Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119963 times)

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #345 on: February 06, 2020, 08:30:16 am »

"Damn I can't afford anything, need more money."
After leaving the blacksmith's shop Burt looks around for empty bottles and bits of cloth, then heads over to the alchemy shop to see if they sell gunpowder, alcohol, and matches.

((This is just a reminder for ALL players in case they haven't seen it yet, all shop items can be accessed at the bottom of the Shop Items doc like so:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone also please see this post and the mechanics sticky if you haven't already.))

Burt makes his way to the apothecary. The apothecarist has plenty of spare gunpowder and matches, since the Adventuring Company brings in such supplies regularly and the excess is sometimes dumped in her shop. However she doesn't have any expendable alcohol on her at the moment.

She points at the other wares on her shelves, if any adventurer is inclined to make a purchase.
:-(

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 06, 2020, 08:37:07 am »

Dixie gently holds Lucy's arm as they walk out and towards the tavern, to eat.
I have a YouTube channel.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 06, 2020, 08:38:16 am »

(Note: all player's characters are gathered here to progress the game.)

During lunch time, an older gentleman joined the adventurers for the meal. He introduced himself as Lucy, a representative of Mystville Company, and will be addressing several points of interest for their incoming job.

"I believe Aven have explained the job's description. The forest is acting strange for the past few months and we haven't got the manpower to find out why. It'll be on you to find out and, if possible, do something about it. I will be both your overseer and your healer during ventures outside the village, to ensure that everything operates smoothly. Any questions?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 06, 2020, 09:32:31 am »

Burt sat alone eating whatever kind of food was served, he didn't pay much attention to what it was he just ate it, and as he finished he heard some dude named Lucy go on about some stuff and ask if anyone had any questions, and Burt sat there for a minute before coming up with one.

"Are there any ruins in the woods we should be aware of, because if there are we should start looking in those for the cause of whatever's happening here."

Also if the matches are free grab some, if they cost get as many as one gold will get me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 06, 2020, 10:10:25 am »

Jack's skin prickled at the man joining their group.

Something was off about him. He couldn't quite place it, but he wasn't what he seemed. It set him on edge.

Saying nothing, he kept eating, and giving more food under the table to Mama.  Strangely, nobody was sitting near them. He didn't mind, meant more on this side for the two of them.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 06, 2020, 10:51:28 am »

Burt sat alone eating whatever kind of food was served, he didn't pay much attention to what it was he just ate it, and as he finished he heard some dude named Lucy go on about some stuff and ask if anyone had any questions, and Burt sat there for a minute before coming up with one.

"Are there any ruins in the woods we should be aware of, because if there are we should start looking in those for the cause of whatever's happening here."

Also if the matches are free grab some, if they cost get as many as one gold will get me.
"The last group did reported a tower-like structure deeper into the woods to the northwest of here, before they left. They lost half their number trying to get there, mercenaries thinking that the woods are more forgiving that battlefield. I do hope we'll fare better."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 06, 2020, 11:08:21 am »

Jack spoke up.

What do ya know about th' strange disease, makin' all the animals nuts?

He raised his eyebrow, making his single eye look huge and bulgy.

They's something unnatural goin on in there, and Mama here's got a headache to beat the band.  It's like Meningitis, without the stumblin, and makin em all crabbier than she-orcs on their [vulgar utterance deleted].  You got somethin nasty in these parts ye aint lettin on about?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 11:15:55 am by wierd »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 06, 2020, 02:28:50 pm »

In addition he collects some of the Bear Claws and Wolf Fangs gathered by the villagers and hands them over to Doctor Doak, as these can be used as ingredients in alchemy.

Doctor Doak gains 1 Bear Claw and 9 Wolf Fangs.

"Oh. Cool. Uh... thanks?"

Doctor Doak wanders to the apothecary once again, to show the apothecarist his new findings, his new green goo (now in varying viscosity!) and ask what to do with the claws and fangs. And also hopefully speak to Xanios.

((has de apothecary got anyfin' intersting to say about my goo and my teef and nails))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 06, 2020, 03:05:02 pm »

Oh. Cool. Uh... thanks?"

Doctor Doak wanders to the apothecary once again, to show the apothecarist his new findings, his new green goo (now in varying viscosity!) and ask what to do with the claws and fangs. And also hopefully speak to Xanios.

(Sorry for the delay!)

The apothecarist takes a look at the new findings with considerable interest. She theorizes that the the fluid likely has some nervous properties, significantly altering the nervous system of the creature it afflicts. The thicker viscosity may indicate a stronger reaction, or a more advanced stage of this material infection. Whether this affliction is due natural or magical means, the apothecarist cannot tell with the information available at present.

As for the state of organs of some of the other wolves, the apothecarist is at a loss. She thinks it unlikely that the wolf would still be functioning as a regular member of its species, given the intensity of internal damage, even though that was clearly the case as the fight concluded not too long ago.

The apothecarist notices the intact claws and fangs recovered by Doctor Doak (or rather handed to him by Aven) and gives him a recipe sheet of some potions she is able to craft using them. With the right recipe and equipment anyone could craft these potions with ease.

Added a party-wide recipe sheet to the Shop Items document

((Note: A new tab has been added to the Shop Items spread sheet (like so). This is not a comprehensive list of potions you can craft using your ingredients, you may find different recipes by searching for them, asking NPCs or even through trial-and-error alchemy.))
:-(

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 06, 2020, 03:46:34 pm »

In addition he collects some of the Bear Claws and Wolf Fangs gathered by the villagers and hands them over to Doctor Doak, as these can be used as ingredients in alchemy.

