscious armored goof. "Is someone gonna carry him? I physically can't. "
I have a YouTube channel.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 08, 2020, 07:25:52 am »

"Mal, can you carry Mister Tincan?" Laemmle spoke to Lion man, pointing the unconscious one.

"Everyone, listen up.

We are going to find some good spot for camp to eat night meal and take a rest to skip night. Since it's pretty late afternoon already, that is a better option rather than go straight walk into the town today." Laemmle spoke to her party.

"Dula, take the lead." she said to Dula.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 08, 2020, 07:36:14 am »

Maslarein blinked to attention as he realised that he was outside.

...Wait, what? When did this happen? How Did I Not Notice This Happening?” He murmurs to himself, trying not to let anyone realise he’d been ignoring everything that happened after the fight. Well, he thinks to himself, guess I’ll just roll with it.

He notices Armoured Comrade’s... Corpse? No, he‘s fine, probably just a Comedically Effective Head Slap. Anyway, he notices Armoured Comrade’s Limp Body, and decides that he’s the only one able to carry him to wherever the group’s going next.

Alright, Friend! Get Ready For A Bumpy Ride! HaHa!” Maslarein picks up Armoured Comrade in an Over the Shoulder Carry, and prepares to Leave.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 08, 2020, 11:45:47 am »

"If the armoured idiot ends up with brain damage its not my fault because he probably already had it, and where are we camping for the night anyway?"
Burt stands to the side looking at the others in the group.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 08, 2020, 02:23:48 pm »

Linea snorted, so much for investigating the ruins and find the root of all evil. Now the only source of information is gone, thanks to another stupid antic coming from the tin headed knight.

Feeling both tired and despaired, Linea retreated to the stone wall that surrounded the tower and decided to camp right beside it. 

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 08, 2020, 05:54:57 pm »

Inspect the area outside the tower to see if it is good enough to settle encampment.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 08, 2020, 06:59:48 pm »

It was very late afternoon. Another few hours, and the sun would be down.  Traveling at night was inadvisable with the number of corrupted animals about, and the sooner a sentry fire and other camping essentials could be gathered and deployed, the safer the night would be.

He really hated trying to make camps this large; He felt that small, compact, and hyperminimal camps were ideal, from an ecological-mindfulness point of view. However, that would not suffice for a traveling group.

Then there was the problem of Mama, and her food needs.  They had just spent the whole damn day in a foodless environment, walking around and expending calories. She was extremely hungry. (or at least, hungry enough she wouldn't sleep well if she did not get something filling to eat first.) Normally, a bear spends its day slowly waddling around here and there, snacking on low yield but abundant foodstuffs (about 90lbs worth), and she had not been able to do this today. This was just one of many natural incompatibilities of taking her along, but there really wasn't an option to leave her at the village either. Those fools would just lock her in a cage and neglect her for sure.

He puffed out his scraggly and unkempt beard hairs with a huff.  He'd just do the best he could. It was all anyone could do, given the circumstances.

The thought of cooking mama's food so she got more out of what she ate crossed his mind, and he ran it past her.  She liked the richer, more robust smells and flavors, but really wanted to feel full tonight. He sighed. Why did things have to be falling apart in this forest, and so quickly too? He really wished he could just cut the adventurers loose, but he and mama needed them, their help, and their expertise.  He hated it.

Electing to just make the best use of his time, and hope for the best, the two of them agreed to just try to find as much food now as possible, let mama gorge as much as she could while he set about setting up camp; Collecting suitable windfalls to fuel the fire for the night, rocks to set up the fire ring, leaves for sleeping on, etc.  If they had started sooner, he would have had time to set up simple lean-tos for them, but not tonight.  It would be cold, "under the stars" again.  It would go easier if more of them had the right skills to set this all up, but that's not what he had. He had to plan and partition the remaining daylight. People would be thirsty tonight, and there was no sign of a quality water source outside the wall. It would have to be vine-water again tonight, and he set his jars.

Hours passed.  Mama hungrily dug after grubs, burrowing varmints, roots and shoots, while Jack drug fallen limbs, dead fallen trees, blanket-loads of quality dry leaves that had not yet decomposed in the spring, and the other camp essentials to the spot near the perimeter wall the group had chosen. He set the two knuckleheads the task of breaking down the wood he brought back to keep them busy while he worked. The sun was nearly set by the time he was done, with the sun casting lengthened shadows in the reddening last light of the day. He conferred with mama about what all she had managed to hork down, hoping he could leverage her foraging experience to help russle up something he could cook tonight. There had been grubs under a tree, along with a surprised and delicious nest of voles, wood sorrels, sedges...  Nothing jack could really use, since mama had eaten all the sorrels, and he seriously doubted the more "urbane" group he was with would find the grubs that appealing. He rubbed on her lovingly, hoping she had gotten enough to eat. She informed him that she had not, but at least she wasn't empty anymore. His heart sank a little. This spot sucked.

He hated the idea, and he wasn't clean enough to do the job properly (so it would probably be a bust, his scent would be far too strong), but all the signs kept telling him that he needed to go hunting.  The deer would be coming out of hiding in the evening light, and emerge to graze at the edges of the clearing the tower's wall created.  He licked a finger to get the wind direction, and got downwind, set up his blind, and hoped for the best. If he absolutely had to do this, he wanted a good, clean kill. He took no pleasure in it at all. Whatever was responsible for this calamity would pay, he swore it.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 07:06:47 pm by wierd »

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 08, 2020, 11:41:28 pm »

After taking a considerable distance from other adventurers, Linea kneeled and touched the part of the grass that covered the entire courtyard. Musing slightly at the thought of something that pristinely green existed in a place like this.

Too bad she is not a fan sitting on a carpet made of grass no matter how convenient, or natural as the tree hugger claims to be. Especially if she knew what kind of nasty critters might be hidden under its humid blades.

The fire spreads slowly, revealing the dried earth beneath and dispersed on its own after traveling enough distance. Linea let the ground cooled off for a while before spreading the gaudy robe she carries and sat atop of it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 12:26:38 am by Slyph »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 08, 2020, 11:59:00 pm »

He waited, and waited.. and waited.

No deer. 

He had just about given up when a boar trotted out of the treeline and through his line of fire. He held his breath, then made the shot.  A heartbeat later, the beast fell to the ground, with an arrow just beneath the crease of the foreleg, and through the heart.  He hated shooting boar; They were heavily armored in muscle like a bear was, making clean-kills near impossible. This was the best possible shot. Death would happen in under a minute, but was not instant. It killed him a little every time something else had to die like this, just so others could stay alive. ---Especially ones that were young, and healthy, like this one.

Mama had been watching, continuing her evening snack on the sedges living in the forest edge space, and raised her head to look and sniff in that direction with interest. She was thrilled that he had "managed to get one", but not too thrilled at the idea of having to share. For a minute, Jack worried she would try to take his whole kill; She was still very hungry, AND a bear. Some sweet-talking later though, such as it was, managed to prevail.  Promises of the more choice parts (for her anyway) now, with tasty cooked bits later, were sufficient (though she did make some other demands best not mentioned in civil company.)

It was flat out dark by the time he took the cleaned and skinned carcass to the campsite.

The grass had been scorched, but not too distant. He thought maybe the two knuckleheads had let the fire escape the fire pit, but it didnt really fit. The grass was too green to really burn like that. He didnt like the implications, but at least the burn scar was small and well contained, and had not spread anywhere near taller, more combustible vegetation.  He doubted that the wizard who lived here would ever be coming back, and a small burn like this was actually an opportunity for other kinds of plants to get started. This area was mostly grass and sedge at the forest edge. Too homogeneous for his tastes to begin with.

Tired, and dirty from the work, he presented the catch.

The bubble-headed girl paladin took it excitedly, and about tripped over herself as she carted it back toward the fire, where she laid it out over one of the dead trees he had lugged up there hours earlier. He watched with a raised eye as she brought out her heavy sword, and commenced cleaving the corpse up. He wondered wryly if she had worked in a butcher's shop at some point in her life, before turning to leave.

"Aren't you going to stay?"

It was the clever girl, still leaning on that old goat of a man who had put her back together after her mishap in that damned darkened room in that fool-assed tower. (damned gaudy place...) 

I gots te get cleaned up firs-- he explained, demonstrating all the remaining gore and blood all over him from the cleaning process. His hands were literally filthy. Gimme a bit-- I'll be back fer some grub af'er I gets a bit cleaner.

"Oh." she said, "Be careful out there.."

Always am...    (always am...) he muttered, more to himself than as a response to the statement, but he visibly nodded ascent, before turning and sauntering off into the gloom once more.

He saw mama, still chewing on the boar skin he had given her, and was content with her safety, as he slipped past, and just under the trees nearby, where he sat his bag down, then peeled off his clothes. Just after he hung them over a nearby branch, the sound of small limbs breaking and rustling in the underbrush caused him to instinctively turn to face it, just as a pair of heavy paws landed on the limbs either side of him, and a pair of sparkling eyes in a familiar face pressed in on him, and pinned him to the tree.

Hello(handsome)
you smell nice/tasty (No need for walls here.)

Jack blushed uncontrollably as that warm tongue practically assaulted his face, then started smirking as it moved elsewhere, and her attentions bowled him over onto the ground.