A man wearing dark blue robes soon enters the apothecary, hastily making his way over to Doctor Doak and the apothecarist. "Are you Doctor Doak? I'm Xanios, the sorcerer. I was told you wanted to see me?" He says in a quick and impatient tone, meanwhile scanning around the room for seemingly nothing in particular.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 06, 2020, 04:02:21 pm »

A man wearing dark blue robes soon enters the apothecary, hastily making his way over to Doctor Doak and the apothecarist. "Are you Doctor Doak? I'm Xanios, the sorcerer. I was told you wanted to see me?" He says in a quick and impatient tone, meanwhile scanning around the room for seemingly nothing in particular.

Doctor Doak nods vigorously.

"Mm. I wanted to discuss something of scientific import to the village, to see if there was perhaps a thaumaturgical explanation to it..."

Discuss the results of the various autopsies, and show Xanios the green goos.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 06, 2020, 05:51:32 pm »

"Mm. I wanted to discuss something of scientific import to the village, to see if there was perhaps a thaumaturgical explanation to it..."

Xanios studies the green goos, listening to Doctor Doak's descriptions of the various autopsies. "Hmmm, yes, I have encountered this substance many times while disposing of the creatures' corpses, and the plants in their brains as well. Indeed, these irregularities seem to have something to do with the creatures' abnormal states, which may very well be magical in nature."

He thinks for a moment.

"I suspect it may have something to do with an entity deep in the forest, causing the rest of the wildlife to become hostile to anything that isn't a part of the forest's natural ecosystem. Perhaps a disturbed nature elemental or something of the like. Whatever it is, it seems intent on destroying everything that isn't a part of the forest."

He then briefly glances at Doctor Doak.

"Say, you're not one of the adventurers that we hired to investigate this business, are you? You don't look much like one." Xanios says, hinting at Doctor Doak's highly peculiar attire and the absence of any adventuring gear.

"You know, there's a group of adventurers gathered outside who should be heading out into the forest soon. Perhaps you should consider joining them on their expedition, I'm sure that will lead to finding out more about what's happening."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 06, 2020, 06:46:46 pm »

Xanios studies the green goos, listening to Doctor Doak's descriptions of the various autopsies. "Hmmm, yes, I have encountered this substance many times while disposing of the creatures' corpses, and the plants in their brains as well. Indeed, these irregularities seem to have something to do with the creatures' abnormal states, which may very well be magical in nature."

He thinks for a moment.

"I suspect it may have something to do with an entity deep in the forest, causing the rest of the wildlife to become hostile to anything that isn't a part of the forest's natural ecosystem. Perhaps a disturbed nature elemental or something of the like. Whatever it is, it seems intent on destroying everything that isn't a part of the forest."

He then briefly glances at Doctor Doak.

"Say, you're not one of the adventurers that we hired to investigate this business, are you? You don't look much like one." Xanios says, hinting at Doctor Doak's highly peculiar attire and the absence of any adventuring gear.

"You know, there's a group of adventurers gathered outside who should be heading out into the forest soon. Perhaps you should consider joining them on their expedition, I'm sure that will lead to finding out more about what's happening."

Doctor Doak looks down at this dishevelled lab coat (complete with pens) and shrugs. Then smiles widely.

"I've been on quite the adventure recently... I just seem to have forgotten the way home. Perhaps adventuring with this company will help me find it.

Thank you for your expertise, Xanios.
"

With that, he leaves and goes to lunch.

(Note: all player's characters are gathered here to progress the game.)

During lunch time, an older gentleman joined the adventurers for the meal. He introduced himself as Lucy, a representative of Mystville Company, and will be addressing several points of interest for their incoming job.

"I believe Aven have explained the job's description. The forest is acting strange for the past few months and we haven't got the manpower to find out why. It'll be on you to find out and, if possible, do something about it. I will be both your overseer and your healer during ventures outside the village, to ensure that everything operates smoothly. Any questions?"

"Quite frankly the logical conclusion would be to move the village. Xanios seems to think it has something to do with a disgruntled elemental. Wants to destroy everything that isn't part of the forest. Some of the beasts it controls were in very poor condition when I examined them. I mean, they shouldn't have been able to stand, let alone attack anything.

I don't claim to know anything of elementals. Do you know what would happen to the forest if we destroy the elemental?
"

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 06, 2020, 07:24:28 pm »

Evacuation... It does seem to be the obvious solution, if that's the case. All of this infrastructure can be rebuilt instantly in any other location, unless...

Dixie turns from her half-finished meaty egg noodles and to Lucy. "Is there something in this village that prevents everyone from evacuating? Aside from their houses and all that."
I have a YouTube channel.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 06, 2020, 07:54:14 pm »

Jack spoke up.

What do ya know about th' strange disease, makin' all the animals nuts?

He raised his eyebrow, making his single eye look huge and bulgy.

They's something unnatural goin on in there, and Mama here's got a headache to beat the band.  It's like Meningitis, without the stumblin, and makin em all crabbier than she-orcs on their [vulgar utterance deleted].  You got somethin nasty in these parts ye aint lettin on about?
"We hired you to find out about this, simple as that. Whatever causing the phenomenon is way too deep in the woods for our current manpower to reach, much less do something about."
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 142