He hoped there werent any more magical teleporting shenanigans out here---

-----------
(about an hour later)
-----------

Jack had just finished up cleaning the last of the mud and other filth off his clothes in the dim flickering firelight as it filtered through the foliage, by carefully scraping and combing the fur, and using just enough vine water to rinse it without actually wetting it.  Mama was happily rolling around in some leaves she had scratched together for them, trying to entice him to come to bed early. She was incorrigible that one-- He wondered if she would ever let him be-- (then again, if it weren't for all the company and need for propriety, he probably wouldn't want her to.) The after-thought tickling the back of his mind, as he made an amused smirk, before putting the clothes back on.  He had already seen to getting his actual person clean (or as clean as one can get with about 2 quarts of liquid) before hand, and felt pretty good about it-- He didnt reek of perspiration and dead animal guts anymore at least.

He slipped on his boots, as mama groaned at him, expressing her displeasure at his continued motions at getting dressed. Somewhat irritated, mingled with much more amusement, he asked her how she expected him to make good on his promise to bring back tasty cooked pig meat, if he did not get dressed first. She just let out a huff, and rolled around playfully in the leaves some more, before instructing him to hurry back, with the implication she would drag him back if he dawdled.  He wondered just what he had bitten off when he had decided to accept her affections.

He kept his conversations at the campsite to a minimum, and collected his portion of the evening meal.  The girl paladin had apparently been busy, and there was a small selection of cuts and prep methods to choose from-- Most were flame broiled, because of what was available, but she had done a pretty good job with limited smoking, and grillng as well. He wondered absently what she had done the latter with, since he still had his pan in his bag-- but he didn't press it.  He just grabbed up a fat hunk of cooked pork, spoke what pleasantries and appreciations he felt he could muster, then once more retreated into the gloom.

He kinda wondered what the rest of the group felt about his habits of wandering off at night, as vague feelings of being anti-social washed through his unconscious. He brushed them aside as best he could.  He fully expected to have to answer them eventually.  Someday.

He took a big bite of the roast pork. It was fully cooked but still juicy, with melted fat seared in.  Very delightful to a starving body like his.  Misgivings over killing something to get it mingled with the sensation, tainting the experience, but he continued to wolf it down-- It was too late now though.  Reaching the spot Mama had picked out for them, he gave her the lion's share, and stroked her neck and shoulder amusedly as she greedily dug in herself. She had none of the reservations of after-thoughts he had, that was for sure.

He listened to the wind rustle through the branches overhead, and looked at the stars as they twinkled in the sky.  He could be happy here, if there wasn't a calamity going on.

He waited for her to finish her meal, as he finished eating his share more slowly, then took off his boots, and laid down in the leaves.  He had placed the blanket on the ground beneath them when she had picked the spot initially, to her confusion, but the combination was both soft, warm, and insulated from the ground. It was very nice indeed.  He layed back and got comfortable, before she plopped down over him like she had become accustomed to doing, pinning him down, but also blanketing him in her warmth.  He smiled, and looked into her happy face as she threatened to lick him some more.

(Need to)wake early(before they do)

He told her, before rubbing his cheek on the bridge of her nose.

They would need to get a head-start on getting some food in her before they started traveling again. He looked into those eyes again. She had once again misinterpreted the statement in a way only a truly single-minded and driven being could have, and his cheeks colored as he smirked, before offering correction that it was about getting food, not fun.

She radiated disappointment, but understanding, then wiggled to settle down on top of him.  He wrapped an arm over her neck, and pawed in her fur absently.  There were worse ways to live. Despite the problems, this had been a very pleasant evening.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 03:07:01 am by wierd »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 09, 2020, 04:28:34 am »

Burt quickly set about putting up his tent near where the old hobo was making a camp, then he waited until some kind of food was prepared and when it was finished he quickly left the tent and grabbed what they allowed him to take then he ran with it back to his tent to eat it, and after that he sat and looked at the fruit book he had found in the tower before going to sleep.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 09, 2020, 04:43:14 am »

The moon comes up, and then goes away.

Time has passed, and it is now early morning, the next day.
:-(

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 09, 2020, 04:50:07 am »

Dixie woke up early beside Lucy again, with a tree covering them from the early sunlight as usual.

Having nothing to do, she walked around, looking at everyone and how they slept, until she got to where Linea was. She squatted in front of her and hugged her own knees, just observing Linea's quiet sleeping face. Going this far, they hadn't found Linea's missing people yet... maybe she feels pretty bummed out.

Dixie pulled out a sapphire gem from a pocket in her chestplate, then held it forward, her gaze alternating between it and Linea.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 05:33:18 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 